Hiding Beyblade from your friends

I hide it a little. If someone who hasnt known me that long comes into my house, I hide them. But my friends Ive known for a long time dont care.

I try to be more social that way if people find out I am a huge geek they dont care. Thats how it turns out usually for me. Some kids get bullied alot for playing this game but I get left alone because I get out there and try to talk to new people. I feel kinda bad that the other people get bullied and I dont, so I try to get people to leave them alone.
I hide them from my friends to keep them less annoying. They want to play with all the cool things I have.
I quit it, but now its a bring-out-when-bored-out-of-your-mind kind thing now.
All my friends know i play beyblade and how much i spent on them... They dont mind at all lolz! But i think i might have to hide the fact i like beyblade in high school >_> well it depends what type of friends i meet i guess if their honest and trustworthy i probably will tell them that i blade... but until them everyone of my friends knows that i blade and im proud of it ;D
When my friends come over I make it a point to show off my beyblades. If they don't like it well tough 💩. There my friends they should take it. And the people at school well I use school to buy old beyblades and Pokemon and gameboy stuff it takes lots of bravery IMO to walk aroundd doing that. I've been insulted hundreds Of times. Actually in so outward about beyblade anyone can onsult me. But I don't care because I go home take'm out and have fun.
ya' know what i say? if they don't accept the fact that YOU do YOUR hobbies, they shouldn't beyour friends.
my neighborhood friends used to play they got out of it but I keep the the bey spirit going

how do I hide it? I dont Im proud of my likes
Well I still play beyblade and I will probably play for a very long time but in middle school people start to knowing I blade becuase mostly my best friends start beybladeing at school and then I start bringing them to lunch everyday to battle them the teachers and school dosnt it mind us playing videogames or bringing stuff to school lol but I might have to hide it because it depends on what type of friends you have as some people really dont like me and are jealous of me for some reasons and they use beyblade to insult me like saying I play gayblade but I manage to get some that hate beyblade to like it but many people dont insult me becausebi always have people to back me up also people who known outside of school know I blade and I try to get more social everday but it is kinda hard for me
This academic year, I am not having problems either. In fact, a student saw my WBO account when I logged in from my school PC and he seemed quite happy to see my bey-rank.
And the group of people I am with are quite comfortable with me playing beyblade for the exact reason stated here.
(Aug. 17, 2012  8:34 PM)Ella Fitzgerald Wrote: And I don't need to hide Beyblades from my friends, because they'll simply laugh about it once or twice but don't constantly bug me about it because my grades and exceptional performance in class makes up for my "childish" hobbies XD
I am the most knowledgeable person in my class when it comes to childish stuff like toys, cartoons/animes, beyblade and anything like that. And my grades being better than others most of the times, they dont make fun of me for being so 'childish' XD
Well, I'm homeschooled, so I don't have to worry about hiding it from kids at school, but when I joined the Teen Group at church, I had planned on hiding it from everyone except my best friend, Marissa, who introduced me to Beyblades. Then, we had an icebreaker one night where we had to take weird objects out of our purses/backpacks/pockets and present them. The person with the weirded object won. I didn't have anything with me but my Beyblade, Flame Bull, so I presented it. No one knew what it was. I told them that it was a special spinning top, and I won! Grin
I don't hide about beyblading to my friends or anyone else....I don't really understand why should we hide that we play with beyblade.All of my friends know that I play beyblade and don't really say anything....why should we hide beyblade or leave it just because people don't like it or make fun of you...when adults collect action figures why shoud we be made fun of just for blading...this just shows thay they are jealous that they can't blade
My friends don't have a problem with it but some of them have some beys. It's my cousins I'm worried about, I haven't seen them in a long time but we're going to meet again in November. (Give me luck)
I kindove quote='Dracomageat' pid='930449' dateline='1333390990']
My true friends were the ones who got me into beyblades back in the day and they have a good time seeing how things have changed since so I don't hide it from them. As for my more recent friends, we're not really close enough for it to constitute "hiding" IMO.
[/quote]

Yeah im kinda mad at my freinds for sucking me in. It's really fun and I practice a lot but I've spent so much money. I did this with pokemon. There was this girl i really liked but i had no self confidence. My 3rd grade teacher ruined it because I ordered the handbook from scholastic so she got them and said the title and the persons name. She said Pokemon like she was about to gag. I was so embarrassed I got my book and shunned myself. Only to find out she liked Pokemon to but kept it a secret. She said that was cool that I could do that in front of the whole class. Thanks ms. Terry for actually getting her to talk to me. I only had the rest of the school year and then I moved away. Unhappy
I hide it from all of my friends I only have two other friends at my school who play it and i have to hide it all the time

I keep them in this box inside of my desk drawer's secret compartment
I've kept it a secret. I don't know why though. I'm sure none of my (true) friends would care. I'm more worried about the kids with bully-like natures.
I take the attitude that I don't tell people but I don't actively hide it either. If they know me well enough to find out about my hobbies without me actively telling them then they should know what to expect from me.
i hide my beyblades from my friends but only one who is my best friend is interested in them and also plays beyblade with me
i even had a girlfriend who when came to know about my beyblade passion asked me to quite it but i left her as if she really loved me she should have accepted me as i am...!!!
BEYBLADING IS A PART OF MY LIFE
(Sep. 04, 2012  12:35 AM)pocketpulls Wrote: I've kept it a secret. I don't know why though. I'm sure none of my (true) friends would care. I'm more worried about the kids with bully-like natures.

listen it takes a real man to do what he loves and a coward to pick on those who enjoy things. Don't let those jerks get to you I say beyblade in front of there face and show how many carps you give.
(Aug. 21, 2012  4:04 AM)wtater888 Wrote: Yeah im kinda mad at my freinds for sucking me in. It's really fun and I practice a lot but I've spent so much money. I did this with pokemon. There was this girl i really liked but i had no self confidence. My 3rd grade teacher ruined it because I ordered the handbook from scholastic so she got them and said the title and the persons name. She said Pokemon like she was about to gag. I was so embarrassed I got my book and shunned myself. Only to find out she liked Pokemon to but kept it a secret. She said that was cool that I could do that in front of the whole class. Thanks ms. Terry for actually getting her to talk to me. I only had the rest of the school year and then I moved away. Unhappy

That's cool that things worked out for you like that and just goes to show you, you should be more self confident and open with things.
Also, lol at your teacher being "Ms. Terry".
Most of my friends, I typically don't talk about Beyblades with them, because I feel like everyone would think it childish to "play" with spinning tops. Especially with girls, it's not really a good line to start off with, "I like playing with spinning tops." and it's typically something people nowadays scoff at just for doing something that you like.

EDIT: However, the decent girls are the ones who like you for who you are anyways.
Well, its a pretty weird scenario as far as my case is concerned...
I try to hide my interests about Beyblade (and Pokemon too) from my friends for as long as possible.

For those who know of my hobby, they find me too mature for my age, and shudder at the thought of me playing a game meant for "kids". They probably expect me to be a bit more sensible, and use my free time more constructively, hah!
The "Haters Gonna Hate" attitude doesn't work for me, unfortunately. If I have someone hating me, I can't stand it. I try to please people who are angry with me, so that they do not hate me.

To do this, I have frequently resorted to giving out certain foolish excuses. However, they have worked for me pretty well. What hurts me though, is that I actually had to resort to such excuses, which destroy the actual aura of this beautiful game...

Considering that humans(or at least a few of my friends) are mostly materialistic, or obsessed with studies; these two statements have made beyblade more than just a game for them (and even for me in front of them)-

1. Beyblade are amazing collectibles and have a HIGH collective value.
To support this statement, I always have a Dragoon MS ebay listing bookmarked on my PC or Phone. I show it to them, and they suddenly start respecting the hobby...

2. Beyblade involves a lot of Physics.
To support this statement, I usually give them a demonstration about how different parts work differently, and how the various laws of Physics affect beyblade; making it more than just a spinning top...

While these excuses work for me in front of a few friends, sometimes they don't.
I completely agree with Just That Guy, who says that people usually find a chance to insult others to uplift their own status. Unfortunately though, this technique is highly effective; and it takes a long time to resurrect your reputation (if you care to do it, that is). And if all this happens in front of a girl, I DIE of embarrassment... Speechless
The best part is when such friends actually accompany you home, enjoy a Beyblade match or two, and leave with a rather jolly look. This happens rarely, but well, it happened once in my case; where one of these guys was SO impressed with the game, that he actually wanted me to purchase a bey for him.

Talking about purchases, that too is a funny affair. I have NEVER let the shopkeeper or the cashier at a supermarket know that I am purchasing the bey for myself. In such cases, I usually tend to act like a guy buying a birthday present for his "so-called" brother. I do it by raising questions on a metal spinning top's safety, and the meaning of the words- Attack, Defense etc. printed on the side of the box. I do not know if I actually succeed in deceiving the shopkeeper into believing my story, but well, it might be good! Tongue_out

Coming back to friends, I am fortunate to have my best friends have no problem with my hobby!
Referring to what Brad said- My best friends do not care about what I do in my free time; and that is exactly why they are my best friends! Joyful_3
Hah, I do that whenever I buy my Beyblades from a store; I mumble to myself while browsing the aisle, saying to myself what my so-called brother or sister would want. And when I get to the register, I typically continue that, and I highly doubt any of the employees buy my little "excuse".

Some of my closer friends recently have been looking into the Beyblades, and have become interested in it, and one of my friends has actually been into Beyblades since the beginning, so it's actually fun to chat with her about it. Tongue_out
All my friends know that I love beyblade(maybe that's why I'm still single lol), we start of with 3 persons. Then, all the boys from other classes got interested and started to play,too. They kinda quit for now, but we still talk about beys sometime. So just be yourself.
All my friends play beyblade, they sometimes even get jealous of me having alot rofl, we have teams and stuff.
End of story.
I won't deny that im a nerd geek what ever since i love beybladeing dueling with yugioh cards or watching anime anything star wars transformer realted etc i never had any proplem with hideing my bey's since i didn't have too all of my friends blade we all love pokemon so really i grew up in a family where if you like something than its okay i remeber in 4th grade around the book fair they had these rubber tops and i said they remind me of beyblades so we started calling them unoffical beyblades but if anyone bully me about what i like well i would propley tell them that you have no right to dissed me about something i enjoy doing and im sure the admins can tell since i got warnings cause of this i tend to tell it like it is if it gets me introuble or not thats just how im raised i was taught to not let people walk all over me so really i have no proplems at all.