[Toronto, ON, 5/24/14] GRAND BATTLE TOURNAMENT 2: WBO North American Championship

on
Hosted by
  Kei
Contact Host
Format

Type

One Beyblade is prepared and used in each First Stage match.

Read more
Admission
cash  

The WBO is a volunteer, fan-run organization.
About the WBO

Submit pics and clips from this event to earn Bits + be featured on our social media pages!

Find Out How

WBO events are public and you may be photographed.
View Photo Policy

[Image: JlDi8LJ.png]

SATURDAY, MAY 24, 2014
Anime North 2014 - Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Sheraton Toronto Airport Hotel - Haliburton Room
LIMITED FORMAT

9:30 AM - Free Battle & Set Up
10:30 AM - Registration for GRAND BATTLE TOURNAMENT 2
11:30 AM - GRAND BATTLE TOURNAMENT 2: WBO NA Championship 2014

The WBO is proud to announce that we will be partnering with ANIME NORTH 2014–for the seventh consecutive year–to host GRAND BATTLE TOURNAMENT 2: WBO North American Championship 2014! With Bladers from across the continent will be battling it out for the title of WBO North American Champion, the competition will surely be intense.

Want to participate?
GRAND BATTLE TOURNAMENT 2 will be open to the public, but if you live in North America, and aren't able to afford the trip up to Toronto? Don't worry! We've got you covered; win one of our qualifier tournaments and you'll win paid travel expenses up to Toronto! Here's the list of qualifiers currently planned:

This list is likely not final, so please stay tuned for updates about more qualifiers in the coming days/weeks!

View the full announcement here for details!

Entry: You need an AN Pass!
A Blader Passport is not required for this tournament, as AN does not allow event organizers to charge entry fees for events within the convention. However, if you want to support the WBO so we can host even better tournaments with even better prizes in the future, and participate in the BeyPoints ranking System in future tournaments, then you will need one! So, if you wish to purchase one at the tournament, that is still possible.

To participate in the tournament, you currently have a few options to gain entrance: a) a weekend pass or b) a day pass for Saturday at AN. Click here for information about online registration for ANIME NORTH 2014. Please note that children (ages 6-13) are admitted for half price.

This year will mark the tenth AN tournament since the original GRAND BATTLE TOURNAMENT at Anime North 2005. The fact that we’re all here to recognize this anniversary of sorts can only be a testament to the collective passion we all share for this game, and more importantly, to the longevity and resolution of this community to move forward in the face of uncertainty. Additionally, the new Limited Format is the best recent examples of this, and that’s why it has been chosen as the format for the championship this year. It’s something we alone created as a community, and it’s something we will watch and help grow as time passes, all as a result of our own will and determination.

Many people have come and gone since that day at Anime North 2005 almost ten years ago, but what hasn’t changed, and what won’t change–unless we let it–is the tradition. Regardless of who attends each year and who doesn’t, the experience of meeting Bladers from across North America–and the world–each year is absolutely unforgettable, inspiring, and special. As an organization who’s very existence is so deeply rooted in the idea of competitive play and interacting with others, I have always found it hard to think of anything else which embodies what the WBO is about more than the AN weekend every year. Wherever you are, if you have the chance to attend, take it. And with that said …

If you think you'll be able to make it out to GRAND BATTLE TOURNAMENT 2, please post here and I will start building an attendance list!

Attendees:
Kei
Kai-V
Kai-U
Shining God MS
MidnightLWBO
Dark_Mousy
bladeryBoB66
LMAO
The Sponge
OrionBlade
Cye Kinomiya
geetster99
Yuko Ray14
Fang Wolf
Sniperâ„¢
Arupaeo
"Byxis"
Jiffy
Winx
1234beyblade
christopher473
JesseObre
Leone19
jamie

Possible Attendees:
'''''....'''''
UltimateOrion
rage sagittero
Classik
sarabscientist
PRO SEAGULL
pyrus10000
JesseObre
aBladerlikeyou
Leone7
ridbladebreaker
TylerPT
Stormscorpio1
The Troll
Crimson
SideOfPReach

Need-to-Know Information

1. During Registration, Open Your Account Page

Open your account page on your mobile device (if possible) during registration to help us keep things quick.

2. Arrive On Time

You must arrive by the tournament start time to enter. We cannot add new players to an event once it begins. If you're running late, contact the host.

3. Stay Aware of Your Belongings

We do everything possible to ensure a safe environment, but can't be held responsible for lost or stolen goods. Keep your gear close by!

4. The Tournament Will Last At Least a Few Hours

This event is likely to last at least a few hours. If you can't commit to the entire tournament, you're welcome to come watch and play for fun instead!

5. Listen For Your Username To Be Called

Your name will be called when it's time for your next battle. If you need to leave early or take a break, tell a judge. Missing a match could mean disqualification!

6. Players Must Meet Regional Product Age Restrictions

All players in this event must meet the age restrictions on Beyblade products in their region. TAKARA-TOMY recommends Beyblade for ages 6+. Hasbro recommends Beyblade for ages 8+. Players under these ages may only participate with the permission of their parent/guardian.

7. Players Under 18 Must Be Accompanied by a Parent/Guardian

If you are under 18 years old, a parent/guardian must accompany you and be present for the duration of the event.

8. Contests, Raffles, Gambling, Betting, and Selling Are Prohibited

Advertising the sale of any product or service, as well as posting about any contest, raffle, gambling, or betting on this event page and conducting them at the event without approval by Fighting Spirits Inc. staff is prohibited. Please contact the Organized Play team if you require approval.

9. Terms of Service

All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

The unplugged expo? Got something to look forward to! Will there be qualifiers or is it just a big tournament?
(May. 26, 2014  2:38 AM)RagerBlade Wrote: The unplugged expo? Got something to look forward to! Will there be qualifiers or is it just a big tournament?

Considering it's only a few months away from the last qualifiers, I doubt it.
(May. 26, 2014  2:40 AM)Leone19 Wrote:
(May. 26, 2014  2:38 AM)RagerBlade Wrote: The unplugged expo? Got something to look forward to! Will there be qualifiers or is it just a big tournament?

Considering it's only a few months away from the last qualifiers, I doubt it.
Hopefully it will be an event that can be celebrated worldwide (like beydays?). Hope to have another amazing year at the WBO the following year!
(May. 26, 2014  2:35 AM)Leone19 Wrote: Pfff where's the picture of my WBO patch, haha?
Don't worry, it's right here. Tongue_out lmfao
Me and my GameCube controller XD
i can't wait until next year! see you all there next year in 2015!Wink
It was good seeing you guys Smile I hadn't touched my bey in ages, especially not my HMS so that was a lot of fun!

(May. 26, 2014  5:23 AM)Dark_Mousy Wrote: Will unplugged be worth going to?

For $15 can you really go wrong? In my experience small cons have always been a lot of fun.
(May. 26, 2014  11:26 AM)Minion Wrote: It was good seeing you guys Smile I hadn't touched my bey in ages, especially not my HMS so that was a lot of fun!

For $15 can you really go wrong? In my experience small cons have always been a lot of fun.

Ill bengoing only on Sunday amd Saturday night. Got reminded this mornjng I have a wedding to go to. If this is a world championship then wedding may take a back seat.
(May. 26, 2014  1:27 PM)Dark_Mousy Wrote:
(May. 26, 2014  11:26 AM)Minion Wrote: It was good seeing you guys Smile I hadn't touched my bey in ages, especially not my HMS so that was a lot of fun!

Ill bengoing only on Sunday amd Saturday night. Got reminded this mornjng I have a wedding to go to. If this is a world championship then wedding may take a back seat.

If it is, I'd think they'ed wait to have more Qualfiiers, considering its only about 3-4 months away.
(May. 26, 2014  1:27 PM)Dark_Mousy Wrote: Got reminded this mornjng I have a wedding to go to. If this is a world championship then wedding may take a back seat.

The only reason I couldn't go to GBT2 is because I had a wedding that weekend. (different priorities much?)
So did Kei not play or was he just crushed? Grin
(May. 26, 2014  7:01 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: So did Kei not play or was he just crushed?

Yeah, he played.

I was lucky enough to battle with him (and win) in my last match. Tongue_out
(May. 26, 2014  7:01 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: So did Kei not play or was he just crushed? Grin

I did some of the crushing sir.

(May. 26, 2014  1:40 PM)*Ginga* Wrote:
(May. 26, 2014  1:27 PM)Dark_Mousy Wrote: Got reminded this mornjng I have a wedding to go to. If this is a world championship then wedding may take a back seat.

The only reason I couldn't go to GBT2 is because I had a wedding that weekend. (different priorities much?)

Time will tell good sir. I may go to the wedding then take a flight straight to Toronto and be there for Sunday.
(May. 26, 2014  7:01 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: So did Kei not play or was he just crushed? Grin

I played in all of them, but are we talking about Limited? I wasn't crushed (that happened in HMS lol), but I did do poorly going 2-3.

(May. 26, 2014  7:04 PM)Dark_Mousy Wrote:

You beat me 3-2; I wouldn't call that "crushing"!

(May. 26, 2014  1:40 PM)*Ginga* Wrote:

Time will tell good sir. I may go to the wedding then take a flight straight to Toronto and be there for Sunday.

Can't say I have an opinion on this
(May. 26, 2014  7:17 PM)Kei Wrote:

I played in all of them, but are we talking about Limited? I wasn't crushed (that happened in HMS lol), but I did do poorly going 2-3.

You beat me 3-2; I wouldn't call that "crushing"!

You're such a poor sport :')
This looked so much fun! I really miss coming out to tournaments, dammit xD

This summer for sure though, my goal is to attend a minimum of one tournament Pinching_eyes

Cute cosplay (?) Kai-V, but I'm gonna have to ask - was the face a mask or did you paint it ? Impressive getup either way !
All of it is three hours of makeup, except the shirt obviously, which I drew on during several hours in the months before Anime North. I did not expect to stay at the tournament for long not to scare anyone, but apparently people 'warmed up' to it, hah.
Respond if you had 3-2 final score i wanna see how many people are ahead of me. Thank you Smile
Check all the results in that round using the link below!

http://challonge.com/GrandBattle2/standings