WBO Organized Play Rule Updates October 2021

Hey World Bladers! Outlined below are several important new ruling additions, updates, and clarifications to our Organized Play rulebooks and Guides. We have also added two new WBO Staff members!

View all WBO Organized Play Rules & Resources here, and a summary of the changes below:

Updates Overview
  • IMPORTANT All Rulebooks: Battle Limit & Consecutive Draws (First Stage)
  • Burst Classic: Most Hasbro Turbo Exclusives & Xt+ Now Legal
  • Burst Limited: Turbo Achilles A4 & Kerbeus K4 Now Legal
  • Organizer’s Guide: Tournament Types – 3on3 Type for Unranked Added
  • Organizer's Guide: Posting Multiple Events Simultaneously Policy
  • Organizer's Guide: Organizers Participating as Players Policy Clarification
  • Judge's Guide: Judges Participating as Players Policy Clarification
  • Staff Additions: henwooja1 & froztz Have Joined WBO Staff
10.29.21 Update:
  • Driver variants with the same name are now considered the same part in deck format (ie only one may be used per deck)
  • Almight Now Banned in Classic

All Rulebooks Updates
IMPORTANT Battle Limit & Consecutive Draws (First Stage)
We know how frustrating it can be when battles are drawn out to 30 minutes (or longer) because of consecutive draws. That is why effective immediately, we will be implementing a limit of 10 battles per match along with guidelines for consecutive draws on all first stage matches in order to ensure the timely completion of all first stage matches.

Click below to read the guidelines in the Burst Format rulebook. These guidelines have also been added into the Gameplay Appendix of each rulebook.

Burst Classic Format Updates
Most Hasbro Turbo Exclusives & Xt+ Now Legal
Ever since Burst Classic was announced, we’ve seen tremendous support for the introduction of Hasbro Turbo exclusives to the format. As single and dual layer releases have become increasingly difficult (and expensive!) to obtain, we have made the decision to allow ALL Hasbro turbo exclusives in Burst Classic with the exception of Morrigna and Typhon. We hope this move will open the door for greater accessibility and encourage further testing in Burst Classic format.

But there’s more! We are also excited to share that we will be unbanning Xt+. While we do not believe that Xt+ poses a threat to Classic format, we plan to closely evaluate this move over the coming months to ensure that it does not negatively impact part diversity.

To clarify, the following parts will be legal, effective immediately:

Newly Unbanned Parts for Burst Classic Format Wrote:Legal
Ogre
Rudr
Sphinx
Balar
Cyclops
Dullahan
Gargoyle
Kraken
Xtend+

Burst Limited Format Updates
Turbo Achilles A4 & Kerbeus K4 Now Legal
You asked and we listened! Based on user testing, we have decided to allow Turbo Achilles A4 and Kerbeus K4 to be used in Burst Limited format going forward. To view our complete list of what is and is not considered legal in Burst Limited, please view the Burst Limited rulebook.

Newly Unbanned Parts for Burst Limited Format Wrote:Legal
Turbo Achilles A4
Kerbeus K4

Organizer’s Guide Updates

[Image: WBO-Organizers-Guide.png]
Posting Multiple Events Simultaneously Policy
Under the "Planning Your Tournament" section of the Organizer's Guide we have added in a "Posting Multiple Events Simultaneously" section in order to permit Organizers who have a proven track record of successful completion of post-tournament responsibilities over their past three events the option to post up to two events simultaneously on the website.

We understand that some Organizers like to host multiple events on one day or want greater flexibility in planning multiple upcoming events in their community. The aim of this update is to formalize the ability for Organizers to do this if they can demonstrate that they are trustworthy and that we will not have to worry about their past events creating any blocks in our event processing queue due to their failure to complete their post-tournament responsibilities.

Any Organizer who wants to post more than two events simultaneously (ex. For a multi-event series or at a multi-day convention) will still require special approval. We are considering the implementation of a formalized process for this as well, but it is not ready at this time.

Read the full policy here.

Tournament Types – 3on3 Type for Unranked Added
Over the past several months we’ve seen an upswing in demand for our WBBA-inspired 3on3 battle format. We’re thrilled to announce that starting today, 3on3 is an official unranked WBO Tournament Type that will no longer require unique approval.

Read 3on3 Type rules here.

Organizers Participating as Players Policy Clarification
In the "Running Your Tournament" section of the Organizer's Guide we have added in a new policy clarification regarding any Organizers who choose to play in their own tournaments. The purpose of the addition is to clarify that Organizers are indeed permitted to participate and that while they are playing in their own matches, they are to be treated solely as players for anything directly related to their match; they are not responsible for enforcing rulings in these specific scenarios, judges are.

Judge's Guide Updates

[Image: WBO-Judges-Guide.png]
Judges Participating as Players Policy Clarification
Under "Judging Guidelines" in the Judge's Guide we've added a "Playing in a Tournament You Are Judging" section worded similarly to the above policy clarification for Organizers playing in their own tournaments.

Staff Additions
henwooja1 & froztz Have Joined WBO Staff
We are thrilled to announce that henwooja1 and froztz will be joining our WBO Staff team. They have demonstrated immense knowledge of the Beyblade metagame, commitment to the community, and will be focusing their efforts as WBO Staff members on issues related to Organized Play.

Feedback?
If you have any feedback on these particular changes, or any questions or suggestions for further adjustments or additions, please post your thoughts below or in the WBO Organized Play Rules thread.

Thank you to everyone for your continued support of WBO Organized Play! We appreciate any and all feedback and are always looking to improve and clarify things where possible.
WHY WOULD YOU UNBAN XTEND+ FOR CLASSIC? Just ban Never because Classic shouldn't be powercrept.

Also still not banning Drift and Zone'+Z (and also Bearing') in Limited is quite concerning. The format will still not be fun.
(Oct. 19, 2021  1:00 AM)AirKingNeo Wrote: WHY WOULD YOU UNBAN XTEND+ FOR CLASSIC? Just ban Never because Classic shouldn't be powercrept.

Also still not banning Drift and Zone'+Z (and also Bearing') in Limited is quite concerning. The format will still not be fun.

Well, it looks like you haven’t been to a ranked tournament in awhile. The meta is constantly changing. I beat a few double drift and bearing decks myself. But please don’t argue with staff’s decisions.
(Oct. 19, 2021  1:09 AM)JCE_13 Wrote:
(Oct. 19, 2021  1:00 AM)AirKingNeo Wrote: WHY WOULD YOU UNBAN XTEND+ FOR CLASSIC? Just ban Never because Classic shouldn't be powercrept.

Well, it looks like you haven’t been to a ranked tournament in awhile. The meta is constantly changing. I beat a few double drift and bearing decks myself. But please don’t argue with staff’s decisions.
I think Xt+ should be fine in classic, though I do agree on his stance about Dr and Zn'+Z

Good update, glad to see the Hasbro exclusives coming to classic and turboA/K4 also being unbanned!

In classic there is literally 1 left bey. And it’s got horrible teeth from what I hear. Just hit it hard. With that done Xtend+ honestly isn’t that good same spin without a lot of weight with thinks like tempest or lord to support it. 
In limited I agree about bearing’ because the whole point of besring is it’s weak spring and just giving it 00 wall gives it insane LAD. So yeah I agree about bearing’. Drift not so much, drift is basically king of opposite spin but peasant of same spin in limited. It’s not like standard where drift can be controlled to have stamina. Zone’+z I have mixed opinions about but I think we should wait on it. 
When you say it’s still not gonna be fun that’s where you cross the line. Limited is personally my favorite format so I guess I’m a bit more biased, but overall every format is still fun albeit being unbalanced one way or another. The meta is too focused on stamina and LAD and not focused on defense or balance types at all with attack types serving as a risky counter to stamina beys. But we as bladers can change that, and even if we don’t it’s still fun. What exactly do you think Beyblade is?

This. I hate how so many people are literally arguing why they’re not, and it’s so annoying because it’s obvious they’re too OP for limited.
(Oct. 19, 2021  1:48 AM)BuilderROB Wrote:

This. I hate how so many people are literally arriving why they’re not, and it’s so annoying because it’s obvious they’re too OP for limited.
Sorry, I’m confused by your wording. Do you mean that by sarcasm or that the parts are actually to OP?
(Oct. 19, 2021  1:09 AM)JCE_13 Wrote:

"Don't argue with staff decisions" is a very poor idea - the forums have always thrived on lively debate. I don't necessarily agree with the guy but this is not a good response. You can respect people and still argue. The staff and directors, while experts, are not perfect godlike brings, whether or not they have sometimes acted like it (no offense). Staff need to be ready and willing to defend their decisions like any regular member - even directors.

On that note - I note the horrendous borrow and announce rule is still present? There's a good thread where a lot of people rip into it - the rule is a trashfire. I suspect there would have been a push internally for it in this update given I've spoken to 2 or 3 staff about it and they all seemed pretty keen, so I am curious why it didn't pass. I hope it is still up for consideration?
(Oct. 19, 2021  1:52 AM)th!nk Wrote:
(Oct. 19, 2021  1:09 AM)JCE_13 Wrote: Well, it looks like you haven’t been to a ranked tournament in awhile. The meta is constantly changing. I beat a few double drift and bearing decks myself. But please don’t argue with staff’s decisions.
"Don't argue with staff decisions" is a very poor idea - the forums have always thrived on lively debate. I don't necessarily agree with the guy but this is not a good response. You can respect people and still argue. The staff and directors, while experts, are not perfect godlike brings, whether or not they have sometimes acted like it (no offense)

On that note - I note the horrendous borrow and announce rule is still present? There's a good thread where a lot of people rip into it - the rule is a trashfire.

Well, they took it a bit too far with the “WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT” stuff. While I don’t exactly like the idea of Xtend+ back in limited or classic, I trust they made the decision for a good reason.
(Oct. 19, 2021  1:56 AM)JCE_13 Wrote:
(Oct. 19, 2021  1:52 AM)th!nk Wrote: "Don't argue with staff decisions" is a very poor idea - the forums have always thrived on lively debate. I don't necessarily agree with the guy but this is not a good response. You can respect people and still argue. The staff and directors, while experts, are not perfect godlike brings, whether or not they have sometimes acted like it (no offense)

On that note - I note the horrendous borrow and announce rule is still present? There's a good thread where a lot of people rip into it - the rule is a trashfire.

Well, they took it a bit too far with the “WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT” stuff. While I don’t exactly like the idea of Xtend+ back in limited or classic, I trust they made the decision for a good reason.
Blind faith is a fools game my man. Remember, the committee is also rarely in unanimous agreement - in fact, in the past they've traditionally at their best when decisions are made as a group considering everyone's opinions even if they disagree (though this is referencing stuff from almost a decade ago now haha). 

Tbh I think xt+ will be okay, though I do wonder if it will just totally push revolve etc out. I'm still building out my classic collection (which will be more fun now - gonna nab me a Balar asap) though so this is just curiosity, not implication 😅
(Oct. 19, 2021  2:12 AM)th!nk Wrote:
(Oct. 19, 2021  1:56 AM)JCE_13 Wrote: Well, they took it a bit too far with the “WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT” stuff. While I don’t exactly like the idea of Xtend+ back in limited or classic, I trust they made the decision for a good reason.
Blind faith is a fools game my man. Remember, the committee is also rarely in unanimous agreement - in fact, in the past they've traditionally at their best when decisions are made as a group considering everyone's opinions even if they disagree (though this is referencing stuff from almost a decade ago now haha). 

Tbh I think xt+ will be okay, though I do wonder if it will just totally push revolve etc out. I'm still building out my classic collection (which will be more fun now - gonna nab me a Balar asap)
Yeah, I guess you're right.
(Oct. 19, 2021  2:12 AM)th!nk Wrote: Blind faith is a fools game my man. Remember, the committee is also rarely in unanimous agreement - in fact, in the past they've traditionally at their best when decisions are made as a group considering everyone's opinions even if they disagree (though this is referencing stuff from almost a decade ago now haha). 

Tbh I think xt+ will be okay, though I do wonder if it will just totally push revolve etc out. I'm still building out my classic collection (which will be more fun now - gonna nab me a Balar asap)
I dont think xtend+ is gonna push out any drivers tbh. it doesn't have that much same spin without weight to support it. Its basically revolve with a wider base and not freespin.
Whether or not you agree with the drivers or tips being allowed in Classic and Limited, one thing is for certain: the staffs decision-making process behind these rulings is completely opaque.

Also we're going to need a visual guide on the newly permitted Hasbro layers, they're very hard to tell apart for many bladers.

Xt+ allowed in Classic. Huh. Any thoughts on Atomic then? If we're going to do this, we might as well go nuts.
(Oct. 19, 2021  3:41 AM)DeceasedCrab Wrote: Whether or not you agree with the drivers or tips being allowed in Classic and Limited, one thing is for certain: the staffs decision-making process behind these rulings is completely opaque.

Also we're going to need a visual guide on the newly permitted Hasbro layers, they're very hard to tell apart for many bladers.

Xt+ allowed in Classic. Huh. Any thoughts on Atomic then? If we're going to do this, we might as well go nuts.
I personally don’t think Xtend+ Is gonna be effective in classic. It’s basically revolve but with a wider base that isn’t Freespin or smooth. I may be wrong but let’s wait and see if Xtend+ actually outspins stuff same spin. I doubt it, but we’ll see. In the meantime I don’t think classic should have things like atomic.
(Oct. 19, 2021  1:37 AM)TheRogueBlader Wrote:

In classic there is literally 1 left bey. And it’s got horrible teeth from what I hear. Just hit it hard. With that done Xtend+ honestly isn’t that good same spin without a lot of weight with thinks like tempest or lord to support it. 
In limited I agree about bearing’ because the whole point of besring is it’s weak spring and just giving it 00 wall gives it insane LAD. So yeah I agree about bearing’. Drift not so much, drift is basically king of opposite spin but peasant of same spin in limited. It’s not like standard where drift can be controlled to have stamina. Zone’+z I have mixed opinions about but I think we should wait on it. 
When you say it’s still not gonna be fun that’s where you cross the line. Limited is personally my favorite format so I guess I’m a bit more biased, but overall every format is still fun albeit being unbalanced one way or another. The meta is too focused on stamina and LAD and not focused on defense or balance types at all with attack types serving as a risky counter to stamina beys. But we as bladers can change that, and even if we don’t it’s still fun. What exactly do you think Beyblade is?
Classic is the only good format. Limited was great at one point, but it has fallen very far.

(Oct. 19, 2021  1:52 AM)th!nk Wrote:
(Oct. 19, 2021  1:09 AM)JCE_13 Wrote: Well, it looks like you haven’t been to a ranked tournament in awhile. The meta is constantly changing. I beat a few double drift and bearing decks myself. But please don’t argue with staff’s decisions.

"Don't argue with staff decisions" is a very poor idea - the forums have always thrived on lively debate. I don't necessarily agree with the guy but this is not a good response. You can respect people and still argue. The staff and directors, while experts, are not perfect godlike brings, whether or not they have sometimes acted like it (no offense). Staff need to be ready and willing to defend their decisions like any regular member - even directors.

On that note - I note the horrendous borrow and announce rule is still present? There's a good thread where a lot of people rip into it - the rule is a trashfire. I suspect there would have been a push internally for it in this update given I've spoken to 2 or 3 staff about it and they all seemed pretty keen, so I am curious why it didn't pass. I hope it is still up for consideration?
I think we need an actual way to not risk a battle on blind faith if we want to get rid of the borrow rule. I personally think it's fine, though the punishment is too harsh. I think it needs to be fixed and not removed. But I could be wrong, I'm just going off of my experience with it. I think the best way to deal with that would be P3C1. Making it so you can be both safe and have hard counters removes the ambiguity when it comes to borrowed stuff imo. Also P3C1 just needs to be a thing in general.

(Oct. 19, 2021  3:41 AM)DeceasedCrab Wrote: Whether or not you agree with the drivers or tips being allowed in Classic and Limited, one thing is for certain: the staffs decision-making process behind these rulings is completely opaque.

At sounds kinda toxic imo as it removes the driver MU chart and just makes At the best. But hey! Orpheus O2 on At-S sounds like fun to me.
(Oct. 19, 2021  5:30 PM)bladekid Wrote:
(Oct. 19, 2021  1:37 AM)TheRogueBlader Wrote: In classic there is literally 1 left bey. And it’s got horrible teeth from what I hear. Just hit it hard. With that done Xtend+ honestly isn’t that good same spin without a lot of weight with thinks like tempest or lord to support it. 
Classic is the only good format. Limited was great at one point, but it has fallen very far.
that might be your opinion but it’s not mine. Something like A part being good for specific reasons may be a fact, but a format being good is an opinion.
Kerbeus K4: Gets unbanned
Spriggan Requiem: Am I a joke to you?
(Oct. 19, 2021  7:04 PM)BuilderROB Wrote: Kerbeus K4: Gets unbanned
I don’t get it. Is Kerbeus K4 as good as spriggan reqieum?
(Oct. 19, 2021  7:09 PM)TheRogueBlader Wrote:
I don’t get it. Is Kerbeus K4 as good as spriggan reqieum?

Kerbeus K4 is as good or even better than Spriggan requiem. It’s one of the most powerful Hasbro layers, yet it appears they don’t care about that and unbanned it for limited.

Might as well unban balkesh b3 while you’re at it, kerbeus is a right spin balkesh clone lmao. Ngl, spriggan requiem is probably less broken. But I don’t play limited, so what do I know

Congratulations to froztz and henwooja1 tho, they def deserved it
(Oct. 19, 2021  7:12 PM)The Blacknight Wrote:

Might as well unban balkesh b3 while you’re at it, kerbeus is a right spin balkesh clone lmao. Ngl, spriggan requiem is probably less broken. But I don’t play limited, so what do I know

The point is, if they’re gonna unban K4, they should unban Sr.
(Oct. 19, 2021  7:13 PM)BuilderROB Wrote:
(Oct. 19, 2021  7:12 PM)The Blacknight Wrote: Might as well unban balkesh b3 while you’re at it, kerbeus is a right spin balkesh clone lmao. Ngl, spriggan requiem is probably less broken. But I don’t play limited, so what do I know

It’s really that good? Wow. I need to pick this Kerbeus K4 up
(Oct. 19, 2021  7:13 PM)BuilderROB Wrote:
(Oct. 19, 2021  7:12 PM)The Blacknight Wrote: Might as well unban balkesh b3 while you’re at it, kerbeus is a right spin balkesh clone lmao. Ngl, spriggan requiem is probably less broken. But I don’t play limited, so what do I know

I know, I’m saying they should ban k4 and unban sr if they want that sort of brokenness in the meta. Ig it’s cuz sr has left spin and would replace df. But whatcha gonna do. I personally think limited fell when gt  layers came in, but I’ve only played it casually with friends, so I don’t really care.
(Oct. 19, 2021  6:45 PM)TheRogueBlader Wrote:
(Oct. 19, 2021  5:30 PM)bladekid Wrote: Classic is the only good format. Limited was great at one point, but it has fallen very far.
that might be your opinion but it’s not mine. Something like A part being good for specific reasons may be a fact, but a format being good is an opinion.
My thing is that liking a format is subjective, but a format being good is different. You can have clear guidelines and definitions of what makes a meta good or bad, and limited doesn't really do a good job of that, as it's very centralized to certain parts and there is a lack of variety, where as classic has definate top tiers, but nothing that centralizes the meta and there is reddely available counterplay that doesn't require a super hard guess. And Attack is that, but also takes skill.
(Oct. 19, 2021  7:47 PM)bladekid Wrote:
(Oct. 19, 2021  6:45 PM)TheRogueBlader Wrote: that might be your opinion but it’s not mine. Something like A part being good for specific reasons may be a fact, but a format being good is an opinion.
My thing is that liking a format is subjective, but a format being good is different. You can have clear guidelines and definitions of what makes a meta good or bad, and limited doesn't really do a good job of that, as it's very centralized to certain parts and there is a lack of variety, where as classic has definate top tiers, but nothing that centralizes the meta and there is reddely available counterplay that doesn't require a super hard guess. And Attack is that, but also takes skill.
Yeah it’s subjective, cause everyone likes different things. The rest of what you say is true for standard and limited because they have lefts. Classic only has 1 left with horrible teeth so people not-relying on LAD is naturally gonna make it balanced. But I just like the beys in limited and I feel like it’s the bladers who make it unbalanced. Think about this, in my community as far as I’ve seen there’s basically Geist/right Artemis on Zn’+z, galaxy on drift, and some other LAD combos. We can make different combos and still have a balanced meta. People just rely to much on stamina/LAD and attack as a very risky counter to that. Due to this defense and balance are basically cancelled out. I personally don’t like using typical meta combos because I feel like that’s what sets me apart from other bladers. Of course I still have a lot to learn, so I shouldn’t talk like I’m super skilled or anything. But If bladers use the same combos as everyone else are they actually skilled? Or do they just have the parts to make combos others have already crafted? I’m not saying everyone is unskilled just that we should all be open to different combinations.