Sway defense - performance tip comparison and evaluation

Hey guys! This is mostly to contribute to the sway-defense category of the zero-G tier list that is currently being developed. This is for confirming, organizing, and evaluating the tests that have been done and are being done in the sway-defense category.

I used performance tips from each series (Flat, Spike, Ball, and Defense). I used the same 2 combos for all tests, except for switching the sway-defender's performance tip (obviously)

I used SA165 for the sway defender. It was used in defense mode. I know it isn't the greatest for sway-defense, but I wanted to give the sway-attacker a significantly higher win rate, so as to compare the results of the different tips more effectively.

Here are the tips I am using:

B series: MB (metal ball) SB (sarp ball) TB (twin ball)
S series: RS (rubber sharp) ES (eternal sharp) CS (coating sharp) MS (metal spike)
F series: BSF (blade semi-flat)
D series: BWD (big wide defense)

tests:

evaluation:

I strongly encourage that you guys test these yourselves before posting, and if possible, to verify my results. That would be great! It's good to have more than one person backing up an idea. Smile
Hope you guys find this helpful!
This is an interesting thread. Hopefully some more people will check it out and it will be easier to make a tier list. I agree that MB is probably one of the best for sway defense. I'll try to get some tests up to help out with your results and tests, but I do agree with all of them from previous tests and tournament experience.
*Ahem.*

Great idea though!
(May. 14, 2013  1:43 AM)*Ginga* Wrote: *Ahem.*

Great idea though!

ooohhh... I've never seen that before! Tongue_out ... This is kinda awkward... Well, I guess we could still use this thread, as a second reference, and once more tests are added on. Smile Do you have any suggestions? I could test CS later. Smile
I also did some tests somewhere.

Problem with MB is wear. A worn one is significantly easier to sway than a mint one.
(May. 14, 2013  2:14 AM)ShinobuXD Wrote: I also did some tests somewhere.

Problem with MB is wear. A worn one is significantly easier to sway than a mint one.

Good point. I've never tried with a worn one, but I'll take your word for it. Smile I looked and didn't see any, but apparently there have been some tests for sway-defense. I'll keep testing, though, since it is good to have multiple references and tests when making a tier-list.
I'll add some tests later tomorrow probably, but I may not be able to post more this week. My grandparents are coming over for my birthday, so I'll have to do it now. What do you guys want tested? Smile
I think you should still test TB, its a pretty nice tip and would be nice has another purpose than stamina

Also could you test SB?
Could you try RSF please? It would be great to have more confirmation tests of its use.
I'll do TB, CS, and ES today. Smile

Sorry ShinobuXD, I won't be able to do that until Saturday. Unhappy
There are also several comparison tests here that ShinobuXD and I did...

http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-BSF-Discussion
W2D, I heard it sort of counter sways when it is swayed. Though I have not seen any tests for this, it would be nice to have them.
(May. 14, 2013  2:44 PM)KainHighwind Wrote: There are also several comparison tests here that ShinobuXD and I did...

http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-BSF-Discussion

Alright, Alright! I guess I didn't look hard enough... I was checking thread names Tongue_out
I added everyone's tests to the OP. We can just use this as an organized source for sway-defense
comparisons, since there is already a thread for sway-attack comparisons. Smile
Hahaha....I wasn't taking a shot at you. Just wanted to post those here for reference.

Edit: and to remind Shinobu where he did his tests. Lol
Can you try LF? I think that LF or LRF of a right spin Bey could kindof cancel out the sway because of its opposite movements, but maybe not. If not that, could you do FB or FS?
LF is just essentialy a R2F with the spikes facing to the right so nothing will change.
You mean LRF right ? Also, yeah, I agree, I want to see how FB performs.
Here are some tests
Gear
Zero G Attack Stadium
3 Segment grip
Beylauncher R
Extension
Grip Rubber
Angle compass

Killerken always shot first.

Gryph^2 SA165 (Normal mode) GF vs Killerken Killerken SA165 W2D
Gryph:12 (12 Sway KO)
Killerken:8 (8 Sway KO)
W2D win Percentage: 40%
Detail
Gryph 2 SA165 (Normal) GF vs Killerken^2 SA165 (Normal) RB
Gryph:6 (6 Sway KO)
Killerken:14 (14 Sway KO)
RB Win Percentage: 70%
Detail
Gryph^2 SA165 (Normal) GF vs Killerken^2 SA165 (Normal) PD
Gryph: 14 (14 Sway KO)
Killerken: 6 (6 Sway KO)
PD Win percentage: 30%
Detail
W2D and PD both got tossed around a lot and didn't hold up good. W2D did stand some what of a better chance, but I wouldn't say to much. RB did actually pretty good compared to the others. It was harder to toss around. It didn't do as good as MB in theblackdragon's tests, but I think it still did decent (Some of Gryph's sway KO's were close against RB).
Thanks thunderdome! Smile I don't know if Gryph^2 SA165GF has better sway that Balro Balro SP230GF, so those tests might be a little hard to compare to the others... Could you or someone else test one of the tips that has already been tested vs Balro against gryph so we can see if gryph does better or worse than balro against the same tip? Smile
Sure. I can have some of those tests later. I'll use BSF with Killerken if thats all right.
Speaking of LF (and I do not mean LRF)....I would also like to see some sway defense tip comparison tests vs a sway combo using LF. That is a tip that needs some serious attention in the zero g stadium, try it and you will see why.
shouldnt LF go faster in left spin than right spin?
(May. 15, 2013  11:55 AM)Thunder Dome Wrote: Sure. I can have some of those tests later. I'll use BSF with Killerken if thats all right.

That'll be perfect!

KainHighwind: really? I'll try it! Smile
diblee123, if it does technically go faster in left spin, then the difference in speed will be hardly noticeable.

@theblackdragon, LF's biggest problem has always been that it couldn't hold a flower pattern for long, but that doesn't matter in the zero g stadium. It is still an incredibly fast bottom, and sways very well. From what I remember, it was more controllable than GF, and swayed almost as well.
Can you do some tests on B as well, it has some interesting aspects for zero-g
(May. 20, 2013  3:32 PM)Time Wrote: Can you do some tests on B as well, it has some interesting aspects for zero-g

I don't think B would have any advantages over MB or SB, but I might be able to try it later. Smile