[Anime Festival Orlando, FL] Florida's Revival 7/30/16

on
Format

Type

One Beyblade is prepared and used in each First Stage match.

Read more
Admission
cash  

The WBO is a volunteer, fan-run organization.
About the WBO

Submit pics and clips from this event to earn Bits + be featured on our social media pages!

Find Out How

WBO events are public and you may be photographed.
View Photo Policy

[Image: 2nu80tl.jpg]
Attention all Florida bladers... the wait is finally over!
On July 30th, Florida will have its first WBO tournament in years at Anime Festival Orlando!

Host: The Supreme One
Date: July 30th 5:00pm-10:00pm
Format: Standard and Burst Format
Wyndham Orlando Resort
8001 International Drive Orlando, FL 32819

Fees: Because this is a convention event, there will be no $5 participation fee (!!!). However, a blader passport may be purchased for only $15, waiving future tournament fees for one year. Cash only please! Weekend-long convention passes can be purchase online for $55. Passes for Saturday-only are $45 and can be purchased the day of.
Prizes:
Fang Leone Burning Claw Ver.
Odin Central Blow
Berserker Begirados.

Top three players get their choice of one with priority given according to placing.
A Takara Tomy Omega Dragonis will be awarded to the tournament's MVP!

Facebook Event Link (please confirm here if you plan on attending)

Additional Information: While it would be appreciated if each player brought his or her own parts, feel free to let me know in advance if you won't have any on hand and I will supply additional Beyblades and launchers where needed. Any bladers caught using parts that have not been manufactured by Hasbro, Sonokong, or Takara Tomy or fail to otherwise follow official WBO ruling will be warned and given a replacement Beyblade at the host's discretion if they fail to procure a suitable alternative.

Visit Anime Festival Orlando's official website for more information!

Confirmed players:
TSO
didannl
Zachbob + 1
Switchblayder
Brisk AquarioHD
Beybladewisher
Xenoblader16

Possibles:
StormPyxis
Dragonstrike20
TanithElite
Stormshadow
Potato Master
Raiyanblader

While we're still working to get a minimum of 7-8 confirmed players, we've been given the 'ok' to post the event thread in advance as a special exception due to the fact that the tournament has been approved by the AFO staff and we will be playing regardless of whether or not we can make it official. That being said, we still need a few more players to commit as soon as possible! Please post in this thread if you think you might be able to make it, and if you would be interested in attending a small side event and dinner Friday night Smile

Live in or around Jacksonville? Let me know and I may be able to give you a ride!

Need-to-Know Information

1. During Registration, Open Your Account Page

Open your account page on your mobile device (if possible) during registration to help us keep things quick.

2. Arrive On Time

You must arrive by the tournament start time to enter. We cannot add new players to an event once it begins. If you're running late, contact the host.

3. Stay Aware of Your Belongings

We do everything possible to ensure a safe environment, but can't be held responsible for lost or stolen goods. Keep your gear close by!

4. The Tournament Will Last At Least a Few Hours

This event is likely to last at least a few hours. If you can't commit to the entire tournament, you're welcome to come watch and play for fun instead!

5. Listen For Your Username To Be Called

Your name will be called when it's time for your next battle. If you need to leave early or take a break, tell a judge. Missing a match could mean disqualification!

6. Players Must Meet Regional Product Age Restrictions

All players in this event must meet the age restrictions on Beyblade products in their region. TAKARA-TOMY recommends Beyblade for ages 6+. Hasbro recommends Beyblade for ages 8+. Players under these ages may only participate with the permission of their parent/guardian.

7. Players Under 18 Must Be Accompanied by a Parent/Guardian

If you are under 18 years old, a parent/guardian must accompany you and be present for the duration of the event.

8. Contests, Raffles, Gambling, Betting, and Selling Are Prohibited

Advertising the sale of any product or service, as well as posting about any contest, raffle, gambling, or betting on this event page and conducting them at the event without approval by Fighting Spirits Inc. staff is prohibited. Please contact the Organized Play team if you require approval.

9. Terms of Service

All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

(Jul. 30, 2016  12:36 AM)icLeodPegasus Wrote: Did anyone have to buy tickets to AFO(Anime Festival Orlando) in order to compete in the competition?

TSO bought her ticket already. You do need to purchase a ticket to AFO in order to enter the convention center and participate in the tournament. Tickets are available inside as well. (I'm buying it indoors tomorrow lol)
Only 14 hours until the tournament! While it's a little late over here, I just want to give you all a quick update before the big day.

As I've mentioned before, the tournament will be held in the tabletop gaming room, which is towards the end of the hallway if you enter the building from its side entrance (where the large parking lot is). The convention is a decent size, but the tabletop tournaments today had some trouble attracting players, possibly due to the fact that the room's events weren't printed in the paper schedule. While I can't predict our turnout at this point, we do have a few committed players and will be running 1-2 tournaments regardless of whether or not we hit the magic 7/8. Looking forward to a fun day and hopefully getting a few recruits for future events Smile If you're on the fence about coming, I strongly urge that you consider attending—I've had a great time so far and I hope you all will too!

My friend and I will also be attending the Pokemon Go meetup and some late night panels afterwards (as well as a few panels throughout the day), so feel free to join us if you're interested in something and don't want to go alone!
(Jul. 30, 2016  8:18 AM)The Supreme One Wrote: Only 14 hours until the tournament! While it's a little late over here, I just want to give you all a quick update before the big day.

As I've mentioned before, the tournament will be held in the tabletop gaming room, which is towards the end of the hallway if you enter the building from its side entrance (where the large parking lot is). The convention is a decent size, but the tabletop tournaments today had some trouble attracting players, possibly due to the fact that the room's events weren't printed in the paper schedule. While I can't predict our turnout at this point, we do have a few committed players and will be running 1-2 tournaments regardless of whether or not we hit the magic 7/8. Looking forward to a fun day and hopefully getting a few recruits for future events Smile If you're on the fence about coming, I strongly urge that you consider attending—I've had a great time so far and I hope you all will too!

My friend and I will also be attending the Pokemon Go meetup and some late night panels afterwards (as well as a few panels throughout the day), so feel free to join us if you're interested in something and don't want to go alone!

I'm so excited! I'll probably be shy lmao when I get there but probably not. As for Pokemon Go, oh my God, yes. xD If it's afterwards the tournament, that's great! I'll be arriving before 5, around 2-3. I can stay for a while to reorganize and maybe register.

Oh also, I'll be bringing my camera for footage. Will someone else be filming or?
Sounds great! I'll be in the tabletop room by 4:40 or so to get set up Smile As for filming, I don't plan on it since I don't expect it to be a very large event, but if you want to shoot parts of the tournament, you should be able as long as no one there minds.
(Jul. 30, 2016  2:12 PM)The Supreme One Wrote: Sounds great! I'll be in the tabletop room by 4:40 or so to get set up Smile As for filming, I don't plan on it since I don't expect it to be a very large event, but if you want to shoot parts of the tournament, you should be able as long as no one there minds.

Oh ok great! And I'll keep that in mind as well. Thanks! See you soon. :'D

I'm also bringing in 2 BB-10s and 2 Burst stadiums.
I'll be arriving around 4:20-30. I might be late, just letting you know.

Also,

The address that's provided for AFO apparently links to some resort near the convention center I believe where the tournament's being held at.

[Image: 20160730_133632.png]

I hope that's the convention center. :\
Good luck with this tonight, everyone! @[The Supreme One], feel free to send any pictures or videos our way as well and we could perhaps post on the WBO Instagram and other social media platforms as well. Smile
I would like to shout out a special thanks to The Supreme One, Xenoblader16, and Brisk AquarioHD for a great time at my first WBO tournament!???

Sorry about the question marks, I was typing to fast

Best day ever
Kei Thank you! The tournament was a huge success! The results should be available soon, once I have the opportunity to copy everything to the template and get winning combos. Our placers were Brisk AquarioHD in first, me in second, and Xenoblader16 in third! Thank you to everyone who came out and showed support, especially those who came to the con specifically for the event. Tournament report will be up momentarily.

(Jul. 31, 2016  12:13 AM)icLeodPegasus Wrote: I would like to shout out a special thanks to The Supreme One, Xenoblader16, and Brisk AquarioHD for a great time at my first WBO tournament!???

Sorry about the question marks, I was typing to fast

Best day ever
Thanks for coming! I'm glad you had fun Smile Hope to see you at future tournaments!
YES BRISKY

I am happy the event went well! Great to see a successful event a fair sized convention. Thanks for the initiative, TSO, for getting this event to happen Smile I hope some new members were attracted, and that Orlando can host some future events!
Ok great and my brother and I were happy to support the WBO today and we hope to join everyone again soon. Everyone was so generous, kind, and trusting enough to let us borrow some other equipment and we really appreciate it and we're trying to update some of our beys and attempting to purchase some new ones and make some awesome fusions and Ragnaruk is so hyped for the next tournament and especially the burst format. And he says thanks to everyone for some "EPIC BATTLES". We hope to see everyone soon. Bye???.
This tournament was amazing! Just hearing everyone yell throughout matches and the deadly suspense just made it amazing! Seeing other people Beyblade and learn about it was a great experience. So many people participated in the beginning and that gave it a big headstart! A big thanks to @[The Supreme One] for hosting this and truly reviving Florida of Beyblade. :') Also, amazing battles! Great combos as well! It was a huge honor to battle you. :'D @[icLeodPegasus], you guys did amazing! Just keep Beyblading and check out threads for making combos, etc to expand your Beyblade knowledge. :'D
@[Xenoblader16] You did amazing and went far throughout the tournament! Joyful_3 I can't wait to someday battle you again! Grin

As for videos and pictures, I will soon post them! Until then, I can't wait for the next tournament! >:3
A few pictures I took prior to the tournament Smile I was too preoccupied to record much else, but Brisk Aquario might have more.
(Jul. 31, 2016  3:42 AM)The Supreme One Wrote: A few pictures I took prior to the tournament Smile I was too preoccupied to record much else, but Brisk Aquario might have more.

Awesome pics! Joyful_3
Here are pics my mom took haha. xD The video will be up soon!

[Image: image1%2B%25283%2529.JPG]

[Image: image2%2B%25283%2529.JPG]

[Image: IMG_6249.JPG]

Wish I could've took more pictures of battles though. ;A; But I think those will suffice.
I'm so jelly I couldn't make it to the con today Unhappy maybe next year
(Jul. 31, 2016  7:04 AM)XYZ-Jaden Wrote: I'm so jelly I couldn't make it to the con today Unhappy maybe next year

Unhappy Please do come next time! TSO might even host more in the near future, not just next year.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3f3GhtMYdYU

Video's up!
Sorry about this but RedhayneRagnaruk accidentally took someone's launcher by mistake and I believe it belongs to Xenoblader16
(Jul. 31, 2016  7:25 PM)icLeodPegasus Wrote: Sorry about this but RedhayneRagnaruk accidentally took someone's launcher by mistake and I believe it belongs to Xenoblader16

Oh, what launcher was it?
Maybe you could ship it to him or something? :'o
Awesome to hear this was a success Smile Looks like a ton of fun. Thanks to everyone who came!
Hey guys! Here are the results from last month's tournament.
Feel free to contact me if you have any questions or concerns regarding the information recorded Smile
The results all look good, but what is up with the redhayneragnaruk account? Did you take his email address, does anybody know him and could give it to us?
(Aug. 15, 2016  12:13 AM)Kai-V Wrote: The results all look good, but what is up with the redhayneragnaruk account? Did you take his email address, does anybody know him and could give it to us?

I believe he is @[icLeodPegasus]' brother. I can ask icLeodPegasus for his brother's email.

(Aug. 15, 2016  12:13 AM)Kai-V Wrote: The results all look good, but what is up with the redhayneragnaruk account? Did you take his email address, does anybody know him and could give it to us?

Just messaged icLeodPegasus. Smile
Cool, thank you for doing it.