Experimental Format Updates & Hasbro Burst BeyLotto, Limited Format v1.5, and more!

Hey World Bladers!

We are in the midst of a pretty exciting time for the community. Beyblade Burst has launched in Canada and we are working hard on several big projects behind the scenes that we’re excited to show off in the next few months. But in the mean time, we have several other newsworthy items we’d like to announce!

Experimental Burst Format Rule Changes
We recently launched a new set of experimental tournament format rules that we wanted to test the viability of in real events. We haven’t revisited many of the rules for tournament organization in WBO Organized Play since the WBO was launched in 2008, and with Beyblade Burst’s wider international launch on the horizon, now seemed as good a time as any to start evaluating them again. Our goal is to eventually introduce some version of these new changes as the new standard for our WBO Organized Play events.

So far, we have hosted a couple events under these rules in Toronto in North Carolina and gathered initial feedback from both hosts and players. As a result of our discussions, we have put together a revised ruleset for this experimental format:

View Revised Experimental Format Rules

Use of this format is not mandatory and doesn’t include prize reimbursement or rankings, but it has some great perks instead:
  • Entry is free for everyone
  • Faces and Credits are included (except Shards of Amaterios)
  • All entrants will be entered into a Hasbro-themed BeyLotto! Details below.
Please discuss these changes and direct any questions you may have to the Experimental Tournament Format Changes Discussion thread.

Experimental Format Hasbro BeyLotto Giveaway

Beyond the free entry and Faces and Credits available to participants in experimental format events, all participants will also be entered into a Hasbro Beyblade Burst-themed giveaway!

Three lucky winners will win one of the following Face Boosters:

Additionally, all three winners will have their choice of receiving one Hasbro Beyblade Burst Starter OR one Hasbro Beyblade Burst Dual Pack! Especially for players living outside of Canada, this is a great opportunity to win some of the brand new Hasbro Beyblade Burst before they are released in your country!

HMS & Plastics Remembrance Day 2016 BeyLotto Results
Speaking of giveaways … here are the results from the HMS & Plastics Remembrance Day 2016 BeyLotto!:

Face Booster Winners:
JesseObre
Jimmyjazz39
U wot m8
MissingNo.
Dobby
ashton pinto
AaryanBITW
JoltCentral

Face Booster RISING [Image: 1nldQ9a.png]
Face Booster MAROON [Image: faceboostermaroon.png]
Face Booster FLAXEN [Image: faceboosterflaxen.png]
Face Booster CELESTE [Image: faceboosterceleste.png]
Face Booster ADVANCE [Image: faceboosteradvance.png]

2nd Prize: Rayx Nikhil
$25 Toku Taku Toys Coupon
towards the purchase of any Plastics or HMS items!

Grand Prize: beymaster15963
$40 Toku Taku Toys Coupon
towards the purchase of any Plastics or HMS items!

For all of the above winners, please post your Face Booster choice in the thread here!

Many thanks to OkinawamTS! beymaster15963 and Rayx Nikhil, please PM him to claim your prize. You can check out the items for sale in his store here:

Limited Format Ban List v1.5 Effective Now

Newly Banned
  • CRYSTAL/ELEMENT WHEEL: Dark Knight/Ronin

Newly Unbanned
  • WHEEL: Gravity (and all Perseus Clear Wheels)

Since the previous ban list update was announced a year ago where both Libra and Omega were banned, Dark Knight has risen to prominence in the Limited Format metagame. Its use in powerful Attack types with incredibly wide reach in terms of their ability to KO Beyblades of all heights, its ability to outspin some Defense types if it doesn’t KO them, its ability to be paired with any Zero-G/Shogun Steel Chrome/Warrior Wheel, and being left-spin in a predominantly right-spin series have made it into a choice that is undeniably versatile and safe, making other powerful but less versatile and more specialized Attack types less likely to be used. It is for these reasons that we have chosen to ban Dark Knight for this iteration of the Limited Format ban list.

As for Gravity, it has been banned since it dominated the initial test events for Limited Format nearly three years ago now. At the time this banning faced some level of contention, and even to this day many people have been questioning the ban and clamouring for the chance to use it again. There is however, many other people who have opposed this, and for good reason; Gravity is–like Dark Knight–an incredibly versatile part that can potentially easily be abused, lowering diversity in the format. However, it is possible that several years later with a much different looking ban list for Limited Format and more experience with the pool of parts available that its versatility might no longer be too overwhelming. So for the time being, Gravity will be unbanned, but we will be keeping a watchful eye on how it performs in subsequent Limited Format events, at which point we will evaluate whether it can be allowed to stay unbanned or not.

To discuss this update, possible future updates, and to see the discussion that led to the decisions that were made for this update, please use these threads:

MFB Limited Ban List Discussion (Public)
and the MFB: Limited Discussion forum.

Standard/Limited Format Stadium Legality Updates

Newly Banned
  • BB-14 BeyStadium Balance Type (also included in the BB-20 Beybattle Try Set)
  • BB-46 BeyStadium Standard Type (red floor)
Newly Unbanned
  • Burst BeyStadium Standard Type
Ruling Update
  • Prior to any BeyBattle, players are permitted to inspect the BeyStadium with the permission of the judge. Once permission has been granted, the player may pick up the stadium and inspect it. Afterwards, it must be placed back into the same position it was originally in on the ground. The existing rules for touching the BeyStadium in any other situation still apply; a judge may grant a round loss if the stadium is intentionally moved/touched without asking for permission.

The BB-14 and BB-46 Stadiums have been banned due to their vastly different designs and lack of ridges to make Attack types viable in comparison to the gameplay and design of the Attack Stadium or any of the other legal stadiums in the format.

To ensure the viability of the Standard and Limited Formats moving into the future when the Attack Stadium may become more scarce (the reduced number of legal Attack Stadiums with the banning of the Sonokong versions also accelerates this eventual problem), and due to the relatively minor differences between the Burst BeyStadium Standard Type and the Attack Stadium, we have also decided to unban the Burst BeyStadium Standard Type for each format.

There has been much recent discussion regarding Sonokong's Attack Type Stadiums that feature a smaller Tornado Ridge and slightly different bowl design. This makes aggressive combos less viable. After considering feedback from players who have used it during official events, and considering the logistical issues of enforcing a ban on a stadium that at first glance appears to be similar to the original mold Attack Stadiums, we decided that the best way forward was to allow for players to inspect any stadium prior to the beginning of a BeyBattle with the judges permission so that they can be made aware of the mold/stadium they are playing in and adjust their strategy accordingly.

PROJECT SOCIAL MEDIA: Submit Tournament Photos & Videos, Earn Face Boosters!
As some of you may or may not have seen, we recently launched a new initiative to help bolster our social media presence and visibility of each of our great communities around the world: PROJECT SOCIAL MEDIA. Help us to do this and you can earn yourself new Face Boosters for your Face Collection!

(Aug. 09, 2016  5:20 PM)Mitsu Wrote: As many of you already know, the WBO runs several social media platforms: a Facebook, Twitter, and an Instagram! We post a broad range of Beyblade-related content, and we share everything from cool Beyblade photos to tournament coverage on a daily basis. Please take a look if you haven't already.

[Image: social20.png]

The WBO team loves experimenting with different types of content when sharing. We do find, however, that we get most of our online attention from our short clips and photos taken at official tournaments. Right now, though, that content isn't properly representative of our massive worldwide community. We want you to help us represent the World Beyblade Organization and show the world what Beyblade is like where you live!

And people like JoJo [Jp0t] have already been helping us do this for our Youtube channel with tournament videos for events like this one in Los Angeles!:

We’d love to share some of your content next! For more information and if you have any questions, please visit the official PROJECT SOCIAL MEDIA thread.

Welcome ~Mana~ to the WBO Committee!
Finally, we’re happy to announce another addition to the WBO Committee: ~Mana~! Many of you should already know him from his position over at the Beyblade Wiki which officially merged with Beywki last year. He has been a WBO Affiliate since, but with all of the work he’s done to date, it made perfect sense for us to take our commitment to the wiki a step further by adding him as an official member of our team!

His primary focus will be to continue managing the wiki itself while also pushing the merger project forward from both a content/article perspective, and a design perspective to help transition the wiki to a design that feels like more of a part of the WBO itself.

But we need all of the help we can get! Feel free to get in touch with him if you’re looking to help out with the wiki, and take a look through the following thread and forum to find out what you can do to help:
Welcome to the team, ~Mana~! Your work on the Beywiki is so valuable to us. I'm excited to work with you.

I'm also excited to work with our entire community on Project Social Media! It's super important that we feature your events and your communities all around the world. We can only show people how widespread the love for Beyblade is with your help and contributions.
I'm glad to see these ban list changes going up, and it's great the Deck Format is making progress as well. Some interesting changes are definitely in store for Beyblade Grin

Also, congrats to ~Mana~! Maintaining the wiki is no small task.
That's really great to know That the Burst Beystadium Standard type has been made officially legal for MFB Standard and Limited Formats as the Attack type stadiums are rare and Expensive compared to the Burst Standard Stadium. Thanks WBO Committee For taking this into consideration hah ! I appreciate that a lot.

Congratulations to Mana ! You Truly Deserve that Mate. Smile And to all the Winners of HMS & Plastics Remembrance Day 2016 BeyLotto !

Cheers !!!
Burst.
(Sep. 20, 2016  6:06 AM)cadney Wrote: I'm also excited to work with our entire community on Project Social Media! It's super important that we feature your events and your communities all around the world. We can only show people how widespread the love for Beyblade is with your help and contributions.

I really hope a lot of people participate in this project by submitting photos and videos from their local events to us! We really want our presence online to be reflective of all of the great communities we have around the world. And, we just want to see more of what's going on in each of these communities! We'll all feel a lot more connected the more we share with each other.

(Sep. 20, 2016  6:19 AM)Cake Wrote: I'm glad to see these ban list changes going up, and it's great the Deck Format is making progress as well. Some interesting changes are definitely in store for Beyblade Grin

Yeah! Can't wait for the next Limited and Experimental events, wherever they end up being. Going to be quite interesting. Smile

(Sep. 20, 2016  6:24 AM)Burst Wrote: That's really great to know That the Burst Beystadium Standard type has been made officially legal for MFB Standard and Limited Formats as the Attack type stadiums are rare and Expensive compared to the Burst Standard Stadium. Thanks WBO Committee For taking this into consideration hah ! I appreciate that a lot.

Glad you appreciate it! Given the relative similarity between the two stadiums, it seemed like the logical choice now that the Attack Stadium is becoming scarcer and more expensive.
I feel that the beyblade community is growing wider on a daily basis. Most likely I will try to implement the new format here in Mumbai. mana Welcome to the committee
As for the FB, I choose Face Booster RISING
Congratulations ~Mana~! Grin Also I´m happy that Gravity got unbanned. BeelzebBlader and me discussed about it a while ago. It´s also great that the Beyblade Burst BeyStadium Standard Type is now legal. But I´m worried that the walls will scratch from the metal until the point you can't see through anymore because that's what happened to me with my old Beyblade Burst BeyStadium Standard Type. And what happens when a Bey hits the walls behind the exits and then comes back into the play area? I know that it's not intended to be but in my opinion the Beyblade Burst BeyStadium Standard Type should be legal for MFB without the walls because then there are no wall saves and the factor of luck is less. But that's just my opinion.
Holy $#!+ I won something that isn't a face for once

Congrats to all the winners and good luck in the next one
Wow so much stuff to take in wow, but congrats ~Mana~ and the bey lotto winners and grand prize winners.
Congrats ~Mana~ for being a WBO committee! You definitely deserve the position! Smile

As for legalizing stadiums, I'm glad the Standard Burst stadium is now available for all formats. As for a Sonokong BB-10, there are slight differences from it, compared to a TT BB-10. I'm glad it's allowed for MFB/Limited formats as well.

I would need to take some thought into using a Standard Burst stadium for events. As @[TL14] stated above, I believe he has a point. Should we use the walls or not? I think it's a matter of fully testing it out and is based on the judge's final decision.

Glad to know Gravity isn't banned anymore. I gotta take some use out of it for Limited haha.

Great thread overall. Smile
Yay, I can host a tournament now!!!
Congratulations to the winners, and to Mana!
holy carp. I actually won something. this awesome and its going to be my first face. ill take maroon please
Congratulation, ~Mana~ I really have high hopes from you friend Wink. I'm really Beyxcited for new Experiment Format and will surely host 1 here in Mumbai! Burst Stadium Unbanning for MFB was great idea. Not just it will allow for many more events to be hosted but also allow for events to finish faster due to many people have those stadium. Its great to here that Nikhil won 2nd prize. He truly deserve it, also congrats to all other who win! Abt Ronin Ban, I 100%. Abt Gravity, Im not sure lets see what happens.

Thanks alot WBO for all this
First off; congratulations to Mana! You deserve it with all the work you do Smile

I am honestly a bit surprised to see Ronin banned, but at the same time, it was expected. Can't wait to see what combos are used now! And congratulations to the winners of the BeyLotto! Grin
fyi you guys, @[~Mana~] is only on staff because he has a good taste in waifus Cool

Legalizing the Burst BeyStadium Standard Type is definitely going to help out a lot of people. Really happy we decided to give it a chance! As for Project Social Media, please do let us know if you have any questions.

Hato Wrote:I am honestly a bit surprised to see Ronin banned

Can I ask why you were surprised?
How can you guys ban Ronin (which is not really that powerful, in my opinion), but leave Revolve unbanned ? Revolve is used in almost every single Burst tournament, and you can win super easily with it. Heck, Dobby came in second place at Burst of the Wild using only Revolve based combos, even if his launch is terrible.

For the stadiums, the ridge of the Burst Beystadium is way too thick in my opinion, but as always us mortals don't have any power on such decisions...

I'll take Face Booster CELESTE please.
Wow I'm genuinely surprised that burst stadium is unbanned in std and ltd but NOT zrg like what is this Kappa... No but seriously I'm shook. Also very shook by gravity unban.
Banned in Zero-G? STD format allows Zero-G as well so this means both MFB and ZR-G can be used in the Burst BeyStadium?
(Sep. 20, 2016  2:00 PM)Mitsu Wrote: fyi you guys, @[~Mana~] is only on staff because he has a good taste in waifus Cool

it's time to stop. find a weeaboo helpline

(Sep. 20, 2016  2:00 PM)Mitsu Wrote:
Hato Wrote:I am honestly a bit surprised to see Ronin banned

Can I ask why you were surprised?

After not seeing anything else being brought up in a while, I thought the situation may have finished for the time being. Though, the Committee is always at work, haha Wink
Thanks to the warm wishes guys! Hopefully I do everyone proud in my new (but totally not new) role, and I'm excited to be able to work with everyone on an even larger scale than before! I've also got some exciting new updates to the Wiki to be showing off soon, but I'll leave what it is to your imaginations Tongue_out

(Sep. 20, 2016  2:00 PM)Mitsu Wrote: fyi you guys, @[~Mana~] is only on staff because he has a good taste in waifus Cool

Absolutely. You guys were already sold on me joining based on my perfect choice of waifus. The Wiki literally had nothing to do with it Smug
(Sep. 20, 2016  2:40 PM)Brisk AquarioHD Wrote: Banned in Zero-G? STD format allows Zero-G as well so this means both MFB and ZR-G can be used in the Burst BeyStadium?

Not talking about the series zrg, I'm talking about the format itself which uses zrg stadiums that's why I said Kappa.
(Sep. 20, 2016  2:50 PM)1234beyblade Wrote:
(Sep. 20, 2016  2:40 PM)Brisk AquarioHD Wrote: Banned in Zero-G? STD format allows Zero-G as well so this means both MFB and ZR-G can be used in the Burst BeyStadium?

Not talking about the series zrg, I'm talking about the format itself which uses zrg stadiums that's why I said Kappa.

Ah gotcha.
(Sep. 20, 2016  2:14 PM)MissingNo. Wrote: For the stadiums, the ridge of the Burst Beystadium is way too thick in my opinion, but as always us mortals don't have any power on such decisions...

Mere mortals discussed this quite some time ago: https://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Beyblad...d-Testings

The data shows that the results across both stadiums are pretty similar. There are some differences, but none of them made a huge enough impact to deter us because:

We made this decision because we don't want our Metal formats to die. The cost of BB-10 is negatively impacting anyone who wants to get an MFB tournament going, and this is our best chance at keeping this format playable for the next five years.

Communities that have BB-10 and want to keep using them, or want to keep paying for more of them, are welcome to. But we also know a lot of tournament organizers can't afford it, and we as an organization can't afford them in large numbers anymore either.
I agree with you on the financial aspect. From my personnal experience, the Burst Standard Beystadium is completely unfair to Attack Types (without mentioning how difficult it is to use the Sliding Shoot correctly). But hey, I shouldn't complain, it will just be easier for me, since I'm mostly using stamina and defense types in MFB.