Worst Dub Rename For A Bey In Burst?

(Nov. 27, 2020  10:25 PM)The Blacknight Wrote:
(Nov. 27, 2020  10:21 PM)Eclipse Force Wrote: Ajax still sounds stupid.

Height barely has anything to do with Heaven besides it usually being high up. Also Height Pegasus sounds stupid.

Giant is still stupid.

Creation is bland and explosion is surface level.

Kingly has nothing to do with Killer what so ever, same with Knave. This isn't medieval carp, we're talking murderer.

#1: so ashindra? again, it has to be non religious and kid freindly.
#2, #3, #5: refer to #1.
#2:maybe ataraxis. that be my favorite word anyways lol. but it has to start with h
#4: fine, Yin Yang, Destruction, or Awaken

Ashidnra is fine, Ajax sounds weird

You can still reference things like peace or resting or tranquility, like Harmony.
Ataraxis is an abomination of word when talking about beyblade names

Giant still sounds stupid

Kingly and Knave still have nothing to do with Killing in the slightest

Destruction is bland, Ying Yang Genesis sounds weird, Awaken barely has anything to do with Big Bang but I guess it sounds okay

Bushin Ajax my butt

Height Pegasus is boring

Giant Dragon, gimme a break

Kingly Doomscizor doesn't eve have anything to do with the act of hurting at the very least
(Nov. 27, 2020  10:29 PM)Eclipse Force Wrote:
(Nov. 27, 2020  10:25 PM)The Blacknight Wrote: #1: so ashindra? again, it has to be non religious and kid freindly.
#2, #3, #5: refer to #1.
#2:maybe ataraxis. that be my favorite word anyways lol. but it has to start with h
#4: fine, Yin Yang, Destruction, or Awaken

Ashidnra is fine, Ajax sounds weird

You can still reference things like peace or resting or tranquility, like Harmony.
Ataraxis is an abomination of word when talking about beyblade names

Giant still sounds stupid

Kingly and Knave still have nothing to do with Killing in the slightest

Destruction is bland, Ying Yang Genesis sounds weird, Awaken barely has anything to do with Big Bang but I guess it sounds okay

I ask you this:

Ajax is cool as a character, and he fits ashura's gimmick well.
does krusher have to do with killing? no. ITS NOT A WORD!
Height is better than harmony. harmony is music that goes well with other music.
Giant is better than Glyph. Grand is a big layer. giant is a big layer. Glyph? ITS A PICTURE LETTER
Big bang genesis sounds weird. Destruction is bland, but so is Heaven, Burn, Victory, Storm, Dead, Brave, and a ton of others. And i ask you, what does eclipse have to do with the big bang? about as much as any other proper noun.
Okay, before this argument gets out of hand. Lemme just say that renames don't always have to be related to the name they dubbed over, they can be completely different so I don't see that much of a problem with "Kingly" (though I wouldn't pick it myself).

I mean what does Zone have to do with Zwei (which means "two")? What does Jumbo have to do with Jail? What does Uber have to do with Unlock? Literally nothing.

Anyways, the worst rename in Burst is probably Jumbo Jormuntor IMO. I don't mind Jormuntor that much, but Jumbo sounds incredibly goofy and silly. I would've just gone with Jinx Jormuntor, because at least that sounds cooler.
Develos I mean I get the reason why they changed it. But why didn’t they just change it to something else I don’t know what but I don’t really like Develos.
Krusher Doomscizor is definitely the worst hasbro name IMO. Sounds like the villain of a cgi show on treehouse channel.
(Nov. 27, 2020  11:11 PM)LOL-y Rancher Wrote: Okay, before this argument gets out of hand. Lemme just say that renames don't always have to be related to the name they dubbed over, they can be completely different so I don't see that much of a problem with "Kingly" (though I wouldn't pick it myself).

I mean what does Zone have to do with Zwei (which means "two")? What does Jumbo have to do with Jail? What does Uber have to do with Unlock? Literally nothing.

Anyways, the worst rename in Burst is probably Jumbo Jormuntor IMO. I don't mind Jormuntor that much, but Jumbo sounds incredibly goofy and silly.

Kingly has nothing to do with Killer. That's the problem.
Fusion aether instead of left and right eclipse was BY FAR THE WORST dub name. It was two of my favorite beys too. 😑
(Nov. 27, 2020  11:12 PM)Eclipse Force Wrote:
(Nov. 27, 2020  11:11 PM)LOL-y Rancher Wrote: Okay, before this argument gets out of hand. Lemme just say that renames don't always have to be related to the name they dubbed over, they can be completely different so I don't see that much of a problem with "Kingly" (though I wouldn't pick it myself).

Anyways, the worst rename in Burst is probably Jumbo Jormuntor IMO. I don't mind Jormuntor that much, but Jumbo sounds incredibly goofy and silly.

Kingly has nothing to do with Killer. That's the problem.

Again, Zone has nothing to do with Zwei (which means "two"), Jumbo has nothing to do with Jail, Uber has nothing to do with Unlock, Quill has nothing to do with Quad etc. I don't think it matters that much, as long as they aren't offensive renames

Granted, I wouldn't pick "Kingly" myself either but Krusher does sound kind of forced when spelt with a K just to match with kD's initials. Personally, I would've chosen Kuro Doomscizor or Karma Doomscizor.
Alright. Honestly, I don't care what ADK rights, or whoever does the names calls the beys, as long as it's decent or not offensive in any way, shape or form, I'm fine with it.
Also can you guys stop arguing over Dub names for a show about spinning tops? I mean, people are gonna have opinions regardless, but like- not to the point where you guys literally take up half of the first page of this thread, and nearly the entire second page of the thread. Sorry, I'll shut up now.
Redirecting this on track

I never understood why Winning Valkyrie was dubbed Wonder Valtryek. I guess its cuz Valt is nicknamed "the Wonderboy" or something? I personally think Wing Valtryek would be a lot better.

Fusion Aether, Engaard, and Cognite are terrible too
(Nov. 28, 2020  1:49 AM)DeltaZakuro Wrote: Redirecting this on track

I never understood why Winning Valkyrie was dubbed Wonder Valtryek. I guess its cuz Valt is nicknamed "the Wonderboy" or something? I personally think Wing Valtryek would be a lot better.

Fusion Aether, Engaard, and Cognite are terrible too

Yeah definitely
(Nov. 27, 2020  8:50 PM)TheRogueBlader Wrote: Hades. Worst name ever
But it's the original name
(Nov. 28, 2020  2:09 AM)Ali Baba Wrote:
(Nov. 27, 2020  8:50 PM)TheRogueBlader Wrote: Hades. Worst name ever
But it's the original name

True, I just don’t like beys that are named after things like Achilles, hades, pheonix, dragon. I like creative names like spriggan, Valkyrie, Fafnir, Longinus, Roktavor, horusood, etc...
(Nov. 28, 2020  2:33 AM)TheRogueBlader Wrote:
(Nov. 28, 2020  2:09 AM)Ali Baba Wrote: But it's the original name

True, I just don’t like beys that are named after things like Achilles, hades, pheonix, dragon. I like creative names like spriggan, Valkyrie, Fafnir, Longinus, Roktavor, horusood, etc...

Spriggan, Valkyrie, Fafnir, and Longinus are all names that were gotten from somewhere else. They themselves did not create those names.
(Nov. 28, 2020  2:33 AM)TheRogueBlader Wrote:
(Nov. 28, 2020  2:09 AM)Ali Baba Wrote: But it's the original name

How do you not know about Apriggan but know abt hades
beykid44
BuilderROB
I just looked it up and yes those names are not created but the makers of those beys. I just like names like Fafnir, and Valkyrie better than names like hades it’s hard to explain.

(Nov. 28, 2020  3:02 AM)beykid44 Wrote:
(Nov. 28, 2020  2:33 AM)TheRogueBlader Wrote: True, I just don’t like beys that are named after things like Achilles, hades, pheonix, dragon. I like creative names like spriggan, Valkyrie, Fafnir, Longinus, Roktavor, horusood, etc...

How do you not know about Apriggan but know abt hades

Lol typo much? “Aprrigan, abt,” jk just kidding or JJ just joking
(Nov. 28, 2020  3:24 AM)TheRogueBlader Wrote: beykid44
BuilderROB
I just looked it up and yes those names are not created but the makers of those beys. I just like names like Fafnir, and Valkyrie better than names like hades it’s hard to explain.

(Nov. 28, 2020  3:02 AM)beykid44 Wrote: How do you not know about Apriggan but know abt hades

k but they aint creative that's what you said
Plus This is dub names not original
(Nov. 28, 2020  3:38 AM)beykid44 Wrote:
(Nov. 28, 2020  3:24 AM)TheRogueBlader Wrote: beykid44
BuilderROB

k but they aint creative that's what you said
Plus This is dub names not original
They are most definitely somewhat creative seeing as the name Hades is far more iconic than something like Fafnir or Valkyrie which aren’t all too common. 

-Edit: Not exactly the right topic but he definitely has a point
I definitely get renaming due to religious reasons (which is a controversial thing that many feel shouldnt be exposed to kids. Similar thing done to Yu-gi-oh!). Other than that, I wouldve preferred a lot of the original names because they are quite straight-forward compared to the “try harding” dub names
(Nov. 28, 2020  3:46 AM)XSabxManiacX Wrote: I definitely get renaming due to religious reasons (which is a controversial thing that many feel shouldnt be exposed to kids. Similar thing done to Yu-gi-oh!). Other than that, I wouldve preferred a lot of the original names because they are quite straight-forward compared to the “try harding” dub names

The real question is when are those names not pertaining to religion (except for the first part of the name, don’t understand the name to change those unless it’s violent like killer)
(Nov. 28, 2020  7:28 AM)EarthHelios Wrote: Valtryek lol.
Satomb was a bleh.

Valtryek was a pun. Satomb I don’t get.
Satomb,i don't really get who came up with this,like who.
I guess that's one thing we'll Never find out XD