Winning Combinations at WBO Organized Play Events

Abandoned by the Based Samurai
London, UK - 17/02/18

1st - ~Mana~
Ark Bahamut 7Glaive Bearing
Ark Bahamut 0Glaive Bearing
Spriggan Requiem 0 Destroy
Maximum Garuda 4Glaive Orbit (Deck Finals only)

2nd - @[V2KX]
Maximum Garuda 4Glaive Orbit
Drain Fafnir 2Vortex Atomic
Twin Nemesis 2Cross Revolve
Sieg Xcalibur 1Cross Variable (Deck Finals Only)

3rd - @[Ultra]
Spriggan Requiem 0 Revolve
Maximum Garuda 4Glaive Atomic
Twin Nemesis 7Meteor Xtreme

Ark Bahamut for MVP today, right guys? I preached about it for weeks, and it did it's job when it mattered Wink

Otherwise, nice to see Maximum Garuda back in play. It's still a very strong option in competitive play, but it does lose to Bearing combos quite handily, so there's an interesting balance there.

Good to see Twin Nemesis getting some use following the release of the booster as well, as 99% of the London attendees hadn't had it prior to this event. Some interesting combos coming out using it, and some were rather scary to watch as well honestly. Shall be interesting to see how well that holds up going forward as well.
I'm gonna have to do some testing myself for Ark Bahamut on Bearing and update the Draft
Between Down The Drain and the last two tournaments, I think most of us may have cast poor judgement on aB, lol.
In my experience aB tanks nearly everything thrown at it, I regularly pick it up after match ups with strong attack combos just to find it lost no clicks. In retrospect I should have used my aB against Kei's nL, even in same-spin fights aB is a brick wall and rarely bursts. I typically don't risk it on Bearing, but as long as it's not against another left spin it can be very useful.
Pretty much what Alta said above. I think the only issue I've had with using aB is when it's against sX honestly. Otherwise, it holds up much better than people believe. It's been disregarded too soon based on it having subpar teeth, which I'd say you basically need to embrace to make it work.
(Feb. 23, 2018  3:24 AM)~Mana~ Wrote: Pretty much what Alta said above. I think the only issue I've had with using aB is when it's against sX honestly. Otherwise, it holds up much better than people believe. It's been disregarded too soon based on it having subpar teeth, which I'd say you basically need to embrace to make it work.

Ah. That explains it. My Legend Spriggan's teeth wore out so I mostly stopped using it and started using Sieg Xcalibur as my main Attack Type Layer for testing
(Feb. 23, 2018  3:24 AM)~Mana~ Wrote: Pretty much what Alta said above. I think the only issue I've had with using aB is when it's against sX honestly. Otherwise, it holds up much better than people believe. It's been disregarded too soon based on it having subpar teeth, which I'd say you basically need to embrace to make it work.

Huh, all the newish releases have a niche. I like that. Though Chozetsu beys will probably annihilate that niche lol.
@[~Mana~] does aB have more stamina than sR?

(Feb. 23, 2018  2:01 AM)Alta Wrote: In my experience aB tanks nearly everything thrown at it, I regularly pick it up after a match ups with strong attack combos just to find it lost no clicks. In retrospect I should have used my aB against Kei's nL, even in same-spin fights aB is a brick wall and rarely bursts. I typically don't risk it on Bearing, but as long as it's not against another left spin it can be very useful.

Rarely bursting is one thing, but can aB withstand being KOed by nL on Xtreme? Especially on something like Bearing or Atomic. In any case, I'll have to test it more because I really didn't that much when it came out after some bad first impressions.

TN managed to burst it too in our free play.
aB on Ds seems to have no real issue with right spin attackers, that was displayed at the last LA event when it completely cancelled the effects of sX 3 to 0. When aB is spinning slowly it can tank most right spin attackers, but Destroy definitely allows it to be spun much faster and still resist bursting.

I have not tested it against nL a great deal, but it appears to resist KOs effectively against attackers in general.
Here in Spain as there are no tournaments usually I make my solo tournaments with the beys I have, and the finalist are always aB stock and Sr with destroy, and as they mention above attackers only swing around aB, it tanks all the attacks in slow spin, I found that tN in upper mode tends to do more damage to it tho
(Feb. 23, 2018  10:57 AM)Alta Wrote: aB on Ds seems to have no real issue with right spin attackers, that was displayed at the last LA event when it completely cancelled the effects of sX 3 to 0. When aB is spinning slowly it can tank most right spin attackers, but Destroy definitely allows it to be spun much faster and still resist bursting.

I have not tested it against nL a great deal, but it appears to resist KOs effectively against attackers in general.

Interesting to hear. I guess Bearing is definitely the factor that ruins its defence against sX then if Destroy works better for it.

Guess I better look into some more Driver options ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
(Feb. 21, 2018  9:39 PM)Kei Wrote: Kei vs. The World: The Wakanda Trials - 2/17/2018
Los Angeles, California, USA - Burst Format

1st: Kei
Spriggan Requiem 7 Bump Bearing
MGC Maximum Garuda 7 Star Orbit
Spriggan Requiem 0 Bump Bearing (Deck Format Finals Only)
Nightmare Longinus Meteor Xtreme (Deck Format Finals Only)
MGC Maximum Garuda 0 Bump Orbit (Deck Format Finals Only)
Quick Question:- Why you switched to 0 from 7 in Finals? Is 0 better then 7? or just for its increased weight for more KO defence?
(Feb. 23, 2018  10:57 AM)Alta Wrote: aB on Ds seems to have no real issue with right spin attackers, that was displayed at the last LA event when it completely cancelled the effects of sX 3 to 0. When aB is spinning slowly it can tank most right spin attackers, but Destroy definitely allows it to be spun much faster and still resist bursting.

Well, that almost goes without saying. Opposite spin Destroy-based combos always do well against attackers in the opposite spin direction. aB on Ds vs. nL on X would be a bit of a coin toss since aB could get lucky and avoid it, but I feel like on something like Atomic or Bearing, it would be unlikely to be able to win consistently. I'll have to test it, though. Attack types in the same spin direction as their opponent almost always do better than against opposite spin (for example, nL does really badly against dC).

(Feb. 23, 2018  4:15 PM)FIREFIRE CPB Wrote: Quick Question:- Why you switched to 0 from 7 in Finals? Is 0 better then 7? or just for its increased weight for more KO defence?

In both cases I was using 7 on Deep Chaos combos to create the best Stamina combo possible. Having 7 on mG and sR wasn't as important, so I used 0 instead. I just didn't end up needing to use dC in any of my matches in the finals.
According to my experience, aB works pretty good when it’s opponent have good stamina, but would be very dangerous when its opponent have terrible stamina such as sX...
I actually posted some Ark Bahamut testing I did earlier this year here, and a lot of what other people have been observing about its performance seems to match up with what I noticed too, but I didn't seem to be getting the same results for whatever reason. aB beats Attack when it's weak launched, but the problem comes when you're up against another Stamina type, I didn't find it as good at spin equalizing as dF was (aB.7G.Ds couldn't OS aC.7G.At for me while dF.7G.At was more consistent) and I also found that it self-bursted a lot against another left spin Stamina type (since in that case, you would need to launch hard in order to outspin). Aside from slightly better performance against left spin Attack (for which a weak launched dF was still passable in my testing) I didn't really see a reason to use it over dF, and now that Sr has more or less outclassed dF I don't think I would use it over Sr either. It just seemed like a left spin Odin but worse to me since at least Odin didn't burst when you hard launched it vs Stamina, but I can give it another try in a few weeks though.
The Day of Reckoning
(Mumbai, MH, India - 18/03/2018)

MFB
1st Place:- Eurekaboy
Reviser Dragoon 90WD
Genbu Genbu E230WD
Flash Capricorn 90MF

2nd Place:- AaryanBITW
Reviser Kraken E230WD
Reviser Dragoon BD
Reviser Dragoon 85WD

3rd Place:- Alpha Blader
Bahamadia Dragoon BD145MF
Dragoon Dragoon 85WD 
Twisted Tempo 90MF
Bahamadia Zirago BD145MF (deck format only)
Genbu Genbu E230WD

Honourable mention
Spoilt Spoiler (Click to View)
Today's event was full of Dragoon. Almost all members used it. Other then that E230s did pretty well today. Attacker were little weak today despite all had good launch today. Excited to see what happens next event!

Burst

1st Place:- Snidmist
Drain Fafnir 7Bump/Glaive Atomic
Sieg Xcalibur 1Hit Xtreme

2nd Place:- Eurekaboy
Drain Fafnir 7Bump/Glaive Atomic
Dark Deathscther Knuckle Gyro

3rd Place:- AaryanBITW
Dark Deathscther Knuckle Gyro

you will be extremely shocked to see) honourable mention
genbu-spoiler (Click to View)
Today also Drain Fafnir dominated. But God Attacker were able to KO it. So its balanced out, I guess. D2 was 2nd most dominant combo of today. It stoped both my LS and Snidmist's sX somehow (even though it lost to both in free play). Against both it won by 3-2.

So why didn't I placed with such a good deck? (Click to View)
But event was very fun. One of best I attended. I'm excited for next one #RevengeofDefeat
(Mar. 19, 2018  10:29 PM)doomlord Wrote: so what do we do here

Read first post.

Also do read rules https://worldbeyblade.org/Announcement-Community-Rules
(Mar. 19, 2018  10:51 PM)FIREFIRE CPB Wrote:
(Mar. 19, 2018  10:29 PM)doomlord Wrote: so what do we do here

Read first post.

Also do read rules https://worldbeyblade.org/Announcement-Community-Rules

ok I get it now
TO BURST OR NOT TO BURST 2 - 3/17/2018
Toronto, Ontario, Canada - Burst Format

1st: Kei
Spriggan Requiem 7 Bearing
Spriggan Requiem 7 Bump Bearing
MGC Maximum Garuda 7 Star Orbit
Nightmare Longinus Bump Xtreme (Deck Format Finals Only)
Deep Chaos 0 Revolve (Deck Format Finals Only)
Spriggan Requiem 0 Bump Bearing (Deck Format Finals Only)

2nd: jamie
Spriggan Requiem 0 Bump Destroy
Maximum Garuda 4 Cross Orbit
Drain Fafnir 7 Glaive Octa

3rd: SUGOI-KONICHEWA
Spriggan Requiem 0 Glaive Destroy
Spriggan Requiem 0 Glaive Bearing
Twin Nemesis 7 Meteor Xtreme (Deck Format Finals Only)
Nightmare Longinus Variable (Deck Format Finals Only)
Nightmare Longinus Destroy (Deck Format Finals Only)

Results spreadsheet - https://drive.google.com/open?id=1no5W8T...wIJo5qssDw
(Mar. 20, 2018  11:56 PM)OldSchool™ Wrote: 3rd: SUGOI-KONICHEWA
Spriggan Requiem 0 Glaive Destory
Lost Longinus 3 Zeta (Deck Format Finals Only)
Nightmare Longinus Destory (Deck Format Finals Only)

@[SUGOI-KONICHEWA], you won rounds with all of those in the Deck Finals? What did L2.3.Zt beat?
(Mar. 21, 2018  1:54 AM)Kei Wrote:
(Mar. 20, 2018  11:56 PM)OldSchool™ Wrote: 3rd: SUGOI-KONICHEWA
Spriggan Requiem 0 Glaive Destory
Lost Longinus 3 Zeta (Deck Format Finals Only)
Nightmare Longinus Destory (Deck Format  Finals Only)

@[SUGOI-KONICHEWA], you won rounds with all of those in the Deck Finals? What did L2.3.Zt beat?

Wait, L2 won nothing. It was just there in my deck, gathering dust
(Mar. 22, 2018  8:47 PM)SUGOI-KONICHEWA Wrote: Wait, L2 won nothing. It was just there in my deck, gathering dust

Haha. There's no need to list it, then. The only combinations you should list are those that either won a match in the first stage or won at least one round in the finals. I'll update the list.