[Product]  BG-09 Random Layer Collection Vol. 9

(Jun. 25, 2018  7:59 AM)marutti Wrote:

CONGRATS , For having a HAZARD KERBEUS #Marutti
(Jun. 25, 2018  7:38 AM)Jinbee Wrote:
(Jun. 25, 2018  7:36 AM)Suhasini Wrote: Oh, so that's the movable part. Well, when I thought movable part I expected more but marutti's right, its just to provide cushion. Any idea who is the owner of the beyblade?

The movement is more than I expected and it's at least more effective looking than Guardian Kerbeus' trash almost ineffective god ability. The teeth look about average, I think there's four of them as opposed to three.

I also love that bottle green underside.

[Image: 2q16zpu.png]

[Image: oarn7b.png]
Not sure who the owner is but it's probably the guy with green hair and dog mask on the main poster.
Oh okay, just hope its not fragile fragile like aH, and hope the moving parts don't break after some serious attacks.
Edit: No, it looks quite strong.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VnldY3KLIls

A better look at hK, it's teeth and such. Unfortunately this lost to aH every single time, even when both used 13.Et. That really sucks.
(Jun. 25, 2018  12:34 PM)Jinbee Wrote: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VnldY3KLIls

A better look at hK, it's teeth and such. Unfortunately this lost to aH every single time, even when both used 13.Et. That really sucks.

Isnt this meant to be defence and aH stamina? So aH should have the natural advantage in here
(Jun. 28, 2018  7:18 PM)Gaeryc Wrote:
(Jun. 25, 2018  12:34 PM)Jinbee Wrote: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VnldY3KLIls

Isnt this meant to be defence and aH stamina? So aH should have the natural advantage in here

While that's true, at the time of writing that comment, I had no idea how good aH was for stamina, I assumed the layers somewhat aggressive design would hinder it but from what I've heard now, it has good stamina. Same goes for Eternal. I have no idea how good or bad hK is though.
(Jun. 28, 2018  7:23 PM)Jinbee Wrote:
(Jun. 28, 2018  7:18 PM)Gaeryc Wrote: Isnt this meant to be defence and aH stamina? So aH should have the natural advantage in here

While that's true, at the time of writing that comment, I had no idea how good aH was for stamina, I assumed the layers somewhat aggressive design would hinder it but from what I've heard now, it has good stamina. Same goes for Eternal. I have no idea how good or bad hK is though.

Ah, that explains it :D   aH seems to be one of the beys to get if your tight on money... I will try to get everything this gen too, I really hope this bey has decent defence since it looks like the mechanism migh work. Atleast it cant be as bad as people think vise leopard will be... and thats expensive yo

Here it doesnt burst too much, but why on earth would you give it such a crappy combo
Am I the only one that really wants Hazard Kerbeus I mean it's a really cool layer that is actually a Cho-Z bey unlike another bey that we won't speak of that was a "god layer"but also I really like ken's character so maybe that's why.So yea those are my thoughts thank you for reading have a nice day
(Jun. 28, 2018  7:36 PM)ZeoTheDragon Wrote: Am I the only one that really wants Hazard Kerbeus I mean it's a really cool layer that is actually a Cho-Z bey unlike another bey that we won't speak of that was a "god layer"but also I really like ken's character so maybe that's why.So yea those are my thoughts thank you for reading have a nice day

You aren't the only one, as this is probably my favourite layer to date, I love this layer so much and the god ability functions way better than it's predecessors, as well as having better teeth, it's design is beautiful, probably my favourite looking one too. I ordered this set almost immediately as soon as it was on eBay, I just pray I didn't get scammed.
(Jun. 28, 2018  8:00 PM)Jinbee Wrote:
(Jun. 28, 2018  7:36 PM)ZeoTheDragon Wrote: Am I the only one that really wants Hazard Kerbeus I mean it's a really cool layer that is actually a Cho-Z bey unlike another bey that we won't speak of that was a "god layer"but also I really like ken's character so maybe that's why.So yea those are my thoughts thank you for reading have a nice day

You aren't the only one, as this is probably my favourite layer to date, I love this layer so much and the god ability functions way better than it's predecessors, as well as having better teeth, it's design is beautiful, probably my favourite looking one too. I ordered this set almost immediately as soon as it was on eBay, I just pray I didn't get scammed.

I've never agreed with any coment much more than this one
aH shouldn't be too good in the defense department since it has such an OWD. Anyone skilled with attack types should easily be able to knock it out.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cZxhipge90M

Perhaps Heavy Revolve is a horrible choice for hK considering it's width and it's outward force making it easier to tilt down, but hK.H.R vs gK.H.R seems to show how terrible hK is for stamina compared to gK. So the stamina potential doesn't look good for it so far.
(Jul. 04, 2018  6:22 AM)Jinbee Wrote: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cZxhipge90M

Perhaps Heavy Revolve is a horrible choice for hK considering it's width and it's outward force making it easier to tilt down, but hK.H.R vs gK.H.R seems to show how terrible hK is for stamina compared to gK. So the stamina potential doesn't look good for it so far.

so, give it a full on fortnox style loadout? like hK.0C.At?
(Jul. 04, 2018  3:35 PM)team CYAN Wrote:
(Jul. 04, 2018  6:22 AM)Jinbee Wrote: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cZxhipge90M

so, give it a full on fortnox style loadout? like hK.0C.At?

Basically give it something that'll work best for it, something with amazing balance, something to address it's weaknesses, but I'm not sure what that is yet. Once I get it, I'll try 7/0B.At. Someone did have luck with 7G.Br against Hell Salamander though.
seems like a good use of Yard
(Jul. 04, 2018  11:55 PM)ToxicAtom Wrote: seems like a good use of Yard

I wouldn't say so so far, hK looks easy to tilt down, something Yard will scrape easily at, and Yard itself is a low driver, and the top part of hK is a large weakness to it.
Currently we have only Tower, Volcanic and Xtend for tall drivers, and none of then can be used in Defense or Stamina. I hope there could be something like F230TB or 230WD.
(Jul. 05, 2018  6:15 AM)CrazyAries Wrote: Currently we have only Tower, Volcanic and Xtend for tall drivers, and none of then can be used in Defense or Stamina. I hope there could be something like F230TB or 230WD.

operate can be used (except thee fact it would be just 230b)
(Jul. 05, 2018  6:19 AM)Adarsh Abhinav Wrote:
(Jul. 05, 2018  6:15 AM)CrazyAries Wrote: Currently we have only Tower, Volcanic and Xtend for tall drivers, and none of then can be used in Defense or Stamina. I hope there could be something like F230TB or 230WD.

operate can be used (except thee fact it would be just 230b)

Is Operate taller than other drivers? I didn't feel the significant difference in their height.
(Jul. 05, 2018  6:21 AM)CrazyAries Wrote:
(Jul. 05, 2018  6:19 AM)Adarsh Abhinav Wrote: operate can be used (except thee fact it would be just 230b)

Is Operate taller than other drivers? I didn't feel the significant difference in their height.

it's taller, as much as volcanic, if less then too little difference
(Jul. 05, 2018  1:28 PM)marutti Wrote: Gimick is Chain barricade
So the gimmick apart from providing cushion is to deflect the opponent's attack right? Does this cushion lead to any spin steal? I really don't expect it to, but just want to know.
I don't think so, My recommended combo for it though would be 10G Br considering that it is bad at balance kerbeus would have OWD with 10
Random Layer Vol.9 Review:

Hazard Kerbeus
Interesting layer. Aesthetically, think it's gorgeous and matches perfectly with the Atomic performance tip (B-80 02: Exceed Evil-eye Gravity Atomic). For the frame, I paired it with Bump (B-111 05: Sieg Xcalibur 5Bump Atomic). The teeth are below average, sadly, but the shape and gimmick should give it a boost. With the suggested stock combo, it performs fine (not high tier) but I highly recommend trying Kevo combo in the video below, which pairs it with Yielding and 5 Disc:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jeSzB-vErHI

I've found similar success with the pairing, actually. And Yielding included in Random Booster Vol. 11 is a decent match, for those looking for aesthetics.

Galaxy Zeus
I've always been a Galaxy Zeus fan. The layer is gorgeous: clear, marble white, blue accents with a yellow God Chip. It pairs nicely with the glittery transparent Meteor frame (B-118 07: Emperor Forneus 1Meteor Hunter) and the original Planet performance tip. This is just an aesthetic combo, so if you're looking for a competitive combo, I highly recommend looking at Galaxy Zeus' thread. Sadly, this is not a competitive layer. Additionally, the teeth have not improved and are average.

Seig Xcalibur
This thing is soooo nice. While I enjoy my yellow, I love the amount of gold on the layer and it's true, it really does seem like a rare Beyblade layer. The layer perfectly matches the Gold Under frame and Xtend (Premium Set). This, however, is not the ideal competitive combo. The teeth are the same (great)

Deep Chaos
Again, I adore this layer and the re-colour is no different. It goes nicely with a purple Glaive (Satomb S3 2Glaive Loop) and a transparent and glittery Revolve (JPN exclusive 4-pack drivers). You wouldn't think so by the picture, but the stickers on the Beyblade have white/transparent. The teeth are the same (below average) which is disappointing, considering the layer could've used a boost.

Shelter Regulus
Probably my least favourite of the set. I love Shelter Regulus, but the colours are a bit crazy on this layer. The solid blue bottom actually takes away from it (which could've just been teal, white and two types of red). I've paired it with Vortex (E2393 Battle Tower - Strike Vatryek V3 6Vortex Reboot) but you can just use the teal Frame included with the original/Hasbro Shelter Regulus. For the driver, I went with a solid red Yard (Premium Set) because it matches perfectly with the lion heads. The teeth are the same, which is extremely disappointing (well-below average)

Overall, I would say the Random Layer Vol. 9 is a very solid buy for collectors. None of the layers seem to be top tier competitive (Hazard Kerbeus, especially with Kevo's combo, needs a lot more testing) but Sieg Xcalibur is close. Additionally, Hazard Kerbeus is being released in the Triple Pack, so you can always obtain the layer there (although I prefer the colours on this one). I would say must-buys are: Sieg Xcalibur, Hazard Kerbeus and Galaxy Zeus (very uncommon).