[Product]  B-118 Random Booster Vol. 11 Vise Leopard.12L.Ds

(Jul. 13, 2018  9:27 AM)Adarsh Abhinav Wrote: Who got it on youtube.
If you are referring to video above, That's TT's channel

There seem to be a few Japanese youtuber that got their hands on this RB already:
(Jul. 13, 2018  9:27 AM)Adarsh Abhinav Wrote:
(Jul. 13, 2018  4:59 AM)Masugu Wrote: I dunno how the youtube guy already got it....i thought its not released yet

Who got it on youtube.

The unboxing above it, not the official introduction by TT
(Jul. 13, 2018  11:39 AM)Masugu Wrote:
(Jul. 13, 2018  9:27 AM)Adarsh Abhinav Wrote: Who got it on youtube.

The unboxing above it, not the official introduction by TT

HMM
That also happened at time of cR.
seems like he has some sort of connections with TT
Hey @[marutti], could you please tell me all of the types for the Beys in RBV11? Some of them were hard to see. I'm adding the types to the articles on the Beyblade Wiki and I just want to make sure all of them are correct. Thanks.

I bought 7 and I couldn't get only Nightmare Longinus. I'll upload Nightmare Longinus unboxing video tomorrow

(Jul. 13, 2018  5:26 PM)kjrules17 Wrote: Hey @[marutti], could you please tell me all of the types for the Beys in RBV11? Some of them were hard to see. I'm adding the types to the articles on the Beyblade Wiki and I just want to make sure all of them are correct. Thanks.

Vise Leopard.12L.Ds Attack
Vise Leopard.4.Yr Defense
Scew Trident.0L.Vl Attack
Ark Bahamut.7L.Xt Balance
Nightmare Longinus.Pl Stamina
Winning Valkyrie.3.Y Stamina
Emperror Forneus.1M.Hn Attack
Bloody Longinus.8V.D Defense
(Jul. 13, 2018  5:26 PM)marutti Wrote: Vise Leopard.12L.Ds Attack
Screw Trident.0L.Vl Attack
Arc Bahamut.7L.Xt Balance
Emperor Forneus.1M.Hn Attack
Thanks a bunch!
(Jul. 14, 2018  1:38 AM)kjrules17 Wrote:
(Jul. 13, 2018  5:26 PM)marutti Wrote: Vise Leopard.12L.Ds Attack
Screw Trident.0L.Vl Attack
Arc Bahamut.7L.Xt Balance
Emperor Forneus.1M.Hn Attack
Thanks a bunch!

Red Leopard has Yard actually.

Edit: WAIT, I should correct myself, I misread that.
Open youtube today and all the Japanese Beytuber are opening Random Boosters....so Jelly lol
BR or RB,lol
Zankye has a video on it,hype............
Looks sick
(Jul. 15, 2018  6:25 AM)marutti Wrote: [Image: ZPjlyLn.jpg]
vL beast
Reminds me of Driger. But it looks awesome!
you may skip my intro to the battle stage
Just found out that Screw trident was in RB before the starter release, I am hoping they will do the same with vice leopard.

I don't feel like spending too much for this one if they gonna release a set in the future lol
(Jul. 20, 2018  12:11 AM)Masugu Wrote: Just found out that Screw trident was in RB before the starter release, I am hoping they will do the same with vice leopard.

I don't feel like spending too much for this one if they gonna release a set in the future lol

Actually Screw Trident was a Random Layer release before its Booster release. Right now, Vise Leopard is only obtainable in the Random Booster, and don't expect it to be released in a regular Booster or Starter release.
(Jul. 20, 2018  12:22 AM)BeyCrafter Wrote:
(Jul. 20, 2018  12:11 AM)Masugu Wrote: Just found out that Screw trident was in RB before the starter release, I am hoping they will do the same with vice leopard.

Actually Screw Trident was a Random Layer release before its Booster release. Right now, Vise Leopard is only obtainable in the Random Booster, and don't expect it to be released in a regular Booster or Starter release.

ow dang...I am fairly new, and found out this is the same case like beat kukulcan T_T
It might be too soon to ask this but to anyone who has Vise Leopard, what are their thoughts of the layer so far? Is it good, bad, meh?
(Jul. 20, 2018  2:03 AM)Jinbee Wrote: It might be too soon to ask this but to anyone who has Vise Leopard, what are their thoughts of the layer so far? Is it good, bad, meh?

My Random Booster 10 just came in: 

Vise Leopard's layer is mediocre. The gimmick is useless, other than it's fun to play with. Having tried to get it to "bite" other Cho-Z layers, it simply cannot open wide enough to do so. However, it does for a few of the God Series and definitely dual layer. However, it needs to be the perfect height (which stock Leopard is pretty tall). Additionally, I'm not even sure the logistics of why the mouth would open during battle, anyway? The teeth aren't the best for an attack layer, which is disappointing. I would put it at about the same as Bloody Longinus, without the added benefit of being left spinning. It's a heavy layer, with a unique shape, so it might have that for an added burst proof.

I will definitely need to test the beast that is Lift. It's SO thick and scrapes, if you don't: A. Launch the Beyblade correctly and B. Pair it with a tall driver. It's heavy and provides the Beyblade with an additional punch, but it requires a specific technique and parts. From what I've tested, having it up is better than down, but it definitely needs far more testing.

Destroy is actually a solid choice. Personally, I think Destroy is a good driver and certainly helps Lift. 

Finally, the colours are a disaster but I kind of love it? Altogether, it's such an alien-looking Beyblade and odd concept. The transparent blue is definitely more of a purplish blue for the top-half (exact colouring of the cross frame that comes with Psychic Phantom in Random Booster Vol. 6) and the bottom-half is solid, navy blue. The driver is the same colour as the Random Booster Vol.11's Ark Bahamut's God Chip and shield. This Beyblade definitely stands out! Children, in particular, will love this thing.

The Booster altogether is great, however, unlike with Random Booster Vol.10, you cannot simply mix-and-match to get the Beyblades to become aesthetically pleasing. 

Screw Trident - Mixing the Vortex Frame + Defense Performance Tip makes for a cohesive and logical combo. Outside the Random Booster, you can pair it with an Atomic (Ark Bahamut's black + purple) and it's perfect (purple is an exact match to the layer!). Appearance wise, it looks fantastic and the teeth seem slightly better than the original Screw Trident. Overall, one of my favourites of the booster. 
Ark Bahamut - What an incredible looking layer! Wow. With a golden frame (I gave it gold Under because it's the exact same colour gold, unlike the dirtier, gold Star frame or subdued gold Glaive) and with the Destroy driver from Vise Leopard, it becomes incredible looking (and Destroy is a great driver with Ark, as well). The gold is somewhat transparent, sparkly and has more tints of orange than the gold used in the Premium Set or Winning Valkyrie Gold Ver. (which is more yellowish and ugly). The layer has the same teeth and really, it's just about the appearance, more than anything. As an Ark Bahamut fan, this was one of my favourites. 
Nightmare Longinus - Gorgeous re-colour, as well. Same teeth, though. The burnt orange Planet performance tip is really nice, but doesn't really match. You can pair it with the cherry red Lift (that comes with Screw Trident) and the lilac purple Volcanic (also comes with Screw Trident), which makes an interesting colour choice and a heavy attack type. The red matches the dragon's eyes, in case people were confused. Lift, as usual, is so odd looking on the Beyblade.
Winning Valkyrie - Same teeth, amazing re-colour. Goes perfectly with the sparkly, transparent  Meteor frame that comes with Emperor Forneus, but the driver, you'll have to get creative with and likely look outside the set. The yellow is hard to match, as well, being slightly off from the neon yellow Lift frame (which the exact colour of Guardian Kerbeus' God Chip. This yellow matches Maximum Garuda's Flugel and Dragoon S's Meteor frame from Random Booster Vol. 8).
Bloody Longinus - Awesome looking, minus some of the stickers (the wings, mostly, unless you like the magenta + blue). You can maintain the blue + magenta colouring, and it looks fine, I guess. The shades of blue range are difficult to match, but pair well with the Premium Set Winning Valkyrie Volcanic performance tip and disc. If you go all blue, IMO, it looks better, you will just have to use parts outside the Random Booster, entirely. The teeth are the same as the original and the Red Ver.
Emperor Forneus - This thing was so ugly at first, but combining it with some hilarious colour combinations was fun. The purple stickers, with the sharp, solid green is a bit of an eye sore. I paired it with a Purple Flow Frame (Valkyrie 1Flow Edge from Random Booster Vol.9) and the Yard (that's the exact same colour as the original + glitter. Which... sucks) and it looks decent. You can get creative and pair it with the amazing Xtend that comes with Ark Bahamut and it looks almost Halloween/Pumpkin-themed. The teeth are the same, as usual.
Vise Leopard, Red Ver. - Cherry red, transparent top-half + solid, shiny red for the bottom (same colour as Meteor frame included in WBBA Amaterios or Premium Set Yielding). The layer looks fine, but I prefer the original. I tried pairing it with the red Lift and it was too much. Any light blue frame + a red Yard or black and red Friction, makes it much more tolerable. The teeth are the same as the original, despite the rumours.
Overall, I enjoyed this Random Booster a lot. Very likely my favourite of the Burst Series. Most of the colours are new and/or rare, which is fantastic (the orange Xtend, burnt orange Planet, sea foam green Yielding, transparent Meteor, blue + rich gold in Bahamut, etc.). Some fantastic re-colours, as well (Ark and Screw are standouts, but truly, all of them are great choices). The parts are actually a step-down from the previous, however, if you're looking for competitive parts. This, of course, is assuming Lift and Vise Leopard are not competitive parts, which they very well might be. Buying the whole booster seems cheaper and more logical, but I'd skip the red Vise Leopard (original is better, the rest of the parts are "meh") and Green Forneus (only care about the transparent Meteor frame) if you want to save some money.

If people think my review is useful, I can do this again, in the future, for other sets.
(Jul. 20, 2018  5:17 PM)KinkoUsagi Wrote: If people think my review is useful, I can do this again, in the future, for other sets.

Very helpful! Thanks for the in-depth review! It's a shame to hear the gimmick is as useless as expected. I was holding out hope for the layer and Lift. Oh well, maybe we'll be pleasantly surprised with some testing. Still looking forward to getting mine next week. If anything, you made me more hype to pick out combos, aha.
Glad to hear, sonyat! I think most will have fun matching and pairing these parts. I hope people can find a really good use of Lift and Vise Leopard, honestly. Similarly with Ark Bahamut, the initial testings for something can be so off.
(Jul. 20, 2018  5:17 PM)KinkoUsagi Wrote: If people think my review is useful, I can do this again, in the future, for other sets.

Very helpful, thank you, especially for beginner like me, this can also help me decide if its worth buying or not in the future.
(Jul. 20, 2018  5:17 PM)KinkoUsagi Wrote:
(Jul. 20, 2018  2:03 AM)Jinbee Wrote:

Simply beautiful.