WBO Organized Play Official Rules & Discussion

(May. 30, 2020  9:41 PM)The Real Libra Wrote: When the rulebook states that any Hasbro or TT stadium is legal in unranked matches, does this qualify stadiums from any era regardless of format, and does this encompass Sonokong stadiums?

Yes, and it technically does include Sonokong too. The only exception is Zero-G Format; tournaments in that format need to use any official stadium from that era.
Can I change a Chassis mode during a battle?
(Jun. 01, 2020  2:33 AM)g2_ Wrote: Can I change a Chassis mode during a battle?

Nope

Yes. Once per match because you need to disassemble the Beyblade in order to do so.

This is in accordance with our established guidelines for "Parts with Multiple Modes" found in the Burst Format rulebook.
(Jun. 01, 2020  2:39 AM)Kei Wrote:

Yes. Once per match because you need to disassemble the Beyblade in order to do so.

This is in accordance with our established guidelines for "Parts with Multiple Modes" found in the Burst Format rulebook.
Ok, thank you. And what about Xtend+?
(Jun. 01, 2020  11:21 AM)g2_ Wrote:
(Jun. 01, 2020  2:39 AM)Kei Wrote: Yes. Once per match because you need to disassemble the Beyblade in order to do so.

Ok, thank you. And what about Xtend+?

Drivers do not require disassembly of the Beyblade combo and therefore can be changed as many times as you want to in between rounds.
Quick question. Lets say I'm using stock variant lucifer, and my opponent is using any bey that has particularly spiky points. There's a rule where if your bey/a part of your bey breaks mid battle, you have to exchange it for a similar part or its forfeit. If one of the rubber blades on 2D break off, does this count towards the break rule or does it just continue as normal?
(Aug. 12, 2020  9:12 PM)LeonidasKerbeus Wrote: Quick question. Lets say I'm using stock variant lucifer, and my opponent is using any bey that has particularly spiky points. There's a rule where if your bey/a part of your bey breaks mid battle, you have to exchange it for a similar part or its forfeit. If one of the rubber blades on 2D break off, does this count towards the break rule or does it just continue as normal?

I believe you would continue as normal as this type of “breakage” was already planned by Takara Tomy. I would consider it the same has Judgment layer’s rubber being shaved off.
Would you be disqualified from a tournament if one of the beys in your deck were fake but the rest were official?
(Aug. 24, 2020  6:04 PM)6Jupiter5 Wrote: Would you be disqualified from a tournament if one of the beys in your deck were fake but the rest were official?

It has a lot to do with when it's discovered and intent. Be specific for specific answers.

Was it known by the user to be fake?
When was its status as a fake discovered?

The Organizers Guide has rules on this.
Staff you guys may want to check the Burst rulebook. The link leads to an error saying the item is in Violation of Google Drive's terms of service for me at least. The other rules are fine.
(Aug. 27, 2020  11:47 AM)Giraton Wrote: Staff you guys may want to check the Burst rulebook. The link leads to an error saying the item is in Violation of Google Drive's terms of service for me at least. The other rules are fine.

It's working fine for me, so it might just be something on your end. Maybe try changing accounts if the issue hasn't been resolved yet. Also, just so you know, it's not possible to mention/ping all of the WBO Staff at once. You just mentioned some random user called "Staff" that hasn't used their account at all.
(Aug. 27, 2020  11:47 AM)Giraton Wrote: Staff you guys may want to check the Burst rulebook. The link leads to an error saying the item is in Violation of Google Drive's terms of service for me at least. The other rules are fine.

Where did you get the link? Was it something you had saved?

A while ago that did happen to our rulebook (probably because we had some TT images in it), so we made a new copy: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1mbjw...sp=sharing

This is the one that is currently publicly visible in our resources folder.
Say I have Mirage Fafnir, can I handspin it right or left during tournaments?
(Sep. 07, 2020  6:18 AM)6Jupiter5 Wrote: Say I have Mirage Fafnir, can I handspin it right or left during tournaments?

They allow handspinning in the anime, but it's not allowed during WBO tournaments. Mirage can only be launched from a left TT or Hasbro Burst launcher.
(Sep. 07, 2020  7:51 AM)DeceasedCrab Wrote:
(Sep. 07, 2020  6:18 AM)6Jupiter5 Wrote: Say I have Mirage Fafnir, can I handspin it right or left during tournaments?

They allow handspinning in the anime, but it's not allowed during WBO tournaments. Mirage can only be launched from a left TT or Hasbro Burst launcher.

Thanks that clears things up (also there goes my rage counter)
I was wondering if an organizer can join their own tournament? As soon as I turn 13 I want to make a tournament in Austin.
(Jan. 07, 2021  2:51 PM)USN Wrote: I was wondering if an organizer can join their own tournament?  As soon as I turn 13 I want to make a tournament in Austin.

Yes, you may join your own event. I don’t think there’d be as many events run if organizers couldn’t 😅
(Jan. 07, 2021  2:57 PM)CheetoBlader Wrote:
(Jan. 07, 2021  2:51 PM)USN Wrote: I was wondering if an organizer can join their own tournament?  As soon as I turn 13 I want to make a tournament in Austin.

Yes, you may join your own event. I don’t think there’d be as many events run if organizers couldn’t 😅

Thank you for responding so quickly!
Hello I have some questions on how first stage is run for a WBO event.
1. First stage consist entirely of single bey/3 point matches correct?
2. Are mode changes like World Spriggan left-> right allowed in first stage?
3. If a organizer participates in a official WBO event, when it’s the organizers turn who determines the outcome? Still the organizer I assume?

Thank you for your time!!
(Feb. 01, 2021  10:01 AM)ShoeKureneye Wrote: Hello I have some questions on how first stage is run for a WBO event.
3. If a organizer participates in a official WBO event, when it’s the organizers turn who determines the outcome? Still the organizer I assume?

1. It depends on the format, say swiss or single elim, but probably only Swiss.
2. Likely yes, probably only once though.
3. Pretty sure each tournament has a panel of Judges
(Feb. 01, 2021  10:01 AM)ShoeKureneye Wrote: Hello I have some questions on how first stage is run for a WBO event.

1. Unless otherwise specified, First Stage matches will be first to 3 points with 1 Bey each.
2. This question depends on the Mode Change you're referring to. If it's a Mode Change that doesn't require disassembly, such as a Driver Mode Change, you can do that as many times as you want between points. If it's a Mode Change that requires disassembly, such as the Mode Changes on Hell Salamander or the Turn Frame, then you can only do that once per match. Dual Spin Layers are an exception to that rule because they'd be way too good if they were allowed to change, so none of the Dual Spin Layers are allowed to change Spin Direction after you've shown the combo to the Judge. Also, a rule that is less commonly known about Mode Changes is that, if either player calls for a Replay/Rematch in a Deck Format match, neither player can switch Modes someone calls for no replay/rematch.
3. The Organizer isn't the only person that is able to Judge. To speed things up, Organizers will usually have about 3 separate matches going on at the same time, and they can appoint people to help judge. Also, most Organizers make sure to have at least one backup judge in case any of the main judges has to participate in a match.
(Feb. 01, 2021  1:59 PM)CitrusNinja3 Wrote: Also, a rule that is less commonly known about Mode Changes is that, if either player calls for a Replay/Rematch in a Deck Format match, neither player can switch Modes someone calls for no replay/rematch.

Actually, this part is false, with the only exception being Gravity Perseus in MFB Limited, since it's restricted to one spin direction change per match in that format. However, unlike in Burst, doing that doesn't require disassembly (and disassembly mode changes are banned in MFB formats), so players are forbidden from changing specifically its mode to prevent from them exploiting that loophole.

The same rules for mode changing outside of an active round still apply, meaning that you can change modes of parts like Trans or TH170 that don't require disassembly at any time, and use the one "disassembly" mode change in Burst for something like Lift or Twin Nemesis at this point as well.

(Feb. 01, 2021  1:59 PM)Organizers Guide Wrote: 5. Replays
The loser of each round is asked if they want to replay using the same bey as in the previous round. If a replay is requested, neither blader can switch their bey for the next round. Replays do not affect the result of the previous round.
(Feb. 01, 2021  8:04 PM)Wombat Wrote:
(Feb. 01, 2021  1:59 PM)CitrusNinja3 Wrote: Also, a rule that is less commonly known about Mode Changes is that, if either player calls for a Replay/Rematch in a Deck Format match, neither player can switch Modes someone calls for no replay/rematch.

Actually, this part is false, with the only exception being Gravity Perseus in MFB Limited, since it's restricted to one spin direction change per match in that format. However, unlike in Burst, doing that doesn't require disassembly (and disassembly mode changes are banned in MFB formats), so players are forbidden from changing specifically its mode to prevent from them exploiting that loophole.

The same rules for mode changing outside of an active round still apply, meaning that you can change modes of parts like Trans or TH170 that don't require disassembly at any time, and use the one "disassembly" mode change in Burst for something like Lift or Twin Nemesis at this point as well.

(Feb. 01, 2021  1:59 PM)Organizers Guide Wrote: 5. Replays
The loser of each round is asked if they want to replay using the same bey as in the previous round. If a replay is requested, neither blader can switch their bey for the next round. Replays do not affect the result of the previous round.

Oh, thanks for the explanation.The Gravity Perseus thing does make sense, although the Burst Format Rulebook also states "This bars both bladers from switching their Beyblade (or mode of their Beyblade) in the next round." in regards to replays, so I'm guessing that was pasted in there on accident or theres some difference that I'm missing.
I do wonder if there could be some rule to prevent self ko’s without any contact. It just seems so unfair that a bey looses just because it self destructed before it could do anything and it also kills the likeliness of attack type combos being used.