Winning Combinations at WBO Organized Play Events

Hasbro Bursts RARELY Onto The Scene - 4/23/17
Toronto, ON, Canada - Burst Format (Hasbro Only)

1st: Mitsu
Valtryek V2 Spread Zephyr
Unicrest Gravity Revolve
Yegdrion Heavy Zephyr (Deck Format Finals Only)

2nd: OldSchool
Roktavor Heavy Accel
Doomscizor Gravity Revolve
Valtryek Heavy Revolve

3rd: Kei
Yegdrion Knuckle Zephyr
Unicrest Gravity Revolve

Right after the tournament ended me and Kei decided to do some combo testings and found that in the end Kerbeus and Yegdrion have the best stamina, they both beat Unicrest and Doomscizor D2 by a lot of rotations.  The good thing about this is that both Kerbeus and Yegdrion are easy to burst by attack types such as Roktavor/Valtryek V2 Heavy Accel.  Stall is definitely viable and probably the most safe option considering how "rarely" hasbro beyblades burst, the only bad part of this is that if you do not have a good and precise launch, stall will just not work for you (of course Kerbeus and Yegdrion stationary beat stall most of the time but they're easily bursted by attackers while stall has a chance to beat everything).
(Apr. 30, 2017  11:42 AM)1234beyblade Wrote: -snip-

how did Doomscizor GR do? i know D bursts very frequently
(Apr. 30, 2017  10:49 PM)Jimmyjazz39 Wrote: how did Doomscizor GR do? i know D bursts very frequently

I'm not 1234Beyblade, but from what I noticed, Doomscizor can be marginally improved with a slightly weaker launch.

(Am I right, guys?)
(Apr. 30, 2017  11:42 AM)1234beyblade Wrote: Hasbro Bursts RARELY Onto The Scene - 4/23/17
Toronto, ON, Canada - Burst Format (Hasbro Only)

1st: Mitsu
Valtryek V2 Spread Zephyr
Unicrest Gravity Revolve
Yegdrion Heavy Zephyr (Deck Format Finals Only)

2nd: OldSchool
Roktavor Heavy Accel
Doomscizor Gravity Revolve
Valtryek Heavy Revolve

3rd: Kei
Yegdrion Knuckle Zephyr
Unicrest Gravity Revolve

Right after the tournament ended me and Kei decided to do some combo testings and found that in the end Kerbeus and Yegdrion have the best stamina, they both beat Unicrest and Doomscizor D2 by a lot of rotations.  The good thing about this is that both Kerbeus and Yegdrion are easy to burst by attack types such as Roktavor/Valtryek V2 Heavy Accel.  Stall is definitely viable and probably the most safe option considering how "rarely" hasbro beyblades burst, the only bad part of this is that if you do not have a good and precise launch, stall will just not work for you (of course Kerbeus and Yegdrion stationary beat stall most of the time but they're easily bursted by attackers while stall has a chance to beat everything).

How's Doomscizor D2's Burst resistance in the Hasbro only format?

Edit: Was there anyone with Xcalius in that tournament? I want to know if Yegdrion is a good counter against Xcalius like Yggdrasil is to Xcalibur.
(Apr. 30, 2017  10:49 PM)Jimmyjazz39 Wrote: how did Doomscizor GR do? i know D bursts very frequently

Could be wrong, but pretty sure OldSchool only used DGR once against a D2 Revolve combo and narrowly won.

(Apr. 30, 2017  10:57 PM)MonoDragon Wrote: How's Doomscizor D2's Burst resistance in the Hasbro only format?

Edit: Was there anyone with Xcalius in that tournament? I want to know if Yegdrion is a good counter against Xcalius like Yggdrasil is to Xcalibur.

Really bad. Mitsu was able to burst my D2HS with even YHZ in the Deck Format Finals.

One participant had Xcalius, but didn't use it.

And just as a note to back up 1234beyblade's assertion that Tornado Stalling is a viable strategy in Hasbro Burst Format: I was undefeated in the first stage using YKZ for six of my seven matches. It was so good. Then, @[Mitsu] borrowed a Yegdrion in the finals that I didn't know about and proceeded to burst mine consistently because his was more tightly fitting lol. Fun tournament, though! I'll try to talk about it a bit more in my upcoming tournament report. I also put together a video of the event that will be posted on Beyblade Channel soon.
Diamond is Unburstable - 05/06/17
Roanoke, Virginia, USA - Burst Format

1st: Angry Face
Odin Yell Revolve
Lost Longinus 2 Glaive Hold

2nd: The beardedimp
Blaze Ragnaruk 4 Cross Weight
Roktavor Heavy Press (deck finals only)
Kreis Satan 2 Glaive Defense (deck finals only)

3rd: Mstubbs88
Dark Deathscyther 2 Glaive Defense
Blaze Ragnaruk 4 Cross Revolve (deck finals only)
Kreis Satan Heavy Orbit (deck finals only)

4th: blair2228
Acid Anubis Gravity Trans
Lost Longinus Spread Revolve
Xcalibur Force Xtreme (deck finals only)

Brackets:
http://challonge.com/diamond_is_unburstable
http://challonge.com/diamond_is_unburstable_fin

EDIT: Correction to my winning combos: I did use L2 once prior to the Finals.
(May. 08, 2017  2:24 AM)Angry Face Wrote: Diamond is Unburstable - 05/06/17

Odin Yell Revolve
Lost Longinus 2 Glaive Hold (deck finals only)

Brackets:

What did the Blaze Ragnaruk's win against? And is Yell good?
(May. 08, 2017  8:24 AM)Ultra Wrote: What did the Blaze Ragnaruk's win against? And is Yell good?

@[The beardedimp] said he used bR.4C.W exclusively in the swiss stage, and it outspun my L2.2G.H in the finals. Not sure what @[Mstubbs88]'s bR.4C.R beat, though, he might be able to tell you.

As for Yell, I haven't conducted any formal testing, but whenever I used Spread on my Odin combo, D2.S.O/D would outspin it; when I switched to Yell, Odin would outspin D2. I guess it shouldn't be that surprising, though, since Yell is heavier and wider than Spread.
(May. 08, 2017  2:02 PM)Angry Face Wrote:
(May. 08, 2017  8:24 AM)Ultra Wrote: What did the Blaze Ragnaruk's win against? And is Yell good?

@[The beardedimp] said he used bR.4C.W exclusively in the swiss stage, and it outspun my L2.2G.H in the finals. Not sure what @[Mstubbs88]'s bR.4C.R beat, though, he might be able to tell you.

As for Yell, I haven't conducted any formal testing, but whenever I used Spread on my Odin combo, D2.S.O/D would outspin it; when I switched to Yell, Odin would outspin D2. I guess it shouldn't be that surprising, though, since Yell is heavier and wider than Spread.

I think a Combo you told me to try (After being dumb and using Orbit with L2) Was L2 Heavy Yielding.  This might be enough to counter the stamina of Blaze Ragnaruk, With the chance of spin steal due to Blaze Ragnaruks smooth edges.  Only thing I would be afraid of are those wings.  I might try the L2 H.Y. combo on Bey Day.
How did Acid Anubis and kreis Satan did?
@[Mstubbs88] @[blair2228]
@[Angry Face] Did anyone used gV? If yes how did it performed?
(May. 08, 2017  2:18 PM)Ninja Blader Wrote: How did Acid Anubis and kreis Satan did?
@[Mstubbs88] @[blair2228]
@[Angry Face] Did anyone used gV? If yes how did it performed?

Tbh i was a little disappointed in bR.4C.R at the event, it did really well in testing and was able to handle the hits and outspin rocktavor heavy press easily and consistently, so that was basically the deciding factor on why i used it. Something to handle that combo without worrying of breakage (which happened anyways to my poor D2 layer Dx) as far as KS.H.O i still really like it but i think im going to change it up a bit. The combo i used is really good for just straight up defense, but its stamina isnt as good as id like. Anything that likes to make a lot of hard contact will probably burst itself against it. My only issue with it is you cant launch it too powerfully due to orbit flinging it out of the stadium. Which is why i lost my finals match against angry. We were 3 to 3 and KS went mobile after my launch 2 times in a row and flung itself out. It happens i guess.
(May. 08, 2017  2:18 PM)Ninja Blader Wrote: @[Angry Face] Did anyone used gV? If yes how did it performed?

I think there was only one person using gV and it was always on Reboot. When he and I played, I used L2.2G.H and weak launched; IIRC, my L2 burst, KO'd, and outspun his combo.
(May. 08, 2017  7:41 PM)Angry Face Wrote:
(May. 08, 2017  2:18 PM)Ninja Blader Wrote: @[Angry Face] Did anyone used gV? If yes how did it performed?

I think there was only one person using gV and it was always on Reboot. When he and I played, I used L2.2G.H and weak launched; IIRC, my L2 burst, KO'd, and outspun his combo.

Youre right. I have the video
(May. 08, 2017  2:24 AM)Angry Face Wrote: Diamond is Unburstable - 05/06/17

Odin Yell Revolve

Brackets:

EDIT: Correction to my winning combos: I did use L2 once prior to the Finals.

I saw this on the Beyblade Amino!!
It's Beyxercise Time! - April 29th, 2017
London, UK

1st: Balance Blader
Deathscyther Heavy Revolve
Dark Deathscyther Heavy Revolve
Deathscyther Gravity Revolve
Odin Heavy Revolve
Lost Longinus Heavy Zephyr
Dark Deathscyther Gravity Orbit (Deck Format only)
Lost Longinus Knuckle Zephyr (Deck Format only)

2nd: KiddLamy
Inferno Ifrit Knuckle Accel
Dark Deathscyther Heavy Revolve
Dark Deathscyther Gravity Defense

3rd: ~Mana~
Valkyrie Knuckle Needle
Lost Longinus Heavy Xtreme
Dark Deathscyther Gravity Orbit

Notable mention to Lamy's I2KA combo. Literally dominated the competition with it, even to the point where it broke :'(
(May. 20, 2017  11:15 PM)~Mana~ Wrote: Notable mention to Lamy's I2KA combo. Literally dominated the competition with it, even to the point where it broke Crying

Cool! Well, not that it broke. I'm guessing it was able to burst D2? Surprising since it's usually inconsistent at that.
What exactly made that I2 combo so good @[KiddLamy]? I can understand the use of Accel for more stamina but Knuckle? Heavy/Gravity are the norm due to the extra momentum, how did Knuckle work better?
(May. 21, 2017  12:57 AM)MonoDragon Wrote: What exactly made that I2 combo so good @[KiddLamy]? I can understand the use of Accel for more stamina but Knuckle? Heavy/Gravity are the norm due to the extra momentum, how did Knuckle work better?

Knuckle is known to have better burst resistance than Heavy and Gravity, so that might be the reason. I can see it helping since so often I2 double-bursts against D2.
(May. 21, 2017  12:48 AM)Kei Wrote: Cool! Well, not that it broke. I'm guessing it was able to burst D2? Surprising since it's usually inconsistent at that.

Unfortunately, I didn't judge the Block Lamy was in. Probably better off asking @[KiddLamy] himself, or @[Basedsamuraij] / @[Manicben] who judged that block, haha.

Though he did beat me in our Semi-Final match, while I was using a deck of D2GO, VKN and WHD. Outright lost 5-0, though I can't recall which I2 were used against. It did tear through the competition throughout the day and was hot topic among participants!
(May. 21, 2017  12:57 AM)MonoDragon Wrote: What exactly made that I2 combo so good @[KiddLamy]? I can understand the use of Accel for more stamina but Knuckle? Heavy/Gravity are the norm due to the extra momentum, how did Knuckle work better?
It's as Kei was saying, knuckle provides much better burst resistance. I have tested I2GA, I feel it does hit harder but is more likely to burst. 

Accel was also because I can get a really good flower pattern with it
(27.05.2017)The BeyDay FIRESTORM II
[Mumbai, MH, India]

Standard MFB:-

1st Place:-@[FIREFIRE CPB]
MF Scythe Hades SA165WD (a replacement for my Genbu lol)
MSF-H Balro DF105RF
MSF-H Balro LW105MF
Girago Dragoon BD145RDF (with behemoth face)
MF-H Duo Cygnus/Cancer 230MB

2nd Place:- @[AaryanBITW]
MF-H Duo Cancer 230MB
Kraken Reviser E230MB/WD 
Death Aquario BD

3rd Place:- @[ashton pinto]
MF-H Girago 85MF

Limited MFB:-
1st Place:- @[Eurekaboy]
Meteo L-Drago II BD
Flame Aquario 230MB
Screw Tempo LW105RF

2nd Place:- @[Ashton Pinto]
MF Earth Aquario 230CS
MF Bkaushin Leone 85MF

3rd Place:- @[FIREFIRE CPB]
MF-L Scythe Cancer 105MF
MF-L Scythe Cancer CH120FB
MF Scythe CH120MF
MF-H Scythe Cancer 85MF
MF-H Scythe Cancer BD
Screw Pegasis II (which was of sonokong btw) DF105RF
MF-H Flame Cygnus 230MB
MF-H Meteo CH120WD
Gravity Perseus (Stamina) 105FB

And one I'm sure you all might be waiting long to see
Burst!
1st Place:- @[ChristopherMK]
Kaiser Kerbeus Knucle Revolve
Valkyrie Heavy Xtreme

2nd Place:- @[ashton pinto]
Kaiser kerbeus Knucle Revolve
Valkyrie Heavy Xtreme

3rd Place:- @[Eurekaboy]
gV6VRb
gV6Rb (as you might expected. That crazy idea of using anime strategy was mine :
XD. But it surprisingly worked)

I will give a bit more details on metagame of this event in my full report. Stay tuned to WBO Tournament Report for seeing it ;). I will also explain why I didn't placed despite having most beys at event
Ah I see you used Scythe SA165 using TT? What combo did you go against with @[FIREFIRE CPB]?
(May. 28, 2017  1:58 PM)Yami Wrote: Ah I see you used Scythe SA165 using TT? What combo did you go against with @[FIREFIRE CPB]?

I think some Death BD, Duo WD and some Stamina Type. I think it faced a Dragoon combo too (not sure which) and a Attack (I think someone used my own balro againt me which won against using Scythe).

I actually brought my entire box of MFB combos (for different formats) as I was in hurry, it had ZRG combo so I thought to  used Scythe SA165BWD combo just with switching to WD for bit more defence.

But in short, it did pretty well. I didn't used it much as in first few battle  I used Balro RF and Duo MB in first few battle. But later switched to Scythe as my launch wasn't in shape today. (Then to finally  Balro MF + Girago Dragoon through 2nd half and finals)

Edit:- Yes TT
(May. 28, 2017  2:39 PM)FIREFIRE CPB Wrote:
(May. 28, 2017  1:58 PM)Yami Wrote: Ah I see you used Scythe SA165 using TT? What combo did you go against with @[FIREFIRE CPB]?

I think some Death BD, Duo WD and some Stamina Type. I think it faced a Dragoon combo too (not sure which) and a Attack (I think someone used my own balro againt me which won against using Scythe).

I actually brought my entire box of MFB combos (for different formats) as I was in hurry, it had ZRG combo so I thought to  used Scythe SA165BWD combo just with switching to WD for bit more defence.

But in short, it did pretty well. I didn't used it much as in first few battle  I used Balro RF and Duo MB in first few battle. But later switched to Scythe as my launch wasn't in shape today. (Then to finally  Balro MF + Girago Dragoon through 2nd half and finals)

Edit:- Yes TT

Ah yes something similar to this thread I've done in Zero-G https://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-MF-H-Sc...BWD?page=1

Pretty positive it would also work in MFB too. Glad it worked for you!
RATHER LOST LONGINUS - 5/13/17
Toronto, ON, Canada - Burst Format - Tournament Report

[Image: 2OYT0rs.jpg]

1st: Kei
Wyvern Heavy Revolve
Drain Fafnir Polish Hold

2nd: JesseObre
Deathscyther Heavy Defense
Wyvern Heavy Revolve
Drain Fafnir Polish Yielding
Victory Valkyrie Knuckle Accel (Deck Format Finals Only)

3rd: 1234beyblade
Drain Fafnir Yell Revolve
Wyvern Heavy Revolve
Valkyrie Knuckle Yielding (Deck Format Finals Only)

This was the last event before Deathscyther and Dark Deathscyther were banned a few weeks ago. Read more about how this went in my tournament report!

Read RATHER LOST LONGINUS Tournament Report

BEYBLADE NORTH 2017 - Friday - 5/26/17
Toronto, ON, Canada - Team Burst Format

[Image: nZeRmrc.jpg]

1st: Team DAY BREAKERS (Kei, JesseObre, Naru Blader)
Drain Fafnir Spread Revolve
Drain Fafnir Spread Atomic
Drain Fafnir 2 Glaive Revolve
Blaze Ragnaruk Spread Revolve
Blaze Ragnaruk Spread Atomic

BEYBLADE NORTH 2017 - Saturday - 5/27/17
Toronto, ON, Canada - Burst Format

[Image: IvXKXz4.jpg]

Drain Fafnir Spread Revolve
Drain Fafnir Polish Revolve
Odin Spread Revolve
Blaze Ragnaruk Spread Atomic
Acid Anubis Spread Revolve (Deck Format Finals Only)

2nd: Wombat
Drain Fafnir 8 Glaive Revolve
Neptune Yell Revolve
Drain Fafnir Polish Atomic
Odin Yell Revolve
Neptune Spread Revolve (Deck Format Finals Only)

3rd: Mitsu
Drain Fafnir Polish Atomic
Drain Fafnir Polish Yielding
Acid Anubis Spread Revolve
Odin 6 Glaive Yielding

BEYBLADE NORTH 2017 - Sunday - 5/28/17
Toronto, ON, Canada - Metal Fight Limited Format

[Image: zmgUzbE.jpg]

MF-H Scythe Gemios B: D
MF-L Earth Cygnus 85CS
MF Duo Cancer B: D
MF Gravity Perseus (Attack) CH120RB (Deck Format Finals Only)
MF Gravity Perseus (Attack) 85RB (Deck Format Finals Only)
Jade Uranus 100RS (Deck Format Finals Only)
MF-L Duo Cygnus SW145EWD (Deck Format Finals Only)

2nd: 1234beyblade
MF-H Gravity Perseus F230CF
MF-L Gravity Perseus F230CF
MF-L Earth Aquario 90EWD
MF-M Flame Cancer 230MB

3rd: Wombat
MF-L Scythe Escolpio W105MF
MF-H Bakushin Leone 90RSF
MF Vulcan Horuseus CH120RSF
MF-F Burn Cancer B:D
MF Flame Cancer 230MB
MSF-H Bandid Wyvang (Crystal Up) H145RSF (Deck Format Finals Only)
MF-H Gravity Perseus (Stamina) 85RB (Deck Format Finals Only)
MSF-H Bandid Pegasis (Crystal Up) LW105RSF (Deck Format Finals Only)

Hard to even know where to start with everything that happened this weekend! I don't have time to go through everything right now, but in terms of the Burst Format metagame in both tournaments, Drain Fafnir was a absolutely monumental force. However, it was balanced by right-spin Stamina's ability to counter it given the right Disk and Driver match-ups. A really interesting dynamic between Drivers like Revolve, Atomic, Yielding, and so forth emerged that I don't think anybody fully understands yet. The main recurring one throughout the weekend was Revolve vs. Atomic: left-spin Atomic beat right-spin Revolve, right-spin Atomic beat left-spin Revolve, left-spin Revolve beat left-spin Atomic, and right-spin Revolve beat right-spin Atomic ...

Disk choice has also largely become about LAD now with the release of Drain Fafnir. Spread, Yell, and Polish were all quite popular.

Also worth noting were Blaze Ragnaruk as a sort of Stamina/Defense hybrid that I found could go up against Lost Longinus better than Odin, Neptune, Wyvern, etc while still having a chance against Drain Fafnir provided you have the right Disk/Driver match-up. Neptune on Revolve was also a popular choice by many players throughout the weekend.

And finally, Acid Anubis Spread Revolve which 1234beyblade pulled out and gave to Mitsu late in the Saturday tournament to win a key match-up against Neptune on Revolve in Round 5 or 6 of Swiss. I was also able to pilot it to a 5-0 victory in the finals of the Saturday, beating both Odin Heavy Defense and Victory Valkyrie on Xtreme. I'm not sure if it would beat Odin Spread or Heavy Revolve, but A2 certainly has enough Stamina in the current metagame to be viable now. Pretty awesome.

Stay tuned for more coverage coming soon!