WBO Organized Play Official Rules & Discussion

(Oct. 11, 2019  9:08 PM)DeceasedCrab Wrote:
(Oct. 11, 2019  7:56 PM)Flame~Capricorn Wrote: I feel as if we should have a gentleman rule, where any player can, before the match begins, can ask their opponent if they can play in a specified stadium that is generally not tournament legal. If their opponent agrees, then they can use that stadium for their match. This rule could help out beginners who are more used to their home stadiums. Lastly, gentleman matches would often be more fun for both the competitors and the spectators.
Also, please learn how the term "gentleman's agreement" works. You could easily just phrase it as "if both bladers and the judge agree, then".

I know how the term works. It would be really kind of you to not be so condescending. And if it really matters, then I apologize for not being as concise in my wording as you would like me to be.
There has been a fair amount of discussion in the GT Customize Set about the Hybrid Driver, and I just wanted to put down my thoughts about its usage in WBO Tournaments.
1) Trial banning Hybrid until further testing is done. Not even a week after release, an "Infinite Stamina" trick has been found with the Hyrbid Driver, as shown in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYnJrwLPV5s . Having a Bey spin for 49 minutes (assuming the timer is accurate) is way too long. The Go Weight made the Bey really shaky, which likely messed with the sensors in the Hybrid Driver to the point of having it constantly activated. The test was just a solo spin test, but a Bey that has little recoil can probably take advantage of this exploit. There are probably other ways to mess with the sensors that we don't know of, and therefore cannot combo ban Hyrbid from all of the potential abusers. Even without this exploit, Hybrid is pretty good at Tornado Stalling for longer than Zephyr' and Accel' but immediately goes back to the middle when the motor deactivates.
2) If Hybrid is usable, turn it off. Banning the On mode for Hybrid might be the only way that ensures that it doesn't break the meta. It seems to have decent LAD, but not game-breaking in any stretch of the imagination. The Driver's Shape, OWD, and size make it significantly easier to destabilize than most other Drivers, especially if the motor is turned off.
3) If the Hybrid Driver is usable in On mode, should putting the motor in the wrong direction be legal? If so, it would have to include the right to changing modes once per match. So far, no official source has said anything about needing to be in the correct spin-direction. The correct direction would lead to Tornado Stalling and more Stamina, while the opposite direction would lead to a more aggressive approach. Reverse mode Hybrid would work as a pseudo Ig', which could push for the legality of using the opposite mode, assuming that electric Drivers are allowed in the first place.
CitrusNinja3 We are investigating as it is still early on and information is sort of just starting to come in and not everyone has it yet ... But what I can say is that at this current moment it is legal for WBO events as per TAKARA-TOMY's ruling. If anything changes, we will definitely post about it.
Kei so I've seen you updated the Classic Banlist with L-Drago which is not so surprising but what about Gaia Dragoon? People have been saying it is banned but it hasn't been ruled that it is.
(Oct. 25, 2019  11:19 PM)MrBlade Wrote: Kei so I've seen you updated the Classic Banlist with L-Drago which is not so surprising but what about Gaia Dragoon? People have been saying it is banned but it hasn't been ruled that it is.

Well apparently it's too heavy... It does weigh 17 grams, so basically an early Cho-Z bey. But performance wise, I think it would be fair to have in Classic, considering it basically sucks. Most people wouldn't use it even if they could.
how long before p3c1 makes it's debut in ranked if it ever does
(Oct. 25, 2019  11:19 PM)MrBlade Wrote: Kei so I've seen you updated the Classic Banlist with L-Drago which is not so surprising but what about Gaia Dragoon? People have been saying it is banned but it hasn't been ruled that it is.

We are working on some other updates now for a more official rule update announcement, but I've gone ahead and added it now. I think the weight alone is enough to place it on the list unless proven otherwise through testing.

(Oct. 25, 2019  11:56 PM)Ravinchen Wrote: how long before p3c1 makes it's debut in ranked if it ever does

In ranked? That's a tough question to answer. But you saw my responses in Shindog's thread starting here: https://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Los-Ang...pid1552815

But in any case, we aren't there yet as I think it would be good for a few more communities to host Pick 3, Choose 1 events and post about their experience publicly like Shindog did before we start making decisions. I'm doing a Pick 3, Choose 1 Burst Classic event this weekend in Toronto.
(Oct. 24, 2019  4:16 AM)CitrusNinja3 Wrote: There has been a fair amount of discussion in the GT Customize Set about the Hybrid Driver, and I just wanted to put down my thoughts about its usage in WBO Tournaments.
1) Trial banning Hybrid until further testing is done. Not even a week after release, an "Infinite Stamina" trick has been found with the Hyrbid Driver, as shown in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYnJrwLPV5s . Having a Bey spin for 49 minutes (assuming the timer is accurate) is way too long. The Go Weight made the Bey really shaky, which likely messed with the sensors in the Hybrid Driver to the point of having it constantly activated. The test was just a solo spin test, but a Bey that has little recoil can probably take advantage of this exploit. There are probably other ways to mess with the sensors that we don't know of, and therefore cannot combo ban Hyrbid from all of the potential abusers. Even without this exploit, Hybrid is pretty good at Tornado Stalling for longer than Zephyr' and Accel' but immediately goes back to the middle when the motor deactivates.
2) If Hybrid is usable, turn it off. Banning the On mode for Hybrid might be the only way that ensures that it doesn't break the meta. It seems to have decent LAD, but not game-breaking in any stretch of the imagination. The Driver's Shape, OWD, and size make it significantly easier to destabilize than most other Drivers, especially if the motor is turned off.
3) If the Hybrid Driver is usable in On mode, should putting the motor in the wrong direction be legal? If so, it would have to include the right to changing modes once per match. So far, no official source has said anything about needing to be in the correct spin-direction. The correct direction would lead to Tornado Stalling and more Stamina, while the opposite direction would lead to a more aggressive approach. Reverse mode Hybrid would work as a pseudo Ig', which could push for the legality of using the opposite mode, assuming that electric Drivers are allowed in the first place.

It also seems like the hybrid driver is fragile. It can't really takes hits that Much. I think that the more it's used, its on mode gets less effective and begins to struggle more.

Also, how come it counts as a KO if it gets into the hole but comes back out? It happens most of the time and is probably a feature of the stadium.
(Dec. 15, 2019  3:32 PM)DreamBlade Wrote: Also, how come it counts as a KO if it gets into the hole but comes back out? It happens most of the time and is probably a feature of the stadium.

I’d really like a follow up to this question. I feel like it’s been brought up for months with radio silence in return. 

It really makes playing under wbo rules unenjoyable (especially with how the overall burst meta is favoring attack customs, as of late). Our rules should more closely resemble official wbba rulesets.
What if you wanted to do a tournament where anything can be used, For example rip fire parts and 3d printed parts, how would you go about that?
(Jan. 15, 2020  4:59 AM)YellowKing14 Wrote: What if you wanted to do a tournament where anything can be used, For example rip fire parts and 3d printed parts, how would you go about that?

That's a question that's been asked many times before. I don't think the WBO is ever going to make a format like that. However, Angry Face has started "Combat tops", so I'd check that out.
(Jan. 15, 2020  4:59 AM)YellowKing14 Wrote: What if you wanted to do a tournament where anything can be used, For example rip fire parts and 3d printed parts, how would you go about that?

It would have to be a non-WBO tournament. Those aren't allowed under WBO rules. Good luck with your tournament. But keep it out of the tournament announcements and regional threads.
(Jan. 15, 2020  5:10 AM)DeceasedCrab Wrote:

It would have to be a non-WBO tournament. Those aren't allowed under WBO rules. Good luck with your tournament. But keep it out of the tournament announcements and regional threads.

Thanks!
I know in Burst Classic all discs like Sting, Hurricane, and Blitz are banned which also means the Paradox disc is banned. However of course Paradox consists of a disc and the ring around it to flip the disc around or whatever. This got me thinking would Paradox without the ring could possibly be allowed in Burst Classic or would it require some testing first or is it straight up banned even without the ring.
im looking for help with a combo but all the placec i look are closed threads where do i look?
(Jan. 19, 2020  7:37 PM)Infernia Wrote: im looking for help with a combo but all the placec i look are closed threads where do i look?

Hi! Welcome to WBO!

The thread you're looking for is https://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Build-m...o-2--88501

The " WBO Organized Play Official Rules & Discussion" is not the correct place to ask questions of this type. https://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Questio...ut-the-WBO is.
Is removing the blue swords for the union base considered a mode change? Or is it like ruled like using a frame for a disk?
(Jan. 25, 2020  7:43 PM)gxpt2000 Wrote: Is removing the blue swords for the union base considered a mode change? Or is it like ruled like using a frame for a disk?
It is a mode change.
(Jan. 25, 2020  8:10 PM)BuilderROB Wrote:
(Jan. 25, 2020  7:43 PM)gxpt2000 Wrote: Is removing the blue swords for the union base considered a mode change? Or is it like ruled like using a frame for a disk?
It is a mode change.

This is actually incorrect under WBO rules. It is not considered a mode change and cannot be changed mid-match.

Burst Format Rulebook Wrote:Gatinko Layer combinations cannot be disassembled and reconfigured during a match in order to use a different part or mode.
Thanks to everyone that helps with processing tournament results!
I have a question, but I think I know the answer. I’m just doing this to check.

With the new stadium rules for Unranked tournaments, do all of the stadiums at different stations have to be the same? I’m thinking about hosting an Unranked tournament for fun, so I’m just checking. I feel like the answer is yes, but better safe than sorry.
(May. 21, 2020  4:20 PM)CheetoBlader Wrote: I have a question, but I think I know the answer. I’m just doing this to check.

With the new stadium rules for Unranked tournaments, do all of the stadiums at different stations have to be the same? I’m thinking about hosting an Unranked tournament for fun, so I’m just checking. I feel like the answer is yes, but better safe than sorry.

I mean, it'd be difficult for your players if they weren't, as suddenly people would have to have multiple stadium plans in mind.
(May. 21, 2020  4:20 PM)CheetoBlader Wrote: I have a question, but I think I know the answer. I’m just doing this to check.

Yes, all stadiums need to be the same for a level playing field. The type of stadium being used also need to be declared during the event proposal and may not be changed afterwards to avoid people attending an event for a stadium they didn't want to play in.

So for example, if you wanted to have your event in the Hasbro HyperSphere BeyStadium and run four stadiums simultaneously, all stadiums will need to be of that specific type.
(May. 23, 2020  5:10 AM)MagikHorse Wrote:

I mean, it'd be difficult for your players if they weren't, as suddenly people would have to have multiple stadium plans in mind.
(May. 23, 2020  1:04 PM)~Mana~ Wrote:

Yes, all stadiums need to be the same for a level playing field. The type of stadium being used also need to be declared during the event proposal and may not be changed afterwards to avoid people attending an event for a stadium they didn't want to play in.

So for example, if you wanted to have your event in the Hasbro HyperSphere BeyStadium and run four stadiums simultaneously, all stadiums will need to be of that specific type.
Okay, thanks. I plan on hosting with the Cho-Z Musou stadium so I was just checking.
When the rulebook states that any Hasbro or TT stadium is legal in unranked matches, does this qualify stadiums from any era regardless of format, and does this encompass Sonokong stadiums?