[Product]  B-134 Booster Slash Valkyrie.Bl.Pw 烈

(Apr. 04, 2019  10:22 PM)MagikHorse Wrote:
(Apr. 03, 2019  9:36 PM)Hussainthetank Wrote: would sV 00 meteor destroy' zan be good competitively?

Zan is definitely better than Retsu, and Ten might work as well (although I don't know how heavy Ten is compared to Zan). A heavier frame like Bump might be a bit better, but Meteor's a decent substitute.

I still don't think Destroy' really has a good fit into this sort of design though. I just really don't think it's the best idea out there over a more aggressive driver, same as when I gave my spiel on the subject in the last page.

I just got them in yesterday and honestly need to start testing though, so I guess we'll have to see once I can get a little free time.

destroy' is pretty good in terms of attack but acts a bit like a balanced type driver but more on the attacking side, that being said the destroy' driver can be crazy fast which would result in hard hits and increasing bursts. It also has a super tight spring lock which is pretty obvious considering that it is a dash driver. Just imagine destroy' with a tight spring lock and sV with brick like teeth.. this combo will rarely ever burst and will give sV high LAD.

so yeah i think this combo would do really well in tourneys but xtreme' would be way better but less versatile
(Apr. 04, 2019  11:19 PM)Hussainthetank Wrote:
(Apr. 04, 2019  10:22 PM)MagikHorse Wrote: Zan is definitely better than Retsu, and Ten might work as well (although I don't know how heavy Ten is compared to Zan). A heavier frame like Bump might be a bit better, but Meteor's a decent substitute.

I still don't think Destroy' really has a good fit into this sort of design though. I just really don't think it's the best idea out there over a more aggressive driver, same as when I gave my spiel on the subject in the last page.

I just got them in yesterday and honestly need to start testing though, so I guess we'll have to see once I can get a little free time.

destroy' is pretty good in terms of attack but acts a bit like a balanced type driver but more on the attacking side, that being said the destroy' driver can be crazy fast which would result in hard hits and increasing bursts. It also has a super tight spring lock which is pretty obvious considering that it is a dash driver. Just imagine destroy' with a tight spring lock and sV with brick like teeth.. this combo will rarely ever burst and will give sV high LAD.

so yeah i think this combo would do really well in tourneys but xtreme' would be way better but less versatile
Xtreme' would, from the three hours I spent messing with combos, be a better choice. The Slash layer base seems to excel at KO's, and the high speed of X' would only bolster it's KO potential.
(Apr. 04, 2019  11:19 PM)Hussainthetank Wrote: destroy' is pretty good in terms of attack but acts a bit like a balanced type driver but more on the attacking side, that being said the destroy' driver can be crazy fast which would result in hard hits and increasing bursts. It also has a super tight spring lock which is pretty obvious considering that it is a dash driver. Just imagine destroy' with a tight spring lock and sV with brick like teeth.. this combo will rarely ever burst and will give sV high LAD.

so yeah i think this combo would do really well in tourneys but xtreme' would be way better but less versatile

First thing, GT layers have both the base and chip capitalized to avoid confusion with God and Cho-Z layers. The proper shorthand for Slash Valkyrie is "SV". Don't worry, I'm sure you'll get used to it eventually as time passes and it becomes more familiar.

I don't see Slash Valkyrie winning anything with Destroy' that it wouldn't beat easier on Xtreme'/Hunter'/Jolt'. Neither of its Cho-Z predecessors in Winning Valkyrie and Cho-Z Valkyrie ever really used Destroy or Destroy' despite having a very similar shape to Slash, which alone is a sign that this sort of shape is better on the all-out offense, not a Balance combo. Sure, you're more versatile, but to what end? What do you beat on Xtreme' that you don't beat on Xtreme'? Given what we've seen in the past, the answer is "nothing", and at that point you're better off just maximizing what you have instead of trying to add versatility to it.

Don't overvalue versatility, since simple being versatile doesn't matter unless you can actually gain something from it. This looks to be one of those cases.
honestly speaking all of the past discussion seems to rooted around the blue destroy' and its color match with SV. not trying to interpret things or assume things but i remember this being the case before where he was told the exact same thing.
After messing around ever further, the slash base was def made for only KO attack. The Valkyrie Gachi chip doesnt exactly help with the massive recoil unless used with a prime driver.
(Apr. 06, 2019  7:00 PM)K1D Wrote: After messing around ever further, the slash base was def made for only KO attack. The Valkyrie Gachi chip doesnt exactly help with the massive recoil unless used with a prime driver.

I've tested and confirmed this. In 20 matches of SV.Bl.X' Zan against a stock Archer Hercules, 7 of SV's 11 wins were KOs, and only 4 were bursts. Probably could've won more if I wasn't a bit rusty with Xtreme'.
(Apr. 06, 2019  7:04 PM)MagikHorse Wrote:
(Apr. 06, 2019  7:00 PM)K1D Wrote: After messing around ever further, the slash base was def made for only KO attack. The Valkyrie Gachi chip doesnt exactly help with the massive recoil unless used with a prime driver.

I've tested and confirmed this. In 20 matches of SV.Bl.X' Zan against a stock Archer Hercules, 7 of SV's 11 wins were KOs, and only 4 were bursts. Probably could've won more if I wasn't a bit rusty with Xtreme'.

I was messing around with SV.Bl.Pw Retsu (A4 gachi chip, bc that matters, apparently) vs. aH.7B.Et. Hercules semi-reliably burst SV, so a prime driver or the Dragon Gachi chip is required. I'd say there are -at this point- really only two scenarios with the Valkyrie layer base.
Scenario 1:
SD + normal driver = a useable Slash combo
Scenario 2
SV + Prime driver = an above average attacker. 

Mastering the sliding shoot should currently be a high priority for anyone planning on using the Valkyrie layer base.
Edit: A lighter disk like 7 might help reduce self burst chances
(Now I smile upon 7 and remind it of the days that it was considered a beast , days that it was entitled the heaviest, days it was called a necessity. I laugh as that day is past)
Forgive me I lost a few after reading 7 as a light disc .
But to add to the discussion, shouldn't 8' be a better alternative. Probably paired with quick' assuming it is the shorter extreme it is expected to be.
(Apr. 06, 2019  8:00 PM)Garvin prime Wrote: (Now I smile upon 7 and remind it of the days that it was considered a beast , days that it was entitled the heaviest, days it was called a necessity. I laugh as that day is past)
But to add to the discussion, shouldn't 8' be a better alternative. Probably paired with quick' assuming it is the shorter extreme it is expected to be.

Honestly not entirely sure of the competitive uses of 8', although I've only really seen it used either in stock Geist Fafnir or with Dead Hades. Dead Hades has more Stamina potential, which I can assume 8' bolsters better. I'm still thinking that 7 will suffice without having to resort to 8'.

Also, there's not any assumption I know that Quick' will be shorter than average. We've seen it from a side angle now and it looks to be close to the standard height, just designed to look more like the spin tracks and Rubber Flat tip of Metal Fight beys.
(Apr. 06, 2019  8:00 PM)Garvin prime Wrote: (Now I smile upon 7 and remind it of the days that it was considered a beast , days that it was entitled the heaviest, days it was called a necessity. I laugh as that day is past)

00 would be better
Is the heaviest disk Blitz or Sting? My Blitz weighs about 2 grams more, but a lot of people are saying it’s Sting. I’m really confused on this and I wonder if they are making a mistake or it is just a mold difference.
(Apr. 06, 2019  9:41 PM)MGoldZeo Wrote: Is the heaviest disk Blitz or Sting? My Blitz weighs about 2 grams more, but a lot of people are saying it’s Sting. I’m really confused on this and I wonder if they are making a mistake or it is just a mold difference.

Probably a mold difference since my Blitz also weighs a bit more than a gram than Sting, though I guess the unofficial weight comparison is that Sting is supposed to be heavier than Blitz.
(Apr. 06, 2019  8:50 PM)Hussainthetank Wrote: 00 would be better

If the need wasn't for burst resistance I'd agree. Out of the currently competitive disks 7 has the highest burst resistance and the most Stamina potential while still being really good for Attack. It's probably the best option to trying and cover for its bursting weakness a bit better if you're not using a ' driver for that purpose instead.
(Apr. 08, 2019  4:03 PM)GodGaia Wrote: How competitive is slash Valkyrie

The base is crazy powerful.

it can be put into a lot of attack type or attack hybrid combos most notably xtreme'/jolt' or even destroy' this helps with slash valkyrie bursting a lot because of the stronger locking mechanism. I would recommend putting it on a balanced weight since the retsu weight further increases the risk of slash valkyrie bursting which is why a lot of beytubers see slash valkyrie not that good competitive wise which i highly disagree, reason being is because the whole layer itself has the potential to be the one of if not the best attacking layer. I think that slash valkyrie is very competitive and should be used by bladers who are on the all-out attack or like LAD combos although i dont think this layer base is that good for it. try out these combos if you would like:

sV 00 vortex xtreme'/jolt' ten weight

sV 7 meteor xtreme' zan weight

sV 0 cross destroy' zan weight

sV 7 cross xtend plus
(Apr. 08, 2019  4:26 PM)Hussainthetank Wrote:

it can be put into a lot of attack type or attack hybrid combos most notably xtreme'/jolt' or even destroy' this helps with slash valkyrie bursting a lot because of the stronger locking mechanism. I would recommend putting it on a balanced weight since the retsu weight further increases the risk of slash valkyrie bursting which is why a lot of beytubers see slash valkyrie not that good competitive wise which i highly disagree, reason being is because the whole layer itself has the potential to be the one of if not the best attacking layer. I think that slash valkyrie is very competitive and should be used by bladers who are on the all-out attack or like LAD combos although i dont think this layer base is that good for it. try out these combos if you would like:

sV 00 vortex xtreme'/jolt' ten weight

sV 7 meteor xtreme' zan weight

sV 0 cross destroy' zan weight

sV 7 cross xtend plus

Why would you use Meteor or Vortex on SV? Also, it's not like you have to use those drivers with those disks exclusively. Really, you can do any combo of 0/7/10/00 and a competitive frame for attack (Bump, Angle).

Can't see Xtend Plus on an attack layer when it's more or less a stamina driver.
(Apr. 08, 2019  10:53 PM)AirKingNeo Wrote: Why would you use Meteor or Vortex on SV? Also, it's not like you have to use those drivers with those disks exclusively. Really, you can do any combo of 0/7/10/00 and a competitive frame for attack (Bump, Angle).

Can't see Xtend Plus on an attack layer when it's more or less a stamina driver.

what are do you mean? meteor and vortex make an excellent attack combo when its paired with heavy discs like 0/00 ext especially since vortex is heavy and has good synergy with slash valkyrie because they are both 3 pointed and has a decent weight to it. however meteor is most commonly used

your right xtend plus is not really suitable for a layer with high recoil and very aggressive. it just wastes raw power and speed
(Apr. 08, 2019  11:57 PM)Hussainthetank Wrote:
(Apr. 08, 2019  10:53 PM)AirKingNeo Wrote: Why would you use Meteor or Vortex on SV? Also, it's not like you have to use those drivers with those disks exclusively. Really, you can do any combo of 0/7/10/00 and a competitive frame for attack (Bump, Angle).

what are do you mean? meteor and vortex make an excellent attack combo when its paired with heavy discs like 0/00 ext especially since vortex is heavy and has good synergy with slash valkyrie because they are both 3 pointed and has a decent weight to it. however meteor is most commonly used

your right xtend plus is not really suitable for a layer with high recoil and very aggressive. it just wastes raw power and speed

Meteor and Vortex are long outclassed (Vortex has been outclassed for a really really long time). You're better off with Bump, Cross, or Angle. Of course, in a deck you would use save Cross for your stamina/defense beys, but it's still an option.

Vortex is outweighed by Bump, Cross, and Angle. Meteor is outweighed by Bump for sure (unsure on the others), but overall outclassed by Cross and Angle.
you are better off using bump and angle for attack, cross for no bearing stamina, lift, turn and wall for bearing stamina combos. vortex was outclassed almost immediately after its release by glaive and cross. meteor was outclassed by bump, lift, wall, turn later on. i don't have much info on angle so i'll remain silent for now on that matter
(Apr. 09, 2019  3:15 AM)AirKingNeo Wrote:
(Apr. 08, 2019  11:57 PM)Hussainthetank Wrote: what are do you mean? meteor and vortex make an excellent attack combo when its paired with heavy discs like 0/00 ext especially since vortex is heavy and has good synergy with slash valkyrie because they are both 3 pointed and has a decent weight to it. however meteor is most commonly used

Meteor and Vortex are long outclassed (Vortex has been outclassed for a really really long time). You're better off with Bump, Cross, or Angle. Of course, in a deck you would use save Cross for your stamina/defense beys, but it's still an option.

Vortex is outweighed by Bump, Cross, and Angle. Meteor is outweighed by Bump for sure (unsure on the others), but overall outclassed by Cross and Angle.

wow. really? never knew that meteor would be outclassed since its one of the heaviest frames around.
(Apr. 09, 2019  9:31 AM)Hussainthetank Wrote:
(Apr. 09, 2019  3:15 AM)AirKingNeo Wrote: Meteor and Vortex are long outclassed (Vortex has been outclassed for a really really long time). You're better off with Bump, Cross, or Angle. Of course, in a deck you would use save Cross for your stamina/defense beys, but it's still an option.

wow. really? never knew that meteor would be outclassed since its one of the heaviest frames around.

Vortex is quite outclassed in terms of literally everthing you'd need from a Frame. Bump, Glaive, Proof, Cross, Star, and maybe Meteor are most of the used Frames. Angle might work for that 3 contact point synergy but then again I don't have the actual Beyblade from the rare bey to test that, unless you got that through the Hasbro one.
(Apr. 09, 2019  10:58 AM)Rouzuke Wrote:
(Apr. 09, 2019  9:31 AM)Hussainthetank Wrote: wow. really? never knew that meteor would be outclassed since its one of the heaviest frames around.

Vortex is quite outclassed in terms of literally everthing you'd need from a Frame. Bump, Glaive, Proof, Cross, Star, and maybe Meteor are most of the used Frames. Angle might work for that 3 contact point synergy but then again I don't have the actual Beyblade from the rare bey to test that, unless you got that through the Hasbro one.

will cross help slash valkyrie for LAD
(Apr. 09, 2019  11:06 AM)Hussainthetank Wrote: will cross help slash valkyrie for LAD

sure it will. you might wanna go with slash valkyrie zan 00 cross destroy'.(the blue one, right?that has been the usual)
except for the fact that for any and all smash attackers, stamina or LAD doesn't mean carp. you ought to use extreme', jolt', hunter' but then why are you using cross instead of bump or something heavier. 
i think it has been fairly well established that as a part slash is for use in KO attack only, so you just wanna add all the weight that you can without removing the raw stamina. LAD is out the window for this bey.
(Apr. 09, 2019  3:15 AM)AirKingNeo Wrote:
(Apr. 08, 2019  11:57 PM)Hussainthetank Wrote: what are do you mean? meteor and vortex make an excellent attack combo when its paired with heavy discs like 0/00 ext especially since vortex is heavy and has good synergy with slash valkyrie because they are both 3 pointed and has a decent weight to it. however meteor is most commonly used

Bump doesn't offer the same control as you would get with 7M. Meteor is heavier than Cross. There isn't any benefit at using it over Meteor. Except when you want your combo to tilt more while moving (for layers which have better contact points on upper or lower part. Or drivers which needs to bank deeper to be more controllable. Like Dm)

I might work for 3 sided layer without increasing too much weight (to increase burst resistance)

Bump, Turn and Lift, all hits much harder. But sometimes getting clean hit is important too. Also, how much angle weights? clean hit is important too. Also, how much angle weights?

(Apr. 09, 2019  2:38 PM)Garvin prime Wrote:
(Apr. 09, 2019  11:06 AM)Hussainthetank Wrote: will cross help slash valkyrie for LAD

sure it will. you might wanna go with slash valkyrie zan 00 cross destroy'.(the blue one, right?that has been the usual)
except for the fact that for any and all smash attackers, stamina or LAD doesn't mean carp. you ought to use extreme', jolt', hunter' but then why are you using cross instead of bump or something heavier. 
i think it has been fairly well established that as a part slash is for use in KO attack only, so you just wanna add all the weight that you can without removing the raw stamina. LAD is out the window for this bey.

In such a case. Proof would be better. 

Yes, for such a recoily layer, hard hitting layer. It's best to go all attack.

But for some bladers. Ds' can be easier to control and bladers have to worry less about mislaunches.