[Product]  B-144 Booster Zwei Longinus.Dr.Sp′ 滅

I hate the idea of Gold Layers, though. Sometimes they work, but for the most part, having the same stickers (which often clashes), discs and drivers makes for an ugly combination. I have no incentive to hunt these down outside of them being rare.

Would've preferred they were released similarly to Gold Cho-Z Achilles or Spriggan (all matching).
(Jul. 04, 2019  7:31 PM)KinkoUsagi Wrote: I hate the idea of Gold Layers, though. Sometimes they work, but for the most part, having the same stickers (which often clashes), discs and drivers makes for an ugly combination. I have no incentive to hunt these down outside of them being rare.

Would've preferred they were released similarly to Gold Cho-Z Achilles or Spriggan (all matching).

It's basically just the Layer that you are trying to obtain with those lucky 1/72 pull chances, same with the Black Sr/czA/rP. Maybe they are investing too much on the "Gold Turbo" = "GT" = Gachi relation, that all GT Beyblades have capability of unlocking Gold Turbo mode?
I didn't make it to finals at a recent tournament, so I might as well let the cat out of the bag with this one so other people can refine it and enjoy it. I was going to save it as a surprise for deck format.

Zwei and Longinus are a good combo, Longinus being the Valkyrie of left spin. But Zwei is actually a decent layer to put on a stamina attack tip like Atomic. In my testing, I was able to win most of the time with Zwei on Atomic against both Hell Salamander and Balkesh B3.

But Longinus is a bad fit for atomic! Repeated hits and lack of a dash spring are just going to knock it loose.

But Zwei Bahamut or Zwei Fafnir? Now we're talking.
I've managed to take out hS.7G.Xt+ and B3.Outer.Br with zB.Dr.At. Zeeby Drat! Lots of stamina, lots of attack, and the ability to deliver mean successive hits.

I'm not the only one who came up with something like this. I saw someone else using Zwei Bahamut at a tournament today. It's happening.
(Jul. 08, 2019  5:09 AM)DeceasedCrab Wrote: I didn't make it to finals at a recent tournament, so I might as well let the cat out of the bag with this one so other people can refine it and enjoy it. I was going to save it as a surprise for deck format.

Zwei and Longinus are a good combo, Longinus being the Valkyrie of left spin. But Zwei is actually a decent layer to put on a stamina attack tip like Atomic. In my testing, I was able to win most of the time with Zwei on Atomic against both Hell Salamander and Balkesh B3.

But Longinus is a bad fit for atomic! Repeated hits and lack of a dash spring are just going to knock it loose.

I've managed to take out hS.7G.Xt+ and B3.Outer.Br with zB.Dr.At. Zeeby Drat! Lots of stamina, lots of attack, and the ability to deliver mean successive hits.

I'm not the only one who came up with something like this. I saw someone else using Zwei Bahamut at a tournament today. It's happening.

The new meta :zB/zF Dr At!
(Jul. 08, 2019  5:09 AM)DeceasedCrab Wrote: I didn't make it to finals at a recent tournament, so I might as well let the cat out of the bag with this one... ~shortened quote~
That is great to hear! I was planning to try out Zwei Fafnir Atomic as soon as my shipment arrives, and hearing this tidbit from you gives me more optimism.

Edit: Oof I just realized I sold my wF layer to a friend
(Jul. 08, 2019  5:09 AM)DeceasedCrab Wrote: I didn't make it to finals at a recent tournament, so I might as well let the cat out of the bag with this one so other people can refine it and enjoy it. I was going to save it as a surprise for deck format.

That is some spicy combo you got there. Will have to try that out soon when my ZL comes in the mail. Are you still using Metsu with Zwei or a different one?
Metsu works real well with it. No sense in trying to mess with a good thing. Metsu doesn't fit well with Judgement, I checked.
(Jul. 09, 2019  12:12 AM)DeceasedCrab Wrote: Metsu works real well with it. No sense in trying to mess with a good thing. Metsu doesn't fit well with Judgement, I checked.

Hmm, Metsu might be just like 1 and 1' where it only works with a specific Layer due to the design. Does Ten make a huge difference with anything compared to Metsu's performance on Zwei?
Is Spriggan Requiem capable of winning against Zwei Longinus?
(Jul. 09, 2019  3:06 PM)DynamisSK Wrote: Is Spriggan Requiem capable of  winning against Zwei Longinus?

In right-spin mode it’s pretty likely.
(Jul. 09, 2019  4:20 PM)CitrusNinja3 Wrote:
(Jul. 09, 2019  3:06 PM)DynamisSK Wrote: Is Spriggan Requiem capable of  winning against Zwei Longinus?

In right-spin mode it’s pretty likely.

And is it worth buying to counter Zwei Longinus?
(Jul. 09, 2019  5:58 PM)DynamisSK Wrote:
(Jul. 09, 2019  4:20 PM)CitrusNinja3 Wrote: In right-spin mode it’s pretty likely.

Sr has been in the meta for quite some time and still has viable use against most Chouzetsu and GT Beys. Becaus of the Dual-Spin gimmick, Sr is able to take on different Beys. Japan WBBA rules seem to allow for mode change after every round (unlike WBO rules), so if you'd be under WBO rules, it'll be a huge stroke of luck for you if your Sr was already in right spin prior to the match when a ZL shows up in your opponent's Deck. Sr is good vs most Beyblades, but may have some difficulties with mobile attackers, especially on same spin (if you are using 0/00W/L/Rt.Br)

Just to get back on topic, I wonder if Zwei will also have synergy with Diaboros/Diabolos Chip, along with probably Ds'/Qc'/Jl'?
(Jul. 09, 2019  5:58 PM)DynamisSK Wrote:
(Jul. 09, 2019  4:20 PM)CitrusNinja3 Wrote: In right-spin mode it’s pretty likely.

Something like Perfect Phoenix, Archer Hercules, or Orb Egis would probably work better to counter ZL
(Jul. 10, 2019  10:10 AM)CitrusNinja3 Wrote:
(Jul. 09, 2019  5:58 PM)DynamisSK Wrote: And is it worth buying to counter Zwei Longinus?

Something like Perfect Phoenix, Archer Hercules, or Orb Egis would probably work better to counter ZL

Basically most good defense types will beat it
Yeah, based on my (amateurish) testing, Zwei Longinus still has trouble against heavy right spin defense types.

It has a decent chance of getting a critical hit and send the opponent flying, but sometimes it does not immediately KO them. Once you get to slower speeds zL already has its fate sealed.

It has amazing attack power, but being left spin decreases its potential against the right spin tanks IMO. Against left spin, it murders Hell Salamander Bearing, often bursting it, but so far hS Atomic can survive and outspin Zwei consistently.

I need to find a better combo fo Zwei, I guess
I've had far more success with Zwei Fafnir (the Base actually reveals the teeth of the Chip better) on Hold compared to Atomic or Destroy, still with Drake Disk and Metsu Weight.

Edit: I did back-read on the thread for that ZD/F.Dr.At Metsu suggestion and I noticed it was being used primarily on same spin match-ups, which is probably why mine always loses to my meta right spin combos. Hold here seems to provide more attack and LAD just like it was with L2 and Heavy during the Dual Layer season, and has shown far more success through mostly KOs (for opposite spin) and Bursts (same spin). If I had the Hold' it may heighten both raw power and lowered Burst Risk potential even on Fafnir/Bahamut Chips. I put Longinus on Dread so I won't necessarily need Gen for it to avoid excessive Bursting.
Thank you for all the information everyone is posting, the release seems like a good pickup.
Did anyone buy multiple copies of this Booster? If so, any noted weight differences on the parts?
(Jul. 25, 2019  12:11 AM)Rouzuke Wrote: Did anyone buy multiple copies of this Booster? If so, any noted weight differences on the parts?

I got 2 packs. Both of my Zwei bases (16g), Longinus chips, and Metsu weights (8g) has the exact same weight. 

My 2 Drake discs had almost a whole gram of difference though (26.44g and 25.66g)
(May. 12, 2019  11:23 AM)Garvin prime Wrote:
(May. 12, 2019  10:42 AM)renidage Wrote: B-144 ツヴァイロンギヌス .Dr.Sp′ 滅 
Zwei Longinus .Dr.Sp′ 滅

GT Chip: Longinus(L)
Weight: Metsu(滅)
Base: Zwei(Z)
Disk: Dr
Driver: Sp'

Fact: In German, Zwei means 2.
滅(Metsu) means Ruin.

metsu means destruction but ruin is not too far off. i think Sp' is spiral' and if so i am seriously disappointed in TT. i'd rather have had jolt', or just a totally new driver. 
interesting Info, thanks for sharing
(Jul. 25, 2019  2:17 AM)eigerblade Wrote:
(Jul. 25, 2019  12:11 AM)Rouzuke Wrote: Did anyone buy multiple copies of this Booster? If so, any noted weight differences on the parts?

I got 2 packs. Both of my Zwei bases (16g), Longinus chips, and Metsu weights (8g) has the exact same weight. 

My 2 Drake discs had almost a whole gram of difference though (26.44g and 25.66g)

I see. Any notable difference in balance though, like is the wobble movement similar, or even the teeth strength the same?
I didn't balance tune my Zwei parts yet, so I can't help you much there, sorry. I'm quite sure there's no noticable difference in the teeth strength at least. If there's any difference in balance, I'm 90% sure it would come from the Drake disks
(Jul. 28, 2019  5:54 AM)eigerblade Wrote: I didn't balance tune my Zwei parts yet, so I can't help you much there, sorry. I'm quite sure there's no noticable difference in the teeth strength at least. If there's any difference in balance, I'm 90% sure it would come from the Drake disks

Gotcha, thanks for the input tho. I'm seeing less and less of Drake on winning combos so far, so I'm not really sure yet as to what parts it'll have synergy with aside from Zwei
(Jul. 28, 2019  10:24 AM)Rouzuke Wrote:
(Jul. 28, 2019  5:54 AM)eigerblade Wrote: I didn't balance tune my Zwei parts yet, so I can't help you much there, sorry. I'm quite sure there's no noticable difference in the teeth strength at least. If there's any difference in balance, I'm 90% sure it would come from the Drake disks

Gotcha, thanks for the input tho. I'm seeing less and less of Drake on winning combos so far, so I'm not really sure yet as to what parts it'll have synergy with aside from Zwei

Honestly I consider Drake a bit too much of a hazard given how prone it is to scraping, synergy or not. Sometimes it's better to stick with what you know works.