Toronto Congress Centre – Hall B
650 Dixon Rd
10:00AM on 05/28/2017
Hosted by
  Kei
Contact Host
Format
Metal Fight Limited

A limited amount of official Metal Fight/Fusion gear can be used.

View Rulebook

Type

One Beyblade is prepared and used in each First Stage match.

Read more
Admission
20 cash  

The WBO is a volunteer, fan-run organization.
About the WBO

Submit pics and clips from this event to earn Bits + be featured on our social media pages!

Find Out How

WBO events are public and you may be photographed.
View Photo Policy

@ ANIME NORTH 2017, May 28
Metal Fight Limited (+ Burst Club Format)
BUY TICKETS HERE
Price listed above is for Child - Sunday Pass.
Please hit "Join Tournament" above only if you plan to play in  the Metal Fight Limited Format event. Burst Club Format registration details below.

ABOUT BEYBLADE NORTH

Beyblade North 2017 brings a full weekend’s worth of giveaways and high-speed battles, with new activities every single day at Anime North from May 26 – 28! Compete in up to 4 tournaments or play free battles just for fun. Even if you’re new to the game, our expert bladers will give you hands-on training and equipment to battle with.

To play in our events, you will need to purchase a single day or weekend pass for Anime North, which also grants you access to the rest of the convention. Purchase tickets here before they sell out! Weekend passes in particular routinely sell out before the convention.

SUNDAY, MAY 28: METAL FIGHT/FUSION LIMITED & BURST CLUB FORMAT

Sunday — 10 AM to 3 PM
  • Metal Fight/Fusion Limited Tournament: 10:00AM Registration, 10:30 AM Start
  • Beyblade Burst Club Format Tournaments: 11:00AM Registration, 11:30 AM Start

WHAT IS LIMITED FORMAT?
Metal Fight Limited Format uses standard Metal Fight Format rules with one critical difference: certain parts are banned! Removing parts that are too powerful or heavy allows for a balanced metagame, giving older and lighter parts a chance to shine. Please see the official Metal Fight Format rulebook for more information and the complete ban list.

WHAT IS CLUB FORMAT?
Club Format is an unranked tournament that groups of 4-7 Bladers can participate in. These events can be just as competitive as our regular ranked events with 8+ players, but are much shorter and better suited to newcomers looking to hone their skills. So are you new to Beyblade? Then our Beyblade Burst Club Format events will be a great introduction into competitive play before entering one of our ranked events in the future!

Plus, you have a chance to earn Credits towards physical prizes on the WBO, and exclusive Club Format Bits for your profile!

Learn more about Club Format here.

BURST CLUB FORMAT EVENTS PARTICIPANT CAP
7 Participants Max Each. You cannot play in both the Metal Fight/Fusion Limited tournament and a Club Format event simultaneously. We will run several Burst Club Format events up until 3PM. If there is more than seven players who want to play, we will prioritize allowing new players/members to join, and players who didn't get a chance to enter one yet when starting another one.

MAY 26-27: ADDITIONAL EVENTS

Our booth will be open for the majority of convention hours across all three days. We'll be running at least one tournament on each day, with the remainder of time dedicated to free play, side events, and training for new and intermediate Bladers.

Friday — 6 to 9 PM Saturday — 10:30 AM to 6 PM

All BEYBLADE NORTH 2017 events will be hosted in our space at the back of Hall B in the Toronto Congress Centre. Please see the highlighted areas on the maps below:

[Image: uJ2Aia4.jpg]

[Image: BqT0670.jpg]

You can also download the complete Anime North 2017 schedule here. Note: some of the times posted in the official schedule are actually incorrect. Please follow the event times posted in this thread.

GIVEAWAYS – BEYRAFFLE & INSTAGRAM CONTEST (DETAILS COMING SOON)

The fun doesn’t stop with just our tournaments all weekend! Stay tuned for details in the coming months regarding the giveaways and a special Instagram contest we will be running throughout the weekend at BEYBLADE NORTH 2017!

[Image: SdXOFQy.jpg]

Thanks so much to Hasbro for these prizes they've donated for Beyblade North 2017! Come compete with us for your chance to win prizes not only by placing in tournaments, but by entering contests and random giveaways all weekend (throughout Friday, Saturday, and Sunday at all of our events during Anime North), too!

Can't attend Beyblade North? No sweat! We'll be distributing prizes to visiting tournament organizers who can attend, so the Beyblades can be won at tournaments back home.

SIDE NOTES

No Bey? No prob!: Don't have any Beyblades? No problem! We would be happy to lend a Beyblade and launcher to you to use at each of your matches!

Please be aware of your belongings: We'd advise users to please, please look after your stuff. While yes this is a Beyblade tournament and we're not suggesting that any of us would attempt to take each other's stuff it is still happening at a public venue where other people (who may not be so friendly) are going to be present as well. Of course, if you see a personal belonging lying around bring it up any of the judges so we can return it to the right person. Your co-operation is appreciated!

All players must arrive on-time: If you do not arrive at the scheduled start time, you risk being excluded from the tournament. The software we use to run our events–Challonge–does not allow us to add in extra participants once the tournament has started.

If you know in advance that you will be late, please post in this thread or contact someone at the event and depending on the circumstances we can perhaps still include you if we know you will arrive soon.

All questions for this tournament may be asked in this thread!

Not sure what to expect? Check out these videos from our Anime North events last year:

Need-to-Know Information

1. During Registration, Open Your Account Page

Open your account page on your mobile device (if possible) during registration to help us keep things quick.

2. Arrive On Time

You must arrive by the tournament start time to enter. We cannot add new players to an event once it begins. If you're running late, contact the host.

3. Stay Aware of Your Belongings

We do everything possible to ensure a safe environment, but can't be held responsible for lost or stolen goods. Keep your gear close by!

4. The Tournament Will Last At Least a Few Hours

This event is likely to last at least a few hours. If you can't commit to the entire tournament, you're welcome to come watch and play for fun instead!

5. Listen For Your Username To Be Called

Your name will be called when it's time for your next battle. If you need to leave early or take a break, tell a judge. Missing a match could mean disqualification!

6. Players Must Meet Regional Product Age Restrictions

All players in this event must meet the age restrictions on Beyblade products in their region. TAKARA-TOMY recommends Beyblade for ages 6+. Hasbro recommends Beyblade for ages 8+. Players under these ages may only participate with the permission of their parent/guardian.

7. Players Under 18 Must Be Accompanied by a Parent/Guardian

If you are under 18 years old, a parent/guardian must accompany you and be present for the duration of the event.

8. Contests, Raffles, Gambling, Betting, and Selling Are Prohibited

Advertising the sale of any product or service, as well as posting about any contest, raffle, gambling, or betting on this event page and conducting them at the event without approval by Fighting Spirits Inc. staff is prohibited. Please contact the Organized Play team if you require approval.

9. Terms of Service

All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

so were is the list for what legal parts i can use?
A list of banned parts can be found in our Metal Fight rulebook.
I'll try to come
The official Anime North 2017 schedule has now been posted! Relevant details regarding BEYBLADE NORTH below:

Kei Wrote:

All BEYBLADE NORTH 2017 events will be hosted in our space at the back of Hall B in the Toronto Congress Centre. Please see the highlighted areas on the maps below:

[Image: uJ2Aia4.jpg]

[Image: BqT0670.jpg]

You can also download the complete Anime North 2017 schedule here. Note: some of the times posted in the official schedule are actually incorrect. Please follow the event times posted in this thread.

Kei's Beyblade Items For Sale
Sales are First Come, First Served, All Prices in Canadian Dollars

Click to View My For Sale List

Just added:
  • Random Booster Vol. 6 (Confirmed 02, 03, 04, 07, 08) x17
  • Drain Fafnir.8.Nt. x5
  • Left Light Launcher x5
  • A few loose unused/new parts from RBV6
I will not be bringing everything to this event. If you want anything, please PM me if you haven't already and I'll be sure to bring it.
Hey guys! I have a question. Can I use one part of a 4D system or is that illegal? Thanks!
(May. 21, 2017  1:33 AM)Ardmore Bladers Wrote: Hey guys! I have a question. Can I use one part of a 4D system or is that illegal? Thanks!

It depends what that part is.
Read this to know what's banned: https://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-MFB-Lim...-5-9-20-16
(May. 21, 2017  1:33 AM)Ardmore Bladers Wrote: Hey guys! I have a question. Can I use one part of a 4D system or is that illegal? Thanks!

Better yet, read the Metal Fight Format rule book for the Limited Banlist and all rules related to the format: https://docs.google.com/document/d/18nVK...t-DeHb_yr8
Thanks! I can't wait to come!
Hey guys! Will be selling parts for Limited Format if anybody is interested.
Please check the Google Doc if you see anything you like, and PM me if interested!
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1W8KH...sp=sharing
(May. 22, 2017  5:44 PM)JesseObre Wrote: Hey guys! Will be selling parts for Limited Format if anybody is interested.
Please check the Google Doc if you see anything you like, and PM me if interested!
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1W8KH...ygOK0/edit
You did not make it public and, in the two other topics, you copied the shortened URL with the "..." in the middle, therefore it does not open any real page. I just want to help you get people to see the actual list hah.
(May. 22, 2017  5:53 PM)Kai-V Wrote:
(May. 22, 2017  5:44 PM)JesseObre Wrote: Hey guys! Will be selling parts for Limited Format if anybody is interested.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1W8KH...ygOK0/edit
You did not make it public and, in the two other topics, you copied the shortened URL with the "..." in the middle, therefore it does not open any real page. I just want to help you get people to see the actual list hah.
Thanks Kai-V!
More coverage coming once I have some time to catch my breath after this long (but amazing!) weekend, but for now check out my post from earlier today on the @worldbeyblade Instagram regarding this event today: https://www.instagram.com/p/BUp2otuAEVU/

1st: Kei
2nd: 1234beyblade
3rd: Wombat
4th: ExtremeBlader3

Of all the tournaments that happened this weekend, Limited was the one I didn't prepare for at all and was worried about the most, so I'm quite happy to have been able to pull off the win here! It was quite interesting coming back to Limited for the first time in a while after playing Burst so much lately.
I expected the thread to be a bit more active. You guys don't confirm attendance on the page anymore?

Anyways, I hope you all had fun. First Anime North tournament I didn't technically attend at all (visited in last year's). Great on the Toronto players and WBO staff to keep this event running!
(May. 29, 2017  4:00 AM)Priscient Wrote: I expected the thread to be a bit more active. You guys don't confirm attendance on the page anymore?

Anyways, I hope you all had fun. First Anime North tournament I didn't technically attend at all (visited in last year's). Great on the Toronto players and WBO staff to keep this event running!

We do! When a tournament is upcoming there is a "Join Tournament" button at the top of the page. Click it and you are added to a list of participants automatically. This is hidden when the event date/time has passed to avoid confusion for users viewing the thread later.

We miss you! But you'll be happy to know that your BB-10 was in use today. I even pointed out the "Pockyx3" label to a few people. :)
I wanna thank everybody who came out to the Beyblade Section of Anime North! I really hope everybody had a great time! The staff did the best to please everybody, and we really hope it was enough! Really great to see all of the USA and UK bladers come out, really made my week feel better from that carp other week. Overall, one of my top anime north's in the book, and pictures and vlog soon!
I had a lot of fun this weekend! Getting to meet Bladers from Canada, the U.K., and NC was a blast! Hopefully the Texas crew can head up there again for the next Anime North.

Shoutout to @[Tempest546] for proving that Nothing can work. Tongue_out
(May. 29, 2017  12:29 PM)TrainiacJ Wrote: I had a lot of fun this weekend! Getting to meet Bladers from Canada, the U.K., and NC was a blast! Hopefully the Texas crew can head up there again for the next Anime North.

Shoutout to @[Tempest546] for proving that Nothing can work. Tongue_out

Aww! It was "nothing!"
Just posted my (mostly visual haha) report for BEYBLADE NORTH 2017! Check it out: https://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Toronto...NORTH-2017
Results Spreadsheet (Metal Fight Limited): https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1...sp=sharing

Please note, there may be a few battles missing here and there that were voided due to participants who dropped during the tournament.