8th Anniversary: Welcome to the new worldbeyblade.org

(Dec. 15, 2016  6:23 AM)Tempest546 Wrote: Are there any bugs spotted In the system yet? I would be happy to scope out any of you want!

There is some, yes. We will work to fix them over the coming weeks, as Brad as mentioned. If you spot any, please post about them in this thread. Thanks!
(Dec. 15, 2016  6:43 AM)Kei Wrote: There is some, yes. We will work to fix them over the coming weeks, as Brad as mentioned. If you spot any, please post about them in this thread. Thanks!
Much obliged! Thanks for putting the weight driver on the list!
The new site is excellent.
Sorry to say but this new site is HORRIBLE!!
It does not look as approachable or user friendly, everything seems plain. Yes its more modern and clean but it does not look good at all. The colour is too white/blue.
This change is...wow. I love it. This site feels more updated than all the others I currently visit, lol. To start, it will take a bit to get used to but I think it was worth the wait. Thank you WBO committee from a member from 2012! (kinda miss the old 2007 forum feel though..)

Although, I do want to see a themes option as the white background tends to give me a headache if on here too long. Maybe a "night" themed version, perhaps?
(Dec. 15, 2016  7:34 PM)Beyblade Beyond Wrote: Where is the private messages section located now?

You click on the lightning bolt icon next to your username on the bar at the top, then click on the green icon in that window with a mail letter on it.
(Dec. 15, 2016  12:59 PM)OwnageDerp Wrote: This change is...wow. I love it. This site feels more updated than all the others I currently visit, lol. To start, it will take a bit to get used to but I think it was worth the wait. Thank you WBO committee from a member from 2012! (kinda miss the old 2007 forum feel though..)

Although, I do want to see a themes option as the white background tends to give me a headache if on here too long. Maybe a "night" themed version, perhaps?

+1 for an alternative dark theme, it would be awesome and easy to do.
(Dec. 15, 2016  7:37 PM)Kai-V Wrote: You click on the lightning bolt icon next to your username on the bar at the top, then click on the green icon in that window with a mail letter on it.

Thank you Smile
I actually want to do a dark theme as well, and I figured there would be demand for it. However, before starting that project it's imperative we work out all the bugs and optimize the code in the base theme first. Additionally, if we make a dark theme we have to also make sure that any graphics we put on the site will also work with a dark theme. It is not really "easy to do", and it's not a top priority, but I will do my best.

At least I know who to reach out to for feedback ;)

(Dec. 15, 2016  12:50 PM)2KOOL4SKOOL Wrote: Sorry to say but this new site is HORRIBLE!!
It does not look as approachable or user friendly, everything seems plain. Yes its more modern and clean but it does not look good at all. The colour is too white/blue.

I hope the future dark theme will be more suitable for you, although I don't think there's much unusual about a website that is white and blue. (Our orange accent, however, remains pretty unique!)

Additionally, this is just our first release; we will continue improving the site's design from now till forever, and we definitely think some sections of the site could be a little more energetic looking haha. But to say that the new design is less user-friendly isn't true, and we took significant steps in making the site more accessible.

This is the first time ever that the site is actually fully functional for everyone that visits it regardless of the device they use (uh, current bugs notwithstanding). More and more members are accessing worldbeyblade.org from mobile devices, and that number is sure to skyrocket once Burst brings in more fans worldwide — many of whom may have only used touchscreen devices!

We also know that device usage varies by country, e.g. members in India are more likely to access the site from a mobile device, and that we needed a navigation structure that's easy to understand. That's why it was imperative for us to deliver a version of the site that works seamlessly across all devices, including mobile site navigation that feels native to a mobile device.

That's not the only thing we did, of course — the navigation structure is much simpler and overall there's a feeling of there just being a mess of stuff on the screen than before. But it's not like there isn't a ton of room for improvement, so feel free to share specific feedback on how we can make the site more usable! (Although it might fit better here.)
Oh sweet Jesus everything is different. x_x I'm terrible at adapting to change, take it baaaaccckkkkkk

Jk, it looks great. Although I will have to learn how to navigate everything again.
Sorry for late reply but I wasn't able to visit WBO for some reason with logged in (Big thanks to Bey Brad for fixin' it) though I was able to view as guest so I had a look around new site.

When I heard about Taka and Fumi. For 1 sec I thought I heard Taka and Fumi somewhere then when I readed thread "Takafumi Adachi" made it. I was like speachless and said in mind thats the creator of MFB it for us!?!?!?!!? Thats (most BEYMAZING beyawesome cracking word here)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks alot to mr. Takafumi for making those 2 awesome Mascot for WBO

So here are my thoughts for new WBO!!

At first glance it looked awesome. New color scheme is really fresh and clean looking (actually I prefer blue and white color before its my fev beyhaha) and new mobile view is quite neat feature tbh probably my fev feature because when I used to read big thread on WBO before. I always had to keep zooming to read it (especially on small phone) which was quite annoying sometimes lol and if there is a massive image then even more lol. Now its not problem at all lol. 2nd thing I liked most is able to see text formating and all while posting without having to see post preview which is quite handy as you can see how your thread is gonna to look without having to reload page many time (which will especially come in handy when you have slow net). 3rd is that new tournament threads. They first of all look so much better and they keep all important information in front of you so its much less confusing for new members as well as allow you to add your own intro banner and all. i haven't tried scheduling a event as I proposed my December evrnts already so will try that next month. Everything is so new so i have to get used to all new things and have to try it more extensively. But at first glance, I can say it has meeted (or exceeded fourmhaha) my beyxpectations to what I expected for a "completely new WBO" thanks to all staff memebers (especially Bey Brad) for all effort you all took to make my WBO my true beydream WBOanada

As for Scavenger Hunt...

Those prizes are just (most BEYMAZING beyawesome cracking word here)!!!! Though reason I like Scavenger Hunt most is I get to compete with many blader around world to get points which on itself is so much rewarding and those prizes are like bonus (in this case extremely big bonus lol). Thanks for all who made this possibe

Especially @[Tri] who so generously donated his collection!! Btw happy bey-lated happy Beyirthday!! I hope all your wish comes true and you have a greay beyuture

Spoilt-Spoiler (Click to View)
I really really love it, the design is really clean and easier to find stuff. Grin Keep up the great work, you guys rock!
Wow I haven't launched my first (burst) bey. That line was really touching. Looking forward to the year ahead in this new, undiscovered space! (For me)
(Dec. 23, 2016  1:28 AM)WyvernLego Wrote: Wow I haven't launched my first (burst) bey. That line was really touching. Looking forward to the year ahead in this new, undiscovered space! (For me)

Welcome to the WBO and to the world of Beyblade Grin
happy 8th anniversary wbo
Nice site was quite a shock but looks excellent.

Also lovely to see you back Brad Smile

Congrats on eight amazing years!
The 'schedule an event' for both scheduling and proposing is probably ambiguous. Just a suggestion, if it can be changed to 'propose an event' instead of schedule an event
(Dec. 24, 2016  11:05 AM)ashton pinto Wrote: The 'schedule an event' for both scheduling and proposing is probably ambiguous. Just a suggestion, if it can be changed to 'propose an event' instead of schedule an event

"Propose an Event" was simply renamed to "Schedule an Event." All tournaments should go through Schedule an Event. Hope this clears things up!
This is literally the first time I've logged in for over a month or two or something, and the first time I've seen the redesign.

Incredible work guys, it looks amazing!
Well done! So Much Better!! Have you considered having some "accommodations" for special needs kids at tournaments? In example - slower countdown to the launch? Or a special needs division? This is a game that can be played by everyone and it would be awesome to do something like this- thanks!
(Dec. 29, 2016  8:00 PM)MrBstriker Wrote: Well done! So Much Better!! Have you considered having some "accommodations" for special needs kids at tournaments? In example - slower countdown to the launch? Or a special needs division? This is a game that can be played by everyone and it would be awesome to do something like this- thanks!

We don't really have a player base large enough to justify creating another division, and I think Beyblade is a game that can be played at a high-level by most people regardless of disabilities. That said, we'd be willing to make any accommodation necessary as long as it doesn't give any player a clear advantage. Something like a slower countdown, assistance during the selection phase, etc. would be A-OK.

Of course, always better to have things in writing, so we'll think about how we can make this more "official." Thanks for the great feedback!
These options would be helpful. A lot of these kids have slower processing speed and reaction time is affected, so slower countdown, repetition of instructions and maybe a "practice" turn with the opponent prior to the actual start would be good. Definitely appreciate your consideration. Thanks!