WBO Organized Play Rule Updates August 2018: Spriggan Requiem/Maximum Garuda Unbanned

Outlined below are several important new ruling additions, updates, and clarifications to the WBO Organized Play Burst Format rulebook and the Organizers' Guide. View all WBO Organized Play Rules & Resources here, and a summary of the changes below:

Rule Updates Overview
  • IMPORTANT Don’t miss the July 2018 rule updates. Read Now.
  • Burst Format: Spriggan Requiem & Maximum Garuda Layers Unbanned

Burst Format Updates

[Image: Spriggan-Requiem-Layer-Beyblade-Burst.png] [Image: maximum-garuda-layer-beyblade-burst.png]

Burst Format: Spriggan Requiem & Maximum Garuda Layers Unbanned
Recent releases such as Hell Salamander and Archer Hercules have been proven to stand a better chance against Spriggan Requiem and Maximum Garuda, paving the way for their return. We believe that as a result both Layers will not be nearly as centralizing as they were earlier in the year.

Please note:
  • This unban is separate from and does not include Hasbro’s Spryzen Requiem S3 or Garuda G3 Layers.
  • Maximum Garuda may only be used with the Maximum Garuda God Chip or Metal God Chip.
  • Spriggan Requiem's mode (spin direction) cannot be changed between rounds within the same match.

Feedback?
If you have any feedback on these particular changes, or any questions or suggestions for further adjustments or additions, please post your thoughts below or in the WBO Organized Play Rules thread.

Thank you to everyone for your continued support of WBO Organized Play! We appreciate any and all feedback and are always looking to improve and clarify things where possible.

View all WBO Organized Play Rules & Resources here.
Nice! Although, yes, I'm a Hasbruh and have Spryzen Requiem S3 and Garuda G3, even so, I'm still definitely looking forward to how Sr and mG will stand up to the likes of hS, aH, and rP combos in future tournaments as well as testing! Thanks for the update and I look forward to reading the next one!
Great Stuff guys!

I'm so happy right now as the Only competitive combo I can make is Sr. 0.G, if I do appear in a tourney, I can be a bit competitive but that just disregards the reason for the unban XD. Gotta watch out for hS and aH who are getting comforted to the Meta...

I do understand why the same is not for Hasbeys though... Hasbro completely disregarded the fact that Takara Tomy did loosen the spring of Bearing for a specific reason...

Great read anyway!
I think this is an excellent change to make at this time. My only question while reading through the updated rule book is that I don’t think I saw anything about metal godchips and replacing mG’s godchip (let’s say an A mold chip). These might be non-issues at this point but I just wanted to be sure. Let me say sorry in advance if I just missed it while reading.
(Aug. 03, 2018  8:48 AM)Shindog Wrote: I think this is an excellent change to make at this time.  My only question while reading through the updated rule book is that I don’t think I saw anything about metal godchips and replacing mG’s godchip (let’s say an A mold chip).  These might be non-issues at this point  but I just wanted to be sure.  Let me say sorry in advance if I just missed it while reading.

This was always a rule even before and after the first ban. Correct me if I'm wrong...
It's lack of mention is unintentional and it'll be added back in today. It was only removed because it was irrelevant while it was banned.

The same rule applies as before; you may only use tha default Garuda chip and the Metal God Chip on mG Layers. This won't ever change, haha.
Thanks for the effort! I can understand the reason for not unbanning the Hasbro beyblades, but thanks for unbanning Sr and mG!! Wanna see how the winning combos get affected now...
(Aug. 03, 2018  11:25 AM)Suhasini Wrote: Thanks for the effort! I can understamd the reason for not unbanning the Hasbro beyblades, but thanks for unbanning Sr and mG!! Wanna see how the winning combos get affected now...

Hahaha it doesn’t rly seem like much will change, hS and aH outclass Spriggan Requiem in almost every aspect (except spin stealing). The other beys will be more likely to get them wins, so they’d go with the better options Smile
(Aug. 03, 2018  9:30 AM)~Mana~ Wrote: It's lack of mention is unintentional and it'll be added back in today. It was only removed because it was irrelevant while it was banned.

The same rule applies as before; you may only use tha default Garuda chip and the Metal God Chip on mG Layers. This won't ever change, haha.

Added it back in now. Also the Spriggan Requiem mode changing rule.
Why is spryzen requiem not unbanned? Doesn’t it have weaker slopes than TT’s. I know Garuda G3 is tighter than its counterpart but what about SR S3?
In TT’s meta game, they would be outclassed. But in Hasbro format, Spryzen Requiem S3 and Garuda G3 still dominate without the Turbo beyblades
(Aug. 03, 2018  3:15 PM)Laban Vanot Wrote: Why is spryzen requiem not unbanned? Doesn’t it have weaker slopes than TT’s. I know Garuda G3 is tighter than its counterpart but what about SR S3?

I believe Sr S3 was in the same boat, though I really only remember people talking about it combined with Bearing making it essentially unburstable.

What folks might consider doing is building up testing for Sr S3 and G3 against the current metagame in Burst Customizations. (Though as BuilderROB noted, this would probably only do for the Standard Format, with those two not coming back to Hasbro-only any time soon.) Though I wonder if there's a line to be drawn where a design defect essentially removes a major mechanic's possibility (bursting in this case).
(Aug. 03, 2018  3:50 PM)Frostic Fox Wrote:
(Aug. 03, 2018  3:15 PM)Laban Vanot Wrote: Why is spryzen requiem not unbanned? Doesn’t it have weaker slopes than TT’s. I know Garuda G3 is tighter than its counterpart but what about SR S3?

I believe Sr S3 was in the same boat, though I really only remember people talking about it combined with Bearing making it essentially unburstable.

What folks might consider doing is building up testing for Sr S3 and G3 against the current metagame in Burst Customizations. (Though as BuilderROB noted, this would probably only do for the Standard Format, with those two not coming back to Hasbro-only any time soon.) Though I wonder if there's a line to be drawn where a design defect essentially removes a major mechanic's possibility (bursting in this case).
Hasbro has really become OP recently, haven’t they?
(Aug. 03, 2018  4:03 PM)BuilderROB Wrote:
(Aug. 03, 2018  3:50 PM)Frostic Fox Wrote: I believe Sr S3 was in the same boat, though I really only remember people talking about it combined with Bearing making it essentially unburstable.

Hasbro has really become OP recently, haven’t they?

Did to their slopes , Right ( I think the next banned beyblade should be REVIVE PHEONIX , it is giving nightmares to Bladers who are playing against the owner of a Revive Pheonix  )
Is Revive Phoenix the next Maximum Garuda?
(Aug. 03, 2018  4:12 PM)BuilderROB Wrote: Is Revive Phoenix the next Maximum Garuda?

It IS . ( there is another beyblade that is coming that has the same design pattern as that of Maximum Garuda )
(Aug. 03, 2018  4:12 PM)BuilderROB Wrote: Is Revive Phoenix the next Maximum Garuda?

Pretty much, yes ?. In the last tournament I went to, the person with rP pretty muchalways won. There’s was only one person who owned an rP there... 

I got completely wrecked against him in the semi finals
Well I'm definitely glad that I bought a full Random Layer Collection Vol 8 a few days ago, lol
Oh,this will be interesting ,thought this is scary
(Aug. 04, 2018  11:46 AM)Unravel RK Wrote: Even Garuda G3 is really hard to burst

Bro check Mihir P's video. also it can be outspun easily now
Link Adarsh
(Aug. 04, 2018  11:50 AM)Adarsh Abhinav Wrote:
(Aug. 04, 2018  11:46 AM)Unravel RK Wrote: Even Garuda G3 is really hard to burst

Bro check Mihir P's video. also it can be outspun easily now

What if you put it with bearing?
(Aug. 04, 2018  2:06 PM)BuilderROB Wrote:
(Aug. 04, 2018  11:50 AM)Adarsh Abhinav Wrote: Bro check Mihir P's video. also it can be outspun easily now

What if you put it with bearing?

Sr on bearing, is not be as OP as hS bearing after all
(Aug. 04, 2018  2:18 PM)Adarsh Abhinav Wrote:
(Aug. 04, 2018  2:06 PM)BuilderROB Wrote: What if you put it with bearing?

Sr on bearing, is not be as OP as hS bearing after all

I meant Garuda G3