1120 Jackson Rd
  Under pavilion
3:00ish on 09/08/2019
Hosted by
  Yami
Contact Host
Format
Burst

Most official Beyblade Burst gear can be used.

View Rulebook
Type

One Beyblade is prepared and used in each First Stage match.

Read more
Admission
0 cash  

Free event since PayPal is down!

The WBO is a volunteer, fan-run organization.
About the WBO

Submit pics and clips from this event to earn Bits + be featured on our social media pages!

Find Out How

WBO events are public and you may be photographed.
View Photo Policy

Host: Yami

LocationThis event will be held outdoors at MLK Jr. Park.

Time: As the tournament will start promptly 15 minutes AFTER Burst tournament, please plan to arrive around 3:00pm when registration will begin. Registration will close 15 minutes after burst tournament. If the participant cap has not been met at this time, waitlisted players will be offered a spot. Confirming your attendance on the WBO event page does not substitute for registration at the venue.

Prizes: Due to WBO funds currently being put on hold, prizes will not be offered at this event (fortunately this also means no entry fees!)

Other Information:
Please come prepared. It is helpful for both hosts and judges if all participants bring at least one Takara Tomy or Hasbro-manufactured Beyblade of their own and more than one launcher when possible. Additionally, parents of children under the age of 13 must be present for the duration of the event, as tournament end times can be difficult to estimate, and we would hate for someone to be left behind once it is over.

Be aware of your belongings. We'd advise users to please, please look after your stuff. While yes this is a Beyblade tournament and we're not suggesting that any of us would attempt to take each other's stuff it is still happening at a public venue where other people (who may not be so friendly) are going to be present as well. Of course, if you see a personal belonging lying around bring it up any of the judges so we can return it to the right person. Your co-operation is appreciated!

All players must arrive on-time. The tournament will begin right after Burst Classic and is expected to run for 2-3 hours, though if there is a large turnout it may take longer. Please plan accordingly. If you do not arrive at the scheduled start time, you risk being excluded from the tournament. The software we use to run our events–Challonge–does not allow us to add in extra participants once the tournament has started.

If you know in advance that you will be late, please post in this thread or contact someone at the event and depending on the circumstances we can perhaps still include you if we know you will arrive soon.

Bring 3 Choose 1 Format Rules
  1. When a match between 2 players is announced, each player assembles 3 combos.

2. After both players have their combos ready, they turn around and present their combos to their opponent.

3. Each player is given some time (I'd say 30 seconds - 1 minute max if we really want to be carp about this kind of thing) to identify the combos presented, and then makes the final selection of which Beyblade they will use from the 3 combos they presented to their opponent.

4. The match then continues as a normal, first to 3 point match would. 
This rule change would not only make huge, single elimination tournaments less unforgiving, it would also reward skilled players who have knowledge of combos and how they interact, as well as how to play certain matchups (which are Beyblade skills, by the way) by allowing them to make more informed decisions during the first stage. The only drawback is that it would increase the time that the first stage takes, though I could only see this being a real issue with events that aren't quite big enough to require single elimination but are still relatively large (in my opinion, like the 65-100 player range). 

Additional Details
For this tournament, repeat parts will be allowed. Players will have 30 seconds to make their beyblade selection after turning their back to their opponent. Launchers will NOT need to be declared prior to selecting one's combo.

Need-to-Know Information

1. During Registration, Open Your Account Page

Open your account page on your mobile device (if possible) during registration to help us keep things quick.

2. Arrive On Time

You must arrive by the tournament start time to enter. We cannot add new players to an event once it begins. If you're running late, contact the host.

3. Stay Aware of Your Belongings

We do everything possible to ensure a safe environment, but can't be held responsible for lost or stolen goods. Keep your gear close by!

4. The Tournament Will Last At Least a Few Hours

This event is likely to last at least a few hours. If you can't commit to the entire tournament, you're welcome to come watch and play for fun instead!

5. Listen For Your Username To Be Called

Your name will be called when it's time for your next battle. If you need to leave early or take a break, tell a judge. Missing a match could mean disqualification!

6. Players Must Meet Regional Product Age Restrictions

All players in this event must meet the age restrictions on Beyblade products in their region. TAKARA-TOMY recommends Beyblade for ages 6+. Hasbro recommends Beyblade for ages 8+. Players under these ages may only participate with the permission of their parent/guardian.

7. Players Under 18 Must Be Accompanied by a Parent/Guardian

If you are under 18 years old, a parent/guardian must accompany you and be present for the duration of the event.

8. Contests, Raffles, Gambling, Betting, and Selling Are Prohibited

Advertising the sale of any product or service, as well as posting about any contest, raffle, gambling, or betting on this event page and conducting them at the event without approval by Fighting Spirits Inc. staff is prohibited. Please contact the Organized Play team if you require approval.

9. Terms of Service

All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

Like the standard Burst Standard Restrictions. If you read and understand those rules, you'll be set.
(Sep. 07, 2019  3:42 AM)CheetoBlader Wrote:
(Sep. 07, 2019  3:39 AM)Vincent111 Wrote: Like what

Or do they just say you can’t use that part

Or do they just say you can’t use that part
No spin change on Sr(3), czS(4), or LS, frame needed for 12, and I think that’s it.

Thxs
13 people.........hmmmmm.......I think I will chose the supreme ones qc’
What's the difference between the classic one (that starts at 12pm) and this one?
(Sep. 07, 2019  6:07 PM)JunPark Wrote: What's the difference between the classic one (that starts at 12pm) and this one?

This one is the newer meta and Classic is the older layer format. And Classic is ranked and this time, Standard isn’t.
(Sep. 07, 2019  6:10 PM)CheetoBlader Wrote:
(Sep. 07, 2019  6:07 PM)JunPark Wrote: What's the difference between the classic one (that starts at 12pm) and this one?

This one is the newer meta and Classic is the older layer format. And Classic is ranked and this time, Standard isn’t.

We're also trialing a new experimental ruleset (see the original post)
(Sep. 07, 2019  6:13 PM)The Supreme One Wrote:
(Sep. 07, 2019  6:10 PM)CheetoBlader Wrote: This one is the newer meta and Classic is the older layer format. And Classic is ranked and this time, Standard isn’t.

We're also trialing a new experimental ruleset (see the original post)

Hehe… I forgot to include that in my post, I would edit it, but I need to finish testing my stupid, but good combos (Quest is in one of the combos.)
Thank you for answering my previous question. :)
(Sep. 07, 2019  11:10 AM)SS2 Blader Wrote: 13 people.........hmmmmm.......I think I will chose the supreme ones qc’

I mean If you prefer to be ranked go for classic. If you want to try the new format this would be good too as well
Wait can you only pick one of the tournaments?
(Sep. 07, 2019  7:22 PM)Vincent111 Wrote: Wait can you only pick one of the tournaments?

You may go to both.
I wish I could go.
The new format in the tournament is something I did in like drafts
I might not be able to attend, but I don’t know. I have to drag my twin sister along with me Unhappy.
I cant go to the other one just this one
Morning everyone I just wanted to say I will be there at 12:00 so do you think Tso could delay the start time to 12:15 also I brought a stadium just Incase
There’s this glitch when I try to join the tournament it saids I’m in but I don’t see my pfp I need help on this
Turns out I'm not going to either
I'm still surprised that I got 4th place y'all, I'd like to thank everyone that was there that made this day a very very epic one, I'm very grateful y'all, also, I'm also grateful to Hyper Xeno who I bought Dead Hades from, and also like to thank Nathan Delta for the Cho-Z Valkrye and Zwei longinus beys, y'all rock dudes, hope to beybattle y'all again someday
Thanks to everyone who helped run and organize this tournament, and all the bladers who participated! Don't forget to thank the people who drove you there!

I thought the new format was interesting. It was time consuming, because like Burst Classic, all those extra rules were a bit much for most of the participants. It didn't help that the Pick 3 Choose 1 format thread has been non-public all this time. Some bladers didn't have 3 beys and couldn't borrow them, others wound up bringing three beys but just using the same one each time, choosing not to partake of the additional strategy.

I ran the same deck the whole way through, because I was too tired to innovate and also because it's a great deck:
Dread Bahamut 0 Wall Bearing Gen
Lord Spriggan (Right Spin) 0 Wall Bearing
Judgement Diabolos 0 Bump Orbit Metal
I went 4 and 1. Hyper xeno beat me, and it was close. I think I was using my Judgement combo, and I can't remember what they were using but we went 3-2. I think it was a Lord Spriggan on Left Spin?
I got 5th place, since we didn't do a finals. Very narrow margin of Bucholz, honestly, everyone who went 4-1 had some high Bucholz.

My main takeaways from the tournament:
I did use a bit more Judgement since I got a peek at what beys my opponents might bring.
Props to RYANTHEDRAGON98 and his hilariously tight Garuda G3 combo. That's ridiculous! It's beatable, yes, but it's quite good. I won't spill the beans on that one.
I tried a lot of Dread Bahamut Gen at the tournament (Gold 0 Wall Bearing). It's slightly more bursty than Balkesh B3, but 2 grams heavier, bigger, and I would say it's a solid replacement for Balkesh B3. TSO seems less convinced, but I've seen Balkesh get KOed too many times at this point to continue using it myself.
If you need to turn around to select your bey in secret, please do. Don't try to select it by feel alone if you can't.
We ended up not doing a finals because that would just be standard deck format,and everyone was tired, and this was unranked.
(Sep. 09, 2019  4:33 AM)DeceasedCrab Wrote: Thanks to everyone who helped run and organize this tournament, and all the bladers who participated! Don't forget to thank the people who drove you there!

I thought the new format was interesting. It was time consuming, because like Burst Classic, all those extra rules were a bit much for most of the participants. It didn't help that the Pick 3 Choose 1 format thread has been non-public all this time. Some bladers didn't have 3 beys and couldn't borrow them, others wound up bringing three beys but just using the same one each time, choosing not to partake of the additional strategy.

I ran the same deck the whole way through, because I was too tired to innovate and also because it's a great deck:
Dread Bahamut 0 Wall Bearing Gen
Lord Spriggan (Right Spin) 0 Wall Bearing
Judgement Diabolos 0 Bump Orbit Metal
I went 4 and 1. Hyper xeno beat me, and it was close. I think I was using my Judgement combo, and I can't remember what they were using but we went 3-2. I think it was a Lord Spriggan on Left Spin?
I got 5th place, since we didn't do a finals. Very narrow margin of Bucholz, honestly, everyone who went 4-1 had some high Bucholz.

My main takeaways from the tournament:
I did use a bit more Judgement since I got a peek at what beys my opponents might bring.
Props to RYANTHEDRAGON98 and his hilariously tight Garuda G3 combo. That's ridiculous! It's beatable, yes, but it's quite good. I won't spill the beans on that one.
I tried a lot of Dread Bahamut Gen at the tournament (Gold 0 Wall Bearing). It's slightly more bursty than Balkesh B3, but 2 grams heavier, bigger, and I would say it's a solid replacement for Balkesh B3. TSO seems less convinced, but I've seen Balkesh get KOed too many times at this point to continue using it myself.
If you need to turn around to select your bey in secret, please do. Don't try to select it by feel alone if you can't.
We ended up not doing a finals because that would just be standard deck format,and everyone was tired, and this was unranked.

Thanks dude, y'all rocked at the tourney, and I'm very happy that I got to face off against a lot of awesome and amazing beybladers here yesterday, you Deceacedcrab and everyone else made yesterday very very awesome