(April Fool's!) Limited Format Reboot: Limited Format v2.0

I am in love with this format even if it is a joke. Can we please make this a thing?
are you getting rid of like all the parts here! why are you getting rid of b:d,rf, r2f, and burn, this is crazy! And when you mean infinity, does that mean infinity libra?
committee Wrote:Continuing our stance that F230 is absolutely not a problem in any format...

Oh gosh guys, I hope this was a joke too. Serious
This is sweet!!! However when i first saw this i thought it was a april fools joke too...but it seems like they put a ton of effort into this.
(Apr. 01, 2014  4:44 PM)Kai-V Wrote: Chrome Wheels:
Banned:
All Synchroms
All Chrome Wheels not listed as Legal.
Legal:
Orojya

Crystal Wheels:
Banned:
All Crystal Wheels.

this made me laugh XD

You can use Orjoya, but not in a Synchrom and not with a Crystal Wheel...
HAW DU I BEBLAD
(Apr. 01, 2014  8:37 PM)bladeryBoB66 Wrote: are you getting rid of like all the parts here! why are you getting rid of b:d,rf, r2f, and burn, this is crazy! And when you mean infinity, does that mean infinity libra?

Method to the madness:

It eliminates all of the parts that pose a "threat" giving wheels like Poison a nice chance.
If this was a legit thing, I doubt they'd do things like making it required to use an Orso face with an Orso CW Wink
It's the heaviest Clear Wheel in the format. If you don't limit its usage somehow it'd be too dominant and Orso has never seen any competitive use so it really deserves a chance in some way, and seeing as the face is very unique, I guess that was the option they went with. That is, at least how I understand it, the reason for that particular rule. It makes perfect sense to me, and I still think you're all being very disrespectful to a great format by acting like it's some sort of joke.
(Apr. 01, 2014  8:49 PM)th!nk Wrote: It's the heaviest Clear Wheel in the format. If you don't limit its usage somehow it'd be too dominant and Orso has never seen any competitive use so it really deserves a chance in some way, and seeing as the face is very unique, I guess that was the option they went with. That is, at least how I understand it, the reason for that particular rule. It makes perfect sense to me, and I still think you're all being very disrespectful to a great format by acting like it's some sort of joke.

Coincedence they decided to post it on April 1st? I think not. Even if it is real, they couldn't have not expected these kind of reactions. Notice how No mods have denied it? Tongue_out_wink
They are probably just busy - Ingulit posted his support for the format and has updated threads appropriately. I do not know what more you could want.

As for expecting these kinds of reactions, I would assume that is why the explanations section is there, no? I think you need to sit down and play some Limited Format V2.0 for yourself, just come to grips with it as a format, and then see if you think it's a joke.
YESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYES

I 100% agree with this! Pure genius, I would say. Eliminates any possible skill necessary, making even the noobiest of noobs competitive!
i don't mean to attack the limited format but i think it's a little unfair cuz if you don't have any of those parts you cant participate.
(Apr. 01, 2014  9:23 PM)Hyper blader Wrote: i don't mean to attack the limited format but i think it's a little unfair cuz if you don't have any of those parts you cant participate.

I get what your saying about the MF-F situation, how it would make it harder to get participants for tournaments since not everybody will have Metal Faces at all.
Regular and Metal faces are the most overused parts through the entirety of MFB's history. It might be a tough rule but come on, you cannot claim that they do not deserve a ban from a format focussed on giving less-used parts a shot.
No, No, No, No. I'm definatly not saying that metal faces deserve an Unban. Just saying it's be harder to get participants if you could only use MF-F's with the exception of Orso faces.
I don't own an Orso face and I'm willing to take responsibility for making such awful purchasing decisions.

Others should be too.
This is a revolution, seriously. This is probably the best format out there now, better than the previous Limited by far. Doing testing right now, completely agree that F230 is terrible.
Limited Format was far to overpowering in some spots, I'm extremely happy to see this 2.0 release! Grin
Ah, what a coincidence. Having this being posted on April 1st.

Anyways, If this isn't a joke, this kind of ruined Limited Format for me. I feel like it doesn't have too much competitive use, and also makes the format lots harder. It's not really worth going to GBT2's main event, knowing that all these parts are banned.
(Apr. 01, 2014  10:39 PM)Midnìght Wrote: Ah, what a coincidence. Having this being posted on April 1st.

Anyways, If this isn't a joke, this kind of ruined Limited Format for me. I feel like it doesn't have too much competitive use, and also makes the format lots harder. It's not really worth going to GBT2's main event, knowing that all these parts are banned.

Harder just means more skill.

The format says "Do you have what it takes, Midnight?"

Don't disappoint it.
Damn proud to finally see the true goal of Limited being revealed!

I'll fly, drive, swim if I have to to get to AN to participate in the true, best version of Limited Format. Smile
Totally pumped about this new hand spinning concept. Seeing as Beyblade is the only sport I partake in year-round, I can't wait to get in that extra wrist exercise. Thank you so much for this new physically demanding aspect, Kai-V. Limited 2.0 is all I've ever wanted.
Guise... don't you realize we can't ban launchers? If everyone had to handspin their Bleyblades everything would be dual spin. So would the free spinning Orojya, especially when used with F230ES.

In order to stop Orojya from being too broken, I say we reintroduce Gravity, Perseus, and TH170. That way we can use Gravity Perseus TH170HF/S (which could already spin both directions) to balance the format and promote a healthy metagame Smile #LongLiveMLMPPCRTTH

Yes, a few of you realised it, but: Happy April Fools' Day!

(Apr. 01, 2014  4:44 PM)Kai-V Wrote:
Legality Explanations v1.0 Wrote:Aries (Metal System): Aries is a reasonably heavy wheel, especially the premium returns version, however it has seen little testing showing it to be a threat, so while it will be watched closely, we have decided to leave it in Limited 2.0 for the time being.

Pisces (Metal System): Pisces, much like Aries, is a wheel on which we lack data, and it is not necessarily so heavy that it will present a problem. We strongly encourage users to test it but for the time being we have decided that it should remain legal in Limited 2.0.

Rock: While some have claimed it has use as a Tornado Stalling wheel, Rock has a long history of being derided as a useless or otherwise mediocre part. As such, we have opted to include it despite its relatively heavy weight.

Inferno: Again, some have indicated that Inferno is of similar or greater efficacy to Sagittario, a wheel which is a focal point of Limited 2.0 based on its status as a wheel used a somewhat of a joke by well known members in otherwise serious tournaments. Informal testing showed it does not appear to be a significant threat, however if it does turns out to overshadow our beloved Sagittario, the community has our word that Inferno will be quickly dealt with.

L Drago: A wheel that has seen some popularity in the past, L Drago has been included simply to make sure we still kept a Left-Spin wheel in Limited 2.0, as we as a committee decided differing spin directions were a vital element of Beyblade play, and L Drago was the least threatening option available due to its extremely light weight and the format's lack of metal faces with which it could compensate for this.

F230: Continuing our stance that F230 is absolutely not a problem in any format, we have opted to allow Zero-G's favourite track in Limited 2.0, where the lightweight L Drago is the only Left Spin Wheel.

Orojya: While we have generally not allowed any Zero-G Wheels in Limited 2.0 due to the fact they are too new and thus likely to overshadow wheels like Poison simply through wider availability from Hasbro, we decided to make an exception to Orojya based on the similarity of its design to Poison Serpent, the symbol of Limited 2.0. However, to make sure it does not overshadow Poison, we have banned all Crystal Wheels (as well as carrying over the Synchrom Ban from the original, failed incarnation of Limited Format), which should reduce the chance of it overshadowing the wheels Limited 2.0 is focused on to reasonable levels.

Orso: Our first Clear Wheel entry in this list, Orso is by far (~0.5g on all but one Clear Wheel) the heaviest Clear Wheel in Limited Format, thanks to the ban of nearly every other clear wheel over the weight of 2.8g. Orso has remained legal due to the fact we agreed that the face it comes with is particularly cool. Orso must therefore be used with the Orso face, which must also be in good condition.

Leone: Leone is perhaps the heaviest Wheel in Limited 2.0, and many of us had doubts about it. However one particular user who refused to mind their own business about the process (who will remain unnamed) insisted it was absolutely necessary for "proper gameplay balance in a tournament situation" and after hours of debate (resulting in the delay of this announcement), we eventually grew tired of arguing and decided that Leone would remain legal, but with the condition that it must be hand spun rather than launched.

Serpent: Serpent is the other Clear Wheel that has remained Legal despite being over the 2.8g Weight Limit imposed on that category of parts. This is quite simply a matter of the Format's new image, as Serpent was released alongside the Format's Central Wheel, Poison.

I must give all the credit to th!nk though, who thought of the idea and wrote that whole post. It would have been quite something, but do not worry : keep your current parts, you are OK hah !
But it would've been soooooo funnnnnnn