Do you think the WBO should hold team tournaments?

Poll: Do you think we should have a WBO tournament with teams

Yes, there should be a tournament with teams
84.07%
No, we should not have a tournament with teams
5.21%
Maybe
10.73%
Total: 100% 634 vote(s)
(Jul. 02, 2013  12:01 AM)Kyler_the best Wrote: Couldnt the bladers individual points just go straight to the regular rankings but the whole team get points also?

That is pretty much what I said.

Time has the right idea as this would need to more than likely be sort of like a "side tourny" since there probably would not be as many competitors. A good way to test this idea out would be to hold it at a tournament in a fairly popular area, just to see how it goes.
Here's the problem with team tournaments having rewards-

Lets take two Bladers- Blader A and Blader B.

Now, Blader A could be sucky, but if he was on the same team as Kei, JesseObre, and PockyX3 for example, he might still gain BP/Credits.

Blader B could be awesome, but if all his teammates were terrible, he could lose BP/not gain credits.

Therefore, the good blader does worse than the bad blader, just because of who was on his team.
(Jul. 02, 2013  12:51 AM)Kai Hiwatari Wrote:
(Jul. 02, 2013  12:01 AM)Kyler_the best Wrote: Couldnt the bladers individual points just go straight to the regular rankings but the whole team get points also?

That is pretty much what I said.

Time has the right idea as this would need to more than likely be sort of like a "side tourny" since there probably would not be as many competitors. A good way to test this idea out would be to hold it at a tournament in a fairly popular area, just to see how it goes.

PM'd dark mousy if they could do it at NC.
my team will be trying this side tourny thing and prizes arnt really necessary you just get bragging rights also to avoid the sucky blader and good blader thing just know who you pick unless you have no choice simple as that
(Jul. 02, 2013  12:56 AM)ShinobuXD Wrote: Here's the problem with team tournaments having rewards-

Lets take two Bladers- Blader A and Blader B.

Now, Blader A could be sucky, but if he was on the same team as Kei, JesseObre, and PockyX3 for example, he might still gain BP/Credits.

Blader B could be awesome, but if all his teammates were terrible, he could lose BP/not gain credits.

Therefore, the good blader does worse than the bad blader, just because of who was on his team.

I think that is why there would need to be some trials of this before anything is set in stone.
Also, no matter what kind of team it is, the members of the team are always going to have different skill levels. Back in the Plastic Generation, my younger brother bladed with me all the time, and while he was not as good as me, if there would have ever been an opportunity to have a team tournament, he would have been on my team. For me, a team tournament would be something fun where you can really enjoy Blading with your friends.

That is where picking your team really comes into play. If this supposed "all star" team of Kei, JesseObre, and PockyX3 were dumb enough to pick Blader A, knowing he does not have skills, then that would be there own fault and risk of losing a match and if they "carried" Blader A to a win, then I guess you could accuse them of trying to build up a non-skilled blader's rank.

Also, if Blader B decides he wants to Blade with a team that possesses no skill, while he/she is really good, then once again that responsibility falls on Blader B, as they would be the ones to choose to team with those bladers.
Honestly, all the issues brought up all go back to the conclusion I have come to that we could only consider Tag Team tournaments, no teams bigger than that.

And no, we cannot really give Beypoints for teams or open a whole new ranking for teams.
(Jul. 02, 2013  12:18 AM)Time Wrote: My format proposal
5 v 5 teams
3/5 matches
Ranked using the same formula as the new beypoints system or not ranked at all

Not an actual tournament, team matches, most communities probably have 3-5 possible teams based on average size of tournaments

Could be done completely for fun (bragging rights) either before or after a regular tournament
Ex: team nighttime (my team) beats team gt (dark_mousy's team who we challenged but don't think it's possible to set up a match)

Or

Could be done for credits in a situation where a team is only allowed to face another team once at a tournament
Ex: every member on a team who participated in the match gets one credit for a victory while the losing team gets nothing

Or
Could be done for a separate beypoints ranking (which would make it the most serious)

What issues does my suggestion without beypoints have?
Even without Beypoints, it remains that there is a possibility that poor players part of a majorly good team end up in the finals and even in the first place but do not deserve it at all. Tournaments are fundamentally not really for 'fun' : their goal is to determine a winner, so we have to ensure that this is done fairly and accurately.
Cough, cough, max on bladebreakers
(Jul. 16, 2013  1:30 PM)Time Wrote: Cough, cough, max on bladebreakers

Exactly, a team of four with a rather weak player.
A team of five including daichi in the series finale, but that's the point of team tournaments to honor what five bladers can do together rather than as individuals.
As was mentioned on the last page, Team Lupus is having a CA team event two days from now. The link is in my sig.
A team of bladers sounds nice so they can practice together and try to dominate the game
That's a really simplistic way of putting it, and I honestly don't think there are any teams that hold practices on the wbo..
Team Hammerbolt does occasionally. Team tournaments woud really hive a use to all these teams on the wbo.
speaking of which what happened to all the other CA teams?
Yeah, in all seriousness teams have next to no point without a team tournament ever being implemented.
(Feb. 05, 2011  9:57 PM)othellog Wrote: I think we should have non-team tournaments because it is the skill of one blader that counts. Example, if one of your team member's sucked they would bring you down. Just stick to the normal way of WBO tournaments.

Exactly why there shouldn't be team tag tournaments. One blader may know that Kreis Cygnus 145WD is a good bey, but another may think that Torch Gemios T125SF can beat it and is the greatest bey that has evr been created. Speaking of that, bladers like me who buy Hasbro beys, [/b]DO NOT read what Hasbro has to say, because then it going to make you think that each part to the bey is good. All in all, no tag team tournaments.
OR you could just have a regular tournament, same formula for points, and just say whoever has the most people in the finals pr best record over all?
It would be a creative way to do a tournament and a more innovating way to commence team strategy and having more people win prizesSmile

(Jul. 27, 2013  2:38 AM)DrPepsidew Wrote: OR you could just have a regular tournament, same formula for points, and just say whoever has the most people in the finals pr best record over all?
what do you mean dragooon noobs?
Maybe we could do a Synchrome tournament were to people team up and made a synchrome bey. (Teams of Two)
(Dec. 01, 2013  11:42 PM)Shadowgaze Wrote: Maybe we could do a Synchrome tournament were to people team up and made a synchrome bey. (Teams of Two)

Haha, that is pretty cool. It'd just be one person battling though. You really could go ahead and do this at a tournament as long as all the participants agreed to it.
I think there should be tag team tournaments. When there is one team left the team members fight each other!
(Dec. 01, 2013  11:57 PM)MinecraftAdict Wrote: I think there should be tag team tournaments. When there is one team left the team members fight each other!

Thats True !
(Jul. 02, 2013  3:06 AM)Kai-V Wrote: Honestly, all the issues brought up all go back to the conclusion I have come to that we could only consider Tag Team tournaments, no teams bigger than that.

And no, we cannot really give Beypoints for teams or open a whole new ranking for teams.

I like the sound. Of An brand new ranking and An no style of battle this will be something. I anticipate. To see 2014 New year New stuff.