Kei's Avatar & Signature Gallery

Kei's Avatar & Signature Gallery

Hi everyone! Many years ago I posted threads here showcasing my avatars/signatures, but it's been a long time since then, and I've never showcased them all in one place. So, after creating a new set tonight, I figured why not do it now and see how I've progressed? I've been designing for over six years now, and have included pretty much every avatar/signature I've ever designed in this post; even those that I never ended up using.

Please let me know what you think! And if you have any questions, feel free to ask.

NOTE: None of the work you see here is available for personal use.

Current
[Image: GVk4pYw.jpg]

[Image: 2AYoRKG.jpg]

Featuring photographs I took at DIR EN GREY's show in Toronto last November. View them here. So excited to finally post these!
These are great! That kid catching the beyblade wants to eat me though...
I know it.
Wish you still made avatars and signatures, these are incredible!
(Jun. 07, 2013  4:56 AM)Ultramarine Wrote: These are great! That kid catching the beyblade wants to eat me though...
I know it.
Wish you still made avatars and signatures, these are incredible!

Thank you! And that "Beyblade" is actually a Battle Striker, haha. It's from one of the commercials.

I do still make them! The one I'm using right now was designed a few hours ago.
Ah, battle strikers.
It all makes sense.

I'm kidding.

Do you still take requests?
(Jun. 07, 2013  5:04 AM)Ultramarine Wrote: Do you still take requests?

Unless the request/content is interesting to me for one reason or another, I do not. Sorry!
Ah, that's ok.
Though as I said before, the work is incredible!
Oh my god... I love the gazette... Kei I love you! Haha.

Great stuff my friend Smile
(Jun. 07, 2013  5:22 AM)Tri Wrote: Oh my god... I love the gazette... Kei I love you! Haha.

Great stuff my friend Smile

Do you? Cool. Cool This reminds me ... I should revive the GazettE thread on here some time.

Thanks!
Awesome work! I really love the 2012 and 2011 work!
These are amazing pieces of masterpiece. *_*
Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great WORK DUDE Grin
Awesome, I was impressed by many works Smile
Great work Kei! My favorite would have to be Tempestas punching Bey Brad. You have amazing work. I can't wait to see more.
Great collection of works, Kei. I really like your works. Your current avatar and sig are cool.
Your graphic designs are always amazing and mesmerizing ~★
I just realized, I forgot to add these in to 2011/2012!:

It's also worth mentioning that I designed the typeface seen in my current Ruki signature. It's called AlphaOmega. I'm hoping to release it sometime this summer on MyFonts and wherever else will accept it.

(Jun. 07, 2013  8:59 AM)Zed Wrote: These are amazing pieces of masterpiece. *_*
Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great WORK DUDE Grin

(Jun. 07, 2013  9:24 AM)C a o S³ Wrote: Awesome, I was impressed by many works Smile

(Jun. 07, 2013  12:04 PM)Thunder Dome Wrote: Great work Kei! My favorite would have to be Tempestas punching Bey Brad. You have amazing work. I can't wait to see more.

(Jun. 07, 2013  5:12 PM)YsTrY7oN Wrote: Great collection of works, Kei. I really like your works. Your current avatar and sig are cool.
Your graphic designs are always amazing and mesmerizing ~★

Thanks guys!

(Jun. 07, 2013  8:21 AM)Syco Wrote: Awesome work! I really love the 2012 and 2011 work!

I do too. I feel like it was by 2011 that I had finally developed a style of my own. I didn't feel like I was doing something just because I had learned it in a tutorial anymore; I was doing it because it was what I felt best represented myself.
Nice! I love especially the HMS and Plastics Remembrance Day sigs and avis for the Committee. Really awesome.
Ah, Sho Tongue_out (so zetta awesome!) Nice committee set too Grin Nice to see the progression in styles and technique :')
After seeing your GazzettE tag, I knew I had to make one to steal your identity walk in the footsteps of someone awesome.

[Image: filth_in_the_beauty_tag_by_tri_zane-d687ppc.png]

I hope you like it Kei
Some excellent progress and art in there Kei. Cool to see your style's evolution over the years.
I just saw the comittee set in the post; I remember that when I saw them as avatar and sign of the staff I liked it so much Smile Probably they are my favourites in your gallery; However no one used Draciel MS, right? nobody love it hah xD
They're awesome Grin
I can actually trace back to when I joined using your avatar/sig creation time periods XD

Also, I love the originality :3
(Jun. 07, 2013  9:08 PM)*Ginga* Wrote: Nice! I love especially the HMS and Plastics Remembrance Day sigs and avis for the Committee. Really awesome.

(Jun. 08, 2013  8:12 AM)Kujikato Wrote: Some excellent progress and art in there Kei. Cool to see your style's evolution over the years.

Thanks!

(Jun. 07, 2013  11:57 PM)Insomniac. Wrote: Ah, Sho Tongue_out (so zetta awesome!)

Thank you! It's hard to believe that it's been five years since that game came out; I remember being so excited for it prior to release. I made that in June 2008.

(Jun. 08, 2013  5:48 AM)Tri Wrote: After seeing your GazzettE tag, I knew I had to make one to steal your identity walk in the footsteps of someone awesome.

Haha, well it's not bad. The overall feeling is cohesive, which is good, but there is a few elements which could be improved:

1. The render of Ruki. It seems like he is fading into the background for no particular reason. Where are his arms?

2. The text. It doesn't seem to have any relationship to anything; it's just ... there. There's nothing wrong with text that bleeds off the edges of something, but it doesn't seem like it was done with any sort of purpose here.

(Jun. 08, 2013  10:19 AM)C a o S³ Wrote: I just saw the comittee set in the post; I remember that when I saw them as avatar and sign of the staff I liked it so much Smile Probably they are my favourites in your gallery; However no one used Draciel MS, right? nobody love it hah xD

I guess not! Haha.
Haha, it was a quick thing. I didn't really think of a concept, it just... Happened Tongue_out
(Jun. 08, 2013  6:57 PM)Tri Wrote: Haha, it was a quick thing. I didn't really think of a concept, it just... Happened Tongue_out

I could say the same thing about mine. Tongue_out Just because something was intuitively designed and doesn't have a completely or clearly defined "concept" doesn't mean that it shouldn't be beautiful. No matter what, if not philosophically, you at least have to judge what you're creating aesthetically.
Your work is really awesome Kei. How do you make those designs?.
(Jun. 22, 2013  1:47 PM)jazz gripen Wrote: Your work is really awesome Kei. How do you make those designs?.

Thank you! I primarily use Photoshop.