[Product]  BB-104 Basalt Horogium 145WD

its past their weight limit so the bey itself is indeed banned,and we are wondering why they made a bey past their weight limit and burn is round to no? but as i said "most of the weight is probably the metal wheel"
The really official picture :
[Image: mfbbasalthorogium.jpg]

As I mentioned in my edited post, there is currently no rule against Basalt Horogium.

This Starter will be available for purchase at the World Hobby Fair Winter 2011, which takes place in Japan around the end of January and at the beginning of February.
well, that logic doesn't work... whats the point of making a banned bey, it may be forbidden and past the weight limit but i doubt they will ban it for this... also burn is nowhere near as round as basalt as it has parts that stick out....
theirs no way an attack type is going to be able to beat this bey...
and i noticed this on the above pic and hell kerbec's pic whats MAXIUM? or whatever it says >.>
so will it be able to buy anywhere after that? and i also can only think of stamina defence combos with those parts, except from perhaps earth eagle and vulcan horuseus...
also maximum is like its the best part, like hell kerbexs BD145 track is the widest spin track, byxis 230 is the tallest, basalt is the heaviest etc...
(Dec. 15, 2010  4:06 PM)Nwolf Wrote: well, that logic doesn't work... whats the point of making a banned bey, it may be forbidden and past the weight limit but i doubt they will ban it for this... also burn is nowhere near as round as basalt as it has parts that stick out....

then they would have to unbanned MF libra
and did i say it was near round as them? no i said it was round to.......
no but i wouldn't class it as round, as round is like a circle, and burn has parts stciking out, sorry if you didn't understand what i meant... also they may be doing that as they have eleased that one in the pack of three, a new improved version...
(Dec. 15, 2010  4:08 PM)Nwolf Wrote: so will it be able to buy anywhere after that? and i also can only think of stamina defence combos with those parts, except from perhaps earth eagle and vulcan horuseus...
After that it will be released everywhere only on its actual release date, in Japan of course. However, before that, it should be available on Yahoo! Japan Auctions for sure.
(Dec. 15, 2010  4:05 PM)Kai-V Wrote: The really official picture :
[Image: mfbbasalthorogium.jpg]

As I mentioned in my edited post, there is currently no rule against Basalt Horogium.

This Starter will be available for purchase at the World Hobby Fair Winter 2011, which takes place in Japan around the end of January and at the beginning of February.

Sick as ^^ I am definately getting this. I love how they incorporated the clock design. gues the MW must either be very tall or oerhang the track. like i said before in regards to the stamina when uedwith RS haha. Quake numeber two anybody?

edit: I will ahve a very good time teisting the face to match the current time ^^

Kai-V can i put the official picture in my sig Uncertain and by the way, on my thread "i do signatures" excellent explanation of hat i do haha. that was off topic but anyways, i can do a professional sigs, cant be bothere i will re open it for a limited time when im on holidaYS^^
(Dec. 15, 2010  4:06 PM)Nwolf Wrote: well, that logic doesn't work... whats the point of making a banned bey, it may be forbidden and past the weight limit but i doubt they will ban it for this... also burn is nowhere near as round as basalt as it has parts that stick out....

so they can make MONIEEES from us.. and this WILL be popular.

and Kai-V thanks for the images.

It looks like they put silver paint coat on there like M.LDrago...
(Dec. 15, 2010  5:27 PM)Night Wrote: I wonder if Earth will be used after this release.

Assuming you meant used by players, not by the manufacturers:
Quite probably, if Basalt is over the weight limit (unless this has changed since I last checked), it won't be used in tourneys. If it's too good, it'll probably be banned by the WBO too, like Libra. And Earth also has uses in stamina blades.
Yes, I meant people. I'm sure Earth will still be used for Stamina.

This Wheel looks really round, though. It doesn't look like it will make much damage.
man if this is so heavy, and hasbro makes beys that are heavier than takara, if hasbro releases this bey...
Libra managed to be offensive with low recoil due to its huge weight. If it's moving fast enough, it'll hit hard enough. I mean, that was largely due to the fact the weight was focused around the edge of the wheel, thus causing a flywheel effect, which provides good smash. Looking at the thickness of the edge of basalt, I'm guessing (though it is mere speculation), that it will be similar. However, maybe, if the weight is focused around the centre, it'll have bad stamina, and thus not be overpowered?

But yeah, looking at that edge, I'm not sure what Takara are doing.

On a simpler note, I love the transparent design <3

Wolfblade, Hasbro's blades are only slightly heavier, .2 of a gram won't make as big a difference when you're already at 47-ish, versus when you're at 37-ish methinks.

Also, what is all this "maximum" stuff? Is that some kind of logo for the new series? I don't know what's "Maximum" about Beafowl, but Pyxis is "maximum height", Kerbex is maximum width, and I suppose basalt is maximum weight, right? Maybe they're trying to push the limits for the sake of it?
(Dec. 15, 2010  6:42 PM)MeteorKing Wrote: Also, what is all this "maximum" stuff? Is that some kind of logo for the new series? I don't know what's "Maximum" about Beafowl, but Pyxis is "maximum height", Kerbex is maximum width, and I suppose basalt is maximum weight, right? Maybe they're trying to push the limits for the sake of it?
Maximum Series is just a name TAKARA-TOMY is giving to some Beyblades that have "extreme" parts that according to them have perfect statistics in some types.
(Dec. 15, 2010  6:42 PM)MeteorKing Wrote: Wolfblade, Hasbro's blades are only slightly heavier, .2 of a gram won't make as big a difference when you're already at 47-ish, versus when you're at 37-ish methinks.

yeah for faces, tracks and tips, but takara flame is 32.5g where hasbros is 36.5g so...<- offtopic
Woah, okay, I wasn't aware the difference was so huge. You definitely have a point, then. Maybe hasbro will control it better given the huge weight.
must be a heavy bey... it looks like a clock i would love to see this blade against meteo l-drago in the anime
I have incredible rage over the fact that the clear wheel doesn't have a 3, and has an improper 4.
Why is there a hole where the 3 would be?

(I still think this blade looks amazing though.)
(Dec. 15, 2010  8:07 PM)Crimson Wrote: I have incredible rage over the fact that the clear wheel doesn't have a 3, and has an improper 4.
Why is there a hole where the 3 would be?

(I still think this blade looks amazing though.)

"The style IV is relative modern form of the roman numeral for 4. IIII was used until 'modern times'"
source: http://wwp.greenwichmeantime.co.uk/info/roman.htm

and maybe the "outer circle" (with the hole in the III) can be twisted like the design of these type of watch (the 12 is usually the ones that's blocked out)
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/co...ariner.jpg

it is a kids toy so i thought its a way to amuse them if they had actually implemented it (plus it'll look cool if it moves in the anime?).. it amused me when i was younger haha...

edit: these things also seem to be unattached to the clear wheel itself.. hopefully i'm not looking to much into it and it turns out meaningless.
http://www.imagebam.com/image/73cdf1111046858
http://www.imagebam.com/image/b4ed73111046860
(Dec. 15, 2010  8:36 PM)JÆMS Wrote: "The style IV is relative modern form of the roman numeral for 4. IIII was used until 'modern times'"
source: http://wwp.greenwichmeantime.co.uk/info/roman.htm

Well I'll be.. I've never seen anything but "IV" used.

And I wonder if those little protrusions are supposed to be like the hands of a clock, seems odd to just have the two of them there for no reason.

This is an interesting wheel to try and figure out.
145WD? Boring. Be more original, Takara.
(Dec. 15, 2010  9:39 PM)Crimson Wrote: Well I'll be.. I've never seen anything but "IV" used.

And I wonder if those little protrusions are supposed to be like the hands of a clock, seems odd to just have the two of them there for no reason.

google image the word "clock" in and you'll find that there's a couple of images using "IIII" and if you use "roman clock" then you'll see lots of those numerals.

that seems feasible actually, i just looked at it again and one "hand" is bigger than the other (inbetween the "XII/I"); so as you said it could very well be the hands of a clock.