[Toronto, ON, 5/24/14] GRAND BATTLE TOURNAMENT 2: WBO North American Championship

on
Hosted by
  Kei
Contact Host
Format

Type

One Beyblade is prepared and used in each First Stage match.

Read more
Admission
cash  

The WBO is a volunteer, fan-run organization.
About the WBO

Submit pics and clips from this event to earn Bits + be featured on our social media pages!

Find Out How

WBO events are public and you may be photographed.
View Photo Policy

[Image: JlDi8LJ.png]

SATURDAY, MAY 24, 2014
Anime North 2014 - Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Sheraton Toronto Airport Hotel - Haliburton Room
LIMITED FORMAT

9:30 AM - Free Battle & Set Up
10:30 AM - Registration for GRAND BATTLE TOURNAMENT 2
11:30 AM - GRAND BATTLE TOURNAMENT 2: WBO NA Championship 2014

The WBO is proud to announce that we will be partnering with ANIME NORTH 2014–for the seventh consecutive year–to host GRAND BATTLE TOURNAMENT 2: WBO North American Championship 2014! With Bladers from across the continent will be battling it out for the title of WBO North American Champion, the competition will surely be intense.

Want to participate?
GRAND BATTLE TOURNAMENT 2 will be open to the public, but if you live in North America, and aren't able to afford the trip up to Toronto? Don't worry! We've got you covered; win one of our qualifier tournaments and you'll win paid travel expenses up to Toronto! Here's the list of qualifiers currently planned:

This list is likely not final, so please stay tuned for updates about more qualifiers in the coming days/weeks!

View the full announcement here for details!

Entry: You need an AN Pass!
A Blader Passport is not required for this tournament, as AN does not allow event organizers to charge entry fees for events within the convention. However, if you want to support the WBO so we can host even better tournaments with even better prizes in the future, and participate in the BeyPoints ranking System in future tournaments, then you will need one! So, if you wish to purchase one at the tournament, that is still possible.

To participate in the tournament, you currently have a few options to gain entrance: a) a weekend pass or b) a day pass for Saturday at AN. Click here for information about online registration for ANIME NORTH 2014. Please note that children (ages 6-13) are admitted for half price.

This year will mark the tenth AN tournament since the original GRAND BATTLE TOURNAMENT at Anime North 2005. The fact that we’re all here to recognize this anniversary of sorts can only be a testament to the collective passion we all share for this game, and more importantly, to the longevity and resolution of this community to move forward in the face of uncertainty. Additionally, the new Limited Format is the best recent examples of this, and that’s why it has been chosen as the format for the championship this year. It’s something we alone created as a community, and it’s something we will watch and help grow as time passes, all as a result of our own will and determination.

Many people have come and gone since that day at Anime North 2005 almost ten years ago, but what hasn’t changed, and what won’t change–unless we let it–is the tradition. Regardless of who attends each year and who doesn’t, the experience of meeting Bladers from across North America–and the world–each year is absolutely unforgettable, inspiring, and special. As an organization who’s very existence is so deeply rooted in the idea of competitive play and interacting with others, I have always found it hard to think of anything else which embodies what the WBO is about more than the AN weekend every year. Wherever you are, if you have the chance to attend, take it. And with that said …

If you think you'll be able to make it out to GRAND BATTLE TOURNAMENT 2, please post here and I will start building an attendance list!

Attendees:
Kei
Kai-V
Kai-U
Shining God MS
MidnightLWBO
Dark_Mousy
bladeryBoB66
LMAO
The Sponge
OrionBlade
Cye Kinomiya
geetster99
Yuko Ray14
Fang Wolf
Sniperâ„¢
Arupaeo
"Byxis"
Jiffy
Winx
1234beyblade
christopher473
JesseObre
Leone19
jamie

Possible Attendees:
'''''....'''''
UltimateOrion
rage sagittero
Classik
sarabscientist
PRO SEAGULL
pyrus10000
JesseObre
aBladerlikeyou
Leone7
ridbladebreaker
TylerPT
Stormscorpio1
The Troll
Crimson
SideOfPReach

Need-to-Know Information

1. During Registration, Open Your Account Page

Open your account page on your mobile device (if possible) during registration to help us keep things quick.

2. Arrive On Time

You must arrive by the tournament start time to enter. We cannot add new players to an event once it begins. If you're running late, contact the host.

3. Stay Aware of Your Belongings

We do everything possible to ensure a safe environment, but can't be held responsible for lost or stolen goods. Keep your gear close by!

4. The Tournament Will Last At Least a Few Hours

This event is likely to last at least a few hours. If you can't commit to the entire tournament, you're welcome to come watch and play for fun instead!

5. Listen For Your Username To Be Called

Your name will be called when it's time for your next battle. If you need to leave early or take a break, tell a judge. Missing a match could mean disqualification!

6. Players Must Meet Regional Product Age Restrictions

All players in this event must meet the age restrictions on Beyblade products in their region. TAKARA-TOMY recommends Beyblade for ages 6+. Hasbro recommends Beyblade for ages 8+. Players under these ages may only participate with the permission of their parent/guardian.

7. Players Under 18 Must Be Accompanied by a Parent/Guardian

If you are under 18 years old, a parent/guardian must accompany you and be present for the duration of the event.

8. Contests, Raffles, Gambling, Betting, and Selling Are Prohibited

Advertising the sale of any product or service, as well as posting about any contest, raffle, gambling, or betting on this event page and conducting them at the event without approval by Fighting Spirits Inc. staff is prohibited. Please contact the Organized Play team if you require approval.

9. Terms of Service

All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

What Dark and Stormscorpio battled to see who would battle Kei for the title of best blader?
Is there another page with the description of this tournament ?
(Feb. 18, 2014  4:48 AM)fangdestroy Wrote: Is there another page with the description of this tournament ?

This is just a teaser : we are that mysterious.
Are you saying that none of this is even real

will this be zero g or plastics?
A teaser is a preview. We are not April 1st, so this is absolutely all real, we would not lie on something like this. We are just deliberately not revealing more information at the moment.
Definitely put me in as maybe Grin I have spare time between two of my school's modules so I could probably slip this in. I'm so stoked OMG XD if this plastics and hms then my chances of going are really slim unless there's a little part of the tourney that's plastics and hms.
Is Valentin going to play? I have something for him this time hah. #SuperYoloSwagTankOfDoom V2
If this is Anime North 2014 i might miss out Pinching_eyes_2 again, even though i'm at anime north i can't just ditch my friends.
(Feb. 20, 2014  4:39 AM)1234beyblade Wrote: If this is Anime North 2014 i might miss out Pinching_eyes_2 again, even though i'm at anime north i can't just ditch my friends.

Solution : bring your friends.
That's a pretty good idea actually, why should I bust out so much money to pay someone for gas when me and maybe two of my friends pitch in. Also we'd pitch in for a hotel room.
So can we expect a date for announcements?
(Feb. 21, 2014  1:44 AM)RagerBlade Wrote: So can we expect a date for announcements?
It should come sometime soon. It's probably being discussed with AN as of now.
Given the name, if this tournament doesn't make use of the fact the ol' Tower Stadium or w/e it is can be clipped on a Zero-G Attack Stadium I'm going to be very disappointed, Kei.
See you there, kids.
(Feb. 21, 2014  8:44 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: See you there, kids.
And that makes me want to live in Toronto xD !
(Feb. 21, 2014  3:34 PM)th!nk Wrote: Given the name, if this tournament doesn't make use of the fact the ol' Tower Stadium or w/e it is can be clipped on a Zero-G Attack Stadium I'm going to be very disappointed, Kei.
i don't understand what you are saying? kai-v: i don't think his frends play beyblade and it'll probably be embarrising for him for his frends to see him playing beyblade, so it's probably not a good idea kai-v
(Feb. 21, 2014  9:25 PM)bladeryBoB66 Wrote:
(Feb. 21, 2014  3:34 PM)th!nk Wrote: Given the name, if this tournament doesn't make use of the fact the ol' Tower Stadium or w/e it is can be clipped on a Zero-G Attack Stadium I'm going to be very disappointed, Kei.
i don't understand what you are saying? kai-v: i don't think his frends play beyblade and it'll probably be embarrising for him for his frends to see him playing beyblade, so it's probably not a good idea kai-v
Sorry, but I'm not going to explain the joke.

Or, they might be interested in how deep a competitive game it is and want to give it a shot. You don't know until you try, and if I were trying to convince my friends to play, I don't think I could do much better than taking them to an AN event.
(Feb. 21, 2014  9:25 PM)bladeryBoB66 Wrote:
that's personal , but yeah .. no hobby is not embarrassing, unless your narrow minded
EDIT: didn't see th!nks post
no it's because people in my school epecially when you are in the higher grades it is embarrising because people will talk behind your back about how you play beyblade and they will make fun of you, and they'll say beyblade is for grade 2's, and most of them will not be your friend so i have to keep it a secret and let know one know about so that's what i have to deal with so i think that's how 1234beyblade feels as well, i'm not saying he thinks that, but he might think that the same thing.
Glad to see you there, Brad! Smile Do you plan on judging?
This should not get off-topic .. last post bye !
(Feb. 21, 2014  9:59 PM)bladeryBoB66 Wrote: no it's because people in my school epecially when you are in the higher grades it is embarrising because people will talk behind your back about how you play beyblade and they will make fun of you, and they'll say beyblade is for grade 2's, and most of them will not be your friend so i have to keep it a secret and let know one know about so that's what i have to deal with so i think that's how 1234beyblade feels as well, i'm not saying he thinks that, but he might think that the same thing.

Have you sent his YouTube channel?

The whole dang world knows he plays Beyblade, LOL.

Anywho, announcements would be cool (especially if there are gonna be qualifiers Chocked_2)

Glad you can make it back. Maybe ill get you to sign a shoe hah.
Awesome, Brads gonna be there. I won't be a nub anymore XD. This ANs goal: Actually get Brad some BeyPoints .
(Feb. 23, 2014  1:37 AM)Snoop Dog MS Wrote: Awesome, Brads gonna be there. I won't be a nub anymore XD. This ANs goal: Actually get Brad some BeyPoints .

You know he doesn't play at AN. Just visits.