[Product]  B-117 Starter Revive Phoenix 10 Friction

(May. 17, 2018  11:02 AM)Dracomageat Wrote:
(May. 16, 2018  7:50 PM)TechnicalBlader Wrote: Update: I've only just realised but if and when the outer layer falls apart, the bey will lose significant weight and hence speed up(increased rotational speed) and this coupled with the colour change would mean RevivePhoenix will literally light up!!! meta-breaking or not every blader will probably want this so TT better make enough.

Sadly, no. Normally this would occur if a beyblade somehow lost weight mid-spin but, since the part that's lost comes flying off, momentum is also lost when the beyblade bursts, which would result in a roughly consistent spin speed throughout.

I'm not so sure.the burst mechanism shoots the layer vertically so it shouldn't affect the lateral rotational momentum on release and the spring ensures the layer is separated from the rest of the bey (most of the time). But maybe I don't fully understand your point
(May. 17, 2018  3:04 PM)TechnicalBlader Wrote:
(May. 17, 2018  11:02 AM)Dracomageat Wrote: Sadly, no. Normally this would occur if a beyblade somehow lost weight mid-spin but, since the part that's lost comes flying off, momentum is also lost when the beyblade bursts, which would result in a roughly consistent spin speed throughout.

I'm not so sure.the burst mechanism shoots the layer vertically so it shouldn't affect the lateral rotational momentum on release and the spring ensures the layer is separated from the rest of the bey (most of the time). But maybe I don't fully understand your point

The spring provides a store of kinetic energy that's entirely separate from the motion of the beyblade but you'll see that the layer rarely flies straight up. Instead it keeps going with similar horizontal speed to what it had while it was still attached, taking that momentum out of the system rather than leaving it with the bey.
(May. 17, 2018  3:49 PM)Dracomageat Wrote:
(May. 17, 2018  3:04 PM)TechnicalBlader Wrote: I'm not so sure.the burst mechanism shoots the layer vertically so it shouldn't affect the lateral rotational momentum on release and the spring ensures the layer is separated from the rest of the bey (most of the time). But maybe I don't fully understand your point

The spring provides a store of kinetic energy that's entirely separate from the motion of the beyblade but you'll see that the layer rarely flies straight up. Instead it keeps going with similar horizontal speed to what it had while it was still attached, taking that momentum out of the system rather than leaving it with the bey.

Except in cases when a bey bursts when it's not being hit.There's usually a final impact that causes it to burst and it is a force so it has a direction so if the bey bursts on that hit, the layer is no more resisting motion as it is seperated from the driver and airborne so it should fly in the direction of that last impact.Even in stationary attack every contact point is actually generating a force in the direction of the tangent line at that point. 
Also I didn't notice any teeth on the outer layer so will it slide like Hasbro?? (The concept I'm referring  to is still theoretical though haha)
I'm working on a translation of the pages now. I'm about halfway through. If I don't get too tired, I'll throw together an image.

One of the interesting things is that you have "不死身" and "不死鳥" being thrown around.

Going by the dictionary, "不死身" is "invulnerability; immortality; insensibility to pain". While "不死鳥" is "phoenix", which is basically "no-death bird".

It seems a bit strong to me that they keep calling it a "不死身" bey, since it's got no backup after it goes second-chance mode. But I suppose it's a way to be dramatic. (Or I just don't understand the Japanese perspective well enough, that's always possible.)

I'll see if I can make better sense of it as I go along. But some things are just hard to go from one language to another.

This is an interesting read on its usage in Japanese, in case anyone else likes looking at these things (and then I can find this easily later): https://ejje.weblio.jp/content/%E4%B8%8D...B%E8%BA%AB

I guess someone who dodges death might be said to be "immortal", and so that's the sense. It's a death-dodger bey.
Alright, done! I decided on a nicer word than "invulnerable" or "immortal". Some wording may be weird, but it's almost 4am and I'm calling it.

I tried really hard to make a clear order-of-reading between certain parts. But I also wanted to fit everything within a certain size, so I made the best of it. Might not look the neatest, but yeah.

Click the images for full size.

[Image: mAitBhE.jpg]

[Image: DngcEAh.jpg]

I think I botched something, but it should be good now.

I forgot a section, hahahaha! Added. And then some other things I noticed. After 4:30 now. Nice job, Fox. Go to bed.

Also, there is no mention of "Fr" being the abbreviation for Friction. Anyone who says otherwise is just guessing, I looked that book over and saw nothing.
The first picture Phoenix really reminds me of Dranzer.. Obviously because it's a Phoenix too but still...
And Thanks for the translation Frostic Fox!
Abbreviation of Friction is still a question then.. Maybe more about it on the next issue..
In the third image extreme bottom, it states that the "layer" is the secret.. So maybe us thinking that the outer layer(the yellow colour one) falling off could be true.
Where do you source the images from, @[Frostic Fox] ?
tbvh I'd be glad to help out if you are ever unable to do it due to sleep patterns, busy schedule, etc.
(May. 23, 2018  11:17 AM)leosama Wrote: Where do you source the images from, @[Frostic Fox] ?
tbvh I'd be glad to help out if you are ever unable to do it due to sleep patterns, busy schedule, etc.
He bought the Corocoro(Thanks for that!)! He had posted it about a while ago.. But yes, I am pretty sure that he bought it from I don't know... Amazon.jp? Not sure..
wait, if the outer ring falls off, wouldn't the inner part be able to be used as a standalone useable layer? would that be legal?
(May. 23, 2018  3:52 PM)Sıon Wrote: wait, if the outer ring falls off, wouldn't the inner part be able to be used as a standalone useable layer? would that be legal?
That will really depend on the viewpoint.. Maybe using the layer as a whole will be the only legal way.. because if we remove the outer ring, the actual gimmick of the beyblade is gone..
So I don't think people will use it in that way but if they do, then you make a point.
(May. 23, 2018  11:17 AM)leosama Wrote: Where do you source the images from, @[Frostic Fox] ?

For these, I bought the CoroCoro and just used my own images. (Made the process a lot easier, too. I notice there were some slight typos in trying to transcribe from the other leaked images.)

Sure, definitely something to consider!

(May. 23, 2018  4:28 PM)Red aXe Wrote: Another proof that the layer flies off.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1KFjvz9f...p=drivesdk

Yep, we saw this earlier. The outer ring flies off, and then somehow, the inner part keeps spinning. Possibly like Phantom Fox MS, being a mini-top of its own? Or some other build altogether?

(May. 15, 2018  4:26 PM)Frostic Fox Wrote: [Image: 07aiZbm.jpg]

I also noted we never get to see Revive Phoenix from a side angle....which might be purposely hidden so we don't see something.
so it's possible that the bey could burst two times in one match? Or is he just not going to legitimately burst at all?
(May. 23, 2018  6:27 PM)Limetka Wrote: so it's possible that the bey could burst two times in one match? Or is he just no going to legitimately burst at all?

No evidence now, but I think that your idea is reasonable.
I updated the image. I swapped out "linger" for "grip" for the text for Friction, which makes more sense, given the name. The idea is that it "sticks", so I think "grip" is what we're looking at. (Amazing what a bit of sleep can do!)
[Image: VGY5TQM.png]

Quote:なめらかなPOM素材+バーリングで高回転かつ粘る!

I also want to talk a bit about the part where it says the opponent is "made" to burst. I think that's what it's saying, but it is a little weird. I feel this backs up my choice.

Quote:または相手の方がバースト「させた」衝撃で、ふっとんでしまう!!

I put the Japanese so you can poke at it yourself, if you'd like. Maybe someone here knows something I don't. (Which is highly possible, as I don't consider myself fluent at all, haha.)
the phoenix dies and rises from the ashes, think of it like cheating death, and in beyblade, burst could be seen as death. So, the outer ring probably flies of, cheating a burst, or death.
So yeh the gimmick is prob that the outer ring flies off, allowing the main layer to continue spinning
(May. 24, 2018  2:01 AM)K1D Wrote: the phoenix dies and rises from the ashes, think of it like cheating death, and in beyblade, burst could be seen as death. So, the outer ring probably flies of, cheating a burst, or death.
So yeh the gimmick is prob that the outer ring flies off, allowing the main layer to continue spinning

But what I don't like is the fact that the outer layer will go haywire around the staidium. Try launching just the layer. That's probably what's going to happen.
My theory is that Theres a bearing inside the layer that allows the outer ring to spin freely, and the ring also has points on the bottom of it that reach down to about where the disk would meet the driver (maybe not exactly to that extent), which would mean when it bursts: the layer would land on these points and the inner part would still spin. It would likely be considered a burst loss if the layer stops spinning before the opponent and a sleep out win if the opponent stops first
(May. 24, 2018  2:38 AM)ThePheonix Wrote:
(May. 24, 2018  2:01 AM)K1D Wrote: the phoenix dies and rises from the ashes, think of it like cheating death, and in beyblade, burst could be seen as death. So, the outer ring probably flies of, cheating a burst, or death.

But what I don't like is the fact that the outer layer will go haywire around the staidium. Try launching just the layer. That's probably what's going to happen.

Most/all of the metal appears to be on the outer disk, ergo, the weight would prob cause it to drop dead and stop moving.
(May. 24, 2018  7:55 PM)K1D Wrote:
(May. 24, 2018  2:38 AM)ThePheonix Wrote: But what I don't like is the fact that the outer layer will go haywire around the staidium. Try launching just the layer. That's probably what's going to happen.

Most/all of the metal appears to be on the outer disk, ergo, the weight would prob cause it to drop dead and stop moving.

But until it drops dead it might hot a bey and than do some 'non contact' damage if you know what I'm saying.
(May. 24, 2018  7:55 PM)K1D Wrote:
(May. 24, 2018  2:38 AM)ThePheonix Wrote: But what I don't like is the fact that the outer layer will go haywire around the staidium. Try launching just the layer. That's probably what's going to happen.

Don't forget that the forge disk is still in play, so using a heavy core disk+frame combo will probably be more important than ever.
(May. 25, 2018  2:49 AM)BladerGem Wrote:
(May. 24, 2018  7:55 PM)K1D Wrote: Most/all of the metal appears to be on the outer disk, ergo, the weight would prob cause it to drop dead and stop moving.

Don't forget that the forge disk is still in play, so using a heavy core disk+frame combo will probably be more important than ever.

I have doubts that "OMG give it all of the weight" is the answer we're looking for here, just as it hasn't with any other Super-Z layer. If all the metal is on the outer edge of Phoenix as has been stated above, then you're left with a lightweight center layer and lightweight layers burst really easily when the lower half of the bey is very heavy.  It's why most pre-God layers can't handle disks like 7 and 0 without an extreme self-burst risk. Giving Revive Phoenix as much weight as possible is dooming that "second life" to a quick death by burst finish unless that inner part is as smooth as Maximum Garuda or heavier that it looks from here.

Either way, if we're gonna look at Revive Phoenix competitively, we'll need to focus on two things:
   1: Make the combination heavy enough to fight competitively in its "First Life".
   2: Make the disk and driver light enough to avoid bursting too quickly in its lighter "Second Life".
A lot of whether Revive Phoenix will be good or not will be in finding this balance, assuming the "Second Life" can stand up to the weight of the other God and Super-Z layers to begin with. If it can't then the entire second point is lost, the gimmick becomes a total failure, and we have to try to win with Revive Phoenix before we get to the point where we lose that outer edge or get so close that it doesn't matter.
It really depends on how Phoenix's 2nd life works. It might just be a mini top like Phantom Fox, but no telling if the disc will still be attached. It may just be a light little top that hopes to just out-survive the burst aftermath.

Regardless of how it works, no, I don't see the "use Phoenix without the outer ring" being legit. Even if it is still a whole Beyblade somehow, I have never seen any instance where using only part of a whole piece would be considered legal. Not having God Chips is considered illegal in tournament play. I believe reading about some driver with a similar thing, where removing the change-able tip might be seen as another tip (with what is there) but that's not allowed?

Just don't see it happening myself. Partial parts don't seem to make sense to me.

Given how Phantom Fox MS is legal, I don't see Phoenix being banned because of it making stadium-interference. That's just its gimmick, and you deal with it. Only if the sum of everything makes Phoenix too hax will it be a problem.

Can't say we can know for sure until we actually have all the facts, but that's how I'm seeing it. Still, only time will tell. We have until July.

I can definitely be wrong, but I think it's worth keeping in mind that a lot of what's being said (by everyone) are guesses. We don't know how it all works just yet.
(May. 25, 2018  5:18 AM)Frostic Fox Wrote: I believe reading about some driver with a similar thing, where removing the change-able tip might be seen as another tip (with what is there) but that's not allowed?

Just don't see it happening myself. Partial parts don't seem to make sense to me.

Launching a partial part of Phoenix would likely just make it burst incredibly quickly, so I don't even see the tactical advantage of doing so even if it was considered legal for whatever reason. It probably won't be, but if it is, that mode will likely be competitively useless to begin with and not even worth considering. as per my above thoughts.

Pretty sure this driver you're referring to is Xtend too, which apparently has a Sharp tip under the movable part.
My theory is that the outer Layer goes onto the inner Layer like Blast Jinnius. Because it's right spin it won't fly off when launched and when the Layer gets hit outer Layer rises on the slopes that are in between the outer and inner layer (and carved into the inner layer) and flyes off. That way it has to be bursted a second time to be bursted once. Because of this we would only have to deal with 1 loose part in the stadium which is significantly less than we would have with the Phantom Fox alternative. I know my English isn't perfect but I hope you can understand what I'm trying to explain. Smile