[Takara Tomy]  Geist Fafnir Testing Thread

(Nov. 09, 2018  10:28 PM)Dt20000 Wrote:
(Nov. 09, 2018  10:27 PM)g2_ Wrote: Geist Fafnir 8 Nothing vs Drain Fafnir 8' Absorb.

Drain Fafnir launched first
1 Geist Fafnir spin finish (1 point)
2 Geist Fafnir spin finish (1 point)
3 Geist Fafnir spin finish (1 point)
4 Geist Fafnir spin finish (1 point)
5 Geist Fafnir spin finish (1 point)
***Geist Fafnir wins every round, Drain got off balance and lost.
Geist Fafnir launched first
1 Geist Fafnir burst finish (2 points)
2 Drain Fafnir spin finish (1 point)
3 Drain Fafnir spin finish (1 point)
4 Drain Fafnir spin finish (1 point)
5 Drain Fafnir spin finish (1 point)
*** In the first battle, Drain used Absorb break, hit Geist and got self bursted. Other rounds, due to higher spin velocity, Drain managed to take the center, and Geist got off balance and lost.
Thoughts: Both combos have almost identical stamina, because of that, the one who got launched first won almost every time. Other than that, Geist Fafnir is better in every way.

Can you do Geist Fafnir 7Meteor Xtreme vs Bloody Longinus 0Bump BearingY
Yes, because you are awesome.

Geist Fafnir 7Meteor Xtreme vs Bloody Longinus 0Bump Bearing

Longinus always launched first
1 Geist Fafnir burst finish (2 points)
2 Geist Fafnir burst finish (2 points)
3 Geist Fafnir burst finish (2 points)
4 Geist Fafnir burst finish (2 points)
5 Geist Fafnir burst finish (2 points)
6 Geist Fafnir burst finish (2 points)
7 Geist Fafnir burst finish (2 points)
8 Geist Fafnir burst finish (2 points)
9 Geist Fafnir burst finish (2 points)
10 Geist Fafnir burst finish (2 points)
Thoughts: Bearing's weak spring and the recoil from both beys, killed Longinus.
(Nov. 09, 2018  10:27 PM)g2_ Wrote:
(Nov. 09, 2018  3:08 PM)Jman jman Wrote: Can you do gF 8 nothing vs df 8' absorb?

Geist Fafnir 8 Nothing vs Drain Fafnir 8' Absorb.

*** In the first battle, Drain used Absorb break, hit Geist and got self bursted. Other rounds, due to higher spin velocity, Drain managed to take the center, and Geist got off balance and lost.
Thoughts: Both combos have almost identical stamina, because of that, the one who got launched first won almost every time. Other than that, Geist Fafnir is better in every way.
Thanks For the test.
(Nov. 09, 2018  10:46 PM)g2_ Wrote:
(Nov. 09, 2018  10:28 PM)Dt20000 Wrote: Can you do Geist Fafnir 7Meteor Xtreme vs Bloody Longinus 0Bump BearingY
Yes, because you are awesome.

Can you try atomic on bL?
(Nov. 09, 2018  10:52 PM)Jman jman Wrote:
(Nov. 09, 2018  10:27 PM)g2_ Wrote: Geist Fafnir 8 Nothing vs Drain Fafnir 8' Absorb.

Thanks For the test.
No problem, if you want more tests, I'm here for you.

(Nov. 09, 2018  10:53 PM)Dt20000 Wrote:
(Nov. 09, 2018  10:46 PM)g2_ Wrote: Yes, because you are awesome.

Can you try atomic on bL?
Tomorrow, since I have to go to sleep.
(Nov. 09, 2018  10:53 PM)g2_ Wrote:
(Nov. 09, 2018  10:52 PM)Jman jman Wrote: Thanks For the test.
No problem, if you want more tests, I'm here for you.

(Nov. 09, 2018  10:53 PM)Dt20000 Wrote: Can you try atomic on bL?
Tomorrow, since I have to go to sleep.

Okay, night
Ok so.....(15 rounds)

gF.7.G.xt+ vs rP.10.et

gF:11 wins(3 over,8 os)
rP:4 wins(1 over,3 os)

rP outspun gF only when it's outer ring came off
xt+ apparently has more lad than et
MORE TESTS!!!(15 rounds per battle)

gF.7.G.xt+ vs bL.10.C.at

gF:9 wins(3 burst,2 over,4 os)
bL:6 wins(3 burst,1 over,2 os)

Somebody asked to do bL on at and i mean it did decent but bL has so much recoil which just kills it's spin and bL should not be used as a stationary attacker even on same spin at it lost a lot
It's best to be used with ds'
Can someone do Geist Fafnir 7Bump Xtreme’ vs Winning Valkyrie 0Bump Atomic?
Why not try gF.10B.X' vs hS.0B.Br/At
(Nov. 11, 2018  6:11 PM)DaJetsnake Wrote: Why not try gF.10B.X' vs hS.0B.Br/At

Ok i did both of the requests mentioned above(15 rounds)

gF.10.B.x' vs hS.0.B.br

gF:11 wins(8 burst,3 over)
hS:4 wins(4 os)

I mean..... what else did you expect with br in same spin against x'

gF.10.B.x' vs hS.0.B.at

gF:5 wins(2 burst,3 over)
hS:10 wins(2 over,8 os)

As expected hS on at is too op

gF.7.B.x' vs wV.0.B.at

gF:6 wins(5 over,1 os)
wV:9 wins(2 over,7 os)

wV on at is really good against left spin attacks
Can you test Geist Fafnir with Destroy? Like 7 destroy? I don't know if 0 is a good disc for attack types, and I don't know about 12 or 13, but you can tell me if you have the parts. If they don't work can you give me an attack type Geist Fafnir combo?
(Nov. 18, 2018  5:10 AM)Dragon Blader02 Wrote: Can you test Geist Fafnir with Destroy? Like 7 destroy? I don't know if 0 is a good disc for attack types, and I don't know about 12 or 13, but you can tell me if you have the parts. If they don't work can you give me a Geist Fafnir combo?

Geist is only decent with Destroy and Destroy'. It's a lot better with Absorb and Bearing. Just a heads-up, but it's fine if you still want that test, because I'm not the one doing it.
(Nov. 18, 2018  5:10 AM)Dragon Blader02 Wrote: Can you test Geist Fafnir with Destroy? Like 7 destroy? I don't know if 0 is a good disc for attack types, and I don't know about 12 or 13, but you can tell me if you have the parts. If they don't work can you give me an attack type Geist Fafnir combo?

Geist fafnir 1' Glaive xtend plus(on attack) is a pretty solid attacking combo
(Nov. 18, 2018  5:10 AM)Dragon Blader02 Wrote: Can you test Geist Fafnir with Destroy? Like 7 destroy? I don't know if 0 is a good disc for attack types, and I don't know about 12 or 13, but you can tell me if you have the parts. If they don't work can you give me an attack type Geist Fafnir combo?

Here. All I can say is it's a good counter against Hell Salamander on Bearing but will have a hard time against right spin beyblades.
https://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Takara-...pid1470973
(Nov. 20, 2018  2:40 PM)kidwhoasksalot Wrote:

Here. All I can say is it's a good counter against Hell Salamander on Bearing but will have a hard time against right spin beyblades.

Hmm, what about Volcanic? Or Jolt? I just want a driver/tip that can do the flower pattern well like in my opinion if you launch destroy pretty well you can get a good flower pattern going, which is what I'm looking for in a driver/tip
(Nov. 20, 2018  4:18 PM)Dragon Blader02 Wrote:
(Nov. 20, 2018  2:40 PM)kidwhoasksalot Wrote: Here. All I can say is it's a good counter against Hell Salamander on Bearing but will have a hard time against right spin beyblades.

Hmm, what about Volcanic? Or Jolt? I just want a driver/tip that can do the flower pattern well like in my opinion if you launch destroy pretty well you can get a good flower pattern going, which is what I'm looking for in a driver/tip
I don't know about Jolt but Volcanic is hard to control, it easily loses its momentum (from my experience).
(Nov. 20, 2018  5:39 PM)kidwhoasksalot Wrote:
(Nov. 20, 2018  4:18 PM)Dragon Blader02 Wrote: Hmm, what about Volcanic? Or Jolt? I just want a driver/tip that can do the flower pattern well like in my opinion if you launch destroy pretty well you can get a good flower pattern going, which is what I'm looking for in a driver/tip
I don't know about Jolt but Volcanic is hard to control, it easily loses its momentum (from my experience).
Do you know what's a good attack driver then
So I've participated recently in a local tournament and mentally noted commonly used competitive combos and decided to see if gF can actually do some damage and get a place in the meta. I wanted to see how well it would perform with its stock Driver while changing up the Disks and/or Frames in an effort to see LAD effects with each pairing. Here's my setup:

- Black Standard Beyblade Burst Stadium
- 2 Red LR Beylaunchers (practice launchers since October 2018, so the white parts on the prongs may already have worn a bit); each dedicated for left and right spin respectively; Left spin only has the standard launcher grip with metal grip on the front and rubber grip on the back; Right spin has Beylogger+, power trigger, same grips as Left spin, 2 weight dampers
- all tests are done 20 each and will indicate if draws had to be redone or why less than 20 rounds
- all Chouzetsu Beys compatible with Level Chips are equipped with those
- I gave away my 8' to my gf since I felt it wasn't going to be as great as 8... I might get testing done when I borrow it soon
- Disks and Frames to be used: Jerk, Polish, Yell, 3, 5, 7, 8, 0, Flow, Glaive, Bump, Cross, Star, Meteor, Lift

Anyways, let's get started.

1st Testing: Geist Fafnir.Jerk.Absorb vs Hell Salamander (Defense mode).7Proof.Xtend+ (Stamina mode)

Results:
gF 27% win rate
hS 73% win rate

2nd Testing: Geist Fafnir.Polish.Absorb vs Hell Salamander (Defense mode).7Proof.Xtend+ (Stamina mode)

Results:
gF 10%
hS 90%

3rd Testing: Geist Fafnir.Yell.Absorb vs Hell Salamander (Defense mode).7Proof.Xtend+ (Stamina mode)

Results:
gF: 52%
hS: 48%

4th Testing: Geist Fafnir.8.Absorb vs Hell Salamander (Defense mode).7Proof.Xtend+ (Stamina mode)

Results:
gF: 60%
hS: 40%

5th Testing: Geist Fafnir.8Glaive.Absorb vs Hell Salamander (Defense mode).7Proof.Xtend+ (Stamina mode)

Results:
gF: 62%
hS: 38%

6th Testing: Geist Fafnir.8Cross.Absorb vs Hell Salamander (Defense mode).7Proof.Xtend+ (Stamina mode)

Results:
gF: 57%
hS: 43%

7th Testing: Geist Fafnir.8Meteor.Absorb vs Hell Salamander (Defense mode).7Proof.Xtend+ (Stamina mode)

Results:
gF: 62%
hS: 38%

8th Testing: Geist Fafnir.8Flow.Absorb vs Hell Salamander (Defense mode).7Proof.Xtend+ (Stamina mode)

Results:
gF: 70%
hS: 30%

9th Testing: Geist Fafnir.8Bump.Absorb vs Hell Salamander (Defense mode).7Proof.Xtend+ (Stamina mode)

Results:
gF: 65%
hS: 35%

10th Testing: Geist Fafnir.8Lift (Upskirt mode).Absorb vs Hell Salamander (Defense mode).7Proof.Xtend+ (Stamina mode)

Results:
gF: 43%
hS: 57%

11th Testing: Geist Fafnir.8Lift (Downskirt mode).Absorb vs Hell Salamander (Defense mode).7Proof.Xtend+ (Stamina mode)

Results:
gF: 40%
hS: 60%

12th Testing: Geist Fafnir.8Star.Absorb vs Hell Salamander (Defense mode).7Proof.Xtend+ (Stamina mode)

Results:
gF: 75%
hS: 25%

Will try to have more tests up soon for the rest of the Core Disks+Frames vs hS
Not to be rude, but most of the combos you used for gF simply aren't very competitive, although I am pretty surprised with that last one
also use spoilers next time plz

EDIT: dammit am retarded, this is why you should read the entire passage
(Jan. 22, 2019  3:52 AM)DaJetsnake Wrote: Not to be rude, but most of the combos you used for gF simply aren't very competitive, although I am pretty surprised with that last one
also use spoilers next time plz

EDIT: dammit am retarded, this is why you should read the entire passage

Not to worry, I try to take everything into consideration. I did this to see if some Dual Layer Disks can add some heat on the current meta infested with stagnant aH, rP, Sr, CZ-S, CZ-A, and such. Actually am surprised with the 3rd testing. I'm not sure I follow your tip on using spoilers though. Thank you in advance for explaining.
If you want to use spoiler text, go into Preview Post (the arrow next to Post Reply) or edit an existing post (click the arrow in the lower right hand corner of your post and click Full Edit). Then click the button all the way to the right on the list of buttons (it's a paper with lots of lines on it), this will take you into the Source Editor.

Add a left bracket ( [ ), the word spoiler, and a right bracket ( ] ). Put the text that you want in the spoiler text after it. Then, put another left bracket ( [ ), a slash sign ( / ), the word spoiler, and another right bracket ( ] ). Click the Source Editor button again to take you back to the regular Editor. If you click the Preview Post button again, you'll see that the text is in spoilers if you did all the things correctly.
(Jan. 22, 2019  5:28 AM)kjrules17 Wrote: If you want to use spoiler text, go into Preview Post (the arrow next to Post Reply) or edit an existing post (click the arrow in the lower right hand corner of your post and click Full Edit). Then click the button all the way to the right on the list of buttons (it's a paper with lots of lines on it), this will take you into the Source Editor.

Add a left bracket ( [ ), the word spoiler, and a right bracket ( ] ). Put the text that you want in the spoiler text after it. Then, put another left bracket ( [ ), a slash sign ( / ), the word spoiler, and another right bracket ( ] ). Click the Source Editor button again to take you back to the regular Editor. If you click the Preview Post button again, you'll see that the text is in spoilers if you did all the things correctly.

Code:
[spoiler=Spoiler(or anything else)]
Spoilers here
[/spoiler]
(Jan. 22, 2019  5:48 AM)Adarsh Abhinav Wrote:
Code:
[spoiler=Spoiler(or anything else)]
Spoilers here
[/spoiler]
Just follow this, it's easier. Thanks lol.
Ok I was able to understand now hahaha I just edited my post to hide the rounds that took up too much space in the post and added a few more tests. Hoping to do another gauntlet of tests for opposite spin either like rP or aH soon.
(Oct. 03, 2018  11:01 PM)BuilderROB Wrote: Geist Fafnir 7 Eternal Vs Bloody Longinus 0 Bump Jolt. I did ten rounds

Results:

Geist Fafnir: 70% (6 SF and 1 BF)

Bloody Longinus: 30% (3 BF)

I thought Bloody Longinus would have done better

Post combos you want me to test against Geist Fafnir and also the Geist Fafnir combo to test it against

Geist Fafnir 0 bump atomic Vs Archer Hercules 7 Eternal. I did eleven rounds

Results:

Geist Fafnir: 0%

Archer Hercules: 100%

Geist Fafnir 8’ Absorb Vs Bloody Longinus 7 Star Atomic. I did ten rounds

Results:

Geist Fafnir: 0%

Bloody Longinus: 100%

Absorb has a hard time taking the center back once atomic takes the center

Geist Fafnir 8’ Atomic Vs Deep Chaos 0 Destroy. I did ten rounds

Results:

Geist Fafnir: 20%

Deep Chaos: 80%

That made no sense, how Deep Chaos beat Geist Fafnir

It actually makes perfect sense, Ds has a lot more LAD than At, plus dC is a top tier stamina type