[Takara Tomy]  Geist Fafnir Testing Thread

(Oct. 21, 2018  8:36 AM)Ash_Ketchum_007 Wrote: guys I saw this combo in a japanese youtube channel.It is:
gF 1'glaive xtend+(attack mode).
It was very good in attacking as well as draining.
Test it against rP 0P  xtend+(attack or stamina mode).

Could you give a link
(Oct. 21, 2018  3:27 PM)Battleburst Wrote:
(Oct. 21, 2018  8:36 AM)Ash_Ketchum_007 Wrote: guys I saw this combo in a japanese youtube channel.It is:
It was very good in attacking as well as draining.
Test it against rP 0P  xtend+(attack or stamina mode).

Could you give a link
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yXMJJoUaZB8
Its pretty close to the video description he mentioned.
Ok so i have seen the posts in the thread and all i want to say is don't use atomic on geist fafnir it just doesn't work well
Since geist's layer is so big it only works with drivers having a wider base
As per my testing geist fafnir is a monster on eternal and xtend+,destroy also works well sometimes bearing as well but against same spin bearing gets wrecked easily
So basically use eternal and xtend+ on gf
just don't even try atomic on it trust me i've tested it
(Oct. 21, 2018  3:52 PM)Infinite.Zero Wrote:
(Oct. 21, 2018  3:27 PM)Battleburst Wrote: Could you give a link
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yXMJJoUaZB8

Same video.
(Oct. 23, 2018  6:53 PM)Ash_Ketchum_007 Wrote:
(Oct. 21, 2018  3:52 PM)Infinite.Zero Wrote: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yXMJJoUaZB8

Same video.
Just to let you know...its Mandarin
(Oct. 22, 2018  8:17 PM)Pyroblaze212 Wrote: Ok so i have seen the posts in the thread and all i want to say is don't use atomic on geist fafnir it just doesn't work well
Since geist's layer is so big it only works with drivers having a wider base
As per my testing geist fafnir is a monster on eternal and xtend+,destroy also works well sometimes bearing as well but against same spin bearing gets wrecked easily
So basically use eternal and xtend+ on gf
just don't even try atomic on it trust me i've tested it

Have you tested out Yard? Might be interesting.
Yard's balance is inferior to Orbit or atomic. Bearing and eternal are also superior, and maybe Xtend+ from what I hear, since it's apparently pretty good.
I really want this combo to be tested, if anyone can do it: Geist Fafnir 7Cross Destroy'. I feel like it would be good, but I have no idea. Prefer to test against good left spin attack and both spin stamina.
So here are the results:

A. Geist Fafnir, 7-Cross, Destroy (Even) vs. Hell Salamander, 0-Bump, Bearing (Odd) (Click to View)

- gF.7C.Ds: 5 Burst Finish, 1 Survivor Finish, 1 Double Burst Draw = 60 to 70% Win Rate
- hS.0B.Br: 3 Survivor Finish, 1 Double Burst Draw = 30 to 40% Win Rate

B. Geist Fafnir, 7-Cross, Destroy (Even) vs. Spriggan Requiem, 0-Bump, Bearing (Odd) (Click to View)

- gF.7C.Ds: 5 Burst Finish, 1 Survivor Finish = 60% Win Rate
- Sr.0B.Br: 4 Survivor Finish = 40% Win Rate 

My side note & brief analysis: (Click to View)
Though with a dash driver the burst problem is solved
Still in the tests that i have done geist fafnir is a beast on eternal and xtend+,it hardly ever looses
(Oct. 25, 2018  9:54 AM)Pyroblaze212 Wrote: Though with a dash driver the burst problem is solved
Still in the tests that i have done geist fafnir is a beast on eternal and xtend+,it hardly ever looses

Seems great, what's the frame and disc for Eternal and the layer, I'll try it.
(Oct. 25, 2018  10:09 AM)kidwhoasksalot Wrote:
(Oct. 25, 2018  9:54 AM)Pyroblaze212 Wrote: Though with a dash driver the burst problem is solved

Seems great, what's the frame and disc for Eternal and the layer, I'll try it.
Dont use any frame with Et because the driver is too short...Ω, 10, 7, 0 will work fine...
(Oct. 25, 2018  3:31 PM)Infinite.Zero Wrote:
(Oct. 25, 2018  10:09 AM)kidwhoasksalot Wrote: Seems great, what's the frame and disc for Eternal and the layer, I'll try it.
Dont use any frame with Et because the driver is too short...Ω, 10, 7, 0 will work fine...

Okay, it's either 0 or 10 since it's more symmetrical to an inverted triangle when assembled with the layer and driver. Any beyblades or combos you want to test it against with? I don't have a large collection, my Cho-Z layers are only Emperor Forneus, Hazard Kerbeus, Archer Hercules, Revive Phoenix, Z Achilles (the layer only), Buster Xcalibur. I do have some God layers but I'm too lazy right now to list them but they're mostly outclassed, except for Spriggan Requiem. I can't do mirror match against Archer Hercules since I only have one Eternal.
The combos that i use are
Geist fafnir 10 eternal
Geist fafnir 10 proof extend+
Also i usually soft launch since it is best for geist fafnir
(Oct. 25, 2018  4:27 PM)kidwhoasksalot Wrote:
(Oct. 25, 2018  3:31 PM)Infinite.Zero Wrote: Dont use any frame with Et because the driver is too short...Ω, 10, 7, 0 will work fine...

Okay, it's either 0 or 10 since it's more symmetrical to an inverted triangle when assembled with the layer and driver. Any beyblades or combos you want to test it against with? I don't have a large collection, my Cho-Z layers are only Emperor Forneus, Hazard Kerbeus, Archer Hercules, Revive Phoenix, Z Achilles (the layer only), Buster Xcalibur. I do have some God layers but I'm too lazy right now to list them but they're mostly outclassed, except for Spriggan Requiem. I can't do mirror match against Archer Hercules since I only have one Eternal.
gF 10 Et vs rP 0B Ds ?
(Oct. 25, 2018  6:10 AM)kidwhoasksalot Wrote: So here are the results:

A. Geist Fafnir, 7-Cross, Destroy (Even) vs. Hell Salamander, 0-Bump, Bearing (Odd) (Click to View)

- gF.7C.Ds: 5 Burst Finish, 1 Survivor Finish, 1 Double Burst Draw = 60 to 70% Win Rate

B. Geist Fafnir, 7-Cross, Destroy (Even) vs. Spriggan Requiem, 0-Bump, Bearing (Odd) (Click to View)

Thanks! Glad to hear my combo is pretty good! Can anyone tell me how to shorten these messages in a spoiler or something similar?
(Oct. 26, 2018  12:36 AM)Armor Wrote:
(Oct. 25, 2018  6:10 AM)kidwhoasksalot Wrote: So here are the results:

Thanks! Glad to hear my combo is pretty good! Can anyone tell me how to shorten these messages in a spoiler or something similar?

[/s'] [s]

remove the dash in the first one, just put the first one at the start of the post, and the other one at the end

Also oof, nice tests
(Oct. 26, 2018  12:45 AM)DaJetsnake Wrote:
(Oct. 26, 2018  12:36 AM)Armor Wrote: Thanks! Glad to hear my combo is pretty good! Can anyone tell me how to shorten these messages in a spoiler or something similar?

[/s'] [s]

remove the dash in the first one, just put the first one at the start of the post, and the other one at the end

Also oof, nice tests

[s]Testing[s]

Well that didn't work. How do I get it around the tagged post?
my bad, not the dash, the ' apostrophe
Put [spoiler] Put stuff here [spoiler] (Second spoiler tag should actually have a / before the s, but I wanted to show y'all).
Guys can someone test it. I am asking for test as I suspect the video is rigged(bursting rP).
Test it against rP 0 /10 P  xtend+(attack or stamina mode).
Nah bro geist fafnir actually destroys on xtend+ and eternal
Heck it even bursted my valkyrie
Even so geist can even burst phoenix in stock combo as per my analysis
It's like the perfect enemy for phoenix
just to test.

Yay it worked

(Oct. 27, 2018  6:50 PM)Pyroblaze212 Wrote: Nah bro geist fafnir actually destroys on xtend+ and eternal

It seems like Takara Tomy has been keeping a trend of creating counters against a previous release. This is how I see it:

Crash Ragnaruk<Z Achilles<Emporer Forneus<Archer Hercules<Winning Valkyrie<Revive Phoenix<Geist Fafnir<Bloody Longinus

This may or may not be true in certain cases. And actually, it seems that each Cho-Z bey simply counters another, except maybe Hazard Kerbeus and Vise Leopard.
(Oct. 27, 2018  8:32 PM)Armor Wrote:
just to test.

Yay it worked

(Oct. 27, 2018  6:50 PM)Pyroblaze212 Wrote: Nah bro geist fafnir actually destroys on xtend+ and eternal

It seems like Takara Tomy has been keeping a trend of creating counters against a previous release. This is how I see it:

Crash Ragnaruk<Z Achilles<Emporer Forneus<Archer Hercules<Winning Valkyrie<Revive Phoenix<Geist Fafnir<Bloody Longinus

This may or may not be true in certain cases. And actually, it seems that each Cho-Z bey simply counters another, except maybe Hazard Kerbeus and Vise Leopard.
I mean you are right but i don't think bloody is the perfect geist counter though i mean bloody's recoil most of the times results in self burst
Also i am pretty sure tt released geist fafnir to balance out the meta a bit as geist fafnir can beat the beys that are currently ruling the meta those being phoenix,salamander,valkyrie,hercules 
With the right combo geist can easily beat or at the least give them a run for their money
(My recommendations are to use eternal or xtend+ on geist to get the best out of it)
Ok so i decided to conduct some more tests(10 battles each) and here they are:

A: Geist fafnir 10.P.xt+ vs hell salamander 7.B.at
Geist fafnir: 9 wins(3 burst,5 os,1 over)
Hell salamander: 1 win(os)

B: Geist fafnir 10.et vs hell salamander 7.B.at
Geist fafnir: 6 wins(2 burst,4 os)
Hell salamander: 4 wins(1 burst,3 os)

C: Geist fafnir 10.P.xt+ vs spriggan requiem 0.B.br

(Sr in left spin)
Geist fafnir :8 wins(6 burst, 2 os)
Spriggan requiem:2 wins(2 os)

(Sr in right spin)
Geist fafnir: 6 wins(1 burst,5 os)
Spriggan requiem: 4 wins(1 over,3 os)

D: Geist fafnir 10.et vs spriggan requiem 0.B.br

(Sr in left spin)
Geist fafnir: 4 wins(2 burst, 2 os)
Spriggan requiem:6 wins(6 os)

(Sr in right spin)
Geist fafnir: 5 wins(5 os)
Spriggan requiem:5 wins(5 os)

Final thoughts,geist on xt+ is a monster literally
And is also really good on eternal as well, plus it's gimmick easily destabilizes other beys even on bearing which really helps it a lot especially in case of eternal which has great balance
Also i usually go for a moderate launch
(There were also quite a few draws)