[Anime Festival Orlando, FL] Florida's Revival 7/30/16

on
Format

Type

One Beyblade is prepared and used in each First Stage match.

Read more
Admission
cash  

The WBO is a volunteer, fan-run organization.
About the WBO

Submit pics and clips from this event to earn Bits + be featured on our social media pages!

Find Out How

WBO events are public and you may be photographed.
View Photo Policy

[Image: 2nu80tl.jpg]
Attention all Florida bladers... the wait is finally over!
On July 30th, Florida will have its first WBO tournament in years at Anime Festival Orlando!

Host: The Supreme One
Date: July 30th 5:00pm-10:00pm
Format: Standard and Burst Format
Wyndham Orlando Resort
8001 International Drive Orlando, FL 32819

Fees: Because this is a convention event, there will be no $5 participation fee (!!!). However, a blader passport may be purchased for only $15, waiving future tournament fees for one year. Cash only please! Weekend-long convention passes can be purchase online for $55. Passes for Saturday-only are $45 and can be purchased the day of.
Prizes:
Fang Leone Burning Claw Ver.
Odin Central Blow
Berserker Begirados.

Top three players get their choice of one with priority given according to placing.
A Takara Tomy Omega Dragonis will be awarded to the tournament's MVP!

Facebook Event Link (please confirm here if you plan on attending)

Additional Information: While it would be appreciated if each player brought his or her own parts, feel free to let me know in advance if you won't have any on hand and I will supply additional Beyblades and launchers where needed. Any bladers caught using parts that have not been manufactured by Hasbro, Sonokong, or Takara Tomy or fail to otherwise follow official WBO ruling will be warned and given a replacement Beyblade at the host's discretion if they fail to procure a suitable alternative.

Visit Anime Festival Orlando's official website for more information!

Confirmed players:
TSO
didannl
Zachbob + 1
Switchblayder
Brisk AquarioHD
Beybladewisher
Xenoblader16

Possibles:
StormPyxis
Dragonstrike20
TanithElite
Stormshadow
Potato Master
Raiyanblader

While we're still working to get a minimum of 7-8 confirmed players, we've been given the 'ok' to post the event thread in advance as a special exception due to the fact that the tournament has been approved by the AFO staff and we will be playing regardless of whether or not we can make it official. That being said, we still need a few more players to commit as soon as possible! Please post in this thread if you think you might be able to make it, and if you would be interested in attending a small side event and dinner Friday night Smile

Live in or around Jacksonville? Let me know and I may be able to give you a ride!

Need-to-Know Information

1. During Registration, Open Your Account Page

Open your account page on your mobile device (if possible) during registration to help us keep things quick.

2. Arrive On Time

You must arrive by the tournament start time to enter. We cannot add new players to an event once it begins. If you're running late, contact the host.

3. Stay Aware of Your Belongings

We do everything possible to ensure a safe environment, but can't be held responsible for lost or stolen goods. Keep your gear close by!

4. The Tournament Will Last At Least a Few Hours

This event is likely to last at least a few hours. If you can't commit to the entire tournament, you're welcome to come watch and play for fun instead!

5. Listen For Your Username To Be Called

Your name will be called when it's time for your next battle. If you need to leave early or take a break, tell a judge. Missing a match could mean disqualification!

6. Players Must Meet Regional Product Age Restrictions

All players in this event must meet the age restrictions on Beyblade products in their region. TAKARA-TOMY recommends Beyblade for ages 6+. Hasbro recommends Beyblade for ages 8+. Players under these ages may only participate with the permission of their parent/guardian.

7. Players Under 18 Must Be Accompanied by a Parent/Guardian

If you are under 18 years old, a parent/guardian must accompany you and be present for the duration of the event.

8. Contests, Raffles, Gambling, Betting, and Selling Are Prohibited

Advertising the sale of any product or service, as well as posting about any contest, raffle, gambling, or betting on this event page and conducting them at the event without approval by Fighting Spirits Inc. staff is prohibited. Please contact the Organized Play team if you require approval.

9. Terms of Service

All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

Quick question how does like entering the tournament work, I know you say you're going on here, but what do you do at the actual place
(Jul. 13, 2016  4:12 AM)Potato Master Wrote: Quick question how does like entering the tournament work, I know you say you're going on here, but what do you do at the actual place

If you have bought your entry for the anime convention, then you simply go to the room that will be allocated for the Beyblade event, The Supreme One will be there and once it looks like everyone has arrived, registration will start. Therefore, at that time you simply give your username after lining up with all of the other participants, and the tournament will start shortly afer that. The host or some judges will call matches, and your only job is to show up when your username is called, and you play in that battle.
(Jul. 13, 2016  4:28 AM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Jul. 13, 2016  4:12 AM)Potato Master Wrote: Quick question how does like entering the tournament work, I know you say you're going on here, but what do you do at the actual place

If you have bought your entry for the anime convention, then you simply go to the room that will be allocated for the Beyblade event, The Supreme One will be there and once it looks like everyone has arrived, registration will start. Therefore, at that time you simply give your username after lining up with all of the other participants, and the tournament will start shortly afer that. The host or some judges will call matches, and your only job is to show up when your username is called, and you play in that battle.

Oh then take me off the Maybe list I can't afford a ticket to a convention and it's probably too late to get a ticket
As the first post mentions, tickets should still be available on the day of the convention, on site. Therefore, it is not too late.
(Jul. 13, 2016  4:51 AM)Kai-V Wrote: As the first post mentions, tickets should still be available on the day of the convention, on site. Therefore, it is not too late.

Well it's still too expensive
(Jul. 13, 2016  5:12 AM)Potato Master Wrote:
(Jul. 13, 2016  4:51 AM)Kai-V Wrote: As the first post mentions, tickets should still be available on the day of the convention, on site. Therefore, it is not too late.

I hate intruding threads that don't really involve me, but if you really like beyblade you could easily miss your only chance to attend a event. I know TSO probably has plans to host future events, but those might not work out. This one will more than likely happen. And these conventions do have some cool stuff to check out, regardless if you like anime or not. I would definitely attend if I were in your shoes, but if you choose not to attend and Florida doesn't have any events you'll regret not attending this.
(Jul. 13, 2016  5:06 PM)Thunder Dome Wrote:
(Jul. 13, 2016  5:12 AM)Potato Master Wrote:

I hate intruding threads that don't really involve me, but if you really like beyblade you could easily miss your only chance to attend a event. I know TSO probably has plans to host future events, but those might not work out. This one will more than likely happen. And these conventions do have some cool stuff to check out, regardless if you like anime or not. I would definitely attend if I were in your shoes, but if you choose not to attend and Florida doesn't have any events you'll regret not attending this.
Thanks Thunder Dome Smile I do intend to try hosting events in Florida in the future, but this is the one that has the most probability of success because we're likely to get a few players that aren't WBO regulars. In regards to the convention price, single day tickets are pretty expensive and can only be purchased at the door, but it's only $10 more (iirc) for a weekend pass and those can be ordered online (I got mine a few days ago). This is the largest anime convention in Florida and if that's not your thing, there are several other tabletop gaming tournaments taking place throughout the week, so if there's anything else that interests you at the con besides Beyblade, I can assure you that purchasing a pass will be worth it.

In other news, I was able to get in touch with one of the convention organizers, who will move the event back to Saturday in the tabletop gaming room. They're still working out the details right now, but we should know the exact time shortly.
NO PUEDE SER!!

At just 4 hours of distance, on a good free date! And I can't go because I already made plans for another early event!! (;AWink...plus I can't drive OTL

If only I could join a group of fans that will also go to the tournament T^T
(Jul. 14, 2016  5:41 PM)UmaYorokobi Wrote: NO PUEDE SER!!

At just 4 hours of distance, on a good free date! And I can't go because I already made plans for another early event!! (;AWink...plus I can't drive OTL

Where do you live, to speak Spanish and be at a distance of four hours hah?
(Jul. 14, 2016  5:51 PM)Kai-V Wrote:

At just 4 hours of distance, on a good free date! And I can't go because I already made plans for another early event!! (;A;)...plus I can't drive OTL

In the capital of Florida, I moved here like...10 years ago from Baja California, Mexico...even if I can't compete, I want to see the battles in person (/;A;)/
Ah, too bad Florida is made long instead of focused all in the same square. This is probably a major reason why tournaments have not been hosted in that state before: everybody is too spread across the whole length.

Aww that's a bummer, but at least I know there's someone else interested! I'm about as far from Tallahassee as I am from Orlando and I believe another active member is in that area, so there's always a possibility that we could try something closer to you in the future Smile
The tickets for AFO is $55 for a 3 days pass. It seems like to me that it's the only ticket. I'm getting it, it's not that pricey, at least not around the 70-80 dollar range.

[Image: animenorth.png]

(Jul. 14, 2016  8:25 PM)UmaYorokobi Wrote:
(Jul. 14, 2016  5:51 PM)Kai-V Wrote:

In the capital of Florida, I moved here like...10 years ago from Baja California, Mexico...even if I can't compete, I want to see the battles in person (/;AWink/

Ah, that sucks! Crying Tallahassee huh? Only if you were in Miami, I would definitely give you a ride. It's 3-4 hours to Orlando from here. ;-;
Just a heads up that Monday is the last day to pre-order weekend passes. The line is apparently much shorter to pick up passes than to purchase them the day of, so I would suggest ordering yours online.
And...only two more weeks until the tournament! I'm getting excited already Smile
(Jul. 16, 2016  10:02 PM)The Supreme One Wrote: Just a heads up that Monday is the last day to pre-order weekend passes. The line is apparently much shorter to pick up passes than to purchase them the day of, so I would suggest ordering yours online.
And...only two more weeks until the tournament! I'm getting excited already Smile

Gotcha! And yeah, excited! Ah, I can't breathe!! I CAN'T WAIT.

I apologize for the outburst. xD
****Important Information****

Okay guys, we finally have our time & room confirmed! Florida's Revival will be taking place from 5:00pm-10:00pm in the Tabletop Gaming room. This should give us plenty of time to run both Standard and Burst should we have enough interest Smile

I've created a Facebook event to make it easier for con-goers to learn about us, so if you plan on attending, please PLEASE confirm your interest or participation here: https://www.facebook.com/events/502880099919137/

That's all the news I have for now! I'll be posting occasional photo updates on my WBO Instagram (@WBOTSO) for promotion, and keep an eye out on the Facebook page as well as this thread for any future updates.
(Jul. 17, 2016  10:29 PM)The Supreme One Wrote: ****Important Information****

Okay guys, we finally have our time & room confirmed! Florida's Revival will be taking place from 5:00pm-10:00pm in the Tabletop Gaming room. This should give us plenty of time to run both Standard and Burst should we have enough interest Smile

I've created a Facebook event to make it easier for con-goers to learn about us, so if you plan on attending, please PLEASE confirm your interest or participation here: https://www.facebook.com/events/502880099919137/

That's all the news I have for now! I'll be posting occasional photo updates on my WBO Instagram (@WBOTSO) for promotion, and keep an eye out on the Facebook page as well as this thread for any future updates.

Awesome! Yeah! Until night?! That's amazing! I can't wait! :'D
YES YES YES!!!! Finally Grin im in florida visiting my grandma's parents right and orlando's only half an hour away so Ill see if I can come! As for parts, if its burst format, ill need both a launcher and a beyblade since I didnt come to florida prepared and same for MFB but ill have a launcher grip

Put me as a maybe for now
(Jul. 23, 2016  5:59 AM)Raiyanblader Wrote: YES YES YES!!!! Finally Grin im in florida visiting my grandma's parents right and orlando's only half an hour away so Ill see if I can come! As for parts, if its burst format, ill need both a launcher and a beyblade since I didnt come to florida prepared and same for MFB but ill have a launcher grip

Put me as a maybe for now

Awesome—hope you can make it! I can definitely provide spare MFB & Burst Beyblades, so no worries Smile
Thanks, I hope I can make it!
The tickets are out online. We're able to buy tickets inside right? I hope so. Crying
(Jul. 26, 2016  1:58 PM)Brisk AquarioHD Wrote: The tickets are out online. We're able to buy tickets inside right? I hope so. Crying
Yep, there might be a longer line, but you can definitely buy tickets at the door Smile
(Jul. 26, 2016  3:37 PM)The Supreme One Wrote:
(Jul. 26, 2016  1:58 PM)Brisk AquarioHD Wrote: The tickets are out online. We're able to buy tickets inside right? I hope so. Crying
Yep, there might be a longer line, but you can definitely buy tickets at the door Smile

Ah, in that case, I'll just go earlier and buy the ticket there. Thanks for letting me know. Smile
As for the unregistered player I asked for you to add to the Maybe list, please take him off. He isn't able to attend. Uncertain Thanks.
Did anyone have to buy tickets to AFO(Anime Festival Orlando) in order to compete in the competition?