Winning Combinations at WBO Organized Play Events

(Sep. 10, 2019  6:35 PM)LazerBeamz Wrote:
(Sep. 10, 2019  6:17 PM)XXSYPHERXX Wrote: Typically people generally prefer Cz-A over Cz-V since Cz-A has better attack power with the burst stoppers activated and deactivated i just assumed it was a mistake iv seen lot of people make it.

I see what you mean. The Cz-A/Cz-V confusion is not a mistake I've personally seen on Winning Combos lists. Usually, organizers take great care to make sure the info they take down for Winning Combos is accurate. However, just assuming a recorded combo is a mistake is a hefty assumption. It is not unusual for atypical combos to make these lists.

OK thanks for clearing that up for me.
Qc' As Lightning Winning Combos

Yami - First Place
Valkyrie Armed Gyro
Valkyrie Gravity Fusion'
Deathscyther Armed Bullet
Neptune Armed Bullet
Minaboros Oval Merge' (Deck Finals Only)

DeceasedCrab - Second Place
Anubion A2 Gravity Yard-S
Odin Heavy Blow
Odin Knuckle Blow (Deck Finals Only)
Valkyrie Heavy Quick'(Deck Finals Only)

LeftBurst - Third Place
Horusood Spread Edge
Driger Heavy Eternal
Valkyrie Gravity Charge
(Sep. 11, 2019  3:36 AM)The Supreme One Wrote: Qc' As Lightning Winning Combos

LeftBurst - Third Place
Horusood Spread Edge
Driger Heavy Eternal
Valkyrie Gravity Charge
LeftBurst with that stock Cheeto. Smile

Looks lit, I wonder what could've the combos been if Variable' has been released before then. Quite surprised with seeing Bullet on the top, since my abysmal experience with it on my testings.
(Sep. 11, 2019  4:03 AM)Rouzuke Wrote: Looks lit, I wonder what could've the combos been if Variable' has been released before then. Quite surprised with seeing Bullet on the top, since my abysmal experience with it on my testings.
Perhaps the extra weight added KO resistance.
(Sep. 11, 2019  4:06 AM)Dash Driver Wrote:
(Sep. 11, 2019  4:03 AM)Rouzuke Wrote: Looks lit, I wonder what could've the combos been if Variable' has been released before then. Quite surprised with seeing Bullet on the top, since my abysmal experience with it on my testings.
Perhaps the extra weight added KO resistance.

Still, the tip of Bullet isn't really going to give any stamina for that especially when the drone gets deployed. Either the opponent had bad luck or simply there is something with Bullet partnered with lighter Single Layers.

LeftBurst - Third Place
Horusood Spread Edge
Driger Heavy Eternal
Valkyrie Gravity Charge

Wow, left burst actually used cheeto. That's some dedication.
(Ice) Cream the Competition - 9/07/2019
Bayamón, PR

1st Place: Jeriel1000
Lord Spriggan Blitz Orbit Metal (Left Spin)
Lord Spriggan 0Wall Bearing (Left Spin) (Deck Format Finals Only)
Dread Bahamut Gen 00Bump Octa (Deck Format Finals Only)

2nd Place: Barreto
LC Perfect Phoenix 10Cross Xtend+
Lord Spriggan 0Wall Bearing (Left Spin)
Zwei Fafnir Metsu Vanguard Xtreme' (Deck Format Finals Only)

3rd Place: Shu - Curenai
Lord Spriggan Blitz Orbit Metal (Don't remember spin direction, I believe it was Right Spin)

Yes, Shu - Curenai got to 3rd with only that combo.
(Sep. 11, 2019  4:56 AM)Rouzuke Wrote:
(Sep. 11, 2019  4:06 AM)Dash Driver Wrote: Perhaps the extra weight added KO resistance.

Still, the tip of Bullet isn't really going to give any stamina for that especially when the drone gets deployed. Either the opponent had bad luck or simply there is something with Bullet partnered with lighter Single Layers.

There was no "bad luck" about it, and the bullet didn't even really deploy. Bullet, aside from having a tip like Accel and being a bit on the heavy side, is incredibly tall. It raises the height of a layer so much that your disc will be colliding with their layer. Get a near smooth/circular disc like Armed, and suddenly you run into real problems. It's defensive enough that Valkyrie burst against it, it's got some decent stamina from both Deathscyther and Bullet, and if your layer is tall enough to reach the Deathscyther layer you suddenly start getting attacked from a fairly nasty single layer.

EDIT: For the record, I believe the final score was 6-2. Bullet didn't deploy, I don't recall it doing so. It managed to destabilize and outspin my Anubion A2, I don't remember it bursting. It was defensive enough against Valkyrie to burst it. And I know the Odin was a longshot but I was hoping it would destroy it like it destroys most stamina combos. No luck, it burst against the raised Armed disc, and that was that.
(Sep. 11, 2019  5:32 AM)Barreto Wrote: (Ice) Cream the Competition - 9/07/2019
Bayamón, PR

1st Place: Jeriel1000
Lord Spriggan Blitz Orbit Metal (Left Spin)
Lord Spriggan 0Wall Bearing (Left Spin) (Deck Format Finals Only)
Dread Bahamut 00Bump Octa (Deck Format Finals Only)

2nd Place: Barreto
LC Perfect Phoenix 10Cross Xtend+
Lord Spriggan 0Wall Bearing (Left Spin)
Zwei Fafnir Metsu Vanguard Xtreme' (Deck Format Finals Only)

3rd Place: Shu - Curenai
Lord Spriggan Blitz Orbit Metal (Don't remember spin direction, I believe it was Right Spin)

Yes, Shu - Curenai got to 3rd with only that combo.

Was that Dread Bahamut combo equipped with a gen weight?
(Sep. 05, 2019  11:35 AM)CitrusNinja3 Wrote:
(Sep. 05, 2019  6:36 AM)eigerblade Wrote: Wow, Orb Egis Xtreme'
Kudos for finding such an uncommon but effective combo

Orb Egis literally works on everything lol

yup! It’s a great layer! 
(Sep. 11, 2019  6:13 PM)bblader/90 Wrote: Was that Dread Bahamut combo equipped with a gen weight?

That is correct, forgot to add it.
Mandala Beyclash #2
9-7-19

Winning Combinations

1st Place
Shindog

1) Zwei Diabolos.10Expand.Variable Dash
2) Zwei Diabolos.10Expand.Destroy Dash
3)Judgement Diabolos.Blitz.Octa
4)Judgment Ashura.Blitz.Octa Goku (deck format only)
5) Lord Bahamut.0Wall.Br (deck format only)
6) Level Chip Perfect Phoenix.00Cross.Xt+ (deck format only).

2nd Place
NightmareGoku

(Combos currently unknown).  :(

3rd Place
applemclaughter

1) Lord Spriggan around bearing
2) Judgment diaboros 0 bump octa
3) Level Chip Perfect Phoenix 00 cross Xt+
(Sep. 12, 2019  4:43 AM)poliswag Wrote: Mandala Beyclash #2
9-7-19

Winning Combinations

1st Place
Shindog

1) Zwei Diabolos.10Expand.Variable Dash
2) Zwei Diabolos.10Expand.Destroy Dash
3)Judgement Diabolos.Blitz.Octa
4)Judgment Ashura.Blitz.Octa Goku (deck format only)
5) Lord Bahamut.0Wall.Br (deck format only)
6) Level Chip Perfect Phoenix.00Cross.Xt+ (deck format only).

2nd Place
NightmareGoku

(Combos currently unknown).  Unhappy

3rd Place
applemclaughter

1) Lord Spriggan around bearing
2) Judgment diaboros 0 bump octa
3) Perfect Phoenix 00 cross Xt+

Dang, now V' makes its move. And Goku to boot!
(Mar. 02, 2011  6:30 PM)BladeStorm Wrote:
(Mar. 02, 2011  6:26 PM)Kai-V Wrote: If he cannot post himself and that you know for sure what his combination was, OK.

Well we are as close as 2 bladers can be.

Legend of the Bey:

Earth Leone DF105WD  
MF-H Hell Leone 230D
MF Gravity Perseus D125RF

Feb-Bey-ary Freeze:

MF-H Basalt Cancer 230D
MF-H Basalt Cancer 230CS

As someone new help me out in the nomenclature you are using
(Sep. 17, 2019  1:34 AM)JPennar Wrote:
(Mar. 02, 2011  6:30 PM)BladeStorm Wrote: Well we are as close as 2 bladers can be.

Legend of the Bey:

Earth Leone DF105WD  
MF-H Hell Leone 230D
MF Gravity Perseus D125RF

Feb-Bey-ary Freeze:

MF-H Basalt Cancer 230D
MF-H Basalt Cancer 230CS

As someone new help me out in the nomenclature you are using

You... just quoted a post from 2011. For Metal Fight Beyblade.

That's an older series of beys, but even then it's just a list of parts and initials.
JPennar
Please do us all a favor and stop replying to posts in threads that are 8 years old. It's rude. The people who wrote that might not be active members anymore, and it clutters up the recent threads with old stuff. If it's more than a couple months old, consider very carefully before replying to that post. If it's for a dormant community region you're in, maybe respond, but only once you have made sure there aren't more recent threads that apply.
(Sep. 17, 2019  5:03 AM)DeceasedCrab Wrote: JPennar
Please do us all a favor and stop replying to posts in threads that are 8 years old. It's rude. The people who wrote that might not be active members anymore, and it clutters up the recent threads with old stuff. If it's more than a couple months old, consider very carefully before replying to that post. If it's for a dormant community region you're in, maybe respond, but only once you have made sure there aren't more recent threads that apply.

Where is the thread age information?

He's new. You don't have to be rude about it.

(Sep. 17, 2019  2:55 PM)JPennar Wrote:

Where is the thread age information?

I'm pretty sure the post says the time it was posted. Just be careful next time.
1234BEYBLADE 100K (this is epic) - 8/31/19
Toronto, ON, Canada - Burst Format

[Image: KeGbJXo.jpg]

1st: Justin TC
Lord Spriggan 0 Cross Xtend Plus
Balkesh B3 00 Wall Bearing
Judgment Joker Blitz Xtreme Dash Zan (Deck Format Finals Only)

2nd: henwooja1
LC Archer Hercules 0 Cross Xtend Plus
Zwei Longinus 10 Bump Orbit Metal Zan
Balkesh B3 00 Wall Bearing

3rd: OldSchool™
LC Archer Hercules 0 Cross Xtend Plus
LC Archer Hercules 00 Xtend Plus

4th: HopieNinja

It's a Lord Spriggan, Balkesh B3, Judgment, Zwei, Archer Hercules kind of world out there right now ... lol. This trend continued into BEY OR DIE II this past weekend as well which I will post later.

LS Xt+ seems to have taken away some of the popularity from aH Xt+ in Toronto since this event happened, but it's interesting to me seeing how aH doesn't seem to have seen much or any use at all in other regions in the same way that it has here in Toronto. I wonder why that is. Perfect Phoenix seems more common in the US, despite my feeling that aH performs better against Zwei than pP.

I also feel that the meta in Toronto has steered away from attack over the past month or two. When Zwei and Judgment were introduced they were just obliterating everything even in the first stage, but now it feels like players have become more careful of their usage of them to a certain degree. It's still very much present in the final stage, but not so much in the first stage.

In thinking about how the metagame has evolved over the past year, it's interesting for me because as I begin to look at things now, I have this feeling that attack types have ironically actually become harder to use. I was one of the seemingly few people who was able to find consistent success with Xtreme Dash based Attack types pre-Judgment and Zwei. Part of the reason for that was because in a metagame where everyone was using stamina, using attack–and using it well–was a way to separate yourself from the pack competitively.

Now, with the more natural power of Judgment and Zwei even on setups that aren't hyper aggressive, it was harder to maintain that same advantage when they were first released. There was little point in competing in mirror matches between hyper aggressive attack types.

With the shift back to more traditional stamina types in Toronto however, we are back at a point where it seems attack is what you can use to separate yourself. Justin TC has proven this many times lately.

However, the introduction of Lord Spriggan has made things tricky. Judgment and Zwei can certainly deal with it, but there also seems to be many cases where they suffer intense recoil and self-KO in matches against things like LS Xt+ (where LS Xt+ gets the wall-save). So, despite their power they don't always feel "safe" to me in that sort of matchup. It's not like Judgment X' versus Balkesh B3 Br, or last year how I felt with nL vs. hS or 超V vs. aH or pP where as the attack user you don't really have much to worry about beyond shooting well. It's things like this that make me wonder what the best way to use attack types is right now.

With the increased frequency of events we've been having here in Toronto (and surrounding areas) this summer, I wonder if that has impacted the development of the metagame at all as well; perhaps players have had less time to reflect and test new ideas than they might normally.

I'm sure there's something I'm missing, so I'll continue searching for what feels best to me going into our next event.
I'm surprised Dread Bahamut Gen hasn't replaced Balkesh yet. It's not as unburstable, but it's heavier and gets KOed less.

I am pleased to learn that aH is still viable.
(Sep. 19, 2019  5:04 AM)DeceasedCrab Wrote: I'm surprised Dread Bahamut Gen hasn't replaced Balkesh yet. It's not as unburstable, but it's heavier and gets KOed less.

If I remember correctly, B3 was used bc of its immense opposite spin capabilities. It is said to be better than hS, LS, Sr, CzS, and WF in opposite spin procession. If Dread happens to outclass B3 in opposite spin, I am certain people like Kei would have already known by now.
(Sep. 19, 2019  5:04 AM)DeceasedCrab Wrote: I'm surprised Dread Bahamut Gen hasn't replaced Balkesh yet. It's not as unburstable, but it's heavier and gets KOed less.

It’s been used by some people as of late (I think WonderMax did well with it at an event here that I didn’t attend). I’ve actually found DB pretty easy to KO, but I should test with it more.

The Gen Weight is still one of the most interesting parts to me; I’d like to find a way to make it feel viable to me beyond just specific scenarios. The weight loss is a tough pill to swallow, though.
LA HMS Brawl #3: Caged BeyFight
9/21/2019
South Pasadena, California, USA-HMS Format

1st- ThaKingTai
-Circle Upper.Circle Balance.Grip Flat Core
-Fox Upper.Circle Wide.Metal Change Core(deck format only)

2nd- Meliodas
-Wolf Crusher.Circle Wide.Bearing Core
-Advanced Survivor.Circle Wide.Metal Sharp Core
-Metal Upper.Circle Balance.Bushin Core(deck format only)
-Fox Upper.Circle Balance.Metal Flat Core(deck format only)

3rd- UltimateMaster
Wolf Crusher.Circle Wide.Bearing Core
Wolf Crusher.Customize Weight Disk FreeCross.Bear Core
Metal Upper.Circle Balance.Bushin Core (deck format only)
Fox Upper.Circle Balance.Metal Flat Core (deck format only)
(Sep. 22, 2019  6:36 AM)Shindog Wrote: LA HMS Brawl #3: Caged BeyFight
9/21/2019
South Pasadena, California, USA-HMS Format

1st- ThaKingTai
-Circle Upper.Circle Balance.Grip Flat Core
-Fox Upper.Circle Wide.Metal Change Core(deck format only)

2nd- Meliodas
-Wolf Crusher.Circle Wide.Bearing Core
-Advanced Survivor.Circle Wide.Metal Sharp Core
-Metal Upper.Circle Balance.Bushin Core(deck format only)
-Fox Upper.Circle Balance.Metal Flat Core(deck format only)

3rd- UltimateMaster
Wolf Crusher.Circle Wide.Bearing Core
Wolf Crusher.Customize Weight Disk FreeCross.Bear Core
Metal Upper.Circle Balance.Bushin Core (deck format only)
Fox Upper.Circle Balance.Metal Flat Core (deck format only)

Best.Tournement.Ever