[Product]  B-144 Booster Zwei Longinus.Dr.Sp′ 滅

(Jun. 22, 2019  2:44 AM)Zeutron Wrote:
(Jun. 22, 2019  2:25 AM)AirKingNeo Wrote: It's an attack disk. It doesn't care about bursting. Dash drivers exist now.
The only dash drivers currently competitive for attack are rubber drivers which are only slightly better than normal locks since rubber drivers decrease burst resistance.

What does that have to do with Drake, an offensive disk, being underweight? An attack type still isn't going to burst.

Plus Longinus is left spin. Unless it's Longinus vs Longinus, Longinus shouldn't ever burst.
(Jun. 22, 2019  5:12 PM)AirKingNeo Wrote:
(Jun. 22, 2019  2:44 AM)Zeutron Wrote: The only dash drivers currently competitive for attack are rubber drivers which are only slightly better than normal locks since rubber drivers decrease burst resistance.

What does that have to do with Drake, an offensive disk, being underweight? An attack type still isn't going to burst.

Plus Longinus is left spin. Unless it's Longinus vs Longinus, Longinus shouldn't ever burst.

Hitting the wall at high speed should make it burst too..
But if you are using the drake disk (weighs like a half gram less than the layer, and thereby has less inertia than the layer; so the burst resistance is very good) and a dash driver, I don't think you should worry too much about self bursts.
(Jun. 22, 2019  5:39 PM)mikedrewsmy Wrote:
(Jun. 22, 2019  5:12 PM)AirKingNeo Wrote: What does that have to do with Drake, an offensive disk, being underweight? An attack type still isn't going to burst.

Hitting the wall at high speed should make it burst too..

Learn to launch better then. Like unless it is attacks vs attack and something stupid happens where you hit a wall, you still won't burst.

(Jun. 22, 2019  5:58 PM)Ash_Ketchum_007 Wrote: But if you are using the drake disk (weighs like a half gram less than the layer, and thereby has less inertia than the layer; so the burst resistance is very good) and a dash driver, I don't think you should worry too much about self bursts.

You don't have to worry about self bursts if you used Blitz and a Dash driver because Dash drivers just stop bursting.

Also, I don't see how having a lighter disk would increase burst resistance. You would want more weight for more inertia to stop bursting.
(Jun. 22, 2019  9:50 PM)AirKingNeo Wrote:
(Jun. 22, 2019  5:39 PM)mikedrewsmy Wrote: Hitting the wall at high speed should make it burst too..

Learn to launch better then. Like unless it is attacks vs attack and something stupid happens where you hit a wall, you still won't burst.

(Jun. 22, 2019  5:58 PM)Ash_Ketchum_007 Wrote: But if you are using the drake disk (weighs like a half gram less than the layer, and thereby has less inertia than the layer; so the burst resistance is very good) and a dash driver, I don't think you should worry too much about self bursts.

You don't have to worry about self bursts if you used Blitz and a Dash driver because Dash drivers just stop bursting.

Also, I don't see how having a lighter disk would increase burst resistance. You would want more weight for more inertia to stop bursting.

About what you said about disk weight, it's really hard to explain without a visual to explain it with, AngryFace had a good GIF, but I don't know where to find it. In short though, if a disk is heavier than the layer is placed on by too much, the burst risk will be substantially increased. Try to visualize this, when two beys clash they both momentarily slow down greatly. If the disk is heavier than the layer, the clash will stop the layer first, but the inertia will keep the disk rotating for a few portions of a second longer, during this time, the disk will keep rotating, skipping teeth and getting closer to the bursting point. This effect is greatly mitigated if the disk is lighter than the layer, as is will slow before the layer does.
(Jun. 22, 2019  10:28 PM)SprigganNemesis Wrote:
(Jun. 22, 2019  9:50 PM)AirKingNeo Wrote: Learn to launch better then. Like unless it is attacks vs attack and something stupid happens where you hit a wall, you still won't burst.

About what you said about disk weight, it's really hard to explain without a visual to explain it with, AngryFace had a good GIF, but I don't know where to find it. In short though, if a disk is heavier than the layer is placed on by too much, the burst risk will be substantially increased. Try to visualize this, when two beys clash they both momentarily slow down greatly. If the disk is heavier than the layer, the clash will stop the layer first, but the inertia will keep the disk rotating for a few portions of a second longer, during this time, the disk will keep rotating, skipping teeth and getting closer to the bursting point. This effect is greatly mitigated if the disk is lighter than the layer, as is will slow before the layer does.

The anime does show how the Disks are moving whenever the Beyblade hits the stadium wall/floor (like Xcalibur and other Beys that require it to have some teeth skipped to activate a gimmick) and may be treated as a visual. The most recent episode of GT where Zwei activated its gimmick is a nice visual of the Disks moving whenever the Layer gets a heavy hit.

Just to simplify things, this is what we agree upon:

If Layer is heavier than the Disk (with Frame if any), then Burst resistance is stronger and will continue to rise incrementally with the weight difference; if the Layer is lighter than the Disk (with frame, if any), then the Burst resistance is weaker and will continue to fall incrementally with the weight difference. 

This is complicated by introducing launch styles and angles of the Beys upon impact, as well as the spin directions involved and how fast each were spinning prior to impact. 

Long story short, Zwei Longinus' stock combo might be the best left spin attacker in the Burst era right now due to its gimmick heightening its attack potential (think Xcalibur but with two major contact points lining up instead of just one), and with the Dash Driver minimizing the self-Burst risk (when launched correctly) and probably can even spin equalize like its predecessors (albeit not as good as Fafnir line) vs major opposite spin combos to boot. I'm not hyping ZL up, but based on the performance videos of some Beytubers, it may look like it is shaping up to dominate attack types by sheer weight and shape alone.
Also, combos using dash drivers do burst sometimes. You can't go all in or something on an attack combo's weight and only to find yourself self bursting.
(Jun. 23, 2019  7:09 AM)Ash_Ketchum_007 Wrote: Also, combos using dash drivers do burst sometimes. You can't go all in or something on an attack combo's weight and only to find yourself self bursting.

This is still incredibly infrequent. It's more likely going to be worth the extra power to net an extra KO or burst victory every now and then so long as the burst risk isn't too high.
So as we could see in unboxings of zL , Longinus GT Chip has same teeth as sV so we can actually make Wizard Longinus Ratchet Rise with both really good teeth and spin stealing ability
(Jun. 23, 2019  7:06 PM)DynamisSK Wrote: So as we could see in unboxings of zL , Longinus GT Chip has same teeth as sV so we can actually make Wizard Longinus Ratchet Rise with both really good teeth and spin stealing ability

Provided that the teeth of Longinus reaches the Driver teeth unlike Bahamut and Fafnir's (which is the main cause of left spin GT Beys having weak Burst resistance against same spin), that may be viable. Otherwise, the possible reason Longinus can keep up with smash attacks is because of the resistance given by its Spiral' in stock combo
(Jun. 23, 2019  10:25 PM)Rouzuke Wrote:
(Jun. 23, 2019  7:06 PM)DynamisSK Wrote: So as we could see in unboxings of zL , Longinus GT Chip has same teeth as sV so we can actually make Wizard Longinus Ratchet Rise with both really good teeth and spin stealing ability

Provided that the teeth of Longinus reaches the Driver teeth unlike Bahamut and Fafnir's (which is the main cause of left spin GT Beys having weak Burst resistance against same spin), that may be viable. Otherwise, the possible reason Longinus can keep up with smash attacks is because of the resistance given by its Spiral' in stock combo

Yeah true and the Drake disc is actualy pretty good its not really heavy but I think thats good otherwise it would loose spin and didnt had enough speed to make big smash attacks.Combined with great teeth and dash drive thats a lot of damage

Should I buy Zwei Longinus?As I said before I want to win against Perfect Phoenix combo with Zwei Longinus stock combo.When I'm looking at other releases we just know about one and thats Diabolos which has great layer gimmick,but bad driver gimmick like seriously the driver is literally gonna break after 5 matches or few matches against attack types.With that being said should I buy it or wait and hope for something even better? (If youre interested I like both attack and balance types especially the rush launch with Winning Valkyrie,which is one of my favorites Burst releases ever)
(Jun. 23, 2019  11:33 PM)DynamisSK Wrote:
(Jun. 23, 2019  10:25 PM)Rouzuke Wrote: Provided that the teeth of Longinus reaches the Driver teeth unlike Bahamut and Fafnir's (which is the main cause of left spin GT Beys having weak Burst resistance against same spin), that may be viable. Otherwise, the possible reason Longinus can keep up with smash attacks is because of the resistance given by its Spiral' in stock combo

Yeah true and the Drake disc is actualy pretty good its not really heavy but I think thats good otherwise it would loose spin and didnt had enough speed to make big smash attacks.Combined with great teeth and dash drive thats a lot of damage

Should I buy Zwei Longinus?As I said before I want to win against Perfect Phoenix combo with Zwei Longinus stock combo.When I'm looking at other releases we just know about one and thats Diabolos which has great layer gimmick,but bad driver gimmick like seriously the driver is literally gonna break after 5 matches or few matches against attack types.With that being said should I buy it or wait  and hope for something even better? (If youre interested I like both attack and balance types especially the rush launch with Winning Valkyrie,which is one of my favorites Burst releases ever)

The Judgement Layer base is super good to destroy any and all pP combos but as for zL, it seems to be the best Longinus evolution with everything all considered. You can make some pretty good attack combos with Longinus or use Bahamut and put on a Prime(Dash Driver) that will make it tight. It seems like a bey that really is worth it.
(Jun. 24, 2019  8:02 PM)originalzankye Wrote:
(Jun. 23, 2019  11:33 PM)DynamisSK Wrote: Yeah true and the Drake disc is actualy pretty good its not really heavy but I think thats good otherwise it would loose spin and didnt had enough speed to make big smash attacks.Combined with great teeth and dash drive thats a lot of damage

Should I buy Zwei Longinus?As I said before I want to win against Perfect Phoenix combo with Zwei Longinus stock combo.When I'm looking at other releases we just know about one and thats Diabolos which has great layer gimmick,but bad driver gimmick like seriously the driver is literally gonna break after 5 matches or few matches against attack types.With that being said should I buy it or wait  and hope for something even better? (If youre interested I like both attack and balance types especially the rush launch with Winning Valkyrie,which is one of my favorites Burst releases ever)

The Judgement Layer base is super good to destroy any and all pP combos but as for zL, it seems to be the best Longinus evolution with everything all considered. You can make some pretty good attack combos with Longinus or use Bahamut and put on a Prime(Dash Driver) that will make it tight. It seems like a bey that really is worth it.

Update since I did my review on it, zL is really an amazing GT Beyblade! It has an extremely powerful attack and doing some stock battles it managed to stop the Cho-Z Awakening Beys(Achilles/Valkyrie) and in one or two instances there was a burst. Overall super solid release and I really do think that Left GT Beyblades have a good attack layer base that can be used for really aggressive attack combos.
(Jun. 25, 2019  1:22 AM)originalzankye Wrote:
(Jun. 24, 2019  8:02 PM)originalzankye Wrote: The Judgement Layer base is super good to destroy any and all pP combos but as for zL, it seems to be the best Longinus evolution with everything all considered. You can make some pretty good attack combos with Longinus or use Bahamut and put on a Prime(Dash Driver) that will make it tight. It seems like a bey that really is worth it.

Update since I did my review on it, zL is really an amazing GT Beyblade! It has an extremely powerful attack and doing some stock battles it managed to stop the Cho-Z Awakening Beys(Achilles/Valkyrie) and in one or two instances there was a burst. Overall super solid release and I really do think that Left GT Beyblades have a good attack layer base that can be used for really aggressive attack combos.

Have you tried the zL chip on wF and dB? If you have, did you see an improvement in burst resistance?
(Jun. 25, 2019  1:33 AM)Crumok Wrote:
(Jun. 25, 2019  1:22 AM)originalzankye Wrote: Update since I did my review on it, zL is really an amazing GT Beyblade! It has an extremely powerful attack and doing some stock battles it managed to stop the Cho-Z Awakening Beys(Achilles/Valkyrie) and in one or two instances there was a burst. Overall super solid release and I really do think that Left GT Beyblades have a good attack layer base that can be used for really aggressive attack combos.

Have you tried the zL chip on wF and dB? If you have, did you see an improvement in burst resistance?

Bahamut wasn't that good I actually thought with all the extra teeth on a Dash driver it wouldn't be that bad but clicks go by really quickly in battle. Fafnir seems to be pretty decent on Zwei using the stock combo together, felt the tightest out of the 3 and in battle did good. Also for all 3 a Gen weight is for sure recommended since Zwei is a heavy layer base using a Gen weight to have that burst stopper will be very useful in battle.
(Jun. 25, 2019  2:05 AM)originalzankye Wrote:
(Jun. 25, 2019  1:33 AM)Crumok Wrote: Have you tried the zL chip on wF and dB? If you have, did you see an improvement in burst resistance?

Bahamut wasn't that good I actually thought with all the extra teeth on a Dash driver it wouldn't be that bad but clicks go by really quickly in battle. Fafnir seems to be pretty decent on Zwei using the stock combo together, felt the tightest out of the 3 and in battle did good. Also for all 3 a Gen weight is for sure recommended since Zwei is a heavy layer base using a Gen weight to have that burst stopper will be very useful in battle.
It's just much more affordable getting zL than a Gen weight. Hopefully in time the price will drop because I'm very interested in trying it out. Good to hear Zwei helps though. Thanks for the input!
From what I can gather in the current flow of the thread, ZL might be worth getting after all. Quite excited to see for myself if Longinus can really improve Wizard and Dread Bases, and if Fafnir and Bahamut can do better with Zwei Base; unfortunately I'll have to painfully wait by Diaboros/Diabolos release til my trusted seller ships both ZL and V/ED to me for testing.
I really want the golden one
How do you obtain the gold one?
(Jul. 03, 2019  11:41 PM)Izhkoort Wrote: How do you obtain the gold one?

It’s a 1/72 chance of it in each Booster.
(Jul. 03, 2019  11:42 PM)CheetoBlader Wrote:
(Jul. 03, 2019  11:41 PM)Izhkoort Wrote: How do you obtain the gold one?

It’s a 1/72 chance of it in each Booster.

ONORE TAKARA TOMYYYYYY 

Not really surprised with that. Gold recolors every-freakin-where, probably because they endorse it in the anime as "Gold Turbo" = "GT", so it is only natural that they produce more gold recolors of the same Beys probably at the expense of having weaker teeth/springs/etc