Winning Combinations at WBO Organized Play Events

(Nov. 22, 2017  10:37 AM)FIREFIRE CPB Wrote:
(Nov. 21, 2017  9:16 PM)Rebel Blader Wrote: Why accel over lron and zephyr for tN?

Accel has better recoil control and Speed then Ir (though I can't say how much as I did't had both at same time to compare)

Umm could be the case but iron is almost 1 g heavier than A so it should have atleast equal recoil control to accel due to the fact that it has less grip and more weight while accel has more grip and less weight.as for speed zephyr is faster than accel so ir dhould be faster than it too.i think accel is more readily available to bladers than iron and provides a comparable performance and zephyr isnt being used since its fragile
Nobody isn't using their Zephyr because it's 'fragile' ... they also just re-released Zephyr in the God Customize Set. I haven't used Iron that much myself, but I really do think it comes down to preference between Zephyr and Accel. There's differences, but there is obviously many similarities too.
I literally only used Accel because it was a tight fit. If either Iron or Zephyr had been as tight, I'd have used Iron for the sake of its durability.
It's Beyxercise Time! II
London, UK - 25/11/17

1st - ~Mana~
Sieg Xcalibur 4Glaive Needle
Lost Longinus 7Meteor Xtreme (Deck Finals Only)
Alter Chronos 4Glaive Atomic
Drain Fafnir 4Glaive Atomic

2nd - @[Mr LT]
Nightmare Longinus Orbit
Drain Fafnir 7Bump Atomic
Sieg Xcalibur 8Glaive Orbit (Deck Finals Only)
Shadow Orichalcum 7Glaive Atomic

3rd - @[Chimera]
Sieg Xcalibur Knuckle Xtreme
Lost Longinus Knuckle Iron
Lost Longinus 8 Iron (Deck Finals Only)
Deathscyther Knuckle Revolve
Drain Fafnir Heavy Revolve

So, Sieg Xcalibur on Needle eh? Think I've found one of my favourite stamina killers (and even attack killer as today proved) so far honestly. I used sX.4G.N to win two of the three battles I had in the preliminaries of today's event, and exclusively used it against Ultra and Chimera in the Quarter-Final and Semi-Final rounds of the event to seal two 6-0 victories. It simply worked and got the job done far better than anything else I could create, and only some trouble when facing sX Orbit combinations (which became more common as the day went on).

Lots of Lost Longinus use in today's event as well, showing it's not a dead part yet. There seemed to be more luck using this than Nightmare Longinus for those who had it. I personally used L2.7M.X in the finals against Mr LT against his sX.8G.O and some of the hits it was dealing were pretty disgusting, haha.
@[Chimera] Isn’t Deathscyther really light that it would be knocked around alot?
(Nov. 26, 2017  4:32 AM)SUGOI-KONICHEWA Wrote: @[Chimera] Isn’t Deathscyther really light that it would be knocked around alot?

It depends on the match up. If he's against pre-god beys he have a better chance to win with just Deathscythe
[Image: MCw1mNx.jpg]

WELCOME TO A&C GAMES V - 11/25/2017
Toronto, Ontario, Canada - Burst Format

1st: Kei
Drain Fafnir 7 Glaive Ωcta
Drain Fafnir 7 Glaive Destroy
Deep Chaos 7 Glaive Destroy
Legend Spriggan 4 Meteor Xtreme (Deck Format Finals Only)
Drain Fafnir 5 Bump Ωcta (Deck Format Finals Only)

2nd: @[OldSchool™]
Alter Chronos 4 Cross Revolve
Legend Spriggan 6 Meteor Zephyr
Drain Fafnir 7 Meteor Atomic
Drain Fafnir Polish Atomic (Deck Format Finals Only)

3rd: @[jamie]
Sieg Xcalibur 4 Bump Orbit
Drain Fafnir 7 Glaive Atomic
Deep Chaos 5 Cross Orbit (Deck Format Finals Only)

Read my full tournament report with commentary here!

(Nov. 26, 2017  3:42 AM)~Mana~ Wrote: So, Sieg Xcalibur on Needle eh? Think I've found one of my favourite stamina killers (and even attack killer as today proved) so far honestly. I used sX.4G.N to win two of the three battles I had in the preliminaries of today's event, and exclusively used it against Ultra and Chimera in the Quarter-Final and Semi-Final rounds of the event to seal two 6-0 victories. It simply worked and got the job done far better than anything else I could create, and only some trouble when facing sX Orbit combinations (which became more common as the day went on).

Lots of Lost Longinus use in today's event as well, showing it's not a dead part yet. There seemed to be more luck using this than Nightmare Longinus for those who had it. I personally used L2.7M.X in the finals against Mr LT against his sX.8G.O and some of the hits it was dealing were pretty disgusting, haha.

Interesting! jamie also used sX Orbit here in Toronto and found success, but I was able to shut it down in the finals with dF.7G.Ω. I also imagine that perhaps some Xtreme-based attackers could deal with sX on Needle or Orbit as well–as it seems you did with L2–but it certainly does do well against stationary/Stamina-based combos.

Why did you use L2 instead of Nightmare Longinus? Or better yet, instead of the now more versatile Legend Spriggan?

It also seems you guys forgot about Destroy. Wink
Wait, so Kai, how did Ds on dF work out that well?
so destroy worked on dF? was it LAD or something else
(Nov. 27, 2017  12:06 AM)Kei Wrote: Interesting! jamie also used sX Orbit here in Toronto and found success, but I was able to shut it down in the finals with dF.7G.Ω. I also imagine that perhaps some Xtreme-based attackers could deal with sX on Needle or Orbit as well–as it seems you did with L2–but it certainly does do well against stationary/Stamina-based combos.

Why did you use L2 instead of Nightmare Longinus? Or better yet, instead of the now more versatile Legend Spriggan?

It also seems you guys forgot about Destroy. ;)

Needle was handling attackers pretty well as well honestly. Obviously it was being knocked around quite a bit, but Bursts and KOs were happening and sX Needle was still holding on. Even I was a bit amazed at that, as I'd only tested it at home to be a stationary/stamina-killer, haha.

I don't have this month's releases, so I couldn't use nL even if I wanted to. I'm personally not a fan of Legend Spriggan either, much less against sX Orbit, so I thought I'd play it safe and put L2 in my deck. L2 is still quite viable in any case, haha.

I didn't actually see Destroy used once. Saw Bearing used on dF, but no Destroy unfortunately :(

(Nov. 27, 2017  12:06 AM)Kei Wrote: 1st: Kei

Pls explain. Wasn't everyone saying it was useless before? ;)
(Nov. 27, 2017  12:13 AM)DaJetsnake Wrote: Wait, so Kai, how did Ds on dF work out that well?

(Nov. 27, 2017  12:34 AM)Dragunix Wrote: so destroy worked on dF? was it LAD or something else

As I wrote in my report:

Kei Wrote:Destroy is actually one of my favourite new Drivers; it’s basically like a new, better version of Hold. In opposite spin match-ups it can defeat Atomic-based combos and Attack types, making it quite versatile. And even in same spin match-ups, you have the ability to KO the opponent (I lose in Round 5 against OldSchool’s dF on Atomic 3-2, but my two points with dF on Destroy were via KO).

Against opposite spin opponents, Destroy will beat basically everything except Bearing-based combos.

(Nov. 27, 2017  12:37 AM)~Mana~ Wrote: Needle was handling attackers pretty well as well honestly. Obviously it was being knocked around quite a bit, but Bursts and KOs were happening and sX Needle was still holding on. Even I was a bit amazed at that, as I'd only tested it at home to be a stationary/stamina-killer, haha.

I don't have this month's releases, so I couldn't use nL even if I wanted to. I'm personally not a fan of Legend Spriggan either, much less against sX Orbit, so I thought I'd play it safe and put L2 in my deck. L2 is still quite viable in any case, haha.

I didn't actually see Destroy used once. Saw Bearing used on dF, but no Destroy unfortunately :(

Huh, I'm guessing the tightness of Sieg Xcalibur with Needle must be pretty high if that's the case.

I don't know if Legend Spriggan would be my first choice against sX on Orbit, but considering lS can handle Drain Fafnir and many right spin Stamina combos and that you can switch spin directions, I find the versatility of it now hard to pass on. It's cool to see L2 is still usable though.

How did Bearing work out on Drain Fafnir? I assume not so well since it isn't on the list. It's so risky to use under WBO rules.

(Nov. 27, 2017  12:37 AM)~Mana~ Wrote:
(Nov. 27, 2017  12:06 AM)Kei Wrote: 1st: Kei

Pls explain. Wasn't everyone saying it was useless before? ;)

Haha, who's everyone? I wrote this in the nL thread back on November 13:

(Nov. 13, 2017  7:49 AM)Kei Wrote: Destroy is also interesting as an alternative to Hold, actually. I was playing with Deep Chaos 7 Bump Destroy and it was doing pretty good against nL with a weak launch. It can OS basically everything in opposite spin including Atomic-based combos, but the match-up versus Bearing based combos is dicey and slightly more in Bearing's favour due to its insane life after death. Not sure how useful a combo like that might be in a tournament (especially if everyone has Bearing), but it was interesting to play with.

Given that Bearing has turned out to be a non-factor so far, the viability of Destroy-based combos has been increased. Right-spin Destroy combos are a bit less usable only because there is less left-spin Layers than right-spin, but it still has uses.
Is there any uses for gK now? It doesn’t seem like it to me
(Nov. 27, 2017  2:00 AM)SUGOI-KONICHEWA Wrote: Is there any uses for gK now? It doesn’t seem like it to me

It's still usable, but Deep Chaos has better Stamina.
(Nov. 27, 2017  1:51 AM)Kei Wrote: Huh, I'm guessing the tightness of Sieg Xcalibur with Needle must be pretty high if that's the case.

How did Bearing work out on Drain Fafnir? I assume not so well since it isn't on the list. It's so risky to use under WBO rules.

Quite tight, yes. I felt very confident using it, and I don't think I suffered that many Bursts as a result either.

dF Bearing...I can't see people going back and using it. I can't remember whether it was @[Syphon] or @[TrainiacJ] who used it in the tournament, but it didn't look like it was holding up too well outside of the uh...questionable "LAD". I'm sure they'll have more to say about it given they were using it though.

(Nov. 27, 2017  1:51 AM)Kei Wrote: Haha, who's everyone? I wrote this in the nL thread back on November 13:

(Nov. 13, 2017  7:49 AM)Kei Wrote: Destroy is also interesting as an alternative to Hold, actually. I was playing with Deep Chaos 7 Bump Destroy and it was doing pretty good against nL with a weak launch. It can OS basically everything in opposite spin including Atomic-based combos, but the match-up versus Bearing based combos is dicey and slightly more in Bearing's favour due to its insane life after death. Not sure how useful a combo like that might be in a tournament (especially if everyone has Bearing), but it was interesting to play with.

Given that Bearing has turned out to be a non-factor so far, the viability of Destroy-based combos has been increased. Right-spin Destroy combos are a bit less usable only because there is less left-spin Layers than right-spin, but it still has uses.

"Everyone" being everyone I've spoken to about it, haha. dC was the main thing I was excited for in this month's set but it is supposedly "trash". Glad to hear that that's not necessarily the case, though I wonder if it's Destroy that's enabling it to survive or whether it's just been horribly misjudged at first glance, similar to gK, A2 etc.

And I'm definitely glad Destroy is good. I liked Hold, and Destroy looked like a much better version of that. Must pick this up before the next event then, haha.
(Nov. 27, 2017  2:36 AM)~Mana~ Wrote: dF Bearing...I can't see people going back and using it. I can't remember whether it was @[Syphon] or @[TrainiacJ] who used it in the tournament, but it didn't look like it was holding up too well outside of the uh...questionable "LAD". I'm sure they'll have more to say about it given they were using it though.

"questionable "LAD"? That's odd. There's nothing questionable about the life after death of Bearing in my experience. It's unmatched.

(Nov. 27, 2017  2:36 AM)~Mana~ Wrote: "Everyone" being everyone I've spoken to about it, haha. dC was the main thing I was excited for in this month's set but it is supposedly "trash". Glad to hear that that's not necessarily the case, though I wonder if it's Destroy that's enabling it to survive or whether it's just been horribly misjudged at first glance, similar to gK, A2 etc.

And I'm definitely glad Destroy is good. I liked Hold, and Destroy looked like a much better version of that. Must pick this up before the next event then, haha.

Deep Chaos is close to trash if you don't use an A Mold God Chip on it, that's for sure. But if you do, it's relatively tight with things like Revolve especially. Tighter than Guardian Kerbeus, I think. Of course, it will still most likely lose against Attack in the same spin direction (or even opposite depending on the situation obviously; just speaking generally), like any Stamina type should. In the end, with the A Mold God Chip and considering it has better pure Stamina than anything, it's hard to call dC "trash".

For me on Destroy however, it's able to counter any left-spin Attacker quite well with a weak launch, and even though it's not favourable, you at least have a chance against some right-spin opponents depending on what their set up is. You could maybe use something like Alter Chronos for more defense on Destroy, but at that point you would have less of a chance of beating other things because of aC's relatively poor Stamina. Haven't tested it with anything other than dC that much, though.

Yeah, to me Destroy is a much better and more reliable version of Hold. Maybe I always had bad ones, but my experience with Hold was always inconsistent.
Questionable LAD probably means that Bearing moves in such a way that it doesn't seem to qualify for LAD since there isn't any rotation, it's just rolling around. Don't know if that made any sense whatsoever
Double Standard (MFB)
November 25, 2017 | Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
1st Place: Yami
Genbull Dragooon F230GCF
MSF-M Balro Dragooon SA165 (Stamina) RDF
MF-M Phantom (Attack) Cancer LW105MF (Deck Format Finals Only)
MF-L Duo (Stamina) Leone TH170MB (Deck Format Finals Only)

2nd Place: Wombat
MSF-L Wyvang Wyvang H145RSF
MSF Genbull Genbull TH170CS
MSF-L Killerken Dragooon CH120EWD
MSF Genbull Genbull E230 (Boost) MB
MF-L Flash (Attack) Beelzeb W145MF (Deck Format Finals Only)
MSF-L Killerken Dragooon B: D (Deck Format Finals Only)
MF-L Duo (Stamina) Aquario B: D (Deck Format Finals Only)
MSF-L Zirago Dragooon E230 (Boost) RDF (Deck Format Finals Only)

3rd Place: Jimmyjazz39
Bregirados Dragooon 105MF
MF-H Death (Defense) Cancer SP230RDF
MF-H Diablo Unicorno II BD145RF
MF-L Duo Hades W145EWD (Deck Format Finals Only)

4th Place: bladerpro
Meteo L-Drago II 125WD
MF Wing Lacerta DF105BSF
Fang Leone 130W2D (Deck Format Finals Only)

I'm satisfied with the diversity in the combos that I used, less so with the fact that I was unable to beat Yami's Dragooon RDF when I knew it was coming both times :( .

(Nov. 27, 2017  12:06 AM)Kei Wrote:
(Nov. 26, 2017  3:42 AM)~Mana~ Wrote: So, Sieg Xcalibur on Needle eh? Think I've found one of my favourite stamina killers (and even attack killer as today proved) so far honestly. I used sX.4G.N to win two of the three battles I had in the preliminaries of today's event, and exclusively used it against Ultra and Chimera in the Quarter-Final and Semi-Final rounds of the event to seal two 6-0 victories. It simply worked and got the job done far better than anything else I could create, and only some trouble when facing sX Orbit combinations (which became more common as the day went on).

Interesting! jamie also used sX Orbit here in Toronto and found success, but I was able to shut it down in the finals with dF.7G.Ω. I also imagine that perhaps some Xtreme-based attackers could deal with sX on Needle or Orbit as well–as it seems you did with L2–but it certainly does do well against stationary/Stamina-based combos.
Can confirm semi-mobile sX is a monster. I did some informal testing with sX.7C.W/At over the break, it KOed/bursted a lot of stuff (though I'm not surprised that it couldn't KO opposite spin Ωcta), and hardly ever lost a click itself. The Atomic version was easier to burst, but also outspun dF.4G.At a few times when it didn't KO/burst it. It's a lot like Wyvang Wyvang RDF in terms of how it plays IMO. somebody try it on destroy

(Nov. 27, 2017  1:51 AM)Kei Wrote: Destroy is actually one of my favourite new Drivers; it’s basically like a new, better version of Hold. In opposite spin match-ups it can defeat Atomic-based combos and Attack types, making it quite versatile. And even in same spin match-ups, you have the ability to KO the opponent (I lose in Round 5 against OldSchool’s dF on Atomic 3-2, but my two points with dF on Destroy were via KO).

Against opposite spin opponents, Destroy will beat basically everything except Bearing-based combos.
Do you find that Destroy self-bursts as much as Hold in same-spin matchups? And can it outspin Ωcta in opposite spin as well?

also side note I love how TT basically made stock nL the same thing as my L2 Hold combo. life imitates art lol
(Nov. 27, 2017  4:06 AM)DaJetsnake Wrote:
(Nov. 27, 2017  3:38 AM)Kei Wrote: "questionable "LAD"? That's odd. There's nothing questionable about the life after death of Bearing in my experience. It's unmatched.

Questionable LAD probably means that Bearing moves in such a way that it doesn't seem to qualify for LAD since there isn't any rotation, it's just rolling around. Don't know if that made any sense whatsoever

This exactly. While there were very clearly some strong LAD finishes that you couldn't dispute, some were like...is this really LAD? I had a few instances where I was honestly questioning the whether what I was seeing could be classified as LAD.
(Nov. 27, 2017  12:30 PM)~Mana~ Wrote:
(Nov. 27, 2017  4:06 AM)DaJetsnake Wrote: Questionable LAD probably means that Bearing moves in such a way that it doesn't seem to qualify for LAD since there isn't any rotation, it's just rolling around. Don't know if that made any sense whatsoever

This exactly. While there were very clearly some strong LAD finishes that you couldn't dispute, some were like...is this really LAD? I had a few instances where I was honestly questioning the whether what I was seeing could be classified as LAD.

that's more of high precession
(Nov. 27, 2017  6:54 AM)Wombat Wrote: Can confirm semi-mobile sX is a monster. I did some informal testing with sX.7C.W/At over the break, it KOed/bursted a lot of stuff (though I'm not surprised that it couldn't KO opposite spin Ωcta), and hardly ever lost a click itself. The Atomic version was easier to burst, but also outspun dF.4G.At a few times when it didn't KO/burst it. It's a lot like Wyvang Wyvang RDF in terms of how it plays IMO. somebody try it on destroy

That's a good comparison! I liked Atomic on sX when it first came out (you can see it on a winning combos list a while ago from Toronto), but I can see why Orbit would be better in certain instances since it's tighter.

(Nov. 27, 2017  6:54 AM)Wombat Wrote: Do you find that Destroy self-bursts as much as Hold in same-spin matchups? And can it outspin Ωcta in opposite spin as well?

I haven't tested same-spin that much yet. But I think I bursted once when I played OldSchool's dF Atomic with dF Destroy? The score was 3-2 for him ultimately, but I didn't really know how to launch for the first couple rounds because I hadn't really tested the match-up previously. I think that match-up is very winnable since the Atomic user can't really weak launch that much, making it more likely that you could either KO them because of Atomic's movement or maybe even OS. It is a bit tricky, though.

(Nov. 27, 2017  12:30 PM)~Mana~ Wrote:
(Nov. 27, 2017  4:06 AM)DaJetsnake Wrote: Questionable LAD probably means that Bearing moves in such a way that it doesn't seem to qualify for LAD since there isn't any rotation, it's just rolling around. Don't know if that made any sense whatsoever

To me, the 'rolling' problem only seems to come up when it's Bearing vs. Bearing. But regardless, maybe Life After Death isn't the best term; I just mean that it has the ability to OS anything in the opposite spin direction.

And there are moments where Bearing combos continue spinning while leaning towards one side without falling over completely, which to me is sort of LAD, just like F230CF in MFB or the Wolborg 4 Blade Base in Plastics. Technically, there is another type of LAD where the Beyblade has completely fallen over and continues spinning against the stadium floor, but I think the above examples fall under the same umbrella too.
Hey guys,

I am hoping someone can answer a few random questions for me.

-What's better? sX 7B Xtreme, or lS 7B Xtreme
-Why is 4glaive sometimes used over 7glaive? Isn't 7 better?
-Why was Polish used when 4glaive was out at the time? What was so good about polish?
-What's an alternative to Xtreme for sX and lS

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!
(Dec. 08, 2017  8:03 AM)Ultragunner Wrote: -What's better? sX 7B Xtreme, or lS 7B Xtreme

Depends on the situation. sX is stronger against some right-spin opponents than lS is, but lS has the advantage of being able to switch spin directions in battle now due to our new mode changing rule, which makes it a relatively safe choice when you're unsure of what your opponent will use.

(Dec. 08, 2017  8:03 AM)Ultragunner Wrote: -Why is 4glaive sometimes used over 7glaive? Isn't 7 better?

7 is indeed better. Anybody using 4 either doesn't have 7 or isn't aware that it's better haha. Or it's Deck Format where you need to have three different Disks, so 4 can become a viable option.

(Dec. 08, 2017  8:03 AM)Ultragunner Wrote: -Why was Polish used when 4glaive was out at the time? What was so good about polish?

Polish has better "life after death" (ability to continue spinning after having falling over, basically) than 4 Glaive. It has worse Stamina and is lighter, making it risky in that sense (it will lose same spin stamina match-ups against 4/7 Glaive and can be knocked out more easily than combos using 4/7 Glaive), but in opposite spin stamina match-ups where the opponent is using something like 7 Glaive, Polish often has the edge.

(Dec. 08, 2017  8:03 AM)Ultragunner Wrote: -What's an alternative to Xtreme for sX and lS

Atomic and Orbit work well on sX. I've found success in testing with Variable and Merge with both sX and lS, but those rely a lot on first-hit KOs, which have proven difficult to replicate in tournament battles. You could also use something like Zephyr as it is probably good enough to get the job done against Stamina types.
Wow, thanks Kei!

Really appreciate the info.
Thanks for all the info Kei and I appreciate it.