Random Thoughts 5 - READ RULES IN FIRST POST

Maybe a little more funny topic:

What are you guys going to masquerade as on Carnival? I'm going to be a ladybug, because we're writing an exam on Carnival Monday and I'm going to be the lucky charm for my fellow students. XD
(Feb. 05, 2015  2:39 PM)~Stoney~ Wrote: What are you guys going to masquerade as on Carnival?

So it's like a second Halloween?
Well, my dot just ate a mini pack of raisans which are deadly to dogs.. And they were yogurt covered ;__; I don't know if he will be OK and I don't even have time to go to the vet Uncertain I'm screwed...
I think you should at least try. If it works, I think his stomach should be pumped.
It depends how big your dog is, but if you do not have time, try to get a friend or a family member to bring him to the veterinary.
Awww come on, everyone should have time to save a pets life.

I find it funny how in the movie Foodfight, Dex Dogtective actually ate raisins I think, I know it's made up but it comes off as ironic to me.
I am always at my grandparents after school and don't get home until 7. I have to do homework and eat dinner. By the time I finish, no veterinarian will be open. I can't leave him with my grandparents because they have a life and shouldn't be worrying about him. And my other family members live from 1 hour to a 5 hour plane ride away... ;__;
Well, I pray for the best, let's hope he will make it.
(Feb. 05, 2015  9:49 PM)UW Detective Wrote: Well, I pray for the best, let's hope he will make it.

Thanks Jinbee UW Detective Smile

I hope he makes it through too...
(Feb. 05, 2015  8:42 PM)Wizard Wrote:
(Feb. 05, 2015  2:39 PM)~Stoney~ Wrote: What are you guys going to masquerade as on Carnival?

So it's like a second Halloween?

They do that in Germany too? I thought Carnival was just in South America.

Wizard: I think it's like this holiday that lasts a few weeks . Or maybe she's talking about something else.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carnival

Whoa, looks like its a world wide thing.
Yeah we do it here, too. Smile not really like halloween, it's less scary and more funny. Joyful_2 just like that Wikipedia article says. In Germany it's not really holiday, only three to four days that are official holidays. During that period a lot of parades take place. Monday to Wednesday/Thursday is the main thing and that's practically it. Joyful_2

Sorry, I thougt you were doing it in US, too. My bad.

So are there any other guys here who are celebrating carnival?
I looked it up and Carnival is a celebration for the same thing as Mardi Gras. It's just an official holiday there and a much bigger deal than it is in the US.
My schoolmate did a project on Brazil and he said Carnvial lasts up to weeks, IIRC.
(Feb. 05, 2015  11:15 PM)Packers Wrote: Wizard: I think it's like this holiday that lasts a few weeks . Or maybe she's talking about something else.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carnival

Whoa, looks like its a world wide thing.

Ah, OK. I'm pretty sure we call that Mardi Gras in the states, but it's really only celebrated in New Orleans. The rest of the country barely knows Mardy Gras exists lol.

(Feb. 05, 2015  9:22 PM)Kai-V Wrote: It depends how big your dog is, but if you do not have time, try to get a friend or a family member to bring him to the veterinary.

Kai-V, she stalks from the shadows to give you sound advice when you really need it. The only downside is that you can't hear her French accent from a written message.
I know New Orleans celebrates Mardi Gras really heavily. I don't know about where you are Packers, but in Northern LA it's celebrated, but people don't get really drunk and stuff, haha.
(Feb. 06, 2015  4:25 AM)Echizen Wrote: I know New Orleans celebrates Mardi Gras really heavily. I don't know about where you are Packers, but in Northern LA it's celebrated, but people don't get really drunk and stuff, haha.

You know where I live... lol.

This is he time of year where you gorge yourself with King Cake Wink. I guess nowheres else in the US really does anything to celebrate it.
Atleast we got a Simpson's episode with it Grin
King Cake? That is shockingly similar to my name...

EDIT: just looked it up, it looks like angel food cake, my mouth is drooling now.
(Feb. 06, 2015  4:47 AM)King Carp Wrote: King Cake? That is shockingly similar to my name...

EDIT: just looked it up, it looks like angel food cake, my mouth is drooling now.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/King_cake

King cake is heavier.
(Feb. 06, 2015  4:50 AM)Packers Wrote:
(Feb. 06, 2015  4:47 AM)King Carp Wrote: King Cake? That is shockingly similar to my name...

King cake is heavier.

So its a huge danish? Wow, your lucky man.

King cake is heavier.

OMFG! That looks so good!😋
(Feb. 06, 2015  4:52 AM)King Carp Wrote:

King cake is heavier.

So its a huge danish? Wow, your lucky man.
I guess so. Some are filled with cream cheese. I like plain though.

It's sad not all of them have the baby figurine inside them anymore, I guess it became to much of a safety hazard...
Was walking out of Home Depot with my mother when this pickup truck with a plow on the front was going at least 60 in the plaza and almost hit us. We had the right of way since we are pedestrians and they almost hit us if we didn't stop, so I yelled at the couple and said "watch your driving, idiots!"... Now my mother thinks I have too much aggression... Thoughts?
(Feb. 06, 2015  4:34 AM)Packers Wrote:
(Feb. 06, 2015  4:25 AM)Echizen Wrote: I know New Orleans celebrates Mardi Gras really heavily. I don't know about where you are Packers, but in Northern LA it's celebrated, but people don't get really drunk and stuff, haha.

You know where I live... lol.

This is he time of year where you gorge yourself with King Cake Wink. I guess nowheres else in the US really does anything to celebrate it.
Atleast we got a Simpson's episode with it Grin

King Cake is gross. Uncertain

I had some today in fact.
Wait, what does it taste like? I don't happen to have access to one.
(Feb. 07, 2015  2:32 AM)UW Detective Wrote: Wait, what does it taste like? I don't happen to have access to one.
Cinnamon Bon mixed with a Danish perhaps? Idk a better way to describe it.