[Product]  B-134 Booster Slash Valkyrie.Bl.Pw 烈

(Mar. 29, 2019  10:21 AM)GOD CHIPS Wrote:
(Mar. 28, 2019  4:26 AM)Rouzuke Wrote: Here's my own input on this release, after using some time off work to test against some of the competitive combos pre-GT:

Valkyrie Chip: three blocks of teeth is kinda nice, a different take on Attack types, but still feels too loose when clicking

Slash Base: basically a rehash of Victory and Winning Valkyrie's strong design, with a bit of heft and color. I was surprised they didn't name it "Champion" at first, but I guess Valt losing to Aiga was not a great support for that name.

The 烈 Weight: seems to be something like Triple or possibly Quake in weight distribution, but the 3 points line up nicely with putting weight on the Slash Base; haven't tried putting the Weight the other way though

Blitz Disk: heaviest GT Disk so far, the little triangular attack points don't really provide too much attack potential, kinda like the rubber grips on Zenith, fused with the triangular shape of Magnum. It might provide some OWD needed for some additional rotations for LAD, but when the points are down it kills the remaining stamina.

Power Driver: Interesting gimmick, but useless nevertheless. It is extremely tight especially on some Layers like Shadow Amaterios, but the gimmick I have failed to see the ability kick in. Maybe if the spring is not the same exact spring that locks the white part into the teeth (kinda like Nothing or Absorb but more controllable), it might have some viability as a Burst delaying mechanism. The bottom part would have LAD potential if not for the protrusions on the rim (like Destroy/Destroy')

Slash Valkyrie in stock form is not too great. Bursts quite quickly especially against stock Ace Dragon. The Chip is awesome, but not feeling as tight or secure as its Chouzetsu counterparts. I'd recommend putting Destroy on that (or the Dash counterpart if you have extra), since the Blitz Disk seems to aid in OWD for sustaining a few more rotations for winning Over Finish along with the free-spinning plate of Destroy; Blitz is much more efficient than Zenith in a sense, but it could have also had rubber on the moving triangular parts.

I have no formal testing yet, but I could see Slash Valkyrie dominating with the correct combo as the new Winning Valkyrie of Gatinko meta

I think STING is more heavier
Nope, Blitz is heavier. TT did this in an effort to make SV’s weight as close to AD’s as possible without putting metal on the driver.
(Mar. 29, 2019  5:41 AM)JavariTheChamp Wrote: Remember guys, it’s about the blader Not the bey.

You’re not serious, are you? No one is going to consistently beat perfect Phoenix 00bump Xtend+ with spriggan quake reboot.
(Mar. 29, 2019  10:55 PM)Ntruder19 Wrote:
(Mar. 29, 2019  5:41 AM)JavariTheChamp Wrote: Remember guys, it’s about the blader Not the bey.

You’re not serious, are you? No one is going to consistently beat perfect Phoenix 00bump Xtend+ with spriggan quake reboot.
I think it may have been a joke. Also quake is a driver.
Off-topic a little, but I misread Slash Valkyrie as Storm Valkyrie in the Latest Posts and was very confused.
Could anyone imagine Slash Valkyrie Zenith Xtreme’ as a competitive combo later on ?
(Mar. 30, 2019  6:28 AM)Zeutron Wrote: Could anyone imagine Slash Valkyrie Zenith Xtreme’  as a competitive combo later on ?

Depends if that can even stand up to the monsters that can use Outer, Atomic, and Xtend-Plus.

Zenith can be subbed out for Blitz, Sting, 00B, 10B, or 0B.

(Mar. 30, 2019  8:28 AM)AirKingNeo Wrote:
(Mar. 30, 2019  6:28 AM)Zeutron Wrote: Could anyone imagine Slash Valkyrie Zenith Xtreme’  as a competitive combo later on ?

Depends if that can even stand up to the monsters that can use Outer, Atomic, and Xtend-Plus.

Zenith can be subbed out for Blitz, Sting, 00B, 10B, or 0B.
It would probably be better to go for a three sided disk. So I guess it loosely means Blitz, is it worth the synenergy exchange for burst resistance ?
Slash Valkyrie Zenith Destroy ‘ might be good
(Mar. 30, 2019  8:06 PM)JavariTheChamp Wrote: Slash Valkyrie Zenith Destroy ‘ might be good

Maybe use Blitz for better attack power and the burst risk is fixed by the dash driver.
(Mar. 30, 2019  8:52 PM)g2_ Wrote:
(Mar. 30, 2019  8:06 PM)JavariTheChamp Wrote: Slash Valkyrie Zenith Destroy ‘ might be good

Maybe use Blitz for better attack power and the burst risk is fixed by the dash driver.

This, on top of the fact that Zenith is just too lightweight while also having a higher than average scrape risk. Any of 7, 0, 10, or 00 would be better even if they're not triangular, and Blitz might be able to work on a ' driver as well.

I don't think Destroy' is a good choice though, as it's better on Attack types with Stamina potential (or vice-versa) and Slash just doesn't fill that bill. Xtreme', Hunter', or Jolt' sound like better options for a more aggressive Attack type, and Quick' from Random Booster 15 might work too if it's any good at all.

you should try it out with the blue translucent version of the destroy' thats going to come out soon
(Mar. 30, 2019  9:26 PM)Hussainthetank Wrote:

you should try it out with the blue translucent version of the destroy' thats going to come out soon

Have you ever made a post that doesn’t mention this recolor if destroy’?

(Mar. 30, 2019  4:09 AM)Zeutron Wrote:
(Mar. 29, 2019  10:55 PM)Ntruder19 Wrote: You’re not serious, are you? No one is going to consistently beat perfect Phoenix 00bump Xtend+ with spriggan quake reboot.
I think it may have been a joke. Also quake is a driver.

Lol I meant quarter
(Mar. 30, 2019  11:40 PM)Ntruder19 Wrote:
(Mar. 30, 2019  9:26 PM)Hussainthetank Wrote: you should try it out with the blue translucent version of the destroy' thats going to come out soon

Have you ever made a post that doesn’t mention this recolor if destroy’?

yeah, i heard its coming out soon 
(Mar. 31, 2019  1:45 PM)Hussainthetank Wrote:
(Mar. 30, 2019  11:40 PM)Ntruder19 Wrote: Have you ever made a post that doesn’t mention this recolor if destroy’?
yeah, i heard its coming out soon

Remember to type your response outside of the quote block please. Makes it easier to read and figure out who's saying what. I've fixed it here for clarity in this reply.

A special release of a part coming out isn't a reason to start pushing it absolutely everywhere. That's just irritating to everyone around, especially since it really doesn't matter which color you use. Without any significant mold differences, a Destroy' driver is a Destroy' driver and should behave the same as any other. I understand the hype, but don't be too obsessive over it please.

Also, that release is a shiny opaque color. Translucent would mean you could see through it partially, which you can't in that release.

I still stand that Destroy' is probably not a good choice for a layer this aggressive anyways, although I'm always open to being proven wrong through testing. Better to be proven wrong then assumed correct and miss out on a possibly functional build, although it doesn't change the fact that I just don't see it being optimal.
(Mar. 31, 2019  2:42 PM)MagikHorse Wrote:
(Mar. 31, 2019  1:45 PM)Hussainthetank Wrote: yeah, i heard its coming out soon

Remember to type your response outside of the quote block please. Makes it easier to read and figure out who's saying what. I've fixed it here for clarity in this reply.

A special release of a part coming out isn't a reason to start pushing it absolutely everywhere. That's just irritating to everyone around, especially since it really doesn't matter which color you use. Without any significant mold differences, a Destroy' driver is a Destroy' driver and should behave the same as any other. I understand the hype, but don't be too obsessive over it please.

Also, that release is a shiny opaque color. Translucent would mean you could see through it partially, which you can't in that release.

I still stand that Destroy' is probably not a good choice for a layer this aggressive anyways, although I'm always open to being proven wrong through testing. Better to be proven wrong then assumed correct and miss out on a possibly functional build, although it doesn't change the fact that I just don't see it being optimal.

i only asked about it twice and im sorry if it was irritating for everyone because i didnt get the answer i wanted, also isnt destroy' a good attack type driver for slash valkyrie? it has really high LAD for an attack type driver.
(Mar. 31, 2019  2:59 PM)Hussainthetank Wrote: i only asked about it twice and im sorry if it was irritating for everyone because i didnt get the answer i wanted, also isnt destroy' a good attack type driver for slash valkyrie? it has really high LAD for an attack type driver.

Despite being an Attack type driver, Destroy tends to acts more like a Balance type. Its high LAD combined with the fact that it's plastic allows it to have more Stamina than the otherwise typical rubber flat drivers like Xtreme and Hunter and their ' variations while still having a decent, controllable attack pattern. This gives it two main uses: Attack/Stamina hybrids with layers like Dead Hades, Crash Ragnaruk, or more offensive variations of Hell Salamander, or simply exploiting the LAD for more defense-based Stamina options with layers like Spriggan Requiem where it can function similar to Bearing or Atomic but provides more mobility and allows it to tornado stall when needed.

That being said, I don't think that a base as aggressive as Slash has enough Stamina potential to use Destroy's LAD in any meaningful way, which means you're just limiting its raw Attack power by using Destroy' over more aggressive options. The only exception I can think of is if it actually has some significant Upper Attack potential or something and could possibly win by destabilizing the opponent, a scenario where that LAD might actually matter, but that's about the only way I see Destroy' being more useful than Xtreme'/Hunter'/Jolt'.
what is the reason as to why sV bursts a lot? is it because of its two monster teeth?
(Mar. 31, 2019  5:58 PM)Hussainthetank Wrote: what is the reason as to why sV bursts a lot? is it because of its two monster teeth?

Either that, or Power doesn't have a strong spring which doesn't go well with Slash's aggressive shape.
I wish they actually released this recolour.
(Apr. 01, 2019  12:13 AM)Jinbee Wrote: I wish they actually released this recolour.

It's was a re-colour for KiraCoro Comic (CoroCoro Comic's April Fools special)
I was so sad for a moment bc I thought it was an April Fools thing that they would never actually release, but finding out it's an April Fools thing they're *actually releasing* as well as being unironically the best looking GT Layer recolor so far is awesome. We are sorely lacking in pink parts and this has made my day, lol.
(Mar. 31, 2019  3:54 PM)MagikHorse Wrote:
(Mar. 31, 2019  2:59 PM)Hussainthetank Wrote: i only asked about it twice and im sorry if it was irritating for everyone because i didnt get the answer i wanted, also isnt destroy' a good attack type driver for slash valkyrie? it has really high LAD for an attack type driver.

Despite being an Attack type driver, Destroy tends to acts more like a Balance type. Its high LAD combined with the fact that it's plastic allows it to have more Stamina than the otherwise typical rubber flat drivers like Xtreme and Hunter and their ' variations while still having a decent, controllable attack pattern. This gives it two main uses: Attack/Stamina hybrids with layers like Dead Hades, Crash Ragnaruk, or more offensive variations of Hell Salamander, or simply exploiting the LAD for more defense-based Stamina options with layers like Spriggan Requiem where it can function similar to Bearing or Atomic but provides more mobility and allows it to tornado stall when needed.

That being said, I don't think that a base as aggressive as Slash has enough Stamina potential to use Destroy's LAD in any meaningful way, which means you're just limiting its raw Attack power by using Destroy' over more aggressive options. The only exception I can think of is if it actually has some significant Upper Attack potential or something and could possibly win by destabilizing the opponent, a scenario where that LAD might actually matter, but that's about the only way I see Destroy' being more useful than Xtreme'/Hunter'/Jolt'.

I could try noting down my testing results for sV.Bl.Ds (since I only have one Ds') against major meta combos so far, since in my undocumented play tests I've noticed that sV on Ds has more potential for winning Spin Finishes and KOs (with a bit of Burst Finish) compared to its stock combo on Pw. I'd post it on a testing thread, but I don't know how to make one (as I don't see any threads yet about it)
(Apr. 01, 2019  1:12 AM)Rouzuke Wrote: I'd post it on a testing thread, but I don't know how to make one (as I don't see any threads yet about it)
Go here (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Burst-Customizations) and click Post Thread. Make the title of your thread for whatever it is you're testing, post the testing, and then post the thread.