[Product]  B-134 Booster Slash Valkyrie.Bl.Pw 烈

(Apr. 09, 2019  9:25 PM)FIREFIRE CPB Wrote:
(Apr. 09, 2019  3:15 AM)AirKingNeo Wrote: Meteor and Vortex are long outclassed (Vortex has been outclassed for a really really long time). You're better off with Bump, Cross, or Angle. Of course, in a deck you would use save Cross for your stamina/defense beys, but it's still an option.

Vortex is outweighed by Bump, Cross, and Angle. Meteor is outweighed by Bump for sure (unsure on the others), but overall outclassed by Cross and Angle.
Bump doesn't offer the same control as you would get with 7M. Meteor is heavier than Cross. There isn't any benefit at using it over Meteor. Except when you want your combo to tilt more while moving (for layers which have better contact points on upper or lower part. Or drivers which needs to bank deeper to be more controllable. Like Dm)

I might work for 3 sided layer without increasing too much weight (to increase burst resistance)

Bump, Turn and Lift, all hits much harder. But sometimes getting clean hit is important too. Also, how much angle weights? clean hit is important too. Also, how much angle weights?

(Apr. 09, 2019  2:38 PM)Garvin prime Wrote: sure it will. you might wanna go with slash valkyrie zan 00 cross destroy'.(the blue one, right?that has been the usual)
except for the fact that for any and all smash attackers, stamina or LAD doesn't mean carp. you ought to use extreme', jolt', hunter' but then why are you using cross instead of bump or something heavier. 
i think it has been fairly well established that as a part slash is for use in KO attack only, so you just wanna add all the weight that you can without removing the raw stamina. LAD is out the window for this bey.

In such a case. Proof would be better. 

Yes, for such a recoily layer, hard hitting layer. It's best to go all attack.

But for some bladers. Ds' can be easier to control and bladers have to worry less about mislaunches.

Bump gives just as much control as Meteor. The benefits of Cross and Bump over Meteor is that they have more LAD than Meteor. Meteor is just straight up outclassed, which is why we don't use Meteor used in the top winning combos at events.

Lift is probably the best offensive frame because it weighs the most. I forgot to mention it. Turn is also an option.

Angle is a little over 4 grams. It's been used in a winning top. I asked the guy about it, and he said it was a good frame.

SV.00C.Ds'(Zan) seems good for a combo that uses Destroy, but you probably want a rubber driver on SV. SV.00L.X' is probably the best combo right now, unless Blitz or Sting are better disk options.
(Apr. 09, 2019  9:52 PM)AirKingNeo Wrote:
(Apr. 09, 2019  9:25 PM)FIREFIRE CPB Wrote: Bump doesn't offer the same control as you would get with 7M. Meteor is heavier than Cross. There isn't any benefit at using it over Meteor. Except when you want your combo to tilt more while moving (for layers which have better contact points on upper or lower part. Or drivers which needs to bank deeper to be more controllable. Like Dm)

I might work for 3 sided layer without increasing too much weight (to increase burst resistance)

Bump, Turn and Lift, all hits much harder. But sometimes getting clean hit is important too. Also, how much angle weights? clean hit is important too. Also, how much angle weights?

But for some bladers. Ds' can be easier to control and bladers have to worry less about mislaunches.

Bump gives just as much control as Meteor. The benefits of Cross and Bump over Meteor is that they have more LAD than Meteor. Meteor is just straight up outclassed, which is why we don't use Meteor used in the top winning combos at events.

Lift is probably the best offensive frame because it weighs the most. I forgot to mention it. Turn is also an option.

Angle is a little over 4 grams. It's been used in a winning top. I asked the guy about it, and he said it was a good frame.

SV.00C.Ds'(Zan) seems good for a combo that uses Destroy, but you probably want a rubber driver on SV. SV.00L.X' is probably the best combo right now, unless Blitz or Sting are better disk options.
 lift causes scraping is that not a bad thing?
(Apr. 09, 2019  11:45 PM)Hussainthetank Wrote:
(Apr. 09, 2019  9:52 PM)AirKingNeo Wrote: Bump gives just as much control as Meteor. The benefits of Cross and Bump over Meteor is that they have more LAD than Meteor. Meteor is just straight up outclassed, which is why we don't use Meteor used in the top winning combos at events.

lift causes scraping is that not a bad thing?
Not on rubber drivers since they grip the stadium hard and it will only scrape when the bey runs out of stamina.
(Apr. 09, 2019  9:52 PM)AirKingNeo Wrote:
(Apr. 09, 2019  9:25 PM)FIREFIRE CPB Wrote: Bump doesn't offer the same control as you would get with 7M. Meteor is heavier than Cross. There isn't any benefit at using it over Meteor. Except when you want your combo to tilt more while moving (for layers which have better contact points on upper or lower part. Or drivers which needs to bank deeper to be more controllable. Like Dm)

By control. I meant Meteor retains flower pattern better and is easier to aim with. Try it once. Sometimes even going without frame can be a option. 

From this video, Angle seems to be 2.3g. Also Turn is 3.6 while Lift 3.5 (from Beyblade Wiki)
(Apr. 10, 2019  12:23 AM)Zeutron Wrote:
(Apr. 09, 2019  11:45 PM)Hussainthetank Wrote:  lift causes scraping is that not a bad thing?
Not on rubber drivers since they grip the stadium hard and it will only scrape when the bey runs out of stamina.

I find it way too easy to scrape at the beginning with it, especially on a standard height driver like Xtreme. It's very restrictive to your launch angle, and I usually bank more than Lift allows me to. It's a similar issue with Turn, which is a bit thick and similarly restrictive. It's why Bump is the go-to choice, although meteor makes a decent backup if you don't have Bump available.
i dont know why i have a slight suspicion that TT made slash valkyrie burst very easily on purpose just so they can make way for a new product you have to get. I feel like they are hinting a new valkyrie gatinko chip or a whole new bey
(Apr. 11, 2019  12:45 AM)Hussainthetank Wrote: i dont know why i have a slight suspicion that TT made slash valkyrie burst very easily on purpose just so they can make way for a new product you have to get. I feel like they are hinting a new valkyrie gatinko chip or a whole new bey

They are trying to balance the metagame by making bursts more frequent. Valkrie’s gt chip isn’t that bad, from what I’ve seen it’s a combination of power having a slightly weak spring and blitz being ridiculously heavy.
(Apr. 11, 2019  12:49 AM)Ntruder19 Wrote:
(Apr. 11, 2019  12:45 AM)Hussainthetank Wrote: i dont know why i have a slight suspicion that TT made slash valkyrie burst very easily on purpose just so they can make way for a new product you have to get. I feel like they are hinting a new valkyrie gatinko chip or a whole new bey

They are trying to balance the metagame by making bursts more frequent. Valkrie’s gt chip isn’t that bad, from what I’ve seen it’s a combination of power having a slightly weak spring and blitz being ridiculously heavy.

Power's spring is not weak, though. It super tight.
(Apr. 11, 2019  12:49 AM)Ntruder19 Wrote:

It can be understandable for stamina types (defence. Umm. It's purpose is to beat attacker. We need something to counter them right) but why make a attack layer easy to burst?  Shouldn't that will again give an edge to stamina/defence again? Or rather even encourage use of older parts instead. Which not just will hinder sales of TT. But also make it harder to get competitive stamina/defence parts.

Also. Power seems to have spring similar to a Dash driver. To varify I tried SV on A'. It was still bursting (My X' is lost btw. So I used that)
(Apr. 11, 2019  4:45 AM)FIREFIRE CPB Wrote:
(Apr. 11, 2019  12:49 AM)Ntruder19 Wrote: They are trying to balance the metagame by making bursts more frequent. Valkrie’s gt chip isn’t that bad, from what I’ve seen it’s a combination of power having a slightly weak spring and blitz being ridiculously heavy.
It can be understandable for stamina types (defence. Umm. It's purpose is to beat attacker. We need something to counter them right) but why make a attack layer easy to burst?  Shouldn't that will again give an edge to stamina/defence again? Or rather even encourage use of older parts instead. Which not just will hinder sales of TT. But also make it harder to get competitive stamina/defence parts.

Also. Power seems to have spring similar to a Dash driver. To varify I tried SV on A'. It was still bursting (My X' is lost btw. So I used that)

It might be because TT doesn't give a carp about how Bladers think and will just release stuff the way they want. And by using older parts which are either too rarely on sale, it actually boosts their marketability and sales since you're more inclined to buy the time-tested parts instead of the seemingly trash new ones.

We only have 3 Chips to rotate with, so I think it is quite too early to call Slash Valkyrie Layer as bad. A similar thing was said for some other stock combos like Chouzetsu Spriggan and Orb Egis (to name some), but the right combos can bring out the fullest potential of the part
(Apr. 11, 2019  5:14 AM)Rouzuke Wrote:
(Apr. 11, 2019  4:45 AM)FIREFIRE CPB Wrote: It can be understandable for stamina types (defence. Umm. It's purpose is to beat attacker. We need something to counter them right) but why make a attack layer easy to burst?  Shouldn't that will again give an edge to stamina/defence again? Or rather even encourage use of older parts instead. Which not just will hinder sales of TT. But also make it harder to get competitive stamina/defence parts.

It might be because TT doesn't give a carp about how Bladers think and will just release stuff the way they want. And by using older parts which are either too rarely on sale, it actually boosts their marketability and sales since you're more inclined to buy the time-tested parts instead of the seemingly trash new ones.

We only have 3 Chips to rotate with, so I think it is quite too early to call Slash Valkyrie Layer as bad. A similar thing was said for some other stock combos like Chouzetsu Spriggan and Orb Egis (to name some), but the right combos can bring out the fullest potential of the part
That first paragraph pretty much sums the whole thing up.
(Jan. 02, 2019  5:51 PM)MagikHorse Wrote: As I said elsewhere, I'm too skeptical of the whole "New Valkyrie/Achilles" thing. We just got Cho-Z Valkyrie and Cho-Z Achilles. I don't think they're gonna replace them this soon, even if they're major characters.

Of course, they do. Well, the GT version has a new bey system so Valkyrie needs its own GT version.
(Apr. 11, 2019  11:18 AM)Hackzgeekz17 Wrote:
(Jan. 02, 2019  5:51 PM)MagikHorse Wrote: As I said elsewhere, I'm too skeptical of the whole "New Valkyrie/Achilles" thing. We just got Cho-Z Valkyrie and Cho-Z Achilles. I don't think they're gonna replace them this soon, even if they're major characters.

Of course, they do. Well, the GT version has a new bey system so Valkyrie needs its own GT version.

Of course we know this a little over 4 months later. Didn't make it believable at that time.

Not really sure why you're dinging me on something from that long ago when there was so much less information.
Valkyrie evolution would probably come up after Valt gets his bum handed to him by his apprentices, which I don't think would be the case right now. Has anyone noticed that the Layer has vents on it? Looks cool and might have some nice effect to its spin velocity when launched correctly
So uh, R4.11.Wd-S reliably burst stock SV, so uh, this ain't it cheif
(Apr. 15, 2019  2:29 AM)K1D Wrote: So uh, R4.11.Wd-S reliably burst stock SV, so uh, this ain't it cheif

This is something I've said for ages, but I'll repeat it here again: Stock combo performances don't mean diddly squat. TT's Hell Salamander is a prime example of this, since the layer is well renowned as a strong meta-worthy option for Defense and Stamina, and yet it fails so spectacularly on 12 and Operate that it's one of the worst Cho-Z stock combinations out there. Same thing applies with Winning Valkyrie, dragged down by 12 and Volcanic and a strong Attack layer for quite a lot of the Cho-Z game. You cannot judge all the parts properly by the performance of a stock combo, as any single part could drag it down and make it underperform, and multiple bad parts can make it seriously fall short of its potential.

We already know that the stock form of Slash Valkyrie has significant bursting issues, but that's no evidence that it's parts are bad individually. Testing for Slash Valkyrie in particular shows it has use in pure KO attackers on Xtreme', where it has an advantage against Archer Hercules and from what I've heard can easily KO Hell Salamander as well, two meta staples that are put in check by it. Blitz is useful on basically any Attack type whatsoever due to its hefty weight. Only Power and Retsu haven't seen some sort of use so far (as Power is useless aggressively and Retsu is a source of the bursting issue itself through its unbalanced weight).

tl;dr Although underwhelming in stock it's proven itself to be viable in custom combos already against meta-worthy threats. This very much be it Chief.