Ban on Disc 12?

Decision has been posted: https://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-WBO-Org...estriction

Thanks to everyone for your feedback, and to Frostic Fox for posting about this!

Please feel free to continue posting feedback here if you experiment with the 12 Core Disk while not using a Frame.
(Mar. 30, 2018  2:31 AM)Kei Wrote: Decision has been posted: https://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-WBO-Org...estriction

Thanks to everyone for your feedback, and to Frostic Fox for posting about this!

Please feel free to continue posting feedback here if you experiment with the 12 Core Disk while not using a Frame.

Alright, awesome! To know that others can be better aware of this issue and that there is something in place to protect others' beys...I'm happy. Smile
i’m glad we have an agile governing body that can step in and protect the players.

—-

but i must say, assuming 12 is so ridiculously poorly designed (which i do), i cant help but feel a little worried about the potential lack of testing on the whole super-z line so far...

not for damage to beys, but just for balance and general design as part of a system.

i love the look of super-z, and I admit my expectations were very high, but i am underwhelmed by the line so far in terms of performance.

so i wonder if this issue with 12 being poorly designed indirectly represents a larger failing for the current super-z?
I wouldn’t be surprised. This isn’t the first time Takara Tomy has practiced poor quality control - the first Valkyrie release had teeth that wore within 10 or 20 uses & V2 is known for having wings that are extremely easy to break. Hopefully TT will listen to their audience & work to prevent quality issues such as this with the Z series in the future.
(Mar. 30, 2018  10:52 PM)The Supreme One Wrote: I wouldn’t be surprised. This isn’t the first time Takara Tomy has practiced poor quality control - the first Valkyrie release had teeth that wore within 10 or 20 uses & V2 is known for having wings that are extremely easy to break. Hopefully TT will listen to their audience & work to prevent quality issues such as this with the Z series in the future.

ok, the examples you listed are indeed quality issues.  i guess the issue with 12 could just be seen as a quality issue as well.  it’s possible it just seems worse to me because it potentially threatens your entire burst collection, at least initially.  either way, that’s a good point.  i do remember the valkyrie issue.
I don't know if this one is a quality issue so much as it is a massive oversight that pairing it with a taller Driver could cause issues with damaging parts ... and also if you put 12 on something like Valkyrie, it seems like it would be vicious hahaha.

In terms of quality issues like the ones mentioned above, the good thing is that for the most part TT has rectified them as time has gone on (like producing new stronger molds of V2).
(Mar. 31, 2018  3:46 AM)Kei Wrote: I don't know if this one is a quality issue so much as it is a massive oversight that pairing it with a taller Driver could cause issues with damaging parts ... and also if you put 12 on something like Valkyrie, it seems like it would be vicious hahaha.

In terms of quality issues like the ones mentioned above, the good thing is that for the most part TT has rectified them as time has gone on (like producing new stronger molds of V2).

The fact that 12 is sharp and every single wV 12 disk will be sharp is terrifying.
Hey @[Kei] I got my new God Customize Set today and I wanted to make a correction.

The 2nd mark I showed does appear to be a factory/mold mark. My new Fafnir has a very similar mark in the exact same spot.

So I retract my claim of 12 causing that mark, but I still hold to the one regarding the damage to the rubber. I just want to be as honest about this as possible.
I would never want someone to use 12 against me I would be scared
But aren't they going to recreate it?
(Apr. 25, 2018  9:24 AM)g2_ Wrote: But aren't they going to recreate it?

Hopefully, but until then, the WBO ruling is that you must have a frame on 12 to prevent damage to other Beyblades. You can read more about it here.

But there hasn't been a good use found for 12 anyway, so it's not important.
Probably the scariest combo you could create with 12 would be Blast Jinnius 12 (some tall driver)

The way that Blast Jinnius's layer raises up, exposing even more of the disk... oof it make me wince just thinking about it!
(Apr. 26, 2018  5:12 AM)Frostic Fox Wrote:
(Apr. 25, 2018  9:24 AM)g2_ Wrote: But aren't they going to recreate it?

Hopefully, but until then, the WBO ruling is that you must have a frame on 12 to prevent damage to other Beyblades. You can read more about it here.

But there hasn't been a good use found for 12 anyway, so it's not important.

Yeah but I like to use the stock combo for my fan battles.
I think they fixed the disc on Hell Salamander, look at it, no spikes.
https://imgur.com/a/lxmalSK
(May. 14, 2018  10:34 PM)g2_ Wrote: I think they fixed the disc, look at it. No spikes.

Too hard to tell from the case, I think. I think we'll know once we see one of the TT videos where they show everything close up. Or if it comes to it, when we start buying them and seeing them in person. That would be the for-sure way to know.
(May. 14, 2018  10:39 PM)Frostic Fox Wrote:
(May. 14, 2018  10:34 PM)g2_ Wrote: I think they fixed the disc, look at it. No spikes.

Too hard to tell from the case, I think. I think we'll know once we see one of the TT videos where they show everything close up. Or if it comes to it, when we start buying them and seeing them in person. That would be the for-sure way to know.

Yeah true.
You should not ban it it is a good disc people just have to find out how to counter it no banning disc twelve
(May. 26, 2018  1:11 AM)The beywalker Wrote: You should not ban it it is a good disc people just have to find out how to counter it no banning disc twelve

It's not a good disk at all, it's pretty terrible actually. The problem is, the blades on it are so sharp it damages Layers that come into contact with it, and there's nothing stopping a jerk from using in a tournament just to damage and ruin someone else's Beyblade
(May. 26, 2018  1:19 AM)MonoDragon Wrote:
(May. 26, 2018  1:11 AM)The beywalker Wrote: You should not ban it it is a good disc people just have to find out how to counter it no banning disc twelve

It's not a good disk at all, it's pretty terrible actually. The problem is, the blades on it are so sharp it damages Layers that come into contact with it, and there's nothing stopping a jerk from using in a tournament just to damage and ruin someone else's Beyblade
I think it's fair to put a ban to it cuz it's also really useless. Also, one of my friends have wV and the other got a brand new eF yesterday. When they unboxed wV they did a few battles with twelve on the beys they don't care about (fakes), and the FAKES did fine... But when my other friend got his eF on the first day he was eager on battling wV with 12. I tried to warn him but he said that it's fine because the fakes stood to it. But when they had a battle a chunk of black flew around the stadium which was the size of a grain of rice and we realized that it's from eF's Layer... Also when YTers show examples of beyblades chiping they always show a Forneus... Is there a mold issue with this?

Tell me if any other eF chips off so I know this is a common issue for sure...

Did you not read how it damages other Beyblades? How do you "counter" that?

Decision was made. You can't use 12 without a frame to cover the sharp points. Thank goodness!

12 is an awful design. Competitive uselessness aside, I will never forget the permanent damage it did to my first and favorite layer. Only took like 5 minutes. And I started this thread to help raise awareness and prevent the same from happening to anybody else.
Hasbro will fix this cuz they have time to do so... So what I say is Ban it or let it be with a frame then after Hasbro release it, ban the TT version and then only keep the Hasbro one...
(May. 26, 2018  3:20 PM)ThePheonix Wrote: Hasbro will fix this cuz they have time to do so... So what I say is Ban it or let it be with a frame then after Hasbro release it, ban the TT version and then only keep the Hasbro one...
If you ask me, Hasbro is unpredictable.. It wouldn't take them time to mess it up too.. But the only problem wIth TT 's version which is causing problems is that it damages other beyblades and using a frame on it is already a solution. So i dont see the point of banning it.. And as you have already mentioned, 12 has no potential and is already outclassed and competitive bladers will not use it, so why ban something which has a minimum chance of using or why to ban it when the problem has already been countered?
I have disc 12, and all I do is put a god layer over it, such as Vortex from V3, it makes it a lot better and doesn't damage them
It really depends on if Hasbro is up to the challenge. They could just throw in a different disc. I just hope they're not blind and just release a regular 12 because they "didn't know", but I haven't heard that 12 was fixed with Salamander, so TT didn't pay attention.

(May. 26, 2018  4:20 PM)SuperVin123 Wrote: I have disc 12, and all I do is put a god layer over it, such as Vortex from V3, it makes it a lot better and doesn't damage them

Most seem to agree that Winning Valkyrie's tip making it taller makes for a higher chance of disc-to-layer contact, which is where the damage happens (on the other bey's layer). And why it happens so quickly and easily.

I would not be surprised if using it with God Layers and/or "regular" size drivers lessens the chance. But I still wouldn't be comfortable battling someone using it bare because the chance isn't eliminated, unlike the frame solution. It just has a lesser chance.

Ultimately, unless someone can actually prove a person can make 12 stab-free with certain other combinations, I see no reason to allow it bare.
(May. 26, 2018  4:14 PM)Suhasini Wrote:
(May. 26, 2018  3:20 PM)ThePheonix Wrote: Hasbro will fix this cuz they have time to do so... So what I say is Ban it or let it be with a frame then after Hasbro release it, ban the TT version and then only keep the Hasbro one...
If you ask me, Hasbro is unpredictable.. It wouldn't take them time to mess it up too.. But the only problem wIth TT 's version which is causing problems is that it damages other beyblades and using a frame on it is already a solution. So i dont see the point of banning it.. And as you have already mentioned, 12 has no potential and is already outclassed and competitive bladers will not use it, so why ban something which has a minimum chance of using or why to ban it when the problem has already been countered?

But what if I use it on a left spin Bey?