[Toronto, ON, 5/24/14] GRAND BATTLE TOURNAMENT 2: WBO North American Championship

on
Hosted by
  Kei
Contact Host
Format

Type

One Beyblade is prepared and used in each First Stage match.

Read more
Admission
cash  

The WBO is a volunteer, fan-run organization.
About the WBO

Submit pics and clips from this event to earn Bits + be featured on our social media pages!

Find Out How

WBO events are public and you may be photographed.
View Photo Policy

[Image: JlDi8LJ.png]

SATURDAY, MAY 24, 2014
Anime North 2014 - Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Sheraton Toronto Airport Hotel - Haliburton Room
LIMITED FORMAT

9:30 AM - Free Battle & Set Up
10:30 AM - Registration for GRAND BATTLE TOURNAMENT 2
11:30 AM - GRAND BATTLE TOURNAMENT 2: WBO NA Championship 2014

The WBO is proud to announce that we will be partnering with ANIME NORTH 2014–for the seventh consecutive year–to host GRAND BATTLE TOURNAMENT 2: WBO North American Championship 2014! With Bladers from across the continent will be battling it out for the title of WBO North American Champion, the competition will surely be intense.

Want to participate?
GRAND BATTLE TOURNAMENT 2 will be open to the public, but if you live in North America, and aren't able to afford the trip up to Toronto? Don't worry! We've got you covered; win one of our qualifier tournaments and you'll win paid travel expenses up to Toronto! Here's the list of qualifiers currently planned:

This list is likely not final, so please stay tuned for updates about more qualifiers in the coming days/weeks!

View the full announcement here for details!

Entry: You need an AN Pass!
A Blader Passport is not required for this tournament, as AN does not allow event organizers to charge entry fees for events within the convention. However, if you want to support the WBO so we can host even better tournaments with even better prizes in the future, and participate in the BeyPoints ranking System in future tournaments, then you will need one! So, if you wish to purchase one at the tournament, that is still possible.

To participate in the tournament, you currently have a few options to gain entrance: a) a weekend pass or b) a day pass for Saturday at AN. Click here for information about online registration for ANIME NORTH 2014. Please note that children (ages 6-13) are admitted for half price.

This year will mark the tenth AN tournament since the original GRAND BATTLE TOURNAMENT at Anime North 2005. The fact that we’re all here to recognize this anniversary of sorts can only be a testament to the collective passion we all share for this game, and more importantly, to the longevity and resolution of this community to move forward in the face of uncertainty. Additionally, the new Limited Format is the best recent examples of this, and that’s why it has been chosen as the format for the championship this year. It’s something we alone created as a community, and it’s something we will watch and help grow as time passes, all as a result of our own will and determination.

Many people have come and gone since that day at Anime North 2005 almost ten years ago, but what hasn’t changed, and what won’t change–unless we let it–is the tradition. Regardless of who attends each year and who doesn’t, the experience of meeting Bladers from across North America–and the world–each year is absolutely unforgettable, inspiring, and special. As an organization who’s very existence is so deeply rooted in the idea of competitive play and interacting with others, I have always found it hard to think of anything else which embodies what the WBO is about more than the AN weekend every year. Wherever you are, if you have the chance to attend, take it. And with that said …

If you think you'll be able to make it out to GRAND BATTLE TOURNAMENT 2, please post here and I will start building an attendance list!

Attendees:
Kei
Kai-V
Kai-U
Shining God MS
MidnightLWBO
Dark_Mousy
bladeryBoB66
LMAO
The Sponge
OrionBlade
Cye Kinomiya
geetster99
Yuko Ray14
Fang Wolf
Sniperâ„¢
Arupaeo
"Byxis"
Jiffy
Winx
1234beyblade
christopher473
JesseObre
Leone19
jamie

Possible Attendees:
'''''....'''''
UltimateOrion
rage sagittero
Classik
sarabscientist
PRO SEAGULL
pyrus10000
JesseObre
aBladerlikeyou
Leone7
ridbladebreaker
TylerPT
Stormscorpio1
The Troll
Crimson
SideOfPReach

Need-to-Know Information

1. During Registration, Open Your Account Page

Open your account page on your mobile device (if possible) during registration to help us keep things quick.

2. Arrive On Time

You must arrive by the tournament start time to enter. We cannot add new players to an event once it begins. If you're running late, contact the host.

3. Stay Aware of Your Belongings

We do everything possible to ensure a safe environment, but can't be held responsible for lost or stolen goods. Keep your gear close by!

4. The Tournament Will Last At Least a Few Hours

This event is likely to last at least a few hours. If you can't commit to the entire tournament, you're welcome to come watch and play for fun instead!

5. Listen For Your Username To Be Called

Your name will be called when it's time for your next battle. If you need to leave early or take a break, tell a judge. Missing a match could mean disqualification!

6. Players Must Meet Regional Product Age Restrictions

All players in this event must meet the age restrictions on Beyblade products in their region. TAKARA-TOMY recommends Beyblade for ages 6+. Hasbro recommends Beyblade for ages 8+. Players under these ages may only participate with the permission of their parent/guardian.

7. Players Under 18 Must Be Accompanied by a Parent/Guardian

If you are under 18 years old, a parent/guardian must accompany you and be present for the duration of the event.

8. Contests, Raffles, Gambling, Betting, and Selling Are Prohibited

Advertising the sale of any product or service, as well as posting about any contest, raffle, gambling, or betting on this event page and conducting them at the event without approval by Fighting Spirits Inc. staff is prohibited. Please contact the Organized Play team if you require approval.

9. Terms of Service

All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

But he was there the whole time last time Serious.
(Feb. 23, 2014  1:40 AM)Dark_Mousy Wrote:
(Feb. 23, 2014  1:37 AM)Snoop Dog MS Wrote: Awesome, Brads gonna be there. I won't be a nub anymore XD. This ANs goal: Actually get Brad some BeyPoints .

You know he doesn't play at AN. Just visits.

Plot Twist- He participates this year lol, aw man this year's AN i going to be awesome! I'm pretty sure i can make it again this year haha best tournament of the year!
So it pretty much is AN? Now I just need to figure out if it's going to be a plastics/hms only tournament. If it is I might not go :c
(Feb. 23, 2014  3:39 AM)ridbladebreaker Wrote: So it pretty much is AN? Now I just need to figure out if it's going to be a plastics/hms only tournament. If it is I might not go :c

Well considering its been Anime North since at least 2009, I don't see why they would change it without telling the community. Considering how far some people travel or have traveled for this.
(Feb. 23, 2014  3:44 AM)Dark_Mousy Wrote:
(Feb. 23, 2014  3:39 AM)ridbladebreaker Wrote: So it pretty much is AN? Now I just need to figure out if it's going to be a plastics/hms only tournament. If it is I might not go :c

Well considering its been Anime North since at least 2009, I don't see why they would change it without telling the community. Considering how far some people travel or have traveled for this.

Oh okay cool, is there any word on the format? Me attending is now based on the format since I don't own any top tier plastics or hms parts.
(Feb. 23, 2014  3:56 AM)ridbladebreaker Wrote: Oh okay cool, is there any word on the format? Me attending is now based on the format since I don't own any top tier plastics or hms parts.

Nothing has been said. It would be in the OP of this thread if anything was said.
(Feb. 23, 2014  3:58 AM)Dark_Mousy Wrote:
(Feb. 23, 2014  3:56 AM)ridbladebreaker Wrote: Oh okay cool, is there any word on the format? Me attending is now based on the format since I don't own any top tier plastics or hms parts.

Nothing has been said. It would be in the OP of this thread if anything was said.

Okay, where is the OP usual put in discussions?

Wow, how did you know that our largest event of the year will only include the two formats with the smallest number of competitors? Well, I guess it's time to come out and say it:

The announcement will be accompanied by the revelation that I have bought out the World Beyblade Organization and am renaming it Beyblade Events Group Australia (BEGA), and turning it into a for-profit enterprise having also bought the rights to the Beyblade franchise itself. Beyblade Events Group Australia will then reproduce Beyblades from the Plastics and HMS eras alongside new parts based on those systems but made of solid steel and with even more powerful designs, which will be sold as a new "Bega Ultimate Legendary League Competitive Advancement Release Premiums" line, retailing for around $100 each (this was foreshadowed by Hasbro's Legends announcement, of course, though some of the staff at the Toy Fair must have got confused about the name. Don't worry, they'll be punished appropriately).
Bladers will be required to apply for membership to Beyblade Events Group Australia to buy official BEGA Beyblade Products, and a further monthly fee will need to be paid for membership to our Bega Ultimate Legendary League to even be sold the Bega Ultimate Legendary League Competitive Advantage Release Premiums line. Think Blader Passports but much more profitable.

See, GBT2 actually stands for "Great Beyblade Takeover Th!nk" (GBTT -> GBT2, like Wave Wide Defense -> W2D, except because I dislike superscript we cut that for both the tournament and the parts themselves for easier typing, which I think we can all agree is a truly brilliant idea from our great BeyFather th!nk, BeySpirit be unto him. Users of superscript will not be approved for entry to Beyblade Events Group Australia events without an additional fee (a standard "unbanning" fee).

GBT2 will be held in Australia, and will be a tournament deciding who becomes a member of the official BEGA Ultimate Tournament Team Squad, who we will spend heavily on publicity for, making them instant celebrities. Eventually, Beyblade will become an Olympic sport, gaining nationwide appeal and lots of lovely, lovely money for yours truly.

Welcome to the age of th!nk, everybody!

Seriously though, AN is the WBO's biggest event of the year and there's no way it would be Plastics/HMS Only - heck, I'd be surprised if either of them made an appearance at all. There's been no announcement of the format, but I would expect it to be Zero G and MFB Standard (though personally I'd love to see Limited get a showing.)

OP stands for Original Post, so that should give you a clue as to its location.
I heard GBT back then was a plastics and hms tournament so in my mind I thought it would be that format so excuse me for not being as informative as everybody else, glad to see someone would get a shot at fame through being one of the first people to be part of the squad.
OP Updated!

Also, LOL th!nk.
Darn it! Can't go

I'm a MAYBE! GT lives!

Practice for the NC qualifier starts now!

Just found out I definitely can't make it. Unhappy Maybe next year.
Think was actually lying though. It truly stands for the great battle of time part 2. The first occurred when dialga faced Dopple dialga last year. Thankfully, dialga won and banished Dopple dialga to another dimension but because of the butterfly effect and my personal ability to be every time and place at once dopple dialga managed to latch onto me when I was visiting the enchanted forest and kill George Washington on our way back through time and space. Because of this the United States was never formed and once the time ripple reaches us we will become a British colony once again and every part of history we have known since the revolutionary war will be replaced with a George Washington free timeline of memories. Thankfully, on May 24th, the ripple will be crossing over the international dateline and will allow us to combat it if we all summon the power of our bit beasts. I persoNally am represented by basalt in plastic generation animation style. Outside of Tyson, ginga, and zero coming out of hiding to use their powers, there are an additional 361 members on these forums with control of a bit beast. One for each day of the year, all of which will be needed to reverse the direction of the time ripple back to it's starting point. We all need to concentrate our powers from one location which is why many of us will be meeting in Toronto. I wasn't supposed to tell the world about the North American championship merely being a guise for this event, but in a snowdenesque moment I felt the public had a right to know. Kei I am sorry, but the world needs to know the danger they are in so that they can make arrangements and say goodbye to their loved ones in case we fail at stopping the ripple.
(Feb. 25, 2014  6:12 PM)Time Wrote:

I think with the announcement of the tournament proper, the Time for these jokes has passed. Wink

I still can't get over how cool this is, every format in one huge weekend. Man, should've got myself together last year and started saving, but oh well, I'll come see you guys some day, and we can spin tops.

I hope everyone appreciates just how huge this is when they're there - I'm sure I don't really need to say it for AN, but I really hope people take the opportunity, especially if they're not familiar with the older systems, to actually give all the different formats a shot - never know, might find yourselves a new passion like I did a couple of years ago now, haha, and from my perspective it'll be really, really interesting to hear what people think about how the five formats compare. Smile
If only that was what was actually going on, it would
be quite fantastic. However, heed my warning of prepare to suffer the consequences if we fail.
I'll see you all there.
(Feb. 25, 2014  6:21 PM)th!nk Wrote: I hope everyone appreciates just how huge this is when they're there - I'm sure I don't really need to say it for AN, but I really hope people take the opportunity, especially if they're not familiar with the older systems, to actually give all the different formats a shot - never know, might find yourselves a new passion like I did a couple of years ago now, haha, and from my perspective it'll be really, really interesting to hear what people think about how the five formats compare. Smile

I agree wholeheartedly! Even if you're not familiar with a particular format, people should take this opportunity to try it out.

Cye Kinomiya Wrote:I'll see you all there.

Yessss. Grin
Eh, I'm possible. Hope to see you guys there!
(Feb. 25, 2014  8:36 PM)Kei Wrote:
(Feb. 25, 2014  6:21 PM)th!nk Wrote: I hope everyone appreciates just how huge this is when they're there - I'm sure I don't really need to say it for AN, but I really hope people take the opportunity, especially if they're not familiar with the older systems, to actually give all the different formats a shot - never know, might find yourselves a new passion like I did a couple of years ago now, haha, and from my perspective it'll be really, really interesting to hear what people think about how the five formats compare. Smile

I agree wholeheartedly! Even if you're not familiar with a particular format, people should take this opportunity to try it out.

Cye Kinomiya Wrote:I'll see you all there.

Yessss. Grin

A friend of mine might come over to the tourney and I'm gonna lend him my beys so he could participate c: he's never been to a tourney nor has he played with beyblades a lot so I think it would be a fun experience for him c:
This is rather unrelated, but if anybody wants to purchase some colour pencils to draw on clothes and/or volume 12 of the Bakuten Shoot Beyblade manga in English, let me know.
(Feb. 26, 2014  1:25 AM)Kai-V Wrote: This is rather unrelated, but if anybody wants to purchase some colour pencils to draw on clothes and/or volume 12 of the Bakuten Shoot Beyblade manga in English, let me know.

I guess I'm ok with that if I attend c:
(Feb. 25, 2014  8:29 PM)Cye Kinomiya Wrote: I'll see you all there.
Glad to see you there!

Also, I'll be sure to make a donation, even if it's only the slightest bit.
Now I'm confirmed.
Put me in as possible
Put me as possibly
(Mar. 01, 2014  3:00 AM)JesseObre Wrote: Put me as possibly

It would be awesome to meet you and maybe get to battle you Smile