WBO Organized Play Official Rules & Discussion

Plastics thing - I see that other hidden spirit ARs (Hayate/Raiden etc's AR and Aveiron and Zeo) are still banned - I forget if that was reversed in my time but I recall it being discussed and agreed that there was little reason to ban them, even under the published rulings from Takara.

Griffolyon, Salamalyon, Bakutenryu Zeo and Bakutenryu Aveiron all use fairly standard bases as well, they're not great but there's little reason for them to be banned - the BB and WD of Hayate etc is pretty dodgy though.

Also, despite being legalised, the System Incompatibility section still mentions Dragon Breaker+Screw Zeus
There is also a typo in the SP section of "slows" instead of "slots"

The ruling on broken parts is excellent, by the way.
(Apr. 02, 2021  12:59 PM)th!nk Wrote: Plastics thing - I see that other hidden spirit ARs (Hayate/Raiden etc's AR and Aveiron and Zeo) are still banned - I forget if that was reversed in my time but I recall it being discussed and agreed that there was little reason to ban them, even under the published rulings from Takara.

Griffolyon, Salamalyon, Bakutenryu Zeo and Bakutenryu Aveiron all use fairly standard bases as well, they're not great but there's little reason for them to be banned - the BB and WD of Hayate etc is pretty dodgy though.

Also, despite being legalised, the System Incompatibility section still mentions Dragon Breaker+Screw Zeus

Thanks for catching this stuff.

As far as Zeus and the typo goes, I went ahead and fixed it.  

As far as the hidden spirits stuff I am not sure as to how or why they got banned and if things were reversed.  Plastics as a whole is really low on the agenda tho.  The best way is actually for a member to put up a proposal and the OP team or a director sees support for it.  I don’t know much about them.  I had a few when I bought a lot in Japan from mandrake.  I gave them all away almost immediately.  I don’t feel knowledgeable enough to speak about them.
(Apr. 06, 2021  4:43 AM)Shindog Wrote:
(Apr. 02, 2021  12:59 PM)th!nk Wrote: Plastics thing - I see that other hidden spirit ARs (Hayate/Raiden etc's AR and Aveiron and Zeo) are still banned - I forget if that was reversed in my time but I recall it being discussed and agreed that there was little reason to ban them, even under the published rulings from Takara.

Thanks for catching this stuff.

As far as Zeus and the typo goes, I went ahead and fixed it.  

As far as the hidden spirits stuff I am not sure as to how or why they got banned and if things were reversed.  Plastics as a whole is really low on the agenda tho.  The best way is actually for a member to put up a proposal and the OP team or a director sees support for it.  I don’t know much about them.  I had a few when I bought a lot in Japan from mandrake.  I gave them all away almost immediately.  I don’t feel knowledgeable enough to speak about them.

Thanks for that!

I'll try to dig up the old case I made for it back in the day with my evidence re Takara rulings etc. I believe the parts ban was explicit rather than a general ruling, thus not applying to anything but the BB and WD, like Bearing Gyros. I've found some old posts of mine but will see if I can find evidence - I think I once PM'd it to Kei but I no longer have that available to me.
is the new DB stadium going to be Tournament legal?
(Apr. 29, 2021  11:46 PM)DeltaZakuro Wrote: is the new DB stadium going to be Tournament legal?

We likely won't know for sure until multiple trial events have been held.
(Apr. 29, 2021  11:46 PM)DeltaZakuro Wrote: is the new DB stadium going to be Tournament legal?
Hopefully not.
(Dec. 31, 2009  11:48 PM)Kei Wrote: View all World Beyblade Organization Organized Play Rules & Resources here. This includes the following:

Use this thread to discuss any questions or concerns you may have about WBO Organized Play rules.
I've asked these questions over PMs a couple times and gotten no response. I think either the PM system is iffy or [REDACTED]. Hopefully we get some actual answers before tomorrow's tournaments.

Can you do a single mode change from a Low DB layer into a high DB layer during a match? I would honestly vote no on this one, Gatinko layers specifically have rules against disassembly on that line during a match, and I guess they never updated for Sparking core modes (pulling out a free spin core mode for a fixed core mode on 2B for example) and for DB layers (low to high or high to low). 

For the Hybrid or Ignition' drivers, are you allowed to, as a mode change, disassemble the bey, turn the L switch to R, and turn off the driver? Personally, I would rule that disassembly for the R/L switch probably not allowed, but it looks like in the rules there's a note that accidental mode changes like wings coming out are supposed to be reset each round, and I figure this would apply to cases where one of those tips started off and turned itself on.

I could legitimately be interpreting this incorrectly, but when someone drops in a swiss tournament, do their missed matches count against their beyrank? Should those matches be processed on WBO's beyranked matches?

In Swiss Format, when a player drops or disappears, the organizer's guide says:
"Dropped Participants in Swiss Format
If a player drops from a Swiss tournament, they will retain their wins but receive match losses for the remainder of the tournament.

However for all formats, if a player stays to complete their round robin/swiss round matches and makes the finals, they will only be given losses for their battles in the finals."

So that tends to make it sound like they get losses in the tournament, and doesn't say what the determination of those matches for WBO beyrank is. Only the round robin formats indicate that.
"Dropped Participants in Round Robin & Block Round Robin
If a player drops from an event before completing all of their matches in a Round Robin-based event, they will be given "losses" for every match both played and unplayed.

What this means is that the matches the dropped player has played will be counted for the WBO Rankings (meaning it should be listed as a win in the results spreadsheet), but will all be considered "losses" within the context of the event."

So here, at the beginning of the Dropped Participants section, it seems to establish a "The actual matches count and get processed, but in the tournament itself, treat it differently, with all losses in round robins and all losses moving forward in Swiss/Elimination."

It is true that the Swiss section of the rules it does not specify how to handle WBO beyrank processing of the matches, and a strict interpretation could be made for "They lose any matches they no-show to, and WBO beyrank should reflect that." But I'd always interpreted the whole dropped participants section as "None of the non-executed matches get WBO processed, even if they are tournament processed, here's how to tournament process each one." So, which is it?

It does make a difference, because different organizers and processors are handling it differently. In two tournaments by two different people, dropped participant matches continued and were scored as losses in the tournament, but also scored as losses for WBO beyrank. In a recent tournament run by someone else, the dropped participant was removed from further matches after round 2, and their loss matches turned into Byes for other bladers. In that example, the one loss they had for dropping, would that be processed? Should they have been removed from further matches at all, sparing them from further losses?
(Aug. 01, 2021  1:05 AM)DeceasedCrab Wrote: 1.
Can you do a single mode change from a Low DB layer into a high DB layer during a match? I would honestly vote no on this one, Gatinko layers specifically have rules against disassembly on that line during a match, and I guess they never updated for Sparking core modes (pulling out a free spin core mode for a fixed core mode on 2B for example) and for DB layers (low to high or high to low). 

Honestly, this is a good point and I had completely forgotten that GaTinko Layers had this ruling at all. I can't even remember how or when it was added, though I assume it was for time saving purposes. This is probably something we'll relax in our next update as I cannot think of a good reason beyond time-saving that this rule actually needs to stay.

Nonetheless, with regards to this for Sparking and DB; we've proceeded under the mindset that this is legal as your one-time change. There aren't many parts that this affects within Sparking, so this would only be done on those that actually have mode changes or impactful orientation changes as a result of this anyway (rotating 2-Stamina to change contact points for example).

For DB, this would indeed mean that you can swap between High and Low mode, but you need to live with your decision for the rest of the match. I can't imagine players doing this often as it doesn't always provide a benefit, but it's something to keep in mind as an option.

(Aug. 01, 2021  1:05 AM)DeceasedCrab Wrote: 2.
For the Hybrid or Ignition' drivers, are you allowed to, as a mode change, disassemble the bey, turn the L switch to R, and turn off the driver? Personally, I would rule that disassembly for the R/L switch probably not allowed, but it looks like in the rules there's a note that accidental mode changes like wings coming out are supposed to be reset each round, and I figure this would apply to cases where one of those tips started off and turned itself on.

Turning on/off these Drivers does not require disassembly, and therefore would not use your one-time mode change via disassembly.

Changing direction on Hybrid does require disassembly however, and would use your one-time mode change via disassembly.

(Aug. 01, 2021  1:05 AM)DeceasedCrab Wrote: 3.
I could legitimately be interpreting this incorrectly, but when someone drops in a swiss tournament, do their missed matches count against their beyrank? Should those matches be processed on WBO's beyranked matches?

In Swiss Format, when a player drops or disappears, the organizer's guide says:
"Dropped Participants in Swiss Format
If a player drops from a Swiss tournament, they will retain their wins but receive match losses for the remainder of the tournament.

However for all formats, if a player stays to complete their round robin/swiss round matches and makes the finals, they will only be given losses for their battles in the finals."

So that tends to make it sound like they get losses in the tournament, and doesn't say what the determination of those matches for WBO beyrank is. Only the round robin formats indicate that.
"Dropped Participants in Round Robin & Block Round Robin
If a player drops from an event before completing all of their matches in a Round Robin-based event, they will be given "losses" for every match both played and unplayed.

What this means is that the matches the dropped player has played will be counted for the WBO Rankings (meaning it should be listed as a win in the results spreadsheet), but will all be considered "losses" within the context of the event."

So here, at the beginning of the Dropped Participants section, it seems to establish a "The actual matches count and get processed, but in the tournament itself, treat it differently, with all losses in round robins and all losses moving forward in Swiss/Elimination."

It is true that the Swiss section of the rules it does not specify how to handle WBO beyrank processing of the matches, and a strict interpretation could be made for "They lose any matches they no-show to, and WBO beyrank should reflect that." But I'd always interpreted the whole dropped participants section as "None of the non-executed matches get WBO processed, even if they are tournament processed, here's how to tournament process each one." So, which is it?

It does make a difference, because different organizers and processors are handling it differently. In two tournaments by two different people, dropped participant matches continued and were scored as losses in the tournament, but also scored as losses for WBO beyrank. In a recent tournament run by someone else, the dropped participant was removed from further matches after round 2, and their loss matches turned into Byes for other bladers. In that example, the one loss they had for dropping, would that be processed? Should they have been removed from further matches at all, sparing them from further losses?

It's a good question and probably an archaic and badly worded ruling that we need to review. There is an unnecessary divide between Round Robin and Swiss there, which causes a massive inconsistency.

However, taking things as they are per our rulebooks:
  • Yes, matches they do not attend are forfeited in the context of the event. The event spreadsheet should reflect this too, ideally with a note to say that the loser forfeited.
  • Yes, those matches forfeited are processed through the rankings. Players should have only attended knowing that this event would take a few hours to complete and that they'd need to stay for it, and by not showing up for the rest of their matches, they're ruining the experience for other players too (people came to play, not to be told they can't).
We'll tackle this in our next update as there's an easy solution to this. But please take this at face value as-is; matches you forfeit count as losses, and will still be processed against your BeyRank. Players should not be dropped from an event, just marked as a loss on all unplayed matches.
I figured this was as good as any thread to ask this question, but how are new rules made? Do all the staff members get together and vote or is it decided on what ruling is the most agreed with within the whole cite?
Can organizers play in the tournaments and can participates use fake Beyblade’s
(Sep. 26, 2021  1:55 AM)Master_Dante Wrote: Can organizers play in the tournaments and can participates use fake Beyblade’s

Yes organizers can play in tournmants but no fakes are banned no matter who you are due to safety reasons
"The score is tied: the match score remains as is and:
Standard Type: Each player selects a Beyblade with all different parts." What should we do if a blader only has one beyblade with them and no lender parts are available?
(Oct. 18, 2021  11:37 PM)Zektor Wrote: "The score is tied: the match score remains as is and:
Standard Type: Each player selects a Beyblade with all different parts." What should we do if a blader only has one beyblade with them and no lender parts are available?

I think the other person has to change but the person with no other parts can use the same bey.
In a deck is it just one bey that xan be dissembled and changed? Or every bey with 1 change?
Say you have 3 DB beys in low mode and 1 of them is prominence pheonix

1: Would you only be allowed to switch 1 of the 3 beys into high mode 1 time? 2: Would you be able to switch all three of them into high mode one time in the match? If option 2 is true than instead of switching to high mode could you switch the pheonix to heavy mode or normal mode with the other 2 being switched to high mode?
I assume we are going to make a preliminary ruling prohibiting removing QD tips along the lines of zn'+z etc, but as I understand it, the WBBA allows removing +z/+x, (also disk frames, which is niche but could be useful in GT on kp' (if you need the extra weight or extra lad from no frame can vary based on match up) and this appears to be the intent for Hasbro with QD as well. Even in the event this makes, say, assault-qd+kick too strong, that is a separate issue with assault-qd IMO. I personally feel like we should match TT and Hasbro on this one.
(Feb. 24, 2022  10:33 AM)th!nk Wrote: I assume we are going to make a preliminary ruling prohibiting removing QD tips along the lines of zn'+z etc, but as I understand it, the WBBA allows removing +z/+x, (also disk frames, which is niche but could be useful in GT on kp' (if you need the extra weight or extra lad from no frame can vary based on match up) and this appears to be the intent for Hasbro with QD as well. Even in the event this makes, say, assault-qd+kick too strong, that is a separate issue with assault-qd IMO. I personally feel like we should match TT and Hasbro on this one.
That sounds sad. Hasbro had better release a QD Tip to neuter Assault+Kick, or at least be good for attack.
(Feb. 24, 2022  11:47 AM)p0l1w4g06 Wrote:
(Feb. 24, 2022  10:33 AM)th!nk Wrote: I assume we are going to make a preliminary ruling prohibiting removing QD tips along the lines of zn'+z etc, but as I understand it, the WBBA allows removing +z/+x, (also disk frames, which is niche but could be useful in GT on kp' (if you need the extra weight or extra lad from no frame can vary based on match up) and this appears to be the intent for Hasbro with QD as well. Even in the event this makes, say, assault-qd+kick too strong, that is a separate issue with assault-qd IMO. I personally feel like we should match TT and Hasbro on this one.
That sounds sad. Hasbro had better release a QD Tip to neuter Assault+Kick, or at least be good for attack.

I am not saying assault+kick is too strong. It was speculated once or twice that it "might be" too versatile or too much like an assault' etc. I am merely putting that in as a response to a possibility.
(Feb. 24, 2022  11:51 AM)th!nk Wrote:
(Feb. 24, 2022  11:47 AM)p0l1w4g06 Wrote: That sounds sad. Hasbro had better release a QD Tip to neuter Assault+Kick, or at least be good for attack.

I am not saying assault+kick is too strong. It was speculated once or twice that it "might be" too versatile or too much like an assault' etc. I am merely putting that in as a response to a possibility.
Oh Ok
Are there any beys banned and are different series in their own format?
(Jun. 26, 2022  7:56 PM)NoctisOfficial Wrote: Are there any beys banned and are different series in their own format?

There are a few different formats that are more limited in scope with plenty of banned parts. Check out all the different rule sets here! 

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0...eenK-Unpjg
The burst standard rules clearly indicate that Hasbro and TT ChoZ Phoenix layers require one of the two available appropriate armor rings to be used on the layer. Giant section for them under Part Specific Rulings.

No such restriction exists for Prominence.

You might want to add a section for that, the existing rules do not have a section that indicates it must be used. Unless you're cool with Prominence being launched in Heavy/Light/None modes in WBO tournaments.
(Jul. 03, 2022  2:07 AM)DeceasedCrab Wrote: The burst standard rules clearly indicate that Hasbro and TT ChoZ Phoenix layers require one of the two available appropriate armor rings to be used on the layer. Giant section for them under Part Specific Rulings.

No such restriction exists for Prominence.

You might want to add a section for that, the existing rules do not have a section that indicates it must be used. Unless you're cool with Prominence being launched in Heavy/Light/None modes in WBO tournaments.

In the Hasbro anime expo thing that have going on the champion won by removing his dead phoenix armor to improve his stamina.
https://www.instagram.com/p/CfHesElpZI6/?hl=en

I don't know how that do over in the east though with that rule. I feel like the armor must be on.
Hi I hope this is the right section for this but I'm curious if we're allowed to sell takara Tomy a Beyblades at tournaments? Do I have to ask fighting spirits permission? I feel like it would good opportunity to expose a lot of players that either don't know about the takara tomy Beyblades or can't get them because they're not in stores.