Toys R Us Tournaments

when will the beyblade toys r us tournament be thats all around the world
Kai-V Pretty much. Mine, like as most of the rest, was just a basic even where little kids gathered around a BeyStadium and just randomly started launching into said BeyStadium. Mine had absolutely NO organization. It was 18 kids with 4 stadiums... utter chaos.
Mines wasn't a tourney, sadly. We took turns battling though, even got to the point of having 4 way battle royales and stuff. The kids surprisngly knew what they were talking about O_O these are like 10 year olds too..I was surprised. So basically, the TRU over here was just like a hangout and blade with others thing.
Same here, there were kids that knew about BBP, Gravity Perseus, etc. I was quite shocked. They looked upon me as a god-like figure when I used my BeyLauncher L/R in left spin, and attached an L-Drago to it. I was thinking "What, it's just your average BeyLauncher L/R."
(Jul. 17, 2011  4:29 AM)Coasters "R" Us Wrote: Same here, there were kids that knew about BBP, Gravity Perseus, etc. I was quite shocked. They looked upon me as a god-like figure when I used my BeyLauncher L/R in left spin, and attached an L-Drago to it. I was thinking "What, it's just your average BeyLauncher L/R."

Nice the kids at my place were all under 8 years old aside from my sister and my cousin. none of them besides my relatives had ever seen a beyblauncher. and they would launch their beys on the Floor!!! all those poor HFs and WDs being destroyed T_T
(Jul. 17, 2011  4:33 AM)ShadowL-Drago Wrote: Nice the kids at my place were all under 8 years old aside from my sister and my cousin. none of them besides my relatives had ever seen a beyblauncher. and they would launch their beys on the Floor!!! all those poor HFs and WDs being destroyed T_T

I hope it was linoleum and not concrete >< I saw some kids on youtube beyblading on a garage floor. I died a little inside.
PunkBlader get on topic?

Kai-V you say nothing, do you mean literally nothing, as in there weren't even stadia available? Apparently someone won multiple prizes which I question. Many people have said a "meetup". I'm confused, the big retailer ToysRus are relatively disorganized in spreading the "attention".
(Jul. 17, 2011  4:45 AM)ControL_ Wrote: Kai-V you say nothing, do you mean literally nothing, as in there weren't even stadia available? Apparently someone won multiple prizes which I question. Many people have said a "meetup". I'm confused, the big retailer ToysRus are relatively disorganized in spreading the "attention".

I place the stories of there being nobody, and there being some people just playing for nothing, in the "Nothing" category.
(Jul. 17, 2011  4:59 AM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Jul. 17, 2011  4:45 AM)ControL_ Wrote: Kai-V you say nothing, do you mean literally nothing, as in there weren't even stadia available? Apparently someone won multiple prizes which I question. Many people have said a "meetup". I'm confused, the big retailer ToysRus are relatively disorganized in spreading the "attention".

I place the stories of there being nobody, and there being some people just playing for nothing, in the "Nothing" category.
The variety of attendees at this event is large.
From nothing to small "hangout" to tournament with $30+ worth of prizes.
According to some, people got free Beyblade(s).

That's good, while some places did not. Possibly some of the managers did not have it right and prizes were to be given, most likely the other way around.
(Jul. 17, 2011  5:08 AM)ControL_ Wrote: The variety of attendees at this event is large.
From nothing to small "hangout" to tournament with $30+ worth of prizes.

But would one of those places where nothing happened really have gotten turned into a tournament if more people had come ? Would the employees in those Toys 'R' Us really have cared ? What were their instructions anyway, not to make any tournament if there were not at least ten kids ?
I went to a toysrus tourny in Illinois not to long ago beat my friend brother rival and rivals brother all at once
(Jul. 17, 2011  5:10 AM)BeyBladestation Wrote: According to some, people got free Beyblade(s).

That's good, while some places did not. Possibly some of the managers did not have it right and prizes were to be given, most likely the other way around.
That was for winning,
(Jul. 17, 2011  1:53 AM)ShadowL-Drago Wrote: Well i Just got back from The Tournament. The Lady There actually took my advice and held a "Tournament" in which i wont both times. and she gave away beyblades and sticker sheets. i got Thermal Lacerta Killer Pices Dark Libra Earth Aquila Ray Unicorno and Counter Leone! had lots of fun!
They only hosted a tournament because they took his advice. Doesn't sound professional, hah?

Plus he got 6 beys for free... That isn't right.

Kai-V I'll have a look at the attendee count some people have posted. I don't think the instructions were clear at all if they were to take a kid's advice...

Edit2:
CoastersRus: 18 kids, 4 stadia, utter chaos, no organisation.
RZ: 14 kids, 2 stadia (omg), lack of prizes, winner got 10% off purchases that day, and stickers.
Ultimate KCPJ: 6 kids
DrigerS master: 10 kids
ShadowL-Drago: Lady took his advice, prizes for him: 6 Beyblades
Ethan37066: Super Vortex set and double packs.
I'm so confused of the disorganization that could be taking place here.

That guy claims 6 beyblades? Holy smokes. $50 value, free. Well, it depends also where they reside, at least it might be possible that bigger cities had prizes and some smaller did not.
Ar the one I went to my rival found it on face book it was more proffecinal
And the prizes were super vortex battle set and double packs
Pearlridge
Yup, it was a little gathering. Some kid brought in a plain old Scythe Kronos T125EDS and wrecked everyone. The staff was kind of watching and giving away stickers. Little kids be poking around in my Tackle-box which is now adorned in stickers. No real tournament, just a bunch of kids (+ a guy) (also a mother perhaps) ripping it out in Max Stampedes and a FireStrike Stadium. No free giveaways of blades and whatnot. Just the stickers and coupons. Also picked up a Midnight Bull.

It was pretty cool. Unsmith
I actually ran the one at my store today. Pretty good turn-out, about 14 players, most of them vehemently opposed to using the out-of-box ones we offered for newbies and rookies. Thanks to our GM I was actually able to give away some of the stuff, giving prizes to Top 4 in the form of stadiums and beyblades. Still awaiting word from Hasbro whether or not we're doing it again next month, but here's hoping.

EDIT: Just went back and saw people asking about what kinds of instructions TRU received and figured I'd shed some light, what with working there and all. It wasn't actually presented as a tournament, but rather a little event to push the product. They gave the basic point-scoring rules or alternatives for faster play, and that's about it. The reason my store became a tourney location with prizes was two-fold. One, my store manager is cool and was willing to give us extra space and in-stock stadiums for match-ups in addition to allowing me to give away the free product we received for the demo as prizes. Second, I work there and couldn't just stand idly by without it being a much cooler event than the instructions called for =P
It seems each Toys'R'us was supplied with 6 beyblades from 3 double packs. It may have been the manager's choice for the prize. In my case, the 6 beyblades were not prizes and were just opened to lend people without beyblades. It may have been different in other locations.
Also, I'm pretty sure every Toys'R'us was given sticker sheets and $2 off coupons (which only works on July 16th.)
(Jul. 17, 2011  3:14 PM)RZ Wrote: It seems each Toys'R'us was supplied with 6 beyblades from 3 double packs. It may have been the manager's choice for the prize. In my case, the 6 beyblades were not prizes and were just opened to lend people without beyblades. It may have been different in other locations.
Also, I'm pretty sure every Toys'R'us was given sticker sheets and $2 off coupons (which only works on July 16th.)

This is exactly how the Toys R Us near me worked too.
(Jul. 17, 2011  4:29 AM)Coasters "R" Us Wrote: Same here, there were kids that knew about BBP, Gravity Perseus, etc. I was quite shocked. They looked upon me as a god-like figure when I used my BeyLauncher L/R in left spin, and attached an L-Drago to it. I was thinking "What, it's just your average BeyLauncher L/R."

Right! One little girl asked me about BBP and if it was real; I had to tell them all about it, how it's in Japan and it's the 4D series Pegasis and stuff. Then she said to her brother I told you o.O Then they saw my SK Gravity Perseus and gazed in awe. Asked where my Beylauncher LR was and I almost cried...it broke. I wanna know how they know about all this, though.

@ Control_ to help out, there was 10 kids and two MXS on a table. Theye gave us ALL sticker sheets, $2 off coupon for Beyblade, and some Ray Striker card thingy. It was organized amongst ourselves. We took turns and battled and decided to have big battles, so yeah. They didn't give us free beyblades Crying
For those saying you were "surprised" kids knew about the newer blades, the WBO is NOT the ultimate or sole beyblade information website. People keep up with releases on their own.
drigers Master
I know this is offtopic, but you can check my thread "Fixing All Your Beylaunchers!" and you should be able to fix it unless it's like the handle or something. Tongue_out
Sadly I wasn't able to go to the tourneys yesterday, I was at the lake. Crying
(Jul. 17, 2011  9:37 PM)Bluezee Wrote: For those saying you were "surprised" kids knew about the newer blades, the WBO is NOT the ultimate or sole beyblade information website. People keep up with releases on their own.

Except that almost all other sites take their information because I post them here ...
(Jul. 18, 2011  1:14 AM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Jul. 17, 2011  9:37 PM)Bluezee Wrote: For those saying you were "surprised" kids knew about the newer blades, the WBO is NOT the ultimate or sole beyblade information website. People keep up with releases on their own.

Except that almost all other sites take their information because I post them here ...

I.e the Beyblade Wikia. I haven't seen any other sites, though, because the WBO is the only one I use.

Raigeko13 Yeah I know, but sadly one of the pieces got lost and I can't find it. Otherwise, it'd have been fixed by now Grin
Beybladebattles.com says there will be two more tournaments, 8/27 (12pm - 2pm) & 10/22 (2-4pm).