World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
8th Anniversary: Welcome to the new worldbeyblade.org - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: World Beyblade Organization (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-World-Beyblade-Organization)
+--- Forum: Discuss worldbeyblade.org (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Discuss-worldbeyblade-org)
+---- Forum: News (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-News)
+---- Thread: 8th Anniversary: Welcome to the new worldbeyblade.org (/Thread-8th-Anniversary-Welcome-to-the-new-worldbeyblade-org)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

8th Anniversary: Welcome to the new worldbeyblade.org - Bey Brad - Dec. 14, 2016

For our seventh anniversary, we changed our logo. For our eighth, we changed everything else to match.

We’re not just unveiling a radical mobile-responsive redesign of our site, or just launching new tournament formats and resources for players and organizers, or just giving away/making you fight for tons of rare Beyblade gear.

(Although we are doing all of those things.)

We’re also building a WBO for bladers who haven’t yet launched their first bey. For fans who are going to watch the new anime and fall in love with the idea of a world where they can go to tournaments, meet rivals and fight intense battles.

That desire was what drove me to create the WBO in the first place, and it's what drove us to undertake this ambitious relaunch. While working with Takafumi on our new characters (cool, huh?), he said to me: “Beyblade... and another hobby toys are the best tool of peace and smile of all peoples, I believe.” 

Unfortunately, it's impossible to not mention that we were down for a very long time, and some parts of the site are still buggy or unfinished. Battles and awards will be back on your profiles soon, promise! In the meantime, please enjoy the giant bio space where you can write anything you want and link to as much stuff as you want. :) I really appreciate your patience as we continue polishing out the rough edges.

But this isn't the finish line for us; it's just the start. You won't be waiting eight years to see big improvements. Actually, you won't even be waiting eight weeks! The whole purpose of this redesign was to give us a platform we could easily, rapidly build upon in the future.

Welcome to the new WBO.

What's new on worldbeyblade.org:

- Meet Taka & Fumi: WBO x Takafumi Adachi original characters

- IMPORTANT: New formats and rules for all WBO Beyblade tournaments

- Scavenger Hunt 2016: HUGE MFB lot, golden Burst Beys, and more!

- IMPORTANT: SUPPORT WBO 2017! Get Takafumi t-shirts + totes, Bit Booster Generations, and ...

To the peace and smiles of all bladers,

– Bey Brad

RE: 8th Anniversary: Welcome to the new worldbeyblade.org - BeyGa - Dec. 14, 2016

I can't imagine how much work y had to make all this happen! This is... well, I'm speechless, really. The site is beautiful, the mobile responsive is what everybody needed and everything is so cool! Congratulations, guys! I'm really happy to see all these changes and the waiting was totally worth!

RE: 8th Anniversary: Welcome to the new worldbeyblade.org - Jinbee - Dec. 14, 2016

Hey thanks for all your hard work guys! The new site looks amazing! I'm so glad it works on mobile, though personally the old site worked fine for me too. I love the new aesthetics and the anime characters are cool too.

Also love the inclusion of a "Like" button, something you've always wanted XD

RE: 8th Anniversary: Welcome to the new worldbeyblade.org - DGoon - Dec. 14, 2016

The new design is awesome! Happy anniversary WBO! Smile

RE: 8th Anniversary: Welcome to the new worldbeyblade.org - Brisk AquarioHD - Dec. 14, 2016

This is INCREDIBLE! *loud screeching*

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE how now it's mobile-friendly! Love the colors and the Bladers up front! Might be a while to adapt to the new layout but overall, your work and time was definitely worth it! Thank you and happy 8th anniversary WBO! Joyful_3

RE: 8th Anniversary: Welcome to the new worldbeyblade.org - ashton pinto - Dec. 14, 2016

Thanks for everything you have done Brad. Without you Beyblade wouldn't have been the same

RE: 8th Anniversary: Welcome to the new worldbeyblade.org - KingVictory - Dec. 14, 2016

I love the colour scheme!!

RE: 8th Anniversary: Welcome to the new worldbeyblade.org - KnightPro - Dec. 14, 2016

This is amazing its much more cleaner

RE: 8th Anniversary: Welcome to the new worldbeyblade.org - ClaraM - Dec. 14, 2016

The new site is incredible! I love it, makes everything much easier and I love all of the new features.

Thank you so much for all your hard work, but it's definitely been worth it. Fantastic!

RE: 8th Anniversary: Welcome to the new worldbeyblade.org - The Real Libra - Dec. 14, 2016

This has got to be the biggest thing the who has ever done. This community can only go up.

RE: 8th Anniversary: Welcome to the new worldbeyblade.org - BeyCrafter - Dec. 14, 2016

This is awesome!! You even got Takafumi Adachi to create two characters for you!!

RE: 8th Anniversary: Welcome to the new worldbeyblade.org - Bey Brad - Dec. 14, 2016

(Dec. 14, 2016  8:16 PM)BeyCrafter Wrote: This is awesome!!  You even got Takafumi Adachi to create two characters for you!!

He drew the final lineart for us, but I created them with my friend Valérie Bastille.  It was an awesome collaboration you can find more about here: https://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Meet-Taka-Fumi-WBO-x-Takafumi-Adachi-original-characters

Thanks for the kind words, everyone!

RE: 8th Anniversary: Welcome to the new worldbeyblade.org - BeyCrafter - Dec. 14, 2016

This is awesome!! You even got Takafumi Adachi to create two characters for you!!

RE: 8th Anniversary: Welcome to the new worldbeyblade.org - LMAO - Dec. 14, 2016

Looks amazing! Great job to all the committee members, this update was very much needed, and you guys really pulled through on this. Happy (late) WBO Anniversary

RE: 8th Anniversary: Welcome to the new worldbeyblade.org - Tri - Dec. 14, 2016

So glad to see that this all worked out.  I am thrilled with this change and I only expect good things from it.  Thank you WBO committee for all of your hard work!

Is LMAO no longer committee?

RE: 8th Anniversary: Welcome to the new worldbeyblade.org - DRAGON KING - Dec. 14, 2016

Whoo, this looks pretty damn cool! Good job committee !

RE: 8th Anniversary: Welcome to the new worldbeyblade.org - Cat - Dec. 14, 2016

Bravo!! The new design is lovely! Thank you very much for all the work that's gone into this!

RE: 8th Anniversary: Welcome to the new worldbeyblade.org - Bey Brad - Dec. 14, 2016

(Dec. 14, 2016  9:38 PM)Tri Wrote: So glad to see that this all worked out.  I am thrilled with this change and I only expect good things from it.  Thank you WBO committee for all of your hard work!

Is LMAO no longer committee?

He stepped down a while ago to focus on other stuff!

Thanks for the kind words everyone. I really poured my heart and soul into this one, probably moreso than the first version of the WBO.

RE: 8th Anniversary: Welcome to the new worldbeyblade.org - Brisk AquarioHD - Dec. 14, 2016

Just a question: Am I allowed to view the WBO in desktop mode as some websites have? Let me know. :V

(Dec. 14, 2016  9:46 PM)Brisk AquarioHD Wrote: Just a question: Am I allowed to view the WBO in desktop mode as some websites have? Let me know. :V

There are no "modes." There's a single site that responds to the screen size. If you resize your browser, you can see the site change. As a result, all features are accessible on all devices. On mobile we hide some "extraneous" information, like usergroup tags and Bits. That said, this means that the size of your screen dictates what version of the site you see, and there's no way to change it.

(Dec. 14, 2016  9:49 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: There are no "modes." There's a single site that responds to the screen size. If you resize your browser, you can see the site change. As a result, all features are accessible on all devices. On mobile we hide some "extraneous" information, like usergroup tags and Bits. That said, this means that the size of your screen dictates what version of the site you see, and there's no way to change it.
Ahh okay! Thanks very much for letting me know. Smile

RE: 8th Anniversary: Welcome to the new worldbeyblade.org - Stormscorpio1 - Dec. 14, 2016

Oh snap, I see that you guys updated the old faces to be vector as well. nice.

RE: 8th Anniversary: Welcome to the new worldbeyblade.org - To - Dec. 14, 2016

Congrats on the redesign and the anniversary! Cool to see Adachi help out.

RE: 8th Anniversary: Welcome to the new worldbeyblade.org - SUGOI-KONICHEWA - Dec. 14, 2016

Wow everything is so beautiful also don't I receive the Passport bar under my avatar?

(Dec. 14, 2016  10:10 PM)Stormscorpio1 Wrote: Oh snap, I see that you guys updated the old faces to be vector as well. nice.

Yes, big thanks to @[Angry Face] and @[Kei] for somehow managing to get every single one of them done in time.

BTW, a thread will be coming later summarizing some things that are currently not visible but are not gone will return soon (who's online, member list, warning levels, credits, awards in profile, battle history) and where you can also post bugs you run into. I didn't manage to get everything we wanted done in time, and for that I'm sorry. But we'll definitely get everything taken care of over the coming days and weeks, depending on priority.