[Product]  B-117 Starter Revive Phoenix 10 Friction

I suddenly feel very stupid for not realizing this. Carry on while I go lament my mistakes :')
You have to look for the bigger side now. For rP, the right spin tab looks bigger.
Hey, we all make mistakes, whether we're new or old. No need to fret.

Either way, the layer looks really sweet. I don't expect all that much performance-wise though unless it's performance is somehow less bad than its edges make me think it will be.
[Image: 32374289_1017484811737230_64928634877090...e=5B8DD48F]

Someone found this on Twitter

EDIT: more images:
[Image: 32219167_1017487035070341_62088537329694...e=5B8352BE]
[Image: Dc9VG4hUQAAF2hD.jpg]

Revive Phoenix is confirmed to have a 10 Core Disk and a Friction Driver
It looks like it has a 10 disc, and I think for the driver it says....フリクション which would be Friction. But it's hard to be sure because of the glare.

Do we have a source for the images? I'd like to try to look at the originals and see if I can read it better.

(May. 12, 2018  2:14 AM)bigdaddyjoe Wrote: [Image: Dc9VG4hUQAAF2hD.jpg]

Revive Phoenix is confirmed to have a 10 Core Disk and a Friction Driver

Ohp, beat me to it, haha. Good to see that other people see the same word I do.
(May. 12, 2018  2:01 AM)Grey Bey Wrote: [Image: 32374289_1017484811737230_64928634877090...e=5B8DD48F]

Someone found this on Twitter

EDIT: more images:
[Image: 32219167_1017487035070341_62088537329694...e=5B8352BE]

Man TT must be getting piss that his beys are getting leak left and right lol
I only just realized we don't have a 10 disk already. 10 looks great by the way but really light looking. The driver looks like an advanced Atomic, except with a POM ring and a metal ball and it looks weird but so neat. I am betting the ring doesn't free spin, and is more like a combo of Weight and Yielding.

EDIT: I'm an idiot, I think this is a defense type when I used to think it was stamina. The driver being black means it's probably a defense driver, as most black or green drivers mean it's defense. The gimmick makes more sense too, and apparently the ring is rubber and the ball is POM.
Now I wonder which character will owned that bey from the character poster we had for the super z there was a few characters
So Revive Phoenix's gimmick is basically...

Jokes aside, I think info this seals the Layer's fate. That fate being eternal uselessness, of course. That design is too rough to be useful in defense and the free spinning ring make it  by far the worst choice for an attack layer. 

As for everything else, 10 looks like it's going to beat 12 in the race to the bottom for disc weights, and Friction's description mentions POM despite the name implying, ya know, friction, so idk what's up with that. Maybe the red ring is rubber and the white ball is POM? Idk, it just looks like an upgraded Atomic, which doesn't sound game breaking at all. 

:pensive:
(May. 12, 2018  2:34 AM)TrainiacJ Wrote: So Revive Phoenix's gimmick is basically...

Jokes aside, I think info this seals the Layer's fate. That fate being eternal uselessness, of course. That design is too rough to be useful in defense and the free spinning ring make it  by far the worst choice for an attack layer. 

Is that confirmed layer gimmick information from someone translating or rough translating it, or your guess based on the image?

(May. 12, 2018  2:34 AM)TrainiacJ Wrote: and Friction's description mentions POM despite the name implying, ya know, friction, so idk what's up with that.

Non-native English speakers making up English names is probably the answer, like for the rest of the drivers and parts.
It says... When the parts get break away from the bey, the bey can still spin...
???
[Image: timg?image&quality=80&size=b9999_10000&s...03wmwz.jpg]
(May. 12, 2018  3:12 AM)CrazyAries Wrote: It says... When the parts get break away from the bey, the bey can still spin...
???

The first thing that comes to mind is Tornado Wyvern, but those don't "break away"....

I am wondering if there is something special about how the teeth work. It sounds like they're trying to live up to the "Revive Phoenix" name by allowing a form of "second life" perhaps? But maybe I'm thinking too much into it. That sounds kind of hard to imagine.
I guess... This is a DOUBLE BURST gimmick?
The outer part of the layer could be burst firstly in the battle, and the inner part could keep spinning?
That does fit the name "Revive"...
But still...
(May. 12, 2018  3:20 AM)CrazyAries Wrote: I guess... This is a DOUBLE BURST gimmick?
The outer part of the layer could be burst firstly in the battle, and the inner part could keep spinning?
That does fit the name "Revive"...
But still...

You're actually correct I believe!! :o There is  little bumps on the outside of the ring. My guess is once it clicks in the middle the outside also has little teeth on them
I actually think it’s like spark attack ring where there’s a flint piece and sand paper
That would be a way to do it! The picture I had in my head kept involving the outer part popping off, but that would be kinda annoying and weird. But if they stay intact and another "ring of teeth" takes over from there....that could work.

I wish I had my hands on the magazine! I should look into doing that.
Maybe the outer part some how is fixed but after bursting free spins?
This Beyblade looks awesome, is friction an improved Unite?
Hopefully 10 doesnt have the gouging tendencies of 12 and possibly 13, though with points that sharp, i'm not optimistic
Friction = RIP At.

I'm thinking the layer is analogous to how Kreis Cygnus rotates. 

Scythe Kronos is to Tornado Wyvern as Kreis Cygnus is to Revive Phoenix. A fully free spinning metal ring would make it near impossible to launch.

EDIT: Fr may be bad if it has to go against the resistance of the rubber ring, hence the name "friction."

Maybe it deposits trace levels of rubber onto the POM ball so it can keep grip while having enough stamina? Like a Pen that writes in rubber?

I'm having fun speculating this!
YES @ new an interesting gimmicks. I mean, initially, I thought a gimmick like Phantom Fox MS, which would be amazing, however, this does might be more competitive.

Not sure I like the idea of every new Driver being predicted to replace Atomic. #leaveAtomicalone
I kind of hope that Friction is an atomic type tip with a rubber outer ring.

(May. 12, 2018  3:07 PM)KinkoUsagi Wrote: Not sure I like the idea of every new Driver being predicted to replace Atomic. #leaveAtomicalone

Atomic would likely still have better defense, it depends on how low the rubber is.
[Image: 012ba444b1b8c6f4d025df4b2d8606af-e1526097849907.jpg]
Revive Phoenix is confirmed to be a Defense Type
(May. 13, 2018  4:29 AM)bigdaddyjoe Wrote: [Image: 012ba444b1b8c6f4d025df4b2d8606af-e1526097849907.jpg]
Revive Phoenix is confirmed to be a Defense Type

Is Friction free spinning, I think it is not, as red is rubber I think.