What Are You Currently Reading?

I've started reading Divergent!Grin It's really good so far! Can't wait till the movie comes out!Joyful_3
I've been reading a lot lately. I'm trying to read at least 40 books this year.

Currently I'm reading:
The High King, by Lloyd Alexander (Chronicles of Prydain: Book 5)
Pandemic, by Scott Sigler (Infected Trilogy Book 3)
The 33, by J.C. Hutchins (Just finished Season 1Eeepisode 2)
The Buddha Walks into a Bar, by Lodro Rinzler
Reading this good manga called The Seven Deadly Sins. It has this one piece and fairy tale vibe but instead of "magi" or "pirates" their actually knights with power! Just finished Chapter 69, and if they have an anime on this, I hope the animation will be similar to the new DBZ remade animation.
Finished The Da Vinci Code over the weekend. Now I'm wrapping up the manga Nana, & planning to read Divergent (since everyone my age seems to be reading it these days) & The Color Purple when I have the chance.
Reading Death Note: Another Note L.A. BB Murder Cases, and Artemis Fowl: Atlantis Complex.
(Mar. 12, 2014  6:51 PM)ryukiba Wrote: I've started reading Divergent!Grin It's really good so far! Can't wait till the movie comes out!Joyful_3

I finished all three books!!Grin
Divergent took a month, I read Insurgent in 7 days. Then when I got Allegiant I finished it in 6 days!Grin it was the coolest series I've read, but had the worst ending ever!!T_T

Right now I'm reading Mockingjay!Smile
I've been getting into some new books, and Lev Grossman's "The Magicians" is surprisingly good. I thought it'd be some bad Harry Potter rip-off, especially with the magic college setting, but it was amazingly original. Plus, not everything's so campy that first book. The tone is set at dark from Page 50 and stays that way the entire series. Even the few bright moments are presented as brief and not even good distractions.

Not to say that all dark things are good, but this book seriously does a good job with playing with the "Magic is a shortcut" idea and using it to bring about a great plot. Especially when it gets to the true meaning of being a prodigy or and the process of becoming one. Very realistic, for such a setting.
(May. 29, 2014  3:11 AM)ryukiba Wrote:
(Mar. 12, 2014  6:51 PM)ryukiba Wrote: I've started reading Divergent!Grin It's really good so far! Can't wait till the movie comes out!Joyful_3

I finished all three books!!Grin
Divergent took a month, I read Insurgent in 7 days. Then when I got Allegiant I finished it in 6 days!Grin it was the coolest series I've read, but had the worst ending ever!!T_T

Right now I'm reading Mockingjay!Smile

@Divergent:

meh

I wasn't really impressed with the Divergent series. I read all three, but after the first one it just all felt exactly the same over and over again; introduce character, romance blah blah gunfight etc etc kill off a character sadtime resume romantic scenes gunfight again romance kill off another character introduce plot device and END WITH UNEXPLAINED STUFF HEY IT'S A CLIFFHANGER UMAD BRO

I didn't mind it the first time around - it's a creative and interesting story, but it seemed to be rather formulaic from book to book. The first book was good, but it just wasn't that great on the follow-up, and the ending wasn't that great either.