650 Dixon Rd
  Anime North 2017
11:30AM on 05/27/2017
Hosted by
  Kei
Contact Host
Format
Burst

Most official Beyblade Burst gear can be used.

View Rulebook
Type

One Beyblade is prepared and used in each First Stage match.

Read more
Admission
25 cash  

The WBO is a volunteer, fan-run organization.
About the WBO

Submit pics and clips from this event to earn Bits + be featured on our social media pages!

Find Out How

WBO events are public and you may be photographed.
View Photo Policy

@ ANIME NORTH 2017, May 27 – Burst Format
BUY TICKETS HERE
Price listed above is for Child - Saturday Pass

ABOUT BEYBLADE NORTH

Beyblade North 2017 brings a full weekend’s worth of giveaways and high-speed battles, with new activities every single day at Anime North from May 26 – 28! Compete in up to 4 tournaments or play free battles just for fun. Even if you’re new to the game, our expert bladers will give you hands-on training and equipment to battle with.

To play in our events, you will need to purchase a single day or weekend pass for Anime North, which also grants you access to the rest of the convention. Purchase tickets here before they sell out! Weekend passes in particular routinely sell out before the convention.

SATURDAY, MAY 27: BURST FORMAT

Saturday — 10:30 AM to 6 PM
  • Beyblade Burst Tournament: 11:30AM Registration, 12:00PM Start

MAY 26 & 28: ADDITIONAL EVENTS

Our booth will be open for the majority of convention hours across all three days. We'll be running at least one tournament on each day, with the remainder of time dedicated to free play, side events, and training for new and intermediate Bladers.

Friday — 6 to 9 PM Sunday — 10 AM to 3 PM

All BEYBLADE NORTH 2017 events will be hosted in our space at the back of Hall B in the Toronto Congress Centre. Please see the highlighted areas on the maps below:

[Image: uJ2Aia4.jpg]

[Image: BqT0670.jpg]

You can also download the complete Anime North 2017 schedule here. Note: some of the times posted in the official schedule are actually slightly incorrect. Please follow the event times posted in this thread.

GIVEAWAYS – BEYRAFFLE & INSTAGRAM CONTEST (DETAILS COMING SOON)

The fun doesn’t stop with just our tournaments all weekend! Stay tuned for details in the coming months regarding the giveaways and a special Instagram contest we will be running throughout the weekend at BEYBLADE NORTH 2017!

[Image: SdXOFQy.jpg]

Thanks so much to Hasbro for these prizes they've donated for Beyblade North 2017! Come compete with us for your chance to win prizes not only by placing in tournaments, but by entering contests and random giveaways all weekend (throughout Friday, Saturday, and Sunday at all of our events during Anime North), too!

Can't attend Beyblade North? No sweat! We'll be distributing prizes to visiting tournament organizers who can attend, so the Beyblades can be won at tournaments back home.

SIDE NOTES

No Bey? No prob!: Don't have any Beyblades? No problem! We would be happy to lend a Beyblade and launcher to you to use at each of your matches!

Please be aware of your belongings: We'd advise users to please, please look after your stuff. While yes this is a Beyblade tournament and we're not suggesting that any of us would attempt to take each other's stuff it is still happening at a public venue where other people (who may not be so friendly) are going to be present as well. Of course, if you see a personal belonging lying around bring it up any of the judges so we can return it to the right person. Your co-operation is appreciated!

All players must arrive on-time: If you do not arrive at the scheduled start time, you risk being excluded from the tournament. The software we use to run our events–Challonge–does not allow us to add in extra participants once the tournament has started.

If you know in advance that you will be late, please post in this thread or contact someone at the event and depending on the circumstances we can perhaps still include you if we know you will arrive soon.

All questions for this tournament may be asked in this thread!

Not sure what to expect? Check out these videos from our Anime North events last year:

Need-to-Know Information

1. During Registration, Open Your Account Page

Open your account page on your mobile device (if possible) during registration to help us keep things quick.

2. Arrive On Time

You must arrive by the tournament start time to enter. We cannot add new players to an event once it begins. If you're running late, contact the host.

3. Stay Aware of Your Belongings

We do everything possible to ensure a safe environment, but can't be held responsible for lost or stolen goods. Keep your gear close by!

4. The Tournament Will Last At Least a Few Hours

This event is likely to last at least a few hours. If you can't commit to the entire tournament, you're welcome to come watch and play for fun instead!

5. Listen For Your Username To Be Called

Your name will be called when it's time for your next battle. If you need to leave early or take a break, tell a judge. Missing a match could mean disqualification!

6. Players Must Meet Regional Product Age Restrictions

All players in this event must meet the age restrictions on Beyblade products in their region. TAKARA-TOMY recommends Beyblade for ages 6+. Hasbro recommends Beyblade for ages 8+. Players under these ages may only participate with the permission of their parent/guardian.

7. Players Under 18 Must Be Accompanied by a Parent/Guardian

If you are under 18 years old, a parent/guardian must accompany you and be present for the duration of the event.

8. Contests, Raffles, Gambling, Betting, and Selling Are Prohibited

Advertising the sale of any product or service, as well as posting about any contest, raffle, gambling, or betting on this event page and conducting them at the event without approval by Fighting Spirits Inc. staff is prohibited. Please contact the Organized Play team if you require approval.

9. Terms of Service

All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

I'm Toronto bound! I'll be there in 5 hours! If you want to see things from my perspective follow me on Snapchat/Instagram Dark_Mousy

Will anyone be going to pre reg today?
(May. 17, 2017  6:57 AM)Kei Wrote:

Kei's Beyblade Items For Sale
Sales are First Come, First Served, All Prices in Canadian Dollars

Click to View My For Sale List

Just added:
  • Random Booster Vol. 6 (Confirmed 02, 03, 04, 07, 08) x17
  • Drain Fafnir.8.Nt. x5
  • Left Light Launcher x5
  • A few loose unused/new parts from RBV6
I will not be bringing everything to this event. If you want anything, please PM me if you haven't already and I'll be sure to bring it.

Final reminder to let me know if there's anything from my sale list that you'd like me to bring to BEYBLADE NORTH!
If anybody has a long ripcord to sell me, that'd be great, I haven't played in months but I'm hoping to make one of the tourneys this weekend~
Anybody attending this event who has a TAKARA-TOMY Burst Standard Type Stadium, please bring it if you can! The more we have, the better.
Hi, so I tapped both of my launchers to a magic wand so I could launch with a wand but I was wondering, will it be banned?
(May. 27, 2017  12:54 PM)Common Pickle Wrote: Hi, so I tapped both of my launchers to a magic wand so I could launch with a wand but I was wondering, will it be banned?

Hey there! Unfortunately, this is not legal. If you need an extra grip, you would have to use the official Beyblade Burst Launcher Grip or Karabiner Grip. Alternatively, attaching a BeyLogger to your Launcher or using the Sword Launcher are an option too.

You can find a complete list of Burst Format rules here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1kg58...sp=sharing
I'll be there right after 12. Working the exit in the dealers room by cyber city comix
Good luck to everyone today!
http://challonge.com/BEYBLADENORTH2017_Burst

For anyone who wants to follow along.
So someone hopefully accidentally left with the only Beyblade and launcher I brought ('perfect mould' Lost Longinus Gravity Hold with its BeyLauncher), or outright stole them...

If everyone could check whether they or their kids have those in their collection, I would really aporeciate it. At this point, it repulses me from buying or playing Burst even more... And I am very sure that they were still on the table by the time we got to the finals.
Really hope you're able to find the L2 and BeyLaincher L ... Kai-V. Unhappy We had the area it was last seen in pretty well covered for most of the day since we had the prizes and shop set up right there, so I do have to wonder if someone just picked it up by accident thinking it was theirs.

Other than that and the usual new players who drop out mid-tournament at AN ... it was such a great event! Really fascinating to see how the metagame is developing now. More thoughts and coverage forthcoming after this weekend has passed, but for now here is a quick gallery of photos from Day 2 at BEYBLADE NORTH! https://instagram.com/p/BUn-TCEgeY6/

1st: Kei
2nd: Wombat
3rd: Mitsu
4th: BasedSamuraiJ

Canada, the US, and the UK all represented in the top four! Now that's cool.
This event was so much fun. I have a lot of thoughts to post once I get back to the states tomorrow. And shutout to the UK crew for everything! And for coming through my line at AN.
Zankye's footage for our biggest tournament of the weekend:

Seventy minutes of footage squeezed into twenty-five minutes hah.
The official video for BEYBLADE NORTH 2017 - Burst Format is now up on Beyblade Channel! Check it out!

Just posted my (mostly visual haha) report for BEYBLADE NORTH 2017! Check it out: https://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Toronto...NORTH-2017
Results Spreadsheet (Burst): https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1...sp=sharing

Please note, there may be a few battles missing here and there that were voided due to participants who dropped during the tournament.