Winning Combinations at WBO Organized Play Events

LORD spriggan /00/eternal crash last uk tournament
(Oct. 08, 2019  7:40 AM)exeter121 Wrote: LORD spriggan /00/eternal  crash last uk tournament

I think you misunderstood the purpose of this thread. This is for Organizers to put the winning combos of the top 3 Bladers in one of their tournaments so people can have an idea of how the competitive scene is changing over time.
(Oct. 08, 2019  11:21 AM)CitrusNinja3 Wrote:
(Oct. 08, 2019  7:40 AM)exeter121 Wrote: LORD spriggan /00/eternal  crash last uk tournament

I think you misunderstood the purpose of this thread. This is for Organizers to put the winning combos of the top 3 Bladers in one of their tournaments so people can have an idea of how the competitive scene is changing over time.

Tbh, it's also a place so people know how to prepare for a tournament so they can test combos against meta combos
(Oct. 08, 2019  12:03 PM)DreamBlade Wrote:
(Oct. 08, 2019  11:21 AM)CitrusNinja3 Wrote: I think you misunderstood the purpose of this thread. This is for Organizers to put the winning combos of the top 3 Bladers in one of their tournaments so people can have an idea of how the competitive scene is changing over time.

Tbh, it's also a place so people know how to prepare for a tournament so they can test combos against meta combos

That's why I mentioned that people use these results to see how the competitive scene is changing.
I really wonder if Achilles Chip, Convert and Union are gonna see some top 3 soon.
Union (Achilles) Station Winning Combos

CrimsonBurst - 1st Lord Spriggan Vanguard Bearing
CrimsonBurst - 1st Cho-Z Spriggan Sting Orbit Metal (Deck Finals Only)
CrimsonBurst - 1st Judgment Valkyrie Blitz Xtreme' Zan (Deck Finals Only)
CrimsonBurst - 1st Perfect Phoenix 0Cross Xtend+ (Deck Finals Only)
DeceasedCrab - 2nd LC Perfect Phoenix 00Cross Xtend+
DeceasedCrab - 2nd Zwei Diabolos Sting Qc' (Deck Finals Only)
DeceasedCrab - 2nd Lord Spriggan (Left) 0Wall Bearing (Deck Finals Only)
Hello321 - 3rd Dead Phoenix 0 Flow Atomic
Hello321 - 3rd Dread Bahamut 00 Proof Octa
Hello321 - 3rd Lord Spriggan Blitz Bearing

(I'll make this look pretty later...maybe)
(Oct. 08, 2019  1:48 PM)The Supreme One Wrote: Hello321 - 3rd Dead Phoenix 0 Flow Atomic
Hello321 - 3rd Dread Bahamut 00 Polish Octa

Those are surprising combos! Glad to see Octa!
And is it 00 or Polish? Did you mean 00Proof?
Apologies - Proof!
(Oct. 08, 2019  1:48 PM)The Supreme One Wrote: Union (Achilles) Station Winning Combos

CrimsonBurst - 1st Lord Spriggan Vanguard Bearing
CrimsonBurst - 1st Cho-Z Spriggan Sting Orbit Metal (Deck Finals Only)
CrimsonBurst - 1st Judgment Valkyrie Blitz Xtreme' Zan (Deck Finals Only)
CrimsonBurst - 1st Perfect Phoenix 0Cross Xtend+ (Deck Finals Only)
DeceasedCrab - 2nd LC Perfect Phoenix 00Cross Xtend+
DeceasedCrab - 2nd Zwei Diabolos Sting Qc' (Deck Finals Only)
DeceasedCrab - 2nd Lord Spriggan (Left) 0Wall Bearing (Deck Finals Only)
Hello321 - 3rd Dead Phoenix 0 Flow Atomic
Hello321 - 3rd Lord Spriggan Blitz Bearing

(I'll make this look pretty later...maybe)
Ouch, DeceasedCrab got 2nd again.
I mean in retrospect 2nd place is quite good, especially when it's a 34 person tournament. But after the 5th time it wears you down. I actually found it soothing to be tied for 5th in Happy Octogre.
Here are the winning combos for Carlsbad Bursts!
1st: ClexBlades
Lord Longinus Around Bearing
Judgement Diabolos Blitz Octa
Zwei Fafnir Sting Zephyr’
2nd: AidenKim
Hell Salamander 0P Ds’
Lord Spriggan Blitz Atomic
Cho Z Spriggan 00W Br
3rd: Virtuous Circle
Cho Z Spriggan 00W Br
Perfect Phoenix Outer Eternal
Hell Salamander 00P Ds’

[Image: AC0-E0-A20-E273-4742-8076-0-B25061-F18-B1.jpg]
(Oct. 09, 2019  8:48 PM)CoolBlader63 Wrote: Here are the winning combos for Carlsbad Bursts!
Hell Salamander 0P Ds’
Cho Z Spriggan 00W Br
Cho Z Spriggan 00W Br
Hell Salamander 00P Ds’

[Image: AC0-E0-A20-E273-4742-8076-0-B25061-F18-B1.jpg]
What weight did ClexBlades use on Zwei Fafnir?
(Oct. 09, 2019  8:48 PM)CoolBlader63 Wrote: Here are the winning combos for Carlsbad Bursts!
Hell Salamander 0P Ds’
Cho Z Spriggan 00W Br
Cho Z Spriggan 00W Br
Hell Salamander 00P Ds’

Judgement Diabolos Blitz Octa and Perfect Phoenix Outer Octa are combos you don't see everyday. I'll have to try those.
(Oct. 09, 2019  8:51 PM)Raptor547 Wrote:
Hell Salamander 0P Ds’
Cho Z Spriggan 00W Br
Cho Z Spriggan 00W Br
Hell Salamander 00P Ds’
What weight did ClexBlades use on Zwei Fafnir?
Oh shoot, I don’t think he wrote it down.
(Oct. 08, 2019  9:53 PM)DeceasedCrab Wrote: I mean in retrospect 2nd place is quite good, especially when it's a 34 person tournament. But after the 5th time it wears you down. I actually found it soothing to be tied for 5th in Happy Octogre.

Make that the 6th time for me xD
(Oct. 08, 2019  1:48 PM)The Supreme One Wrote: Union (Achilles) Station Winning Combos

Was gen used for this combo?
(Oct. 10, 2019  1:42 PM)Ash_Ketchum_007 Wrote:
(Oct. 08, 2019  1:48 PM)The Supreme One Wrote: Union (Achilles) Station Winning Combos

Was gen used for this combo?

Yes, apologies - I’m still getting the hang of the new combo format!
Old BeyBlade - 10/12/19
Baltimore, MD, US - Burst Standard format

(Sorry, I forgot to do a picture of the top 3.)

1st: Ardmore Bladers
Lord Spriggan Around Bearing (Deck Format Finals Only)
Perfect Phoenix 00Cross Xtend+
Judgment Diabolos Sting Quick'
Zwei Bahamut 10Expand Destroy' Zan (Deck Format Finals Only)
LC Orb Egis Around Orbit (Deck Format Finals Only)

2nd: Hello321
Lord Spriggan 7Wall Bearing
Zwei Longinus Drake Xtreme' Metsu

3rd: DeceasedCrab
Lord Spriggan 0Wall Bearing (First Stage Only)
Judgement Diabolos Sting Quick' (Deck Format Finals Only)

I tried to sort these when there were the same or similar entries across different participants. You can see some recurring patterns.
Perfect Phoenix is still quite good against most everything else, especially now that many of its stamina counters have become far less viable thanks to Lord/Judgement/Zwei.
Lord Spriggan vastly outclasses B3. Given the existence of Zwei and Judgement, B3's gone from the meta now. Lord does everything that B3 did, better. (B3 would still probably work to a limited degree.)
I actually had Zwei in my deck the first two finals matches, and I think that cost me a trip to the finals. I'm really beginning to write off Zwei and switch towards using Judgement, but it appears to have worked just fine for the top two.

Let's talk about painted discs! My 0 on Wall is gold. Hello's 7 was green. You know why, it's for the extra adhesion on the Lord burst resistors. Ardmore and I both came to the same conclusion about Sting on Judgement, completely independently of each other: Sting's got good weight and shape for Judgement, but the gold Sting is needed to hold better on the burst resistor.

The meta's in a weird place right now. I think it's stagnating again thanks to Lord. Granted, right before this it was a meta which rewards pure skill (well done attack launches) so I guess that's why few people have complained about that. But Lord? It's B3 and Dread but heavy. This could get messy.
(Oct. 14, 2019  2:04 AM)DeceasedCrab Wrote: Old BeyBlade - 10/12/19

2nd: Hello321
Lord Spriggan 7Wall Bearing
Zwei Longinus Drake Xtreme' Metsu

3rd: DeceasedCrab
Lord Spriggan 0Wall Bearing (First Stage Only)
Judgement Diabolos Sting Quick' (Deck Format Finals Only)

Hello321 still hasn't sent me his layer weight for Zwei. Will edit it in when I get it.

I tried to sort these when there were the same or similar entries across different participants. You can see some recurring patterns.
Perfect Phoenix is still quite good against most everything else, especially now that many of its stamina counters have become far less viable thanks to Lord/Judgement/Zwei.
Lord Spriggan vastly outclasses B3. Given the existence of Zwei and Judgement, B3's gone from the meta now. Lord does everything that B3 did, better. (B3 would still probably work to a limited degree.)
I actually had Zwei in my deck the first two finals matches, and I think that cost me a trip to the finals. I'm really beginning to write off Zwei and switch towards using Judgement, but it appears to have worked just fine for the top two.

Let's talk about painted discs! My 0 on Wall is gold. Hello's 7 was green. You know why, it's for the extra adhesion on the Lord burst resistors. Ardmore and I both came to the same conclusion about Sting on Judgement, completely independently of each other: Sting's got good weight and shape for Judgement, but the gold Sting is needed to hold better on the burst resistor.

The meta's in a weird place right now. I think it's stagnating again thanks to Lord. Granted, right before this it was a meta which rewards pure skill (well done attack launches) so I guess that's why few people have complained about that. But Lord? It's B3 and Dread but heavy. This could get messy.

Looks like Blitz doesn't have any significant use in the current meta, from what is posted on recent tournaments. Sting still outweighs Blitz in usability and versatility for some reason. And czS usage seems to decline now that LS exists (making Sr obsolete too). pP may be a mainstay for more generations to come due to its unique gimmick. Zwei and Judgment may be more of a contingency measure against opposite spin LS (I think).

Overall, with LS and some probable OP Layers to be released soon, we may be reverting back to the black hole of stamina-defense meta stagnancy
I saw a fair amount of Blitz at the tournament. I saw it on Judgement and I saw it on Lord. You know why: because if you don't have a decently heavy painted disc, the slightly wide prongs of Blitz work very well. But a gold painted sting is Quite good on judgement. Not as tight as a Gold 0, but close.

CzS' usage has declined to the point where the only person I see using it nowadays is [REDACTED]. And it's good, but it doesn't necessarily beat Lord, which is what I ended up using against it.

CzS' is a completely valid stand-in for Balkesh, but I feel it is outclassed by Lord.

I am having that Genesis/Apocalypse and Hyper provide some sort of interesting balance for the meta.

What's interesting though is that there was a fair amount of Heaven at the tournament, and it did okay. It has some solid defenses and stamina. I would say it might be a decent stand-in for pP.
(Oct. 14, 2019  3:13 AM)DeceasedCrab Wrote: I saw a fair amount of Blitz at the tournament. I saw it on Judgement and I saw it on Lord. You know why: because if you don't have a decently heavy painted disc, the slightly wide prongs of Blitz work very well. But a gold painted sting is Quite good on judgement. Not as tight as a Gold 0, but close.
Does it matter if you have a painted 0? On some Lord combos I used I had 0Cross on it with the 0 being not painted but it was actually really tight for a normal disc like that..
(Oct. 14, 2019  3:19 AM)MrBlade Wrote:
(Oct. 14, 2019  3:13 AM)DeceasedCrab Wrote: I saw a fair amount of Blitz at the tournament. I saw it on Judgement and I saw it on Lord. You know why: because if you don't have a decently heavy painted disc, the slightly wide prongs of Blitz work very well. But a gold painted sting is Quite good on judgement. Not as tight as a Gold 0, but close.
Does it matter if you have a painted 0? On some Lord combos I used I had 0Cross on it with the 0 being not painted but it was actually really tight for a normal disc like that..

0 works fine for Lord. You only need at painted one for Judgement. From my experience, basically every top tier disc works with Lord's burst stoppers except 00, which seems to be thinner.

what happened to atomic and mobile stamina ps if your worried about bearing just use a reverse dead gravity with xterme'

I'm struggling to understand why Around was used on Ardmore Blader's LS combo. Any thoughts why he used it vs the everyday 0Wall setup?
(Oct. 19, 2019  8:38 PM)Infinite.Zero Wrote: I'm struggling to understand why Around was used on Ardmore Blader's LS combo. Any thoughts why he used it vs the everyday 0Wall setup?
It’s much better than 0W in same spin, and you can launch it harder without worrying about Wall scraping and self KOing. It also didn’t go up against anything particularly powerful in opposite spin anyway.