[Product]  B-117 Starter Revive Phoenix 10 Friction

Mind's starting to cook up a Tornado Wyvern/ Ark Bahamut-ish gimmick on Pheonix here ..
This bey looks so cool! Maybe it does have two sets of teeth and the inner set is super hard to burst but the outer isn't, and spins? It bursts but keeps spinning due to the inner teeth but has a smaller diameter so it isn't as efficient at spinning anymore? Just thoughts.
I could only do the text on the right side in that image snippet I posted. I want that text that's under the image. And the text that's on the bigger page.

I think those may better explain the gimmick. We need a clearer shot.

But like I said, the Corocoro I ordered should be here in a week. I'll try to make some time to be sure I can work on it when it comes.
I think the abbreviation for Friction is Fc
(May. 13, 2018  4:32 PM)SUGOI-KONICHEWA Wrote: I think the abbreviation for Friction is Fc
No, I am pretty sure that in one the previous pages the abbreviation was said to be Fr
(May. 13, 2018  5:00 PM)Suhasini Wrote:
(May. 13, 2018  4:32 PM)SUGOI-KONICHEWA Wrote: I think the abbreviation for Friction is Fc
No, I am pretty sure that in one the previous pages the abbreviation was said to be Fr

They said the one person's blog said Fr, but I haven't seen a single Corocoro page that says Fr. Nor have I seen a single page that confirms rP is a Defense type.

So I'd say neither are 100% confirmed.
(May. 13, 2018  7:29 AM)Frostic Fox Wrote:
(May. 13, 2018  7:11 AM)ThePheonix Wrote: I seriously think that either Attack or Stamina fits Pheonix... Pheonix is a bird that has eternal living(Stamina) and it's a bird so it can probably strike in mid-air and low friction, therefore, more speed and therefore more force and therefore a good Attack type... Over JUST IN MY OPINION this is a pretty disappointing release. It's just an overall disgrace..

IMO

To each their own tastes, of course. I think this is the 2nd Cho-Z Beyblade whose design really got me excited. And given a phoenix's association with healing, I can see a defensive take. I actually see defense being more strongly connected to rebirth, personally.

I look forward to learning more about this, and I'm really excited for when I can actually get one in person. I think the coloring will look amazing in person.

I'm sorry that it doesn't fit to your particular tastes, given that your username indicates you like the birds very much. Guess that's just how things go sometimes. But I hope there are still Cho-Z beys that you can like.

But yeah, all opinions.

It's not that I hate the Cho Z series or anything. In fact, wV and hS are my favorite looking beys. And yeah. This bey is just not my taste.
(May. 13, 2018  5:51 PM)ThePheonix Wrote: It's not that I hate the Cho Z series or anything. In fact, wV and hS are my favorite looking beys. And yeah. This bey is just not my taste.

Not saying that, just that it's a bummer that someone who likes phoenixes doesn't like this one. But they won't make another Cho-Z phoenix, so hopefully something else really good comes for you. :) That's what I was saying.

I'm glad that seems to be the case.
(May. 13, 2018  3:18 PM)TL14 Wrote: This is the most BEAUTIFUL Layer I've ever seen. Grin 

Right?! The Cho-Z series has really, really stepped up. I loved the God Series, but these are extra beautiful.
(May. 13, 2018  8:01 AM)Frostic Fox Wrote: [Image: X6SwSuQ.png]

"the first ever"??? so Salamander's mode change and Ragnaruk's wings don't count?
(May. 13, 2018  7:39 PM)Grey Bey Wrote:
(May. 13, 2018  8:01 AM)Frostic Fox Wrote: [Image: X6SwSuQ.png]

"the first ever"??? so Salamander's mode change and Ragnaruk's wings don't count?

I think this means that this kind of gimmick had never been used before. You know, Ragnaruk's Metal Wing is just an advanced Stamina Wing of bR, and hS's mode change is similar to Twin Nemesis and Arc Bahamut. While the gimmick on Phoenix might be something we have never seen before. (Even in Metal Series and Old Plastic Gen?)
(May. 13, 2018  7:39 PM)Grey Bey Wrote: "the first ever"??? so Salamander's mode change and Ragnaruk's wings don't count?

Revive Phoenix's gimmick was announced in March, before all other gimmicks. That's why I think they call it "first".

(Mar. 25, 2018  1:21 AM)Frostic Fox Wrote: Alright, image! Mystery bey, I dub thee temporarily "July New" in English!

[Image: TPBMumc.png]
This is the best I can make out of that big page. I just put it in Google Translate for now. It's not perfect, but the idea is there.

I'll have the comic in about a week, so then I can put together something better then if all else fails. I can't be too hard on myself with shots that aren't clear.

[Image: xFRp5Se.png]

Just as I was calling it quits, I noticed there was another angle on the bottom part. I added that in, but it doesn't really help. Just talks about the next issue, but that's good to know.

I have to say, I like the bit that's basically, "Haha, it's still spinning~~"
My guess is that the interior part of rP is its own mini beigoma? Or maybe the center flies out leaving the rest to battle? Or maube that ring just falls off?
On my predictions, when a Phoenix has its own outer ring burst itself, the ring will end up flying in random places in an attempt to hit the opposing beyblade and hopefully, burst that beyblade.
Thinking on it, I feel like there wouldn't be an actual "burst". And I think that's why it gets put in quotes originally (in the Google Translate page a few posts up).

Because to fly off, the spring would need to be activated. And unless the layer can hold onto the driver while allowing it to let its spring go....that's not happening. And it will likely harm the Beyblade itself (because that push of the spring is a force to make those parts fly).

And once that spring goes, there's no way for it to tighten again. So you either have a Beyblade that can't actually be burst, or there is something else that happens that....changes some parts (falling off or even just hanging down or something). Something that has a burst-like quality to it.

Other than that setup that seems to divide the inner from the outer (which I was trying to show in my circling), I notice those two arrow-y things on the left and right. Not sure if they're just decoration or if they mean something.
Just realised: if the beyblade "bursts," but still spins, what counts as a burst finish?

I also think the layer will be useless. TT will probably put granny gums over decent teeth so we could see its gimmick in action. That is my personal bet.
(May. 13, 2018  5:36 AM)Suhasini Wrote:
(May. 13, 2018  5:15 AM)Adarsh Abhinav Wrote: Phoenix Should be defence type, It's fire prevent opponents to get a hold of it, as it's sounds.
If you look at the line age of Phoenix beyblades in the anime, they are either Attack or balance..

Burn phoenix was a stamina type tho
(May. 14, 2018  3:12 PM)Rebel Blader Wrote:
(May. 13, 2018  5:36 AM)Suhasini Wrote: If you look at the line age of Phoenix beyblades in the anime, they are either Attack or balance..

Burn phoenix was a stamina type tho
Ya, Lol-y Rancher had already metioned that, I had somehow forgotten about it.. Anyways, it is just another reason/justification about why is this Phoenix a defense type.
(May. 14, 2018  7:07 AM)Frostic Fox Wrote: Thinking on it, I feel like there wouldn't be an actual "burst". And I think that's why it gets put in quotes originally (in the Google Translate page a few posts up).

Because to fly off, the spring would need to be activated. And unless the layer can hold onto the driver while allowing it to let its spring go....that's not happening. And it will likely harm the Beyblade itself (because that push of the spring is a force to make those parts fly).

And once that spring goes, there's no way for it to tighten again. So you either have a Beyblade that can't actually be burst, or there is something else that happens that....changes some parts (falling off or even just hanging down or something). Something that has a burst-like quality to it.

Other than that setup that seems to divide the inner from the outer (which I was trying to show in my circling), I notice those two arrow-y things on the left and right. Not sure if they're just decoration or if they mean something.

Just adding that the Beyblade would either be ridiculously heavy before bursting, or ridiculously light after bursting.
(May. 14, 2018  10:38 PM)bigdaddyjoe Wrote: [Image: 4904810119074_2804e53f89af40acafc964ff9d7c04d8.jpg]
Official leak of Revive Phoenix

The outer ring is probably going to fall down and get supported by the disc, since the gap between the inner and outer parts looks to have some kind of twisting mechanism. Also, this can be backed up by the fact that Super Z is becoming obsessed with disc/frame-to-layer contact, so this would work well Destabilizer combos
Whoa. Now THIS is a Phoenix Beyblade (Sorry, Dranzer!). So damn beautiful and I hope we get an idea of what the gimmick is.