Do you think the WBO should hold team tournaments?

Poll: Do you think we should have a WBO tournament with teams

Yes, there should be a tournament with teams
84.07%
No, we should not have a tournament with teams
5.21%
Maybe
10.73%
Total: 100% 634 vote(s)
Alas, tag teams tournaments would be very fun if I could control where my bey moved like in the show, other wise they move on their own, it could beat your partner too. Besides, relying on someones help sucks, im solo.
(Feb. 23, 2013  7:02 PM)diblee123 Wrote: Alas, tag teams tournaments would be very fun if I could control where my bey moved like in the show, other wise they move on their own, it could beat your partner too. Besides, relying on someones help sucks, im solo.

Um ... this wouldn't be 4 people at once I don't think , not a big enough arena for fairness .
It'd be more like 1 member of each team in different groups probably ...
(Feb. 23, 2013  7:04 PM)Luck Wrote:
(Feb. 23, 2013  7:02 PM)diblee123 Wrote: Alas, tag teams tournaments would be very fun if I could control where my bey moved like in the show, other wise they move on their own, it could beat your partner too. Besides, relying on someones help sucks, im solo.

Um ... this wouldn't be 4 people at once I don't think , not a big enough arena for fairness .
It'd be more like 1 member of each team in different groups probably ...

Oh, but it still might means you rely on others to win, and someone could have a great team, but suck themselves, and win only because of their teammates. And others might have different opinions, but mine is that team matches should not happen. Another scenario is your a great blader but your teammates are not. You wold lose just because of them. I dont know about u, but I am staying solo.
Well that's the teams fault for letting them in. And just make them the sub.
The purpose of a tournament is to find out whos the best, right? Than if you let some carp blader win, whats the point? Win cheaply?
nope,
the beys will all attack each other partner or not
It won't be everyone at once...one team member will go at a time.
oh well then then i say yes
too bad i voted no already otherwise i would of changed it
I think WBO should also work on team tournaments as from the first season beyblade has been about team blading and the team members helping each other out...team tournaments would also intensify the real action of the sport...if you are still not convinced about the idea of a team tournament...i suggest that you could arrange a demo tournament at my country...if a good number shows up you can consider it as a good idea and if a good number does not show up...you get the idea
We should do team tornements to see what team is superior over all
As in 4 beys battling at once, or everyone playing for their team instead of individually? Either way, I think it's an interesting idea...maybe as an alternative, but I think most people would prefer battling solo.
I think maybe having team tournaments could be a side thingy to a regular tournament. It would be lot's of fun!
Totally you could team up with your friend and it would be drastically different from a normal battle because 4 beyblades would be battling at the same time! it would be especially good in a zero g because it would have insane tilting and swaying from the 4 beys, especially if there all attack types!!!!
It would also be cool to have another north american championship in a few years, for a team tournament.
(Jul. 01, 2013  10:44 PM)nupmuk Wrote: Totally you could team up with your friend and it would be drastically different from a normal battle because 4 beyblades would be battling at the same time! it would be especially good in a zero g because it would have insane tilting and swaying from the 4 beys, especially if there all attack types!!!!
That's not what this would be. Read through the thread.
And more than two beyblades would be disastrous. How would beypoints work? Plus there would be a higher percentage of breakages, whether its the bey, stadium, or someone's skin.
I am still of the opinion that if implemented team tournaments should not involve beypoints for the individuals, but rather there should be a separate ranking for teams or they should not be ranked at all.
That's a good idea, in my opinion.
Though making a whole other ranking system is no easy task.
Interesting.

It could be similar to the ranking system that is used on GameBattles.

There is one for teams and one for individuals, however, I am not sure how they award the points.
How I THINK it works, is if a team wins, the team gets x number of points in the team ranking system, and then depending on each players stats in the game, each player receives y number of points in the solo ranking system.

I would love doing a team tournament. Obviously it would be a blader from each team battling, not 2v2. It's just the fact that there probably would not be enough teams to have a good sized bracket for a tournament. It would be such a blast though if it could ever be pulled off.
Couldnt the bladers individual points just go straight to the regular rankings but the whole team get points also?
i do like the team ranking idea but i feel we should just stick with an individual point gain system im sure it would be annoying to make a whole other system maybe in stead we can keep track of who won on the teams thread as a tally or better yep have a separate thread to tally up which team is winning instead of making a system and also as an alternative to try bringing multiple teams for a tourny we could have two teams bring at-least 10-12 members each and have them battle it out and see who wins i know its not like the show but it can work
My format proposal
5 v 5 teams
3/5 matches
Ranked using the same formula as the new beypoints system or not ranked at all

Not an actual tournament, team matches, most communities probably have 3-5 possible teams based on average size of tournaments

Could be done completely for fun (bragging rights) either before or after a regular tournament
Ex: team nighttime (my team) beats team gt (dark_mousy's team who we challenged but don't think it's possible to set up a match)

Or

Could be done for credits in a situation where a team is only allowed to face another team once at a tournament
Ex: every member on a team who participated in the match gets one credit for a victory while the losing team gets nothing

Or
Could be done for a separate beypoints ranking (which would make it the most serious)
(Feb. 16, 2013  6:43 PM)Ultramarine Wrote: No, you don't need five members, you could do teams of three. They would each fight one round then choose two Bladers to fight the next to (if needed). Then only 24 people would be needed. And if the people knew you needed teams of three, it really wouldn't be hard to get all of them. Most teams on here have more than three members.
i think this is a good idea 24 members 3 on 3 which would be a 4 team tournament if each team sends 6 members to battle but it would be wise to start these tournaments as side tourny like my team is doing on the side of are California calamity tournament
Actually if each member sends 3 members there'd be 8 teams, that would be funner with more people.
if that many teams can gather with ease like that then it could work