[Takara Tomy]  Geist Fafnir Testing Thread

(Oct. 31, 2018  3:42 PM)Pyroblaze212 Wrote: Ok so i decided to conduct some more tests(10 battles each) and here they are:

A:  Geist fafnir 10.P.xt+ vs hell salamander 7.B.at
     Geist fafnir: 9 wins(3 burst,5 os,1 over)
     Hell salamander: 1 win(os)

B:  Geist fafnir 10.et vs hell salamander 7.B.at
     Geist fafnir: 6 wins(2 burst,4 os)
     Hell salamander: 4 wins(1 burst,3 os)

C: Geist fafnir 10.P.xt+ vs spriggan requiem 0.B.br

(Sr in left spin)
     Geist fafnir :8 wins(6 burst, 2 os)
     Spriggan requiem:2 wins(2 os)

(Sr in right spin)
     Geist fafnir: 6 wins(1 burst,5 os)
     Spriggan requiem: 4 wins(1 over,3 os)

D: Geist fafnir 10.et vs spriggan requiem 0.B.br

(Sr in left spin)
      Geist fafnir: 4 wins(2 burst, 2 os)
      Spriggan requiem:6 wins(6 os)

(Sr in right spin)
      Geist fafnir: 5 wins(5 os)
      Spriggan requiem:5 wins(5 os)

Final thoughts,geist on xt+ is a monster literally
And is also really good on eternal as well, plus  it's gimmick easily destabilizes other beys even on bearing which really helps it a lot especially in case of eternal which has great balance
Also i usually go for a moderate launch
(There were also quite a few draws)
You did Xt+ on which mode ( i.e Attack , Defence , Stamina ) ??
I used attack mode and stamina mode but not defense mode
I used both attack and stamina mode for five rounds each per battle
Upon experimenting i would definitely say attack mode is better against right spin and bearing combos while stamina mode is better against left spin beys
(Oct. 31, 2018  4:37 PM)Pyroblaze212 Wrote: I used attack mode and stamina mode  but not defense mode
Upon experimenting i would definitely say attack mode is better against right spin and bearing combos while stamina mode is better against left spin beys

WOW , Now , Xtend < Zeta < Trans < Xtend+ (Xtend is both the best and the worst in the Driver MODE changing mechanism Smile
(Oct. 31, 2018  4:37 PM)Pyroblaze212 Wrote: I used attack mode and stamina mode  but not defense mode
I find it hard to lbelieve that gF 10P Xt+ can beat hS 7B At...
1, gF sucks in same spin
2, At should beat Xt+ in same spin
(Oct. 31, 2018  4:40 PM)Infinite.Zero Wrote:
I find it hard to lbelieve that gF 10P Xt+ can beat hS 7B At...
1, gF sucks in same spin
Well it is what it is bro xt+ on stamina mode has a lot of stamina and life after death,atomic can't outdo it when it comes to stamina and lad
Test it yourself,you'll see what i am getting at

(Oct. 31, 2018  4:39 PM)GOD CHIPS Wrote:

WOW , Now , Xtend < Zeta < Trans < Xtend+ (Xtend is both the best and the worst in the Driver MODE changing mechanism Smile

True lol the xtend+ chip is a huge upgrade

There is also a channel on youtube called mack the burst,he has made a video on geist on xt+ you can see it for yourself in that video
(Oct. 31, 2018  5:37 PM)Pyroblaze212 Wrote:
(Oct. 31, 2018  4:40 PM)Infinite.Zero Wrote: I find it hard to lbelieve that gF 10P Xt+ can beat hS 7B At...
1, gF sucks in same spin
Well it is what it is bro xt+ on stamina mode has a lot of stamina and life after death,atomic can't outdo it when it comes to stamina and lad

Lad doesnt matter in same spin...
Sr 0 Xt+ stamina vs Sr 0 At
Sr 0 At
( 7 wins ) (7os)
Sr 0 Xt+ stamina
( 3wins ) (3os)
Edit: I pulled 2 lr string launchers at the same time for accurate same spin tests...
(Oct. 31, 2018  6:04 PM)Infinite.Zero Wrote:
(Oct. 31, 2018  5:37 PM)Pyroblaze212 Wrote: Well it is what it is bro xt+ on stamina mode has a lot of stamina and life after death,atomic can't outdo it when it comes to stamina and lad

Lad doesnt matter in same spin...
Sr 0 At
( 7 wins ) (7os)
Sr 0 Xt+ stamina
( 3wins ) (3os)
Edit: I pulled 2 lr string launchers at the same time for accurate same spin tests...
Different layers different results ,geist fafnir's gimmick allows it to knock other beys off balance and loose stamina quickly 
I do get what you are saying but xt+ combined with geist's gimmick along with 10 disc which has more outward weight distribution to increase stamina is what makes it possible
(Oct. 31, 2018  6:24 PM)Pyroblaze212 Wrote:
(Oct. 31, 2018  6:04 PM)Infinite.Zero Wrote: Lad doesnt matter in same spin...
Sr 0 At
( 7 wins ) (7os)
Sr 0 Xt+ stamina
( 3wins ) (3os)
Different layers different results ,geist fafnir's gimmick allows it to knock other beys off balance and loose stamina quickly 
I do get what you are saying but xt+ combined with geist's gimmick along with 10 disc which has more outward weight distribution to increase stamina is what makes it possible
Like I said...gF isnt that great in same spin , but I respect your opinion.
Edit: Did you alternate launch the beys...?
(Oct. 31, 2018  6:40 PM)Infinite.Zero Wrote:
(Oct. 31, 2018  6:24 PM)Pyroblaze212 Wrote: Different layers different results ,geist fafnir's gimmick allows it to knock other beys off balance and loose stamina quickly 
Like I said...gF isnt that great in same spin , but I respect your opinion.

And i respect your opinion as well 
I do agree that gF isn't that great in same spin and about the launches my friend helps me with the tests although we did switch the beys around after 5 rounds each 
Also there were quite a few draws which were very close to call lol 
I mean you are right that geist isn't that great in same spin just like drain wasn't but  it is a good counter to  left spin bearing combos since bearing isn't that good in same spin don't you think
(Oct. 31, 2018  7:02 PM)Pyroblaze212 Wrote:
(Oct. 31, 2018  6:40 PM)Infinite.Zero Wrote: Like I said...gF isnt that great in same spin , but I respect your opinion.

And i respect your opinion as well 
I do agree that gF isn't that great in same spin and about the launches my friend helps me with the tests although we did switch the beys around after 5 rounds each 
I mean you are right that geist isn't that great in same spin just like drain wasn't but  it is a good counter to  left spin bearing combos since bearing isn't that good in same spin don't you think
Its always good to end in a agreement...Yes, Xt+ will most definantly counter same spin Br...
(Oct. 31, 2018  7:08 PM)Infinite.Zero Wrote:
(Oct. 31, 2018  7:02 PM)Pyroblaze212 Wrote: And i respect your opinion as well 
Its always good to end in a agreement...Yes, Xt+ will most definantly counter same spin Br...

So i think we can agree that 
gF against right spin: really great
gF against left spin : not that great(unless bearing since it is not good in same spin)
So i'd say geist fafnir on the right combo is a really good counter to phoenix,Sr on br,hercules and other right spins 
What do you think?
(Oct. 31, 2018  7:57 PM)Pyroblaze212 Wrote:
(Oct. 31, 2018  7:08 PM)Infinite.Zero Wrote: Its always good to end in a agreement...Yes, Xt+ will most definantly counter same spin Br...

So i think we can agree that 
gF against left spin : not that great(unless bearing since it is not good in same spin)
So i'd say geist fafnir on the right combo is a really good counter to phoenix,Sr on br,hercules and other right spins 
What do you think?
You got the right idea...gF is basically a hS with better teeth and mediocre same spin
(Oct. 31, 2018  9:26 PM)Infinite.Zero Wrote:
(Oct. 31, 2018  7:57 PM)Pyroblaze212 Wrote: So i think we can agree that 
What do you think?
You got the right idea...gF is basically a hS with better teeth and mediocre same spin

Agreed,both gF and hS are really great layers to counter right spin beys,i think that gF is more oriented towards being a balance type since it has good attack,good teeth and the rubber helps it with stamina as well while hS is more defensive/stamina oriented having a really circular design to fend off attacks
Both are basically right spin killers
Also both not having that great stock combos lol!
MORE TESTS!!(10 rounds per battle)

gF.7.G.xt+ vs wV.7.S.octa

gF:8 wins(1 burst,2 over,5 os)
wV:2 wins(1 over,1 os)

gF.10.et vs wV.7.S.octa

gF:7 wins(1 over,6 os)
wV:3 wins(2 over,1 os)

gF.7.G.xt+ vs bX.0.x'

gF:7 wins(2 over,5 os)
bX:3 wins(1 burst,2 over)

gF.10.et vs bX.0.x'

gF:8 wins(8 os)
bX:2 wins(2 over)

I just like to test the above two gF combos since i think they are the best combos for it
Suggest me some tests to do next
(Nov. 02, 2018  4:56 PM)Pyroblaze212 Wrote: MORE TESTS!!(10 rounds per battle)

gF.10.et vs wV.7.S.octa

gF.7.G.xt+ vs bX.0.x'

gF.10.et vs bX.0.x'

I just like to test the above two gF combos since i think they are the best combos for it

These tests are nice and all but the combos for the others are ehhh at best

wV.0B.At/R/Et
Ditto for bX

and if you wanted mobile
wV.10B.X'
Ditto for bX
(Nov. 02, 2018  10:34 PM)DaJetsnake Wrote:
(Nov. 02, 2018  4:56 PM)Pyroblaze212 Wrote: MORE TESTS!!(10 rounds per battle)

gF.10.et vs wV.7.S.octa

gF.7.G.xt+ vs bX.0.x'

gF.10.et vs bX.0.x'

These tests are nice and all but the combos for the others are ehhh at best

wV.0B.At/R/Et
Ditto for bX

and if you wanted mobile
wV.10B.X'
Ditto for bX

Ok i'll do that(first against wV.)

gF.7.G.xt+ vs wV.10.B.X'

wV:3 wins(3 over)

gF.7.G.xt+ vs wV.0B.at

gF:7 wins(7 os)
wV:3 wins(1 burst,1 over,1 os)

gF.10.et vs wV.10.B.X'

gF:9 wins(1 over,8 os)
wV:1 win(1 over)

gF.10.et vs wV.0.B.at

wV:3 wins(3 os)

Geist fafnir had no trouble against wV ofcourse because of spin steal and also LAD of xt+ and et
Also the reason for not using a frame on et is because it would just scrape and ruin the LAD
I'll do bX a bit later
(Nov. 03, 2018  6:58 AM)Pyroblaze212 Wrote:
(Nov. 02, 2018  10:34 PM)DaJetsnake Wrote: These tests are nice and all but the combos for the others are ehhh at best

wV.0B.At/R/Et
Ditto for bX

and if you wanted mobile
wV.10B.X'
Ditto for bX

Ok i'll do that(first against wV.)

gF.7.G.xt+ vs wV.10.B.X'

gF.7.G.xt+ vs wV.0B.at

gF.10.et vs wV.10.B.X'

gF.10.et vs wV.0.B.at

Geist fafnir had no trouble against wV ofcourse because of spin steal and also LAD of xt+ and et
Also the reason for not using a frame on et is because it would just scrape and ruin the LAD
I'll do bX a bit later
wV 0B At over spinned gF 10 Et??? 3Times
(Nov. 03, 2018  7:00 AM)Infinite.Zero Wrote:
(Nov. 03, 2018  6:58 AM)Pyroblaze212 Wrote: Ok i'll do that(first against wV.)

gF.7.G.xt+ vs wV.10.B.X'

gF.7.G.xt+ vs wV.0B.at

gF.10.et vs wV.10.B.X'

gF.10.et vs wV.0.B.at

I'll do bX a bit later
wV 0B At over spinned gF 10 Et??? 3Times
Were pretty close calls actually but i decided to give them to wV since it was getting rekt just to make it a bit more fun i guess also 2 of those 3 wins gF actually got stuck in the pocket and then came back in dead
Should i count that as over finish or os since it had almost stopped spinning when it came back in?
(Nov. 03, 2018  8:13 AM)Pyroblaze212 Wrote:
(Nov. 03, 2018  7:00 AM)Infinite.Zero Wrote: wV 0B At over spinned gF 10 Et??? 3Times
Were pretty close calls actually but i decided to give them to wV since it was getting rekt just to make it a bit more fun i guess also 2 of those 3 wins gF actually got stuck in the pocket and then came back in dead
Should i count that as over finish or os since it had almost stopped spinning when it came back in?
Over Finish if it hits the back pocket
(Nov. 03, 2018  8:22 AM)Infinite.Zero Wrote:
(Nov. 03, 2018  8:13 AM)Pyroblaze212 Wrote: Were pretty close calls actually but i decided to give them to wV since it was getting rekt just to make it a bit more fun i guess also 2 of those 3 wins gF actually got stuck in the pocket and then came back in dead
Over Finish if it hits the back pocket

Well in that case wV(2 over,1 os)
Sorry,my bad lol!

Ok i finally got more time:

gF.7.G.xt+ vs bX.10.B.X'

gF:9 wins(3 over,6 os)
bX:1 win(1 burst)

gF.10.et vs bX.10.B.X'

gF:8 wins(2 over,6 os)

gF.7.G.xt+ vs bX.0.B.at

gF:8 wins(1 burst,7 os)

gF.10.et vs bX.0.B.at

gF:10 wins(1 over,9 os)
bX:0 wins

Poor xcalibur i guess
What tests do you want next?
Attack types: "y u bully me?"

EDIT: Try 'em against aH.10.Et and hS.0B.Br
(Nov. 03, 2018  2:12 PM)DaJetsnake Wrote: Attack types: "y u bully me?"

EDIT: Try 'em against aH.10.Et and hS.0B.Br

Ok so:

gF.7.G.xt+ vs hS.0.B.br

gF:8 wins(6 burst,1 os,1 over)
hS:2 wins(2 os)

gF.10.et vs hS.0B.br

gF:7 wins(2 burst,1 over,4 os)
hS:3 wins(3 os)

Just as i thought bearing isn't that good in same spin

gF.7.G.xt+ vs aH.10.et

gF:8 wins(3 over,5 os)
aH:2 wins(2 os)

gF.10.et vs aH.10.et

gF:6 wins(1 over,5 os)
aH:4 wins(4 os)

you won't beleive how many draws there were lol,geist won because of spin steal though if you attach a frame on eternal than you will always lose when it comes to lad because of the height of eternal

Apparently xt+ has more lad than eternal
Give me more suggestions for test
Dang that's wild, surprised nobody else got these results
(Nov. 04, 2018  3:57 PM)DaJetsnake Wrote: Dang that's wild, surprised nobody else got these results

What do you mean?
Oh just that it hasn't been used in tourneys really