[Takara Tomy]  Geist Fafnir Testing Thread

Rouzuke, now those test results are pretty s p i c y
(Jan. 22, 2019  7:28 PM)DaJetsnake Wrote: Rouzuke, now those test results are pretty s p i c y

Wahahaha quite surprised with the results as well, since popular opinion was that gF stock parts are trash. Might run a couple of tests more before my week off is over

Edit: upon checking and further testing, 8Star is the best if using Absorb. I tried using 7 and Eternal and got better LAD (just align the 4point side to the Level Chip hole to balance)
anyone want to try geist fafnir 1'P Xt+?
(Feb. 04, 2019  8:11 AM)gxpt2000 Wrote: anyone want to try geist fafnir 1'P Xt+?

Against what combo tho?
(Feb. 09, 2019  12:58 AM)Rouzuke Wrote:
(Feb. 04, 2019  8:11 AM)gxpt2000 Wrote: anyone want to try geist fafnir 1'P Xt+?

Against what combo tho?
Any right spin combo you think is good
Haven't had too much updates, what with a lot of stuff going on recently. Will edit in this post my results for geist fafnir 1'P Xt+ vs competitive combos in the meta by Monday morning probably.

Will also test for my personal combo for Geist which I'll reveal soon, since Absorb does prove to be quite a problematic Driver to handle. This is also to start looking for good combos in light of the upcoming release for GT Fafnir.

Please look forward to it!
Geist Fafnir 00 Proof Eternal/Atomic Vs. Bloody Longinus 10 Cross Jolt/Sword

Idk
Can anybody test Geist Fafnir Hurricane absorb against cho beys archer Hercules and hell salamander
(Feb. 09, 2019  9:51 AM)gxpt2000 Wrote:
(Feb. 09, 2019  12:58 AM)Rouzuke Wrote: Against what combo tho?
Any right spin combo you think is good

I'll get to this after my work shift today. Hopefully gF 1'P Xt+ will have some nice movements. I'd assume you'd want to see the effects for all 3 modes, or just Stamina?

(Mar. 31, 2019  5:11 AM)Harpsterblade Wrote: Geist Fafnir 00 Proof Eternal/Atomic Vs. Bloody Longinus 10 Cross Jolt/Sword

Idk

Will do that later after my work shift. Interesting combo choice. Will try doing gF test both on Et and At, vs bL on Jl and Sw

(Mar. 31, 2019  11:55 AM)Garvin prime Wrote: Can anybody test Geist Fafnir Hurricane absorb against cho beys archer Hercules and hell salamander

Will get into this after my work shift. I don't think Hurricane on Absorb is going to be good (since I've used Absorb in hard and moderate launches with varying success of staying in the stadium), but let's see if it'll work. Against what combos of aH and hS specifically?
Do you have like a youtube channel or somthin'?
(Apr. 01, 2019  4:53 AM)Harpsterblade Wrote: Do you have like a youtube channel or somthin'?

I do, but unfortunately I have no time to edit videos nor have the internet bandwidth to upload (Philippines internet sucks bad har har) videos. I do have an instagram account (kinghadoukenbeypla) where I try to go live for a few hours testing combos.
(Apr. 01, 2019  12:57 AM)Rouzuke Wrote:
(Mar. 31, 2019  11:55 AM)Garvin prime Wrote: Can anybody test Geist Fafnir Hurricane absorb against cho beys archer Hercules and hell salamander
Against what combos of aH and hS specifically?
well any aH,hS competitive combos. and against ChoA and ChoV competitive combos. ijust wanna see the LAD potential of hurricane so feel free to get creative. thanks
Ok, starting with the easiest combo gF.Hr.Ab
- Black standard Burst Stadium
-LR Bey Launcher (one launcher per spin direction)

gF always launched moderate slide shoot vs opposite spin; hard launch flat launch against same spin

1st Testing: (LC)gF.Hr.Ab vs (LC)aH.7.Et

Results:
gF: 10%
aH: 90%

2nd Testing: (LC)gF.Hr.Ab vs (LC)aH.Outer.Et

Results:
gF: 10%
aH: 90%

3rd Testing: (LC)gF.Hr.Ab vs (LC)aH.Outer.Xt+ (Stamina mode)

Results:
gF: 0%
aH: 100%

4th Testing: (LC)gF.Hr.Ab vs (LC)hS(Stamina mode).10P.Xt+

Results:
gF: 20%
hS: 80%

5th Testing: (LC)gF.Hr.Ab vs (LC)hS(Stamina mode).0L(Up mode).Br

Results:
gF: 0%
hS: 100%

6th Testing: (LC)gF.Hr.Ab vs CZA.10G.Ds

Results:
CZA: 80%

7th Testing: (LC)gF.Hr.Ab vs CZA.10C.Ul

Results:
CZA: 80%

8th Testing: (LC)gF.Hr.Ab vs CZV.0C.Ev(Worn down)

Results:
gF: 70%
CZV: 30%

9th Testing: (LC)gF.Hr.Ab vs CZV.Z.Ul

Results:
gF: 80%
CZV: 20%

Edit: added CZV matchups

Coming up next for testing is gF.1'P.Xt+! Stay tuned!
Same setup as before, here are some of the tests for gF.1'P.Xt+

1st Testing: (LC)gF.1'P.Xt+(Stamina mode) vs (LC)sA.0M.Pw

Results:
gF: 100%
sA: 0%

2nd Testing: (LC)gF.1'P.Xt+(Stamina mode) vs (LC)hK.7C.At

Results:
gF: 75%
hK: 25%

3rd Testing: (LC)gF.1'P.Xt+(Stamina mode) vs (LC)dH.0C.Ds'

Results:
gF: 33%
dH: 67%

4th Testing: (LC)gF.1'P.Xt+(Stamina mode) vs (LC)pP.0P.At

Results:
gF: 15%
pP: 85%

5th Testing: (LC)gF.1'P.Xt+(Stamina mode) vs (LC)pP.Outer.Et

Results:
gF: 14%
pP: 86%

Separate comment for another testing. Only able to do gF.00P.Et vs bL.10C.Jl for now since we have an emergency at home. Might get back to this as soon as we are ok. Same setups as above.

1st Testing: (LC)gF.00P.Et vs (LC)bL.10C.Jl

Results:
gF: 44%
bL: 56%

2nd Testing: (LC)gF.00P.Et vs (LC)bL.10C.Sw

Results:
gF: 54%
bL: 46%

Edit: added the testing vs bL on Sw
(Apr. 01, 2019  12:57 AM)Rouzuke Wrote:
(Feb. 09, 2019  9:51 AM)gxpt2000 Wrote: Any right spin combo you think is good

I'll get to this after my work shift today. Hopefully gF 1'P Xt+ will have some nice movements. I'd assume you'd want to see the effects for all 3 modes, or just Stamina?
Mostly just attack mode, to test spin steal on light launches. and make sure the 1’ metal is not lined up with the metal weights. The 1’ being unbalanced is supposed to counter Geist fafnir being triangle shaped and make it more balanced.
(Apr. 05, 2019  8:01 PM)gxpt2000 Wrote:
(Apr. 01, 2019  12:57 AM)Rouzuke Wrote: I'll get to this after my work shift today. Hopefully gF 1'P Xt+ will have some nice movements. I'd assume you'd want to see the effects for all 3 modes, or just Stamina?
Mostly just attack mode, to test spin steal on light launches. and make sure the 1’ metal is not lined up with the metal weights. The 1’ being unbalanced is supposed to counter Geist fafnir being triangle shaped and make it more balanced.

Hmm ok, will try that out soon. I'll assume you'd want gF with a Level Chip on that setup, with what light launches - tilted/flat?

And I didn't really understood the "metal weights" unless you're referring to the rivets underneath gF that holds the mechanism for spin steal and attack mode?
Updated testing batch

1st Testing: (LC)gF.00P.At vs (LC)bL.10C.Jl

Results:
gF: 90%
bL: 10%

2nd Testing: (LC)gF.00P.At vs (LC)bL.10C.Sw

Results:
gF: 68%
bL: 32%

Will do the next tests as soon as I have rested up
Can you try out gF 1' wall hold' when hold' is released(soon)? Wall does not scrape too much in hold combos(sometimes) compared to many other tips.
(Apr. 16, 2019  5:32 PM)Ash_Ketchum_007 Wrote: Can you try out gF 1' wall hold' when hold' is released(soon)? Wall does not scrape too much in hold combos(sometimes) compared to many other tips.

Might try that, but with Hold only, cuz I don't think I'll be getting the Giants Ver. of Gran Valkyrie due to expenses. My input on Hold though is that it has quite bad Stamina against same spin in Left spin compared to Destroy, which I have noticed when using dF and gF against the Longinus family (but I figure you'd rather see concrete results that prove that conclusion huh)
(Apr. 18, 2019  12:27 AM)Rouzuke Wrote:
(Apr. 16, 2019  5:32 PM)Ash_Ketchum_007 Wrote: Can you try out gF 1' wall hold' when hold' is released(soon)? Wall does not scrape too much in hold combos(sometimes) compared to many other tips.

Might try that, but with Hold only, cuz I don't think I'll be getting the Giants Ver. of Gran Valkyrie due to expenses. My input on Hold though is that it has quite bad Stamina against same spin in Left spin compared to Destroy, which I have noticed when using dF and gF against the Longinus family (but I figure you'd rather see concrete results that prove that conclusion huh)

No,no. I'm not saying that you are wrong because I don't have hold to test and therefore incapable of proving you wrong and besides I think you are right based on what little I have seen of hold action. Besides, I didn't expect anything of its same spin performance. I only wanted to see if it would be like lost longinus heavy or gravity hold from dual layer days ( has nice attack power but also capable of spin stealing).
(Apr. 18, 2019  10:02 AM)Ash_Ketchum_007 Wrote:
(Apr. 18, 2019  12:27 AM)Rouzuke Wrote: Might try that, but with Hold only, cuz I don't think I'll be getting the Giants Ver. of Gran Valkyrie due to expenses. My input on Hold though is that it has quite bad Stamina against same spin in Left spin compared to Destroy, which I have noticed when using dF and gF against the Longinus family (but I figure you'd rather see concrete results that prove that conclusion huh)

No,no. I'm not saying that you are wrong because I don't have hold to test and therefore incapable of proving you wrong and besides I think you are right based on what little I have seen of hold action. Besides, I didn't expect anything of its same spin performance. I only wanted to see if it would be like lost longinus heavy or gravity hold from dual layer days ( has nice attack power but also capable of spin stealing).

Ahh I see. If I'm able to get a Hold', I might be able to do same left spin matchups, as Hold might just Burst way too easily on gF. Against opposite spin, I really feel that it may have some fight, but not as efficient and almost OP as hS or CZS.
But if say, you are going to a deck format battle and you really wanna use an interesting attack- zombie beyblade like this, I don't think it would be wise to waste your hS layer on this kind of combo unless, this combo is gonna be your zombie combo.