Winning Combinations at WBO Organized Play Events

3 things
sO only won cuz I self KOed it didn't really make any contact so I feel like that's inconclusive at all

I used gK 7G At in one match to hard counter dF and mG 4G O in deck only no MGC.

And I only used bR because I knew my opponent was gonna go dF and bR is also a hard counter to it as most right spins are now so whatever, just wanted to add more diverse combos to my winning list.
(Sep. 11, 2017  3:03 AM)1234beyblade Wrote: 3 things
sO only won cuz I self KOed it didn't really make any contact so I feel like that's inconclusive at all

I used gK 7G At in one match to hard counter dF and mG 4G O in deck only no MGC.

Pretty sure you didn't self KO in every round; and those where you did are probably because you had to try and launch hard to catch it stalling around the ridge. In any case, nobody reading it should jump to conclusions; not trying to make a case for it necessarily being the best choice for that type of combo. It was good enough to get the job done, but whether or not it's the best would require testing. I mainly just wanted to use Shadow Orichalcum because it's new and cool haha.

Oh, I'll add them to the list!
tbh I think launching hard is not the answer, Variable itself has a lot of speed so I think i would've had a better chance of winning with a mid launch. Gonna have to test it out and see how it plays out.
(Jul. 23, 2017  11:18 AM)chips556 Wrote: as I'd expected, mG is like burst's basalt, a completely circular layer on the outer & beats almost everything, has anyone tried d2 against mG yet ?

mG has a bump on it a small one just like basalt ^__^
(Sep. 11, 2017  11:09 AM)ZYeYO Wrote:
(Jul. 23, 2017  11:18 AM)chips556 Wrote: as I'd expected, mG is like burst's basalt, a completely circular layer on the outer & beats almost everything, has anyone tried d2 against mG yet ?

mG has a bump on it a small one just like basalt ^__^

Judging by D2's shape, it might have a chance.
Star 'Tryek (HAS BST) - 09/23/2017
Roanoke, Virginia, USA - Hasbro Only Burst Format

1st: BeyBladeRuler
Kerbeus Gravity Defense

2nd: CaptainSparkles
Kerbeus Gravity Defense

3rd: ShadowSkater
Dark Doomscizor Gravity Claw
Evipero Wing Needle
Storm Spryzen Central Revolve

The sheer number of double bursts I saw over the course of this event has pretty much turned me off from ever wanting to host or attend another Hasbro Only Burst event, lol.
umm no attacks at all? from what I heard Kerbeus has weaker slopes + less tightness of defence then how can someone place ONLY using it.
no roktavor in winning combos?im suprised.
(Oct. 03, 2017  2:39 AM)Angry Face Wrote: 1st: BeyBladeRuler
Kerbeus Gravity Defense

Kerbeus Gravity Defense

Hasbro Only Burst Format finally reveals its true form in Virginia.

(Although, that probably should have been Survive and not Defense; that probably would have decreased the double Burst Finishes)
(Oct. 03, 2017  8:19 PM)Kei Wrote:
(Oct. 03, 2017  2:39 AM)Angry Face Wrote: 1st: BeyBladeRuler
Kerbeus Gravity Defense

Kerbeus Gravity Defense

Hasbro Only Burst Format finally reveals its true form in Virginia.

(Although, that probably should have been Survive and not Defense; that probably would have decreased the double Burst Finishes)

Oh no, it wasn't even Kerbeus that was double bursting; it was all the Dark Doomscizors, haha.
(Oct. 04, 2017  12:47 AM)Angry Face Wrote:
(Oct. 03, 2017  8:19 PM)Kei Wrote: Hasbro Only Burst Format finally reveals its true form in Virginia.

Oh no, it wasn't even Kerbeus that was double bursting; it was all the Dark Doomscizors, haha.

Well that used to happen standard as well with the takara d2s
Either the players dont have acess to the new hasbro release or they just didnt wanted to try new stuff. There are plenty of attackers in hasbro releases now. We have z2,i2 etc but no one tests them thats why the meta is like this. We should identify op layers through testing and ban them to make the meta balanced or maybe through testing find new attackers which can take out things kike yegdrion and kerbeus
(Oct. 04, 2017  9:05 AM)Rebel Blader Wrote: Either the players  dont have acess to the new hasbro release or they just didnt wanted to try new stuff. There are plenty of attackers in hasbro releases now. We have z2,i2 etc but no one tests them thats why the meta is like this. We should identify op layers through testing and ban them to make the meta balanced or maybe through testing find new attackers which can take out things like yegdrion and kerbeus
the newest blades in my area would be the golden xcalius and the two pack with yegdrion y2 and rokatvor r2. I have yet to find anything like z2 in the wild and they're mad expensive online too($35-40 for a two pack? No thanks.)
(Oct. 04, 2017  9:05 AM)Rebel Blader Wrote: Either the players dont have acess to the new hasbro release or they just didnt wanted to try new stuff. There are plenty of attackers in hasbro releases now. We have z2,i2 etc but no one tests them thats why the meta is like this. We should identify op layers through testing and ban them to make the meta balanced or maybe through testing find new attackers which can take out things kike yegdrion and kerbeus

Hasbro has bad distribution. We JUST got Ygdreion here, and I've only seen O2 and U2 a few times, B2 and E.
(Oct. 04, 2017  5:13 PM)Suzaku-X Wrote:
(Oct. 04, 2017  9:05 AM)Rebel Blader Wrote: Either the players dont have acess to the new hasbro release or they just didnt wanted to try new stuff. There are plenty of attackers in hasbro releases now. We have z2,i2 etc but no one tests them thats why the meta is like this. We should identify op layers through testing and ban them to make the meta balanced or maybe through testing find new attackers which can take out things kike yegdrion and kerbeus

Hasbro has bad distribution. We JUST got Ygdreion here, and I've only seen O2 and U2 a few times, B2 and E.

Same. I live on the outer banks so I guess that is why. when I go up to my grandma's house up in Virginia I will check the walmarts up there to see if they have the next wave. Honestly I am expecting my nearby walmart to get the next wave once tourist season starts up again (late next spring) but i am hoping that it will be there before then.
I am really suprised at the fact that the roktavor and xcalius layers are weak against yegdrion and kerbeus i mean they are pretty good layers.roktavor even did ok.if yegdrion is that op why isnt its banned yet.actually the hasbro beys havent been properly  tested imo
(Oct. 04, 2017  6:34 PM)Rebel Blader Wrote: I am really suprised at the fact that the roktavor and xcalius layers are weak against yegdrion and kerbeus i mean they are pretty good layers.roktavor even did ok.if yegdrion is that op why isnt its banned yet.actually the hasbro beys havent been properly  tested imo

Nothing is really proper ally tested anymore
JUDGMENT BEY - 09/23/2017
Toronto, Ontario, Canada - Burst Format

1st: 1234beyblade
Maximum Garuda (Metal God Chip) 7 Glaive Atomic
Galaxy Zeus (Metal God Chip) 7 Glaive Atomic
Alter Chronos 7 Glaive Atomic
Sieg Xcalibur 7 Meteor Atomic
Drain Fafnir 7 Glaive Atomic
Guardian Kerbeus 4 Glaive Revolve (Deck Format Finals Only)
Maximum Garuda (Metal God Chip) 7 Cross Orbit (Deck Format Finals Only)
Maximum Garuda (Metal God Chip) 7 Cross Atomic (Deck Format Finals Only)
Drain Fafnir 5 Meteor Atomic (Deck Format Finals Only)

2nd: OldSchool™
Odin Heavy Revolve
Wyvern Knuckle Revolve
Drain Fafnir Polish Revolve
Drain Fafnir Polish Yielding (Deck Format Finals Only)
Dark Deathscyther Spread Defense (Deck Format Finals Only)

3rd: Kei
Dark Deathscyther 4 Glaive Atomic
Sieg Xcalibur (Metal God Chip) 2 Cross Xtreme
Maximum Garuda (Metal God Chip) 4 Glaive Atomic
Sieg Xcalibur (Metal God Chip) 2 Cross Atomic
Galaxy Zeus (Metal God Chip) 4 Glaive Atomic
Drain Fafnir  2 Cross Atomic (Deck Format Finals Only)

Will talk about this one once I get around to doing my tournament report, but here's the winning combos! This was our first event with Sieg Xcalibur having been released and D/D2 available for the first time in months after being unbanned. Props to OldSchool for being able to place second using what he did haha.
Sieg Xcalibur on Atomic?
That's an, odd choice...
(Oct. 11, 2017  4:33 AM)Mage Wrote: Sieg Xcalibur on Atomic?
That's an, odd choice...

It must have worked since Kei and 1234beyblade placed with a Sieg Xcalibur with Atomic combo.
(Oct. 11, 2017  2:36 AM)Kei Wrote: 2nd: OldSchool™
Odin Heavy Revolve
Wyvern Knuckle Revolve

Props to OldSchool for being able to place second using what he did haha.

Chief - Hmm ...
Who says you need the newest and best parts to win? haha
(Oct. 11, 2017  11:36 AM)OldSchool™ Wrote:
(Oct. 11, 2017  2:36 AM)Kei Wrote: 2nd: OldSchool™
Odin Heavy Revolve
Wyvern Knuckle Revolve

Props to OldSchool for being able to place second using what he did haha.

Chief - Hmm ...
Who says you need the newest and best parts to win? haha

How did u win using these outdated combos could u explain?
It is cool to see how creative some of the winning combos are. Now I wonder how the idea of sX on At came about.
(Oct. 11, 2017  4:33 AM)Mage Wrote: Sieg Xcalibur on Atomic?
That's an, odd choice...

Is it? sX is powerful enough to KO things without a huge amount of movement, and with Atomic it forces opponents into launching harder than they would against something like Xtreme so that they don't get OSed.

(Oct. 11, 2017  11:55 AM)Rebel Blader Wrote: How did u win using these outdated combos could u explain?

I don't know about all of his matches, but he was luckily able to beat my mG with Drain Fafnir Polish Revolve via Burst Finishes somehow ... first time I ever lost with mG and it broke my insanely long winning streak lol. In retrospect, I was launching too hard.

Then in the finals, 1234beyblade and I were unluckily matched up for the first round (I also had a couple other losses that were mainly my fault, which put me in the finals as the 4th seed), so OldSchool was able to avoid both of us, and win his match against Tahoor to advance to the finals against 1234beyblade.
Kei Vs. The World: NYC- 10/08/2017
Brooklyn, New York, United States - Burst Format

1st - Kei
MGC Maximum Garuda 7 Glaive Orbit
MGC Maximum Garuda Ωuter Orbit
Drain Fafnir 7 Glaive Atomic
Drain Fafnir 7 Glaive Ωcta
MGC Sieg Xcalibur 7 Meteor Trans
Maximum Garuda 7 Glaive Atomic (Deck Format Finals Only)
Guardian Kerbeus Ωuter Revolve (Deck Format Finals Only)
Drain Fafnir 2 Cross Ωcta (Deck Format Finals Only)
Drain Fafnir Ωuter Ωcta (Deck Format Finals Only)

2nd - Yami
MGC Maximum Garuda 4 Flow Atomic

3rd - Foxer
Maximum Garuda 7 Meteor Atomic

Kei Spectates The World: NYC [MFL] - 10/08/2017
Brooklyn, New York, United States - Metal Fight Limited Format

TOO COME SOON~