8th Anniversary: Welcome to the new worldbeyblade.org

(Dec. 14, 2016  10:14 PM)SUGOI-KONICHEWA Wrote: Wow everything is so beautiful also don't I receive the Passport bar under my avatar?

Because this is something new we're doing, there might be times where you're not listed under the right usergroup. Just let us know. Yours will be updated soon Smile
Fantastic work guys! I'm definitely enjoying the fresh new look of the site.
All of this is way, way too good. 

Believe it or not, there's much more to a Committee position than a sleek, blue username and now a header. The work everyone put into this year's anniversary was absolutely crazy; I'm insanely appreciative that I was able experience the ride from the ground, up and contribute to the project a tad bit myself. Thank you. 

I tend to say this every year, but the WBO really has changed my life so far. It is so unbelievably heartwarming to see the community grow bigger and better. The new website design is super welcoming and our mascots are going to help in our branding a lot. I am very confident in saying this.

and holy that top scavenger hunt prize is lit 
Great guys, i Hope this year with burst in Europe we Can have more bladers in the WBO !
(Dec. 14, 2016  11:48 PM)NBLblader90 Wrote: Great guys, i Hope this year with burst in Europe we Can have more bladers in the WBO !

We certainly hope that Italy can come back to its height of popularity, like during Metal Fight Beyblade, and we thank you for your continued support on Facebook, it is really appreciated by the whole team. When the time will come and Italy is hyped for Burst and Beyblade in general again, hopefully we can help shape up events for you guys as much as possible. 

The last few months and especially the past week have been rather crazy, and since we have been ankle or even neck-deep into it, our enjoyment mostly relies on the excitement you guys demonstrate now, and so far the feedback is really positive and it really warms us up. 

From this moment on, I think that our community has all it needs to have a very bright future, even better than all the years before. We have the tools, so let's embark on this journey to exceed a decade of World Beyblade Organization!
I like the update. It feels streamlined and works. It seems to have quenched everyone's thirst for the site to return, so that works too.
The update was definitely worth the wait. At first it felt weird, since I've been use to the same World Beyblade Organization for almost 5 years now. But the more I look at it I've begun to like the design a lot better. The new layout makes finding information about tournaments and latest posts much more easier. I also am excited to see a option to "like" a post. Definitely something I've wanted to do in the past a few times for some amazing discussions. Thank you to the committee for all the hard word in the last week, it's definitely shown and I'm excited to see what the World Beyblade Organization has for us in the future!
Y'know, my laptop died today, I'm desperate, but hey, WBO is back and it has a responsive awesome new layout and crazy handy features! After using it for a while with an iPad mini and an android smartphone, all I can do is thank you guys for making our lives easier to access the forums on a mobile device! It's SO good!
(Dec. 15, 2016  12:52 AM)BeyGa Wrote: Y'know, my laptop died today, I'm desperate, but hey, WBO is back and it has a responsive awesome new layout and crazy handy features! After using it for a while with an iPad mini and an android smartphone, all I can do is thank you guys for making our lives easier to access the forums on a mobile device! It's SO good!

This honestly took the majority of the development time. This was my first time developing anything in a while and my first-ever mobile responsive template, so a huge portion of the work just went into building a general responsive framework for the site. I'm really glad to hear that in terms of the experience, the work has paid off.
(Dec. 15, 2016  12:57 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: This honestly took the majority of the development time. This was my first time developing anything in a while and my first-ever mobile responsive template, so a huge portion of the work just went into building a general responsive framework for the site. I'm really glad to hear that in terms of the experience, the work has paid off.

Oh, yeah! Totally worth the effort! It's way easier to acces the contents through the new features! I can't thank you guys enough. LOL
Absolutely awesome update!!! I will definitely be buying the Fumi Anniversary shirt!
Everything is presented in such a clear and concise manner. Even the splash page while under construction was impressive!

Amazing work!!
It's been fascinating to watch this project progress over the last few months. The sheer scope of what the team were already planning before I even joined the team was astounding; a complete redesign of the site, full mobile support, a complete set of new resources to work with, updated faces. It felt unreal to read it all, and yet they continued to add to it with even bigger surprises, like the Takafumi artwork!

It's been an honor to be a part of the project in some form, and it's great to finally see it launched and available for everyone to see! We've all poured our heart and souls into creating this, and there's no greater feeling than seeing it all come together today! A huge well done to everyone involved!

Oh, and let's appreciate the "few" cans of Red Bull Brad poured into this project as well. Oh, and also the second batch. Actually, I'm not convinced the guy has slept at all these last two weeks looking at these pictures... (There's gotta be a safety warning about drinking that much...)

For all your hard work Brad, please take a nice long rest! You've outdone yourself designing the site and ensuring it's ready and working for launch, and you can finally relax! Go start those belated birthday celebrations already! Tongue_out

And for everyone reading this; go explore the site, take part in the Scavenger Hunt and enjoy all the other festivities we've lined up for you! We hope you love everything lined up for you as much as we've loved working on it all! Grin
With the new update, I'm having trouble being able to pm kai v about the scavenger hunt. Am I missing something?
(Dec. 15, 2016  2:51 AM)The Real Libra Wrote: With the new update, I'm having trouble being able to pm kai v about the scavenger hunt. Am I missing something?

You can PM someone by going to their profile and clicking the message button, from opening the Feed (lighting bolt icon) and pressing send message, or from the private messages section.
Wow.

The new site is amazing, a huge departure from the super old layout. Unfortunately I've partially moved on from Beyblade, but I still like to check back once in awhile, just to see this layout finally release, haha. Thanks Brad for your hard work on the new design!
It’s hard to know where to start. Thinking back to where we were at the beginning of 2015 and then comparing it to where we are now at the end of 2016 with a new Beyblade series well underway and with what indeed is probably the biggest thing the WBO has ever done to date is overwhelming.

We have so much to be proud of as a community. And an even brighter future to look forward to now with not only Beyblade Burst’s full international release on the horizon, but this new (sorely needed) new responsive site design, mascots by Adachi Takafumi (can’t believe I’m typing this still), refined Organized Play rules, a new format for smaller groups of players, and so much more that is on the way.

I’m so proud of the way each and every member of the Committee (and even Mitsu and Cannon!) has been able to come together over the past year or more that we have been working on different aspects of this site re-launch. There certainly have been many long nights–especially over the past several weeks–and while we are still working on some aspects of the new site as Brad mentioned, everything seems to have ultimately turned out well! Thank you Cannon, Mitsu, cadney, Angry Face, ~Mana~, Kai-V, Bey Brad (and Valerie!) for everything you guys contributed to this project.

But it has not only been an intensely collaborative process between all of us on the team. It’s also been a collaborative process with everyone in the community through things like our development of the new Organized Play rules with the “Experimental Format”, or with Organizers’ with our development of the new Club Format. The dialogue we were able to open in cases like these has been incredibly insightful, and I’m looking forward to continuing to refine and improve everything with you all as we move forward together!

I feel so fortunate to have been able to contribute to such an amazing project and to be part of a community that is capable of what we’ve been able to put accomplish for this anniversary. It’s been eight years and despite all of the special things we have accomplished over that span of time, this project has proven to me that the sky really seems to be the limit for us.

Edit:
(Dec. 14, 2016  10:10 PM)Stormscorpio1 Wrote: Oh snap, I see that you guys updated the old faces to be vector as well. nice.
So happy someone noticed this. Thank you!

You guys have no idea how long it took to complete this project. There's 228 Bits, and many of them were not vector to begin with (and many of the old ones we didn't have source files for)  so we had to re-draw/create them from scratch in many cases. Think about that haha.
It's so beautiful :')
The site looks really nice!admittedly though, I'm going to miss the old appearance of the WBO..

..Even if I am inactive.But I will be here until the anniversary ends I guess.
BeyBrad how's a goin! The new site looks phenomenal!
(Dec. 15, 2016  6:10 AM)Shido-kun Wrote: The site looks really nice!admittedly though, I'm going to miss the old appearance of the WBO..
Ha. The nostalgic part of me still misses the original Beywiki.com Forums theme, but moving into the future like we have now with this new responsive design and site framework will make it so much easier for us to implement new features more easily and rapidly moving forward! The old WBO theme was basically unchanged since 2008, which is ancient, unresponsive to all devices, and would only become increasingly difficult to work with over the years, so this is ultimately for the best for even just that reason (not to mention how great the new theme looks anyways)!
True True. . .
Are there any bugs spotted In the system yet? I would be happy to scope out any of you want!