WBO Organized Play Random Thoughts

Was wondering if the WBO has plans to make a limited Burst format as well? Like strictly pre-God Layers only kind of thing. The mindset of kids nowadays is that once you have any of the God Layer system Beys, you're already a master in Beyblading when in reality there are so many of the pre-dual layers and dual layers that are OP (excluding Deathsycther/Dark Deathsycther) and still be used competitively (like A2, K2, Driger S in my opinion.)
(Feb. 27, 2018  6:14 PM)GemiosBlader10 Wrote: Was wondering if the WBO has plans to make a limited Burst format as well? Like strictly pre-God Layers only kind of thing. The mindset of kids nowadays is that once you have any of the God Layer system Beys, you're already a master in Beyblading when in reality there are so many of the pre-dual layers and dual layers that are OP (excluding Deathsycther/Dark Deathsycther) and still be used competitively (like A2, K2, Driger S in my opinion.)

uhh no the top tier god layers are already established as stronger. Also the meta before the God series was very boring.
(Feb. 27, 2018  6:40 PM)Limetka Wrote:
(Feb. 27, 2018  6:14 PM)GemiosBlader10 Wrote: Was wondering if the WBO has plans to make a limited Burst format as well? Like strictly pre-God Layers only kind of thing. The mindset of kids nowadays is that once you have any of the God Layer system Beys, you're already a master in Beyblading when in reality there are so many of the pre-dual layers and dual layers that are OP (excluding Deathsycther/Dark Deathsycther) and still be used competitively (like A2, K2, Driger S in my opinion.)

uhh no the top tier god layers are already established as stronger. Also the meta before the God series was very boring.

I mean, we could spice things up in a theoretical Limited Burst Format by using primarily Dual Layers
(Feb. 27, 2018  6:55 PM)MonoDragon Wrote:
(Feb. 27, 2018  6:40 PM)Limetka Wrote: uhh no the top tier god layers are already established as stronger. Also the meta before the God series was very boring.

I mean, we could spice things up in a theoretical Limited Burst Format by using primarily Dual Layers

probably the reason why the meta before was boring bc of the Neptune N1 and D1/D2 spam idk but... i kinda feel some parts were so underrated to the point that they weren't used enough due to the sudden (not really) release of the God beys. Cause in my perspective the MFB Limited Format paved way for some unexpected top tier combos without using any zero-g synchrome/hell/basalt/etc. maybe we can do the same for the Limited Burst?
Can some one help me out? I was wondering, if I take the QR code out of a hasbro bey is it still tournament legal? Or is it unusable?
(Apr. 03, 2018  2:43 AM)NastyNals Wrote: Can some one help me out? I was wondering, if I take the QR code out of a hasbro bey is it still tournament legal? Or is it unusable?

Quote:Disassembling Layers or swapping components between them in any way is not permitted.
(Feb. 27, 2018  6:40 PM)Limetka Wrote:

Yeah, I have to second this. I'd have no interest in a limited Burst format because the lack of balance in the meta was what drove me away from the series in the first place. Only came back for God because that was when things got interesting (until Sr.7/0.Br popped up).
Do you think making the Hasbro Star Storm Beystadium tournament legal would be a good idea?

The general design of the stadium makes (edit: self) Knock-Outs less likely than in the other Hasbro stadiums and the smaller play area would give a greater advantage to Attack Types (Which, let's face it, is a major problem in the metagame with Stamina/Defense mixes being overly common)

Furthermore, one of the biggest problems with people setting up tournaments is the availability of standard Burst Stadiums which can be expensive for some, so having a tournament legal Hasbro Stadium would make things easier for those who want to be tournament organizers.
(Apr. 04, 2018  4:32 PM)MonoDragon Wrote: Do you think making the Hasbro Star Storm Beystadium tournament legal would be a good idea?

The general design of the stadium makes Knock-Outs less likely than in the other Hasbro stadiums and the smaller play area would give a greater advantage to Attack Types (Which, let's face it, is a major problem in the metagame with Stamina/Defense mixes being overly common)

Furthermore, one of the biggest problems with people setting up tournaments is the availability of standard Burst Stadiums which can be expensive for some, so having a tournament legal Hasbro Stadium would make things easier for those who want to be tournament organizers.

my vote is an absolute no. 

introducing a smaller play area would disrupt the existing logic behind double value bursts and knock outs.  unless those factors were also revisited, any change to allowed stadiums would be imbalanced.
I've seen the tournaments that say they will loan out beys, and I was wondering how that gets managed?

I'm thinking about organizing tournaments in my area in the future, and this was something that sounds like a good idea to help people participate who don't have their own beys (and hopefully grow their interest). Maybe I could even buy some parts specifically for the role of borrowing, if I can spare the cash then. But my concerns come with not having enough to go around or people walking off with parts. And so yeah, I was wondering how others went about it.
(Apr. 04, 2018  4:32 PM)MonoDragon Wrote: The general design of the stadium makes Knock-Outs less likely than in the other Hasbro stadiums and the smaller play area would give a greater advantage to Attack Types (Which, let's face it, is a major problem in the metagame with Stamina/Defense mixes being overly common)

Knockouts being more likey is what makes a stadium good for Attack types, not the other way around, and the ridge's shape is absolutly abysmal for any meaningful attack patterns. And that's not even getting into how small the stadium is and the problems that causes...

The Star Storm stadium is really not a good choice for a cheaper legal Beystadium, and unless Hasbro releases a stadium with the same dimensions/exit-to-wall ratio as the Standard Type, there will likely never be a good substitution.
(Apr. 04, 2018  4:58 PM)Frostic Fox Wrote: I've seen the tournaments that say they will loan out beys, and I was wondering how that gets managed?

I'm thinking about organizing tournaments in my area in the future, and this was something that sounds like a good idea to help people participate who don't have their own beys (and hopefully grow their interest). Maybe I could even buy some parts specifically for the role of borrowing, if I can spare the cash then. But my concerns come with not having enough to go around or people walking off with parts. And so yeah, I was wondering how others went about it.

It's based on a sort of trust system. You let them borrow your parts, and you trust that they won't lose it. Players should bring their own beys and parts but borrowing is quite common for missing parts for combos. But there shouldn't be too many people who borrow from one person, it should be their responsibility to bring a Bey to a Beyblade tournament.
Of course, you can also deny them of borrowing your parts.
(Apr. 04, 2018  5:01 PM)TrainiacJ Wrote:
(Apr. 04, 2018  4:32 PM)MonoDragon Wrote: The general design of the stadium makes Knock-Outs less likely than in the other Hasbro stadiums and the smaller play area would give a greater advantage to Attack Types (Which, let's face it, is a major problem in the metagame with Stamina/Defense mixes being overly common)

Knockouts being more likey is what makes a stadium good for Attack types, not the other way around, and the ridge's shape is absolutly abysmal for any meaningful attack patterns.

The Star Storm stadium is really not a good choice for a cheaper legal Beystadium, and unless Hasbro releases a stadium with the same dimensions/exit-to-wall ratio as the Standard Type, there will likely never be a good substitution.

Well I meant less self knockouts from Attack Types due to the ridge shape.

Can you guys tell I'm grasping at straws to make Attack Types more viable? Cause I honestly am. I hate the Stamina Types only issue with Beyblade's metagame.
You haven't been to London tournaments then. Attack combinations are pretty common here because people are bored with Stamina matchups. And even then, attack types are pretty viable already honestly; there's plenty that you can conjure up, and Xtreme combinations will pretty much always work really.

I'd have said the problem part in the meta causing the stamina matchups at the moment is Spriggan Requiem though (and maybe Bearing in it's own right, but I think that's balanced), but it definitely is creating an unhealthy stamina metagame again. If you can't beat them, join them after all.

I don't think we'll be making any Hasbro stadiums legal either, unless they basically release TT's Burst stadium like-for-like.

(Apr. 04, 2018  4:58 PM)Frostic Fox Wrote: I've seen the tournaments that say they will loan out beys, and I was wondering how that gets managed?

That's on a personal basis. We don't require anyone to lend parts out, nor do we have procedures to do so. People should only do it if they want to, and should make up their own rules for it.

I used to bring a tonne of parts to lend out, but I had a few got lost or get stolen as a result, so I don't do that anymore. It's very strictly "I have some parts. You can borrow them for a tournament match if you ask, but I'll have them back straight after the match". We also have the benefit of Mr LT actually selling at the event now, so lots of people would rather buy their own than borrow from people.
Thanks @[Mage] and @[~Mana~] for the input. I understand that it's an optional thing, it just seemed like the tournaments that have a "No bey? No problem!" bit meant those organizers (or someone there) would have parts at the ready for people who had no beys at all. Like it was fairly organized and whatnot.

If returning parts after each individual match is a thing, then maybe that would solve what I'm thinking about. People could just keep borrowing and returning from a designated point between matches. Then it's easier to have parts for more people. Probably something more doable for an anime convention or the like.

But again, not a must. Just something I've been thinking about. I'd like to invest into more stadiums first, so the borrowing setup is not a priority idea, just something that I thought might be good to do.
I thought of this list for a potential Limited Burst Format. It's goal is to eliminate heavy discs and dominating layers for the most part as to open up the metagame by a great deal:

Banned Layers:

ALL ChoZ and God/swtichstrike layers
Dark Deathscyther
Lost Longinus
Exceptions: Shelter Regalus and Shadow Orichalcum due to lackluster burst resistance and stamina.

Banned Discs:

All Number cores
Heavy
Gravity
(Maybe?) Quarter
Outer
(This is because most top tier combos use heavier than average discs in the standard metagame. Banning them would open up the use of many more discs that can be used. In the dual layer days, Heavy and Gravity were virtually the only Discs being used because they essentially outclassed everything else. I may leave an exception for quarter, as it is exceptionally unbalanced, making it more prone to burst)
Exceptions: 11, due to its abnormally light weight for a core disc.what 

All frames Banned Due to almost all core number discs being banned.

Banned Drivers:
No drivers are banned, because the driver meta seems to be largely even.

Feel free to edit this list as much as you want. this is just an early concept. Tweak it as much as you want
(Apr. 04, 2018  3:21 AM)The Supreme One Wrote: Yeah, I have to second this. I'd have no interest in a limited Burst format because the lack of balance in the meta was what drove me away from the series in the first place. Only came back for God because that was when things got interesting (until Sr.7/0.Br popped up).

Just wanted to say that if we were going to do this (we have not had any discussions), we would of course design it in a way so as to avoid the worst parts of what the metagame was like before by banning things like Deathscyther and Dark Deathscyther too. I'd say the emphasis would be on finding a way to make Attack as attractive as possible.

In any case, I think the idea of "Limited" Formats is better as a sort of end game for when the series is approaching the end of its life. It breathed a lot of life into Metal Fight Beyblade at the end for us and became the best format by far for that series, so I'd imagine us taking similar action in the future. But Burst shows no signs of slowing down right now, so it's not really in the cards at the moment.

That, and it's also easier to manage a "Limited" Format when the pool of parts is fixed.
While I was repairing my LR string launcher, I lost the little rod that usually sticks out when a beyblade is mounted. The launcher itself performs the same as it did before repairs, but would it still be legal to use even with that rod missing?
(Apr. 10, 2018  7:56 AM)SP451 Wrote: While I was repairing my LR string launcher, I lost the little rod that usually sticks out when a beyblade is mounted. The launcher itself performs the same as it did before repairs, but would it still be legal to use even with that rod missing?

Not legal for Tournament play unfortunately.
(Apr. 04, 2018  4:51 PM)RedPanda2 Wrote:
(Apr. 04, 2018  4:32 PM)MonoDragon Wrote: Do you think making the Hasbro Star Storm Beystadium tournament legal would be a good idea?

The general design of the stadium makes Knock-Outs less likely than in the other Hasbro stadiums and the smaller play area would give a greater advantage to Attack Types (Which, let's face it, is a major problem in the metagame with Stamina/Defense mixes being overly common)

my vote is an absolute no. 

introducing a smaller play area would disrupt the existing logic behind double value bursts and knock outs.  unless those factors were also revisited, any change to allowed stadiums would be imbalanced.

I think that's a good idea, test out the stadium and revisit the logic to see if something fair is doable.

Making a separate setup/format to make a more easily accessible stadium work sounds like something worth considering. People who don't like it don't have to go to those tournaments. (I would rather use the TT Standard Type, but I would go to an event that didn't use it in my area. I'd support any efforts.)

If it doesn't work out, it doesn't work out. But if we can find a reasonable and fair way to make tournaments more widespread, that would be good.

Another way to go about it is to have a community effort that helps people find where/how to buy the correct stadiums. I'm sure even an official thread that walked through what to look for and where to look would do wonders. Probably would be less effective than legalizing a more readily available stadium, but by making it easier, it makes it more likely for people to follow through.

Or do both, why not?
Along with Kei's snapshot of the rankings pre-AN17, I've been archiving the top 30 of Burst about every month or so here, this is so people can see who was where at a given point in time that would have otherwise been lost with all of these events being processed at once.

I'm so close to the top 5 and it makes me sad to know that this is the closest I'll ever be to getting the Platinum Bit - I'm scheduled to lose about 36 points in October and players who consistently perform well in tournaments like Alta, King Loofa, Yami, and eventually Sniper and OldSchool™ will probably pass me in between then and now.
Heyo. Sooo... I just watched a few tournaments on the WBO's YouTube channel and... I'm hyped now XD. I'm getting excited just watching and I'm planning which beys to get since I only have five and all are fakes XD. Tournaments in Tennessee happen... Not often so I'm getting really excited to attend one if it happend. See you there!
Hi, is there a 3D simulation program anywhere that can simulate launches? I have a couple launch ideas and wanted to see how they look.
what is a face booster?

where can i find one?
Would it be possible in the future to make it possible to attend a tournament anonymously so as to not reveal your location? I’m sure plenty of people(including myself) would like to go to a tournament but would rather not make their location, appearance, ect. public.